[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest OreoVampire

nov6060 said:
chingu ^nov6060 yah! ^mamamika has escaped to the mountain ! she has snowflake date with Youngie & Oppa. But wait ! I think most probably she's at the  beach ! =))  (look at her profile pic) :))

KyoRean

said:

nov6060

said: Maybe she's looking for new inspiration for the next trivia questions... In what episode  they were playing at the beach? I should quickly re-watch that scene to prepare for the correct answer... Ppalli, ppalli... Tell me... :!!  :-t  :-??  #-o

Video of SHK's HK TWTWB promotion (thanks to freshspring):

Here's a quick translation of the video:

The news anchors start out saying that maybe because of Kyo's frank personality, her love life hasn't been as smooth and Kyo said she's weary (don't know the exact word to use because I really don't know how to translate this phrase to English) of relationships because either she was hurt in the past by others or it's hard to let go and forget.  She also said getting marry is a hard thing to do.  Even though she has this past experience, she really likes her single life and enjoys her work. 

This part is the interview part. The reporter starts out saying Korean beauty, Song Hye Kyo came to HK specially to promote her and JIS' drama, TWTWB.  To greet everyone with her best appearance,  she didn't even go out last night when she arrived in HK.  She stayed at her hotel and exercised.  She do want to tour around HK though.

SHK said she really likes HK and often comes to HK, whether it's for filming CFs or for visiting friends.  She has many friends that live in HK so she comes to see them.  She also knows many famous landmarks and shopping places in Hong Kong and she loves this particular seafood restaurant and hope to bring her staff and crew there.

Lol, I just saw @khxy's post.  Sorry, my connection is really slow and freezing on me. So I'm just going to paste her part in this.  Many thanks, khxy dear

She continues that Director Kim is famous in Korea  for shooting beautiful scenes and close up.The crew and actors suffered quite a bit in shooting some scenes at the scenic location.Her most memorable scenes is when she walked up the snowy mountain in episode 8.They tried for 3-4 times but due to the bad weather,they couldn't complete the shooting.The music accompanying that scene makes it beautiful.
She has been in the industry about 17-18 years and she doesn't have a special feeling when wearing bridal gown for drama filming,maybe because she has done it for a few times.But if she was to get married and wear one, she thinks that she will feel special in it.She will tell us how she feels when that day comes.
As she grows older, she has lesser expectations towards what her prince charming should possess. She thinks they should have the same hobby and interest and there should be good communications between them. He should have faith and trust in her work. She doesn't mind having a husband of different nationality because as long as 2 people are in love, it will surpass everything. Maybe she will learn Cantonese if her partner is from Hong Kong.
She is looking forward to work with Takeshi and Huang Xiao Ming.

Here's another part where they ask which HK actor would she want to work with.  She said there's actual many actors she would like to work with.  Since she worked with Tony Leung in the Grandmaster and in the next John Woo film, she will work with TK and HXM, she is very fortunate already.

Omooooo... i don't understand why i love my o2 couple soo crazy.. while those flawless and shiny skin 'humiliates' my polkadot face skin

:-w

Anyway.. i love the way they remind me to visit my beauty clinic immediately

:D

Ohh.. how i miss this thread so much

@freshspring.. i suspect your fresh posts.. hmm..actually. I imagine one of us is really related to shk, jis, or twtwb.. :-w

Kidding dear..

:>

You are one of the windblowers here i'll be missed so much if you leave this thread.. you guys too @nov6060 and @kyorean >:D<

Lets rock this threaad out !! Twtwb azaaaa!! :-bd

Guest mamamika

nov6060 said:Ah, mamamika, I miss your 85 more questions to go... Please make them quickly before I finish eating my potato soup, ok... I almost choked when I saw OS oppa in pink suit, the color reminded me of cotton candy color in twtwb... I guess for the next fan meeting, he will wear the suit with potato soup color...

Guest mamamika

KyoRean said:Oppa JIS pink suit resembles cotton candy  :-? hmmm Insightful chingu @nov6060 gimme high five! ..  Alright @mamamika .. here you go a question for you...  ;))

^Do you know why Oppa JIS wore pink ? and... why he still wore his wind chime bracelet during the tour promotion? Please answer in not more than 365 words. :)]

P/S fighting ! =))

mamamika said:
That winter, the wind blows's mission:Stalk this two beautiful made by heaven people JIS and SHK and kidnapp them. Bring them to an unknown island where no people around and keep them there for 3 months. 

Bingo. After 3 months we'll see. JIS will come to soompi and announce their wedding like Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young's with her some special thing inside.  
That's all i want. I'll give you everything i have if my dream could coming true. 

Guest OreoVampire

I wanna thank you all Chingu Windblowers, for making this thread such a beautiful and amazing place for us to share about TWTWB, JIS, SHK and all casts from TWTWB. Everytime I lurk here, I can smell cherry blossom tree and Oppa & Youngie dancing while Jinsung, Hee Sun,  Wang Biseo, Lawyer Jang & everyone are playing at the back like an orchestra.  <:-P 

Cheers all  >:D<
9hkznvxTGgc

tumblr_mocd97BvsJ1s8mq2fo2_500.gif
tumblr_mocd97BvsJ1s8mq2fo3_500.gif
tumblr_mmyeczBi3M1qj6ro8o1_500.png
cr owner

P/S : @pearlysweetyangela welcome back to thread chingu .. let's enjoy our withdrawal symptom !  ;)

Guest sunshine4ever

Thanks to kdramafanusa for posting this news.

Source: http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=4517

Actor Zo In-sung successfully finished Japan promotion with 2,000 local fans

2i6jpl.jpg

2013-07-01 09:35:47

[by Cho Suyoun] Zo In-sung visited Japan to promote his series ‘That winter, the wind blows’ and met with 2,000 fans and local press agencies.

On June 28, Zo In-sung had a press conference in Tokyo, Japan with nearly 100 local press agencies. Zo In-sung talked about the character he played in the series and some episodes he had during shooting. In addition, he talked about what will be his next work on TV screen. The actor had about seven hours of interview but he did not seem tired at all.

On the next day Zo In-sung had an official press conference and met up with 2,000 local fans in Shibuya, Tokyo. The event began as Zo In-sung talked about the best scenes and his fashion style from the series. Then co-actor Kim Beom and director Kim Gyu-tae came up to the stage and discussed about the scenes of these two actors together in the drama.

Then they began some special events for the fans who came. The show host selected a few people from the crowd who got a chance to receive a necklace, hugs or cotton candy kiss from Zo In-sung like he did to Son Hye-kyo in the series.

Meanwhile, the hit series ‘That winter, the wind blows’ is currently on air in Japan and is receiving a huge amount of attention from local audience.

(photo by SBS ‘That Winter the Wind blows')

-

zisjapan チョインソンFANCLUB チョ・インソン 日本プロモーション大盛況「韓流スターの威厳」 日本に吹く「チョインソンの風」現地言論及び約2千人のファンの心を掴む! pic.twitter.com/uZaRo5YnAc

wbfnkw.jpg

Pictures below thanks to kdramafanusa for posting @ JIS's thread.

qzrp5j.jpg

dnnc0l.jpg

TWTWB Poster in Japan

2j28e2o.jpg

DVD-BOX 1 (September 18)
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00DDGQBSI/
DVD-BOX 2 (October 2)
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00DDGQGJM/

"That Winter, The Wind Blows" will shown on TBS (http://www.tbs.co.jp/hanryu-select/) starting on August 28.

September 3: DVD Rental Vol. 1~4
September 18: DVD Rental Vol. 5~8

September 18: DVD-BOX 1 (15,960 Yen)
October 2: DVD-BOX 2 (15,960 Yen)

odnw.jpg

w9bg.jpg

6lsw.jpg

fhuo.jpg

u6vk.jpg

1is9.jpg

9k15.jpg

There are more pictures in the spoiler tag. Please click on spoiler tag button to view more pics.

Source:

http://hot-korea.com/kpop/report.php?id=20130631

Everything above thanks to the kdramafanusa @ JIS's Soompi thread.

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; line-height: 1.375; "[iNTERVIEW] Actor Zo In-sung
Posted on 2013/07/01 by Jessica Kim in CELEBS

Zo In-sung

Actor Zo In-sung poses during a photo shoot with TenAsia. [TenAsia/Lee Jin Hyuk]

He had not fussed over nothing. The Zo In-sung that met with reporters had somewhat let go of his lonely character Oh Soo but the six months during which he carried the depth and weight of “That Winter, the Wind Blows” was not an easy time for the actor. TenAsia met with Zo and looked back on the drama that was so harsh and painful to him.

Q. I heard you cried a lot after shooting the last scene.

Zo In-sung : I held onto [Kim] Bum and cried a lot. I thought, ‘This is crazy’ after shooting the last scene, for which I did the scene where my character records a video message for Young. But it was hard to say my lines that were two pages long because helicopters kept flying nearby every five minutes. I think it was harder to control my emotions because I ended it also feeling so nervous.

Q. It took you a long time to choose a project following your discharge from the military.

Zo : I don’t know why. It’s not like I’m trying to become a millionaire (laughs). There was no particular reason to it but I think I rested for longer than I expected to because filming for my movie “Kwon Beob” (translated title) kept getting pushed back. And I didn’t know what I should do because I was ready to do a movie but filming continued to get delayed. There also weren’t that many other choices because by then, they’d finished casting. 

Q. How did you feel when you first started filming “The Winter, The Wind Blows”?

Zo : I really wanted to die. I thought it’d be doable at first but once I actually read the script, I was at a loss. I couldn’t even figure out at which moments I should breathe. I was just so unfamiliar with everything. So I went to an acting teacher and practiced drawing forth each emotion. That’s when I naturally came to think that I shouldn’t ead into this script one dimensionally. The emotions my character had for the dead Hee-joo, the pressure he had to commit a fraud, the guilt he felt to Young after he falls in love with her, then the tension from being chased by Mu-cheol… . He was a character that felt so many different layers of emotions that I ended up thinking, ‘Why is the writer doing this to me?’ (laughs). But actress Bae Jong-ok said I probably wouldn’t get another chance to play this sort of character and consoled me by saying that she wanted to die when she did KBS drama “Lies” (translated title) but didn’t. And I really didn’t die (laughs).

Zo In-sung

Actor Zo In-sung poses during a photo shoot with TenAsia. [TenAsia/Lee Jin Hyuk]

Q. You’re a male actor but many have said you’re as strong as actresses when it comes to crying. 

Zo : Acting out crying scenes are still the most pressure for me because people end up talking about them for a long time and do parodies of them as well. Nonetheless, I tried to do the crying scenes differently [from in the past] because the writer told me, “You’re older and you’ve changed so viewers will see you differently even with the same acting.” So I thought that as long as I’ve convinced viewers of my emotions, it wouldn’t matter how I cry. I think it was around episode nine that the writer finally told us to stop crying although there were still a lot of crying scenes afterwards as well (laughs).

Q. Is there a particular scene that even you think you looked cool in?

Zo : I think the scene in episode nine where my character saves Young and smothers a gangster’s face across a brick wall is the type of scene that every male actor would want to try out at least once during their career.

Q. And which scene do you think was the most romantic?

Zo : There was a scene where Oh Soo puts on Young’s socks for her, as if he was her father. I think it showed him as both a boyfriend and father. When looking at the part of the script that mentioned that scene, I thought of how fathers so affectionately help their children put on their socks. I wouldn’t have been able to understand that scene when I was younger but it made me proud to think that I do now.

Q. What do you think is the reason Oh Soo, who hadn’t placed much significance in life, wanted to live till the very end?

Zo : The whole time I thought, ‘Why does he want to live? Does he want to meet his mother?’ I don’t know for sure. But I do think that he wanted to say that his mother may have abandoned him, his girlfriend died, and lives every day of his life pointlessly, but he still wanted to live. That he is living so we should as well. Our country has the highest suicide rate amongst OECD countries so I think that’s what the drama may have wanted to say. Live and through love, find your reason to live.

Q. I heard that you had to reshoot the scene where Oh Soo gets stabbed by Jin-sung (Kim Beom).

Zo : He had a bit of a hard time filming that scene because Beom’s emotions didn’t explode. He sobbed when I told him, “You did good” afterwards. So I remember giving him a hug. 

Zo In-sung

“That Winter, the Wind Blows”, Zo In-sung, Song Hye-kyo, Kim Beom

Q. Have you managed to let go of your character?

Zo : I felt really strange while at home the day after we had our wrap-up party. So I called the writer but I started crying. And I cried for over two hours, for no particular reason, while asking her for just a few more scenes and that I’d do a much better job with them. She listened to me the whole time and told me not to put too much into my roles, that it’d shorten my lifespan. So I don’t know why but I just cried then.

Q. There were different opinions regarding the show’s ending.

Zo : We had already shared the fact that it would be a happy ending so I think producers made it look like Oh Soo had died to just add tension. Like a story from a fairytale. On the other hand, I also think they made the ending seem dreamy because Soo and Young had such a hard time loving each other.

Q. I think you must have higher expectations of projects you take on from now on because of “The Winter, the Wind Blows.” 

Zo : That’s why this is also a dangerous time for me. Because I’ll want to have the desire to feel what I did with this show. I’m trying to enjoy this moment because it may never come again, although I’d be very grateful if it did.

Q. You must also feel like you won’t be able to do another drama for the time being.

Zo : That’s actually want to ask [of people]. If I did a new drama in a few months, I don’t know if it would be a gain or loss for me. They’ve told me to hurry and do a new drama again but I don’t know if it would be right to do another romantic drama after such an intense drama. I think I should give time for viewers to forget [about Oh Soo]. I tend to bring out what’s within me for my acting so I won’t be able to get rid of what’s me. I think that’ll be my justification to wait (laughs).

Q. How do you want to age as a male actor?

Zo : The word ‘anti-aging’ is a scary word. Ceasing to age could mean you’re dead. I think I’d be lucky if people saw that I age naturally.

Q. If you had to score your acting right now, what would it be?

Zo : I’d give it 70 points. I’ll fill the remaining 30 by improving on my acting 10 points every 10 years.

Photographer. Lee Jin Hyuk
Translator. Jessica Kim

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/62486

Here is the TVB Entertainment video

They are basically reporting the same thing from yesterday, but there is an interview at the end.  SHK said she's open to dating guys from HK, but will have to give her some time to learn Cantonese first so they can communicate :P.  They mentioned the fan meeting and how the fans were all excited and happy to see her.  She played games and took photos with them.  She was really nice, talking and laughing with her fans.  The lady interviewer asked her what was the most memorable experience when she was filming TWTWB and Kyo answered the snow mountain scene in ep. 8.  It was beautiful.  She also talked about the challenge of playing a blind heiress in the drama and it's her first time playing such a role.  She went to a center for the blind to observe their lifestyle and she learned a lot from them.  The interviewer asked her which HK actor would she like to collaborate with (she asked this question in Korean).  If there's a chance, she would like to work with Leon Lai and Andy Lau because she admires them.