Do you prefer kimbap or sushi?

Guest bunkicake

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kristinh

Just a note that sushi doesn't have to bee raw fish. It can be just about anything, and i have even had it with meat. Kimbap also has vinegar or sesame oil in the rice, so they are very similar. My Korean freinds even call it sushiroll half the time. It's mostly the filling which is different as kimbap usually consists of pickled raddish, omelet, carrots, crabsticks (meat if you do the fancy version) and some form of cooked vegetable like mushroom or spinach. For lunch you would ususally have kimbap together with noodles.
I love them both, but maybe the sushiroll a little more since it has more variety.

• 3 weeks later...

sushi is clearly superior. tbh i am 85% sure that kimbab is not actually a traditional food. most likely it was developed later on during hard times as a portable small food.
sashimi however has a long history in korea. "rolls" when it comes to sushi... i think is American? Isn't sushi simply some type of sea food sitting on some rice? nigiri?
sushi rolls is far from authentic, but still delicious. 

• 1 month later...

I love sushi/ sashimi after my experience at Tsukiji fish market with sashimi in Tokyo, not sure I can eat anything in the states that has the same depth and freshness:( I've become spoiled by good sushi/ sashimi, so while here in the States I would have to say I eat Kimbap more often due to it suits my needs and is a fast lunch, but I still prefer sashimi and  hwe dup bap when I am able to get it very fresh!! I just need to find a good place for raw fish here in the states!! Kimbap is also a comfort food for me!
Basically I'm tied between the two!

ajlee613 said: sushi is clearly superior. tbh i am 85% sure that kimbab is not actually a traditional food. most likely it was developed later on during hard times as a portable small food.
sashimi however has a long history in korea. "rolls" when it comes to sushi... i think is American? Isn't sushi simply some type of sea food sitting on some rice? nigiri?

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like this is asking if you like soup or stew / biscuit or cookie- both good for different occasions/feelings!

If I had to choose one forever I guess I have to go w/ sushi bc of the variety/popularity. BTW/HINT: I order Futomaki rolls @ sushi places when I want the closest thing to kimbap (not the same, but the closest you get sometimes) -- just make sure they don't smother it in spicy mayo!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

x_intotheblue_x said: ajlee613 said: sushi is clearly superior. tbh i am 85% sure that kimbab is not actually a traditional food. most likely it was developed later on during hard times as a portable small food.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived