[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sharealittle

I think the first 2 episodes are there to establish the plot and to solidify it, which is good because we'll get to the sweet parts sooner. :x It was also done at a fast pace that I never notice the time - how much more if I can understand what they're saying. :D I'm already happy with the ratings, even if they are 3rd among the tough competition, as ratings only matter when you break out of the 20% barrier. And when JIS and SHK share sweet moments on later episodes, there is a higher probability ratings will increase.
I also had a bit of background of the jdrama (I only watched it raw) and watched the korean movie. And as cliche the plot of TWTWB might sound, it seems every character is intelligent and would not succumb to the stupid, overused plots used in melodramas. Our writer isn't like that (unless of course our writer is whack on the head and suddenly loose a few screws or something).
Can't wait for the subs.

I have only read great great reviews from media for their brilliant actings ...Yippy, keep it up!

For the 1st ep, i was so moved at the scene when OS read the letter for OY *sob..sob*

201302140847779949_511c27a5c0274.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109542091
http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=113436&year=2013
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201302140753413210

many more *grin*

Guest meaghanp

@putriN - I think they referred to her as Oh young friend, and Wang Hye-ji is the step mother. 
@tessieroo - I will have to try out Viki's subs then for this show, I used it for Queen In Hyun's Man before. I have noticed that with DramaFever though their subs are very slangy and I have noticed that sometimes what they sub is not what is being said especially important parts. Which makes people miss the plot line. 

Guest sharealittle

@putriN I think Bae Jong Ok is a confidante of Oh Young. (Actually Bae Jong Ok seems more like a nanny to me). In one of the teasers, if I'm correct, Oh Young said to her (BJO) that she is the cause of the split of her father and mother. Because if she's the stepmom and married to Oh Young's father, then that would entitle her to be the head of the company instead of Oh Young, when Oh Young's father passed away.
The cheery friend I believe is a childhood friend of Oh Young.

I just noticed that this isn't even listed on DramaFever anywhere. Maybe they didn't get a license for it yet? Interesting. 
ViKi subs are at 84% complete for EP 1. The first episode is even better than I thought with subs. :-bd
@meaghanp - Ah! So that girl is OY's friend? Good, she needs someone on her side desperately! And you were right earlier - that guy is her fiancee. (although I think it was something Dad arranged and she's not the slightest bit interested in him) Can't wait for tomorrow. :D 

Guest jjsweeter0211

[Ratings: Wed, 02.13.13] ‘Iris 2’ Wins Over ‘Civil Servant’ and ‘Winter Wind’ in Round One

2013-02-14 09:43  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

A new drama battle began with the entrance of KBS’Iris 2 and SBS’ Wind Blows in Winter, which were both highly anticipated even before their first episode.

The first victor turned out to be Iris 2 with 14.4, but bothWind Blows in Winter and MBC’s 7th Grade Civil Servant followed closely with 12.8 and 12.7 percent.

It’s still too early to see which drama will produce the highest ratings, but it’s certain that it’s going to be exciting to watch. 

52938719.jpg

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dramas

8:15 PM

KBS Cheer Up, Mr. Kim 29.0 percent

10:00 PM

1. KBS Iris 2 14.4 percent

2. SBS Wind Blows in Winter 12.8 percent

3. MBC 7th Grade Civil Servant 12.7 percent

Variety

1. SBS One Night of TV Entertainment 7.5 percent

2. MBC Radio Star 7.2 percent

3. KBS Family – Special 7.1 percent

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

Photo Credit: KBS

viewimage.php?id=songhyekyo&no=29bcc427b

cr to SHK DC

Guest meaghanp

Dramafever has the licence for this series, but they are also doing Iris 2, so its being pushed aside a bit when it comes to advertising because Iris 2 has such this huge hype around it. 
I am so excited to see which of these 3 dramas will end up taking the lead, because I think we are in for a bloody battle for top ratings. 

Hi everyone :-h
Finally, the wait is over. I'm currently watching episode 1, and I'm already in love with the aesthetic of this show. Breathtakingly beautiful :xI screen capped a few scenes from episode 1 that I thought really add visual depths to the story thus far.

i8BAr3fbF7k4A.pngif8YYQkoIglmG.pngibbxJvAAplEehK.png

I love the opening scene for a few reasons. The first being that it's such a bleak and yet alarmingly beautiful to gaze over. Nothing but mountain and tree contours set in a winter wonderland backdrop. It has the apparent of coldness and feels shivering in that way too. The second picture is my most favorite of the three, because there is a little ray of sunshine filtering through the hazy sky. And the last picture, there are two scenes transparently superimposed. You see the photographic image of the tree in winter on the edge of that canvas; standing in the background of a drawing of that tree.  This opening scene also sets the mood for the entire episode. Very nebulous; we can't view everything clearly just like Oh Young's sight. Somewhere in these pictures, there's a glimpse of life hidden underneath the tree shades. Lastly, in that scene where Oh Young's real brother and Oh Soo talk about the meaning of their hanja name "Soo" - "to protect" and "tree". Oh man, I love this symbolism. His character is to protect and watch over her well-being, like a tree with deep roots which can never be moved away. It becomes a sanctuary; a shade to cover the area within its boundary. Essentially, it is a home.
Below screencaps are from another favorite scene of mine from episode 1 (there are so many good scenes, and I'm not even done watching episode 1 :)) )

iE64UjLkiSmEp.pngit7JjabywQ9aC.pngiummuFJKTHRIw.pngiPTbEfJ9sSx8U.png

Something about this scene really moves me. It gives us a bit of insights into the make up of Oh Soo's character. I love that his mirror reflection is much clearer than his actual self in these pictures - almost like the two selves, the exterior shell is that of a person with rebellious, don't care about the world persona, and the reflection is that of a person who is forcing his will to live a life with no meaning; going through the motions all by himself. So lonely.  
I also find the voice over in this scene to be very interesting:In this world where people are all looking for a reason to live, So I also try to look for a reason to live this dirty and lousy life. Then will something change in my life?I've lived my whole life thinking that I only have myself to depend onWill there be a moment of such enlightenment?Then should we start now?...I have nothing to lose, so what's the harm in trustingSomething that could be just another liePerhaps living that way is more interesting(btw JIS is so amazing in this scene, He has a way of expressing subtle incredulity and irony through facial and eye movements. Just fantastic!)Cr. translation from viki 
Last screen caps (for now)

ivFIO7Pr5rd3x.pngibyuSbPcrlPRIT.png

These pictures remind me of a person living inside a doll house; being controlled by others. 
I'm loving this episode. I had such high hopes for this show because I love the leads and the supporting leads, so I'm very happy that this episode delivers. Hope show keeps getting better and better :D 

Guest yellowumbrella

Jo In Sung hasn't lost his touch as an actor He/ his character reminds me a lot of Memories of Bali. Definitely this guy knows how to act.