[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Aaahhh what the fuzz with the amount of skinship this drama has... Coz for me, it wasnt never enough.. We Want More! And please Hotter when His Identity revealed ;;)  
and the sibling relationship, for me it's quite normal.. I kiss my brother (not in the lip, of course), sometime I sleep with him, I back hug him too, and he is 25! And that's normal! 
Everything is depend on the perception.. When people see me and my bro they wouldnt thing we have weird relationship, coz they know we are real sibling.. And in this drama, people already KNOW that they are NOT real sibling and supposed to be Fake Sibling.. That's why (I believe) they're seeing it as Not Normal as sibling.. 
Plus those skinship scenes are actually planned well by the writer as per she explained herself that she want to show the HOW they're in love as per someone already mention in back page (sorry.. I forget who ㅠ.ㅠ)

@utkim - Lovely banners on page 244! I've been wanting to do one for this drama but not sure what I want on it yet. *kekeke* So many heartwarming moments and gorgeous scenery that I can't make up my mind
BTW - how am I 6 pages behind AGAIN? 

tumblr_mcog54uYIx1rjk6s2o1_500.gif

Just finished up the recap for EP 9 so here's something to read while we wait (About 19 more hours?) http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/that-winter-the-wind-blows-recap-ep-9/

Everyone pray with me that @clockwatcher will be back next week. *kekeke* It's not funny without her.
 tumblr_m3gghpArla1qeag2d.gif

Guest ziimblu

happy ending or not... 
 I give unto the writer the pleasure and privilege to dictate the ending.    I'd appreciate TWTWB better this way, that is, something that presents itself, in its unadulterated state, fully independent of how I think. In it, I may agree or disagree, I may find solace or trouble, I may seek comfort or cry. 
I watched TWTWB with this expectation and trust.   I expected to bask in another person's idea, or even biases, and digest it in the hope of  gaining a new perspective, or simply, to understand what I probably have misunderstood all these years.   It is the writer's handiwork, after all, which I intend to value (not necessarily agree with) as another mindset or as a challenge to my comfort zones.    It is a writer's capacity to be CREATIVE BUT NOT PATRONIZING,  which makes me submissive to the story's  lessons, even if my patience and limits will be tested.   

I didn't watch this Kdrama to make it my own story or to create a puppet. I chose to watch TWTWB not for it to cater to my views or to patronize my prejudices.   I would rather experience the story, or take in the bitter with the sweet, albeit vicariously, because it is very enriching to do so. I will suck from it all I could, because it is a good thing to gain another "friend" (the story & its characters) and through this  "friend", re-affirm the dynamics of living and loving.

We, as audience , definitely stand at a distance, quite beyond the breadth of the writer's independence and control (which are precisely the very two things which make him/her a writer!).   And that to me, is the very essence from which learning, with excitement, breeds.  

When I started the first episode, I was willing to be led where the writer dictates, and possibly be broken, in the end, because that's how I want to enjoy and learn from it.   Otherwise, I would watch another Kdrama. 

Frankly, I wouldn't be interested to sit through 16 episodes watching some material written only for the sake of pleasing the audience or worse, written solely for the ratings.
That JIS is hot, is a mere giveaway! 

skelly

said:

cathyisvip

said:

it's interesting reading most of the posts to see how a lot of people think there'll be a happy ending. it makes me happy seeing people so optimistic about a melodrama

:)

i think that there'll be a happy ending too. youngie NEEDS to get her eyesight back somehow, i don't even care if it's unrealistic, because it'd be such a shame if she cannot see how handsome her oh soo oppa is!

Thanks so much for the preview translation, @Fidelity!  >:D< The line from Wang about transferring her to another hospital - I wonder if that's after they discover he's not the real OS and she's trying to hide OY from him? BEOTCH! I hate her.  [-(  (Well, at least right this second I do)  :-w 
And thank you to @hartofseeker for posting the preview and keeping an eye out for interesting things for us from DC. >:D<
@jjsweeter0211 - I love the banners you posted on page 246 too. I think I might make a banner of the cake baking scene. *hee* I need smiles, not tears. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that hospital scene. :((
@skelly - Doesn't Soo paint? I wonder if he could make a living at that? 

skelly said: cathyisvip said:
it's interesting reading most of the posts to see how a lot of people think there'll be a happy ending. it makes me happy seeing people so optimistic about a melodrama :) i think that there'll be a happy ending too. youngie NEEDS to get her eyesight back somehow, i don't even care if it's unrealistic, because it'd be such a shame if she cannot see how handsome her oh soo oppa is!

