[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

@Wist:

"we live in the hope of/anticipation of something. We don't just live for the sake of wanting to live. It's the anticipation of the possibilities in life that drives us to live."

I agree. What I do not agree with Writer Noh is that she has killed off all hope of anticipating a clear, nice closure to this drama because while she gave hope of possibilities, by stabbing Oh Soo last minute, well, why anticipate if the end is death? For me, the drama reeks of death right from the start and was attempted by youngie and faced by oh soo in ep 16. There is such a dark side to her story and I wish she did not portray life to be so dark, even if in reality, sometimes we can get there, blurring between sanity and insanity. If for a second, the ending was clearly something to celebrate about with a good, passionate (won't dare dream of hot!) kiss from the 2 leads and leaving no doubt about alive or dead, I would salute her style and forgive her for being a sadist and a pessimist.

But it wasn't the case of clear cut ending and the kisses between the 2 leads were clearly a let-down. Like I said, if it's meant to be a good kiss, the producer would have directed it but obviously it was done to please the fans - a mere meeting of lips. Then, some blamed SHK for not responding. Think again. Who wouldn't? JIS is such a hunk! Obviously they were instructed to do it that way as the producer is always near to direct them. So it's intentionally a light kiss, by all means.

I agree that  I was expecting lots of make up for lost screen time for JIS and SHK but obviously it was too rushed as expected and they stubbornly refused to extend. If you cast someone as beautiful as SHK and handsome as JIS and omit the passionate kisses, well, I'll say - What The Heck was that all about? So much nice moments from ep 1-12. Ep 13 starts the dark side of separation and truth. ep 14-15 was one of my worst moments at the turn of the story which I didn't expect of writer Noh. Adapation of stories can be changed. She did not. Ep 16 was expected to be rushed and it was.

I am not complaining. I had good times with TWTWB. But the last 3 ep could have been better and happier with JIS and SHK. God knows if they would ever be cast together again. The producer did not make the most of their chemistry and the beauty of their visual impact and how much fans love to see them. So in that aspect, it's lacking and a let down, though the drama is still beautiful to me.

That's my opinion. Still, I enjoyed the cast and the journey. :)

sooyoungdaebak said: The blurry scenes seemed to make everyone confused. 
What writer Noh wants us to see is a glimpse of Youngie's vision at that point of time.
From the screen of her in the taxi till she meets Oh Soo, that is how clear/blurry her vision is. 
It's not meant to be "dream" like. It's more of how much she can see. 
She still touches things as if she's blind. But that is how she knows what is what. Touching and remembering....

SeGafanlady said: sooyoungdaebak said: The blurry scenes seemed to make everyone confused. 
What writer Noh wants us to see is a glimpse of Youngie's vision at that point of time.
From the screen of her in the taxi till she meets Oh Soo, that is how clear/blurry her vision is. 
She still touches things as if she's blind. But that is how she knows what is what. Touching and remembering....

Guest kikay14

@rach111 again i will repeat the stabbing was not copied in nice guy. The stabbing is really included in the original version, even in the movie version and this story was finished/made 11 years ago. If she will remove that, how will she come up of the ending?

We really need to analyze this melodrama and this is so hard

to decipher. We analyze right? But sometimes we tend to overanalyze some scenes. There is ambiguity but in the end, what matters is the message that the writer wants to convey. So far im satisfied.

they could've made a few episodes more, I think... just to clear up this confusing 'ending' a bit and what really happened to os&oy.. :-O
I am just wondering, even though I want to believe they got their happy ending, together and alive.. Cause they really deserve it :x

skelly said: SeGafanlady said: sooyoungdaebak said: The blurry scenes seemed to make everyone confused. 

guess TWTWB finally gave me the laughs! =)) but I'm really okay with different opinions on how it ended, coz I'm still waiting for the eng sub. maybe if I fully watched it, then I can join all of you here tomorrow and add my own POV. :D
just don't take it personally though. agree to disagree. :-bd

Guest yellowumbrella

Ok guys maybe they were really in the afterlife. Both are wearing white. Maybe OS was waiting for OY to come. And lets just say they ended up like romeo and juliet but still they got together in the end.

I dont know but this drama is giving me the titanic feels. Those suspenders, OS' gambling, THE ONE's winter

Love titanic like bg music, ughh