• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Stills galore for upcoming spring dramas

by girlfriday | March 26, 2013 | 

JangOkjung31.jpg

There are so many dramas set to premiere this spring (Seriously. So. Many.) that it’s been as hard to keep up with the output of stills as it is to keep all the shows straight in my head. So here’s a collection as random as they come, because when it rains it pours, and every drama and its mother is gearing up for a premiere next month. First up: Yoo Ah-in and Kim Tae-hee in their fusion we-play-loose-with-facts historical reimaginingJang Ok-jung, Live For Love, due out April 8 on SBS.

We finally get some stills of the pair of them on their first shoot together, with the future Jang heebin sizing up King Sukjong for a new set of clothes. This must be where the fashion designing angle comes in? It seems a wholly unnecessary way to get them together, seeing as how he’s a king who’s going to take her in as one of his concubines — at least that much isn’t going to change in this retelling. Mostly, I’m just thinking, I’ve seen this somewhere before

JangOkjung30.jpg

JangOkjung32.jpg

There were a few more stills of Lee Seung-gi perched on a roof for Gu Family Book(MBC, April 8) that didn’t seem that interesting on their own (I mean, save for the fact that it’s Ponytail Puppy smiling for the camera, natch) but the one full shot made it worth it. Turns out there’s a B-side to the Lee Yubi stills — while she gazes out her window, he’s perched up above, sighing at his first love.

Everybody with me now: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

gufamily11.jpg

gufamily14.jpg

gufamily15.jpg

gufamily16.jpg

Guga31.jpg

Political rom-com All About My Romance premieres April 4 on SBS, and has released a few preview shots from the poster shoot with the four leads Shin Ha-kyun, Lee Min-jung, Park Hee-soon, and Han Chae-ah, in a love square that crosses one of the most contentious social divides there is: political party lines. The poster images look strangely out of place compared to the pomp and circumstance of the rest of the stills from the show, like it’s suddenly a sitcom about four wacky roommates or something, but maybe the finished poster will have a different feel?

I do think this show has one of the better love squares of the upcoming season — four strong contenders with the most potential for dynamic personalities. Shin Ha-kyun and Lee Min-jung play politicians from opposing parties, Park Hee-soon is the heroine’s aide, and Han Chae-ah is the political reporter that both men are in love with. Don’t know how much rom or com is actually going to end up in this political rom-com, but it sure would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

AllRomance3.jpg

AllRomance4.jpg

AllRomance1.jpg

AllRomance2.jpg

And then weekend drama Wonderful Mama is getting ready to premiere April 13, and had such fun poolside stills from its overseas shoot in the Philippines, featuring Kim Ji-suk and Jung Yumi. They play siblings in this drama, along with maknae Park Bo-gum(you might recognize him as Kye-soon’s little brother, the young soldier in Gaksital), as a trio of spoiled kids who finally start to grow up when their mother is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.

The stills are from early in the series, when the three of them blow a load of money and wreck one of Mom’s business deals in the process. And I have no idea what bet the brothers lost, but they apparently end up as models in their sister’s fashion show. I hope you you’re not trying to sell those dresses. Werk it.

WonderfulMama1.jpg

WonderfulMama2.jpg

WonderfulMama3.jpg

WonderfulMama4.jpg

WonderfulMama5.jpg

WonderfulMama6.jpg

WonderfulMama7.jpg

Via ChosunSegyeMy DailyTV Report

Guest NEWMARIO

"Jang Ok-jeong" Yoo Ah-in, charismatic in the king stance

Source | 2013/03/26 | 48 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo295076.jpg

Actor Yoo Ah-in seemed very charismatic posing as a king.

Recently, Yoo Ah-in shot a scene where he disputes with Min Yoo-joong (Lee Hyo-jeong) in the Kyeonghee Palace. Tension flowed between the two of them while all civil and military personnel were watching. Yoo Ah-in's charismatic atmosphere surprised everyone even the staff.

Right before he started the drama, Yoo was in the movie "Tin Can" and he said, "I was going to be physically tired out but I was appealed by the character of Lee Soon. Some people told me to think about it but it was something I didn't want to miss. It's also somewhat like me so I felt more attached to it".

Producer Boo Sang-cheol said, "His eyes, his breath and lines were so perfect that everyone watched with their breaths held. While Yoo Ah-in can mesmerize the crowd with his charisma, he also has the appeal of a pure boy and he's just right for this character".

Meanwhile, Yoo Ah-in, Kim Tae-hee, Song Soo-hyeon, Seong Dong-il, Jae Hee, Lee Sang-yup and others are starring in the drama "Jang Ok-jeong" which is based on an original. To be aired on the 8th of April.

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "Yoo Ah In: “Sukjong is similar to me”

March 27, 2013 4:00 pm Korea.com

2013032708293445864_1.jpg

On the morning of March 27, actor Yoo Ah In expressed some of his thoughts about his role as Sukjong in the drama series Jang Okjeong, Live for Love (written by Choi Jung Mi, directed by Boo Sung Chul): “I didn’t want to miss the chance to play this character. There are analogies between the character and me, so I have an affinity with the role even though everyone tried to dissuade me from taking it. I am a little fatigued physically because I have to start filming the series right after finishing the movie Kkangcheoree.”

The director, Boo Sung Chul, says: “Yoo is a good actor who has the perfect look for the part and delivers his lines with exactly the right tone. He is the right person to play this character, and he will show the boy’s innocence with a charisma that will appeal to the viewers.”

The character Jang OkJeong (Jang Hee Bin) will be interpreted in a new way as a fashion designer of Joseon and will be shown making cosmetics in the Boyeomseo (the cosmetics manufacturing organization of Joseon).

The main members of the cast are Kim Tae hee, Yoo Ah In, Hong Su Hyun, Lee Sang Yeob, Jae hee, and Sung Dong il. The series is scheduled to begin airing on April 8.

I read that the title has been changed back to 'Jang Ok Jung Lives in love', I actually like it better ^^Btw is it Baek Seung-hwan that's in the still?! I loved him in 'I love Lee Tae-ri', I wonder which character he plays here. He's neither Jae-hee or YAI child version.. hm

Archived