Guest marlin

i was just watching ep 8 when he read OY her book , and it flash me maybe he is going to lose his memories *-:)

and OY have to make him remember ;;)

i would like that , i wanna see sth like that [-O<

Guest cho7na

counting the time till next episode coming and here i am repeating the episodes ~O)

O2 happy moments :\"> kiss on forehead
tumblr_mj2ycaI5Qn1r0n47ho3_250.giftumblr_mj2ycaI5Qn1r0n47ho4_250.giftumblr_mj2ycaI5Qn1r0n47ho1_250.gif

OY said "오빠 가지마 옆에있어"
tumblr_miniaoFTPa1r6ekcuo1_250.giftumblr_miniaoFTPa1r6ekcuo2_250.giftumblr_miniaoFTPa1r6ekcuo3_250.giftumblr_miniaoFTPa1r6ekcuo4_250.giftumblr_miniaoFTPa1r6ekcuo5_250.giftumblr_miniaoFTPa1r6ekcuo6_250.gif

when OS got jealous
:))
tumblr_millbouHc61r6ekcuo1_250.giftumblr_millbouHc61r6ekcuo2_250.giftumblr_millbouHc61r6ekcuo3_250.giftumblr_mikg37nNWW1r0n47ho2_250.gif

the trademark from TWTWB is 사탕 a.k.a Cotton Candy moment  :-*
tumblr_midov9fDGK1r9iihio1_250.giftumblr_midov9fDGK1r9iihio4_250.giftumblr_midov9fDGK1r9iihio2_250.gif
cr: owner

Happy Wednesday to All Windblowers  ;))
cho+in+sung_song+hyekyo.jpg

tessieroo said
Just finished up the recap for EP 9 so here's something to read while we wait (About 19 more hours?) http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/that-winter-the-wind-blows-recap-ep-9/

Everyone pray with me that @clockwatcher will be back next week. *kekeke* It's not funny without her

@angelineong

I think you will be able to do that if their statue exactly the same like winter sonata couple statue.. but if they make a statue just like madam tussaud statue.. :> happy ending or not. I think the minor reaction when you meet them is say "azaa" and v fingers to the camera :\">

Ah.. God bless those who will realize that idea..

[-O<

If it never happen.. i hope my in sung will comforting me just like he comforting song ji hye after every kiss scene at frozen flowerr.. 8->

Aigoo.. poor me.. JIS captivate me in every move he make. 8-}

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys, I just wanted say that this thread is so lucky. First, we have a lot of new reporters and picture posters. Then we have a lot of insightful writers and recappers. Now we have a lot of graphic makers and music video makers. I'm grateful for all of the things you shared with me. Love all the pictures/videos/recaps and things you posted.

@shaylaman, love the latest music video you shared. I hope you will keep making. ^^ But please don't feel pressured.

I was thinking about this scene in episode 10:
1z5nix3.jpg

So first of all some of you might have read that I had been working with the blind 1-2 times and the first time I met some people who were blind that I worked with I learned from them how difficult it is to live and not being able to see. When I met those people they taught me a lot more about learning to trust (instead of being afraid) and how to be more courageous. In fact, when I first met them, I went home and thought of how dark their world must be because they could not see. How scary it must be to live in a world that is dark all the time that you couldn't see and you have to rely on other people to take you around. So whenever I thought of that I felt like Oh Young (like those that I met who are still journeying their life living with a disability with a lot of courage) was a very courageous person because she used to be able to see yet lost her eyes sight later. Just imagine how fearful she must be, yet she still lived on until this day to meet Oh Soo. Anyway, I can never imagine myself holding anybody I love like this (laying next to them in a hospital's bed), but Oh Soo can. <3 I am so glad Oh Young doesn't have journey in the dark by herself now. She's met someone who's going to love her like no one ever loved her. I'm confident of that.
kyoforever said: can somebody help me how to upload photo's here? dont know how...