Do you prefer kimbap or sushi?

Guest bunkicake

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had sushi more times than I can count, but I've only had kimbap from a dining hall at my university. My school is known for having terrible food, though, so this might be a bit biased.

My favorite food is sushi, so I guess sushi wins for me

I can't really compare them in that sense because while they look similar they tend to have very different flavor profiles.

Sushi has a "lighter" flavor, uses more raw ingredients: mostly fish for protein, adds vinegar to the rice and is over all a "Fresh" kind of dish. 

Kimbap is a more earthy, sometimes savory flavor generally. It has cooked & pickled/fermented ingredients, generally non-fish based proteins like chicken, spam, beef or pork. When fish is used, its usually something like canned tuna, sometimes fresh veggies, and sometimes includes heavy sauces. It generally uses sesame oil in the rice, rather than vinegar. And its best when the rice is still warm and moist. 

If I'm craving one, I'm not going to want the other as its not going to satisfy the type of craving I have.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived