[Drama 2012] Cheongdamdong Alice / Alice in Cheongdamdong 청담동 앨리스

Guest nabi

Moon Geun Young Finally Understands the Meaning of Acting

2012-10-21 02:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

Perhaps already preparing for her new acting role, Moon Geun Young transformed into a chic and elegant woman for fashion magazine Cosmopolitan.

The photo from the spread, which was revealed on October 19, shows Moon Geun Young, the original little sister of Korea, dressed in a black dress with a pink jacket draped over her shoulder, donning black sneakers instead of heels to toughen up the overall elegant look.

12539722.jpg

During the interview with the magazine, Moon Geun Young said about her two year hiatus, “I spent a lot of time asking myself questions. I realized that the job of acting is something that requires stepping out of the box and embracing the stormy periods of puberty all throughout.”

Moon Geun Young is preparing for her next big project, SBS drama Cheongdamdong Alice, which is about a girl who hopes to marry a rich man.

The drama will air after the conclusion of Five Fingers.

Photo Credit: Cosmopolitan

Cr: Enewsworld

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="entry-title"PSH on Moon Geun Young in “Cheongdam-dong Alice” Posted on 2012/10/20 12:00 pm by H.A.T.

2012.10.19   News report

Park Si Hoo says Moon Geun Young looks nice

Actor Park Si Hoo gave his first impression of his fellow actor in “Cheongdam-dong Alice” Moon Geun Young.

In the SBS weekend drama “Cheongdam-dong Alice” to be broadcast after “Five Fingers”, Park Si Hoo plays Cha Seung Jo, the youngest chairman of the largest Korean global luxury goods distribution company Artemis, and his love relationship with Han Se Kyung (played by Moon Geun Young).

In this regard, in an interview on October 19, Park Si Hoo said: “I’ve met Moon Geun Young a few times and have a good impression of her.  She looks good on the screen, very understanding and considerate of others.  Her acting is good and I have a lot of expectations.”

Park Si Hoo continued to say that in “Cheongdam-dong Alice” he is attracted to the role which can show a wide spectrum of emotions.  He is a cool guy who is fragile and tough at the same time and that defines the character — which is what he wishes to convey.

Park Si Hoo said it is unfortunate the drama is only 16 episodes.  “Somehow when you wish to show something, the drama has come to an end.”  He continued: ”It is rare for a weekend drama to be only 16 episodes.  Maybe I am just too greedy.”

“Cheongdam-dong Alice” is set in Seoul’s Cheongdam-dong which serves as the background of the Cinderella story in which an ordinary girl Han Se Kyung (Moon Geun Young) becomes the daughter-in-law of a rich family and discovers the true meaning of marriage.

Park Si Hoo first movie “Confession of murder”‘ (directed by Jung, Byung Gil, Showbox Mediaplex) will be released on November 8.  He plays the serial killer Lee Du Seok who recorded his murders in an autobiography after the expiry of the statute of limitations.

PonM.jpg

Cr: http:News.nate.com, Parksihoo4u.com

class="entry-title"Hyejeong joins “Cheongdam-dong Alice” Posted on 2012/10/22 8:00 am by H.A.T.

CDDA4act.jpg

2012.10.21   News report 

Hyejeong (real name Shin Hye Jeong) of the girl group AOA is the latest member added to the cast of the new SBS weekend drama “Cheongdam-dong Alice”.

Her management agency FNC announced on October 21 that Hyejeong (19) will play Moon Geun Young’s younger sister Han Se Jung in ”Cheongdam-dong Alice”.  She recently appeared in a cameo in the Jang Dong Gun drama “Gentleman’s Class”.

Hyejeong who will officially begin her film debut in “Cheongdam-dong Alice” said she was very excited and also very happy, and that she would make the greatest efforts.  In addition, she said her character is one who likes to hang out with friends which is similar to her own character.  She has a warm heart and a vivacious character which makes her very attractive.

Credit:  Parksihoo4u.com

class="entry-title"AoA’s Hyejeong cast in ‘Chungdamdong Alice’20121020_aoa_hyejung_1.jpg

Girl group AoA‘s Hyejeong has been confirmed for a role as the younger sister of Moon Geun Young in the upcoming SBS drama, ‘Chungdamdong Alice‘.

On October 21st, FNC Entertainment officials revealed, “Hyejeong will be playing ‘Han Se Jin’, the younger sister to Moon Geun Young in the SBS weekend drama, ‘Chungdamdong Alice’.”

Hyejeong is a vocalist in AoA and stands at a tall height of 170 cm with excellent body proportions to boot. After earning attention for her beautiful looks, she was cast as a cameo in ‘Gentlemen’s Class‘ after her debut.

Although her role in the drama was short, it made enough impact on casting directors to land her another role.

She expressed, “I’m glad and excited to be cast in my second drama. I’ve always had a lot of interest in acting so this is a great opportunity for me to do my best and show my best possible image as an actress.”

She continued, “My character ‘Han Se Jin’ likes hanging out with her friends and is described as having a bright personality. She resembles my real personality a lot in that she might look immature, but has a warm heart under all of her motives.”

The drama is expected to begin airing this December.

20121020_aoa_hyejung_2.jpg

cr: allkpop

Guest rintintintin

Eeerrr! I'm dying now hahaha! I can't wait to see the BTS of this drama... I must check this site everyday hahaha! :) Thanks for the tidbits guys. :D

Guest cutysweety

hi, does anyone know where they will film the drama (which parts in seoul)? i will be in seoul from this friday till next week.. i was hoping maybe i can catch PSH on set! (how i wish!!) :)

@cutysweety: They don't reveal filming locations prior to filming. But once they're spotted filming somewhere, it spreads via twitter and other social network sites. Like how MGY and NGM were spotted filming at the National science museum. So check twitter or this thread for filming location spottings. But I would think they would shoot sometime in Cheongdam-dong since it is in the title. Cheongdam-dong is in Gangnam district in Seoul.

More fan taken pics from the first day of filming:

527360_405384696198995_2059137912_n.jpg
She looks so tired. Her eyes are like half open haha

525143_405384736198991_970649356_n.jpg
12681_405384756198989_2108464928_n.jpg
975_405384779532320_546361080_n.jpg
cr: naver blog, DCBH.net via Soompi Moons

^ The first couple photo of our leads!!! They look surprisingly good together. Even if they didn't walk the red carpet together at BIFF to promote their drama, glad that they at least hung out at the BIFF Party :)

Finally there's a photo of them !!! as expected, they look great together!! <3 getting all giddy again! and they look so close already! lol

great to see they have shared photos both of them!
Honestly Im not a fan of MGY, but when I saw Running Man where she was a guest, I am interested about here hheheheh,the reason why? because she seems having fun on that show,
 she doesnt care but of course I do like PSH! hihihihih 

class="entry-title"“Cheongdam-dong Alice” casting complete Posted on 2012/10/25 2:15 pm by H.A.T.

y1kfog.jpg

Photo from Vogue Nov. issue (at BIFF)

2012.10.25   News report

Casting for “Cheongdam-dong Alice” has been completed.  Here is the line-up for Park Si Hoo’s new drama:

Moon Geun Young (as Han Se Kyung, junior designer)
Park Si Hoo (as Cha Seung Jo, President of Artemis)
So Yi Hyun (as Seo Yoon Joo, Han’s ex-classmate)
Shin So Yul (as Han’s best friend)
Park Kwang Hyun (as Heo Dong Uk, Cha’s best friend)
Kim Yoo Ri (as Han’s rival, a designer)
HyeJeong (as Han Se Jin, Han’s younger sister)

Broadcast to start 2012.12.01, every Saturday & Sunday at 21:50
Press conference will be held in mid-November

201210251237100710_1.jpg

Cr: Parksihoo4u.com

@nabi, I had my doubt on how they would look together too since i always thought MGY looks so younger than her age but now seeing this pic I'm suspicious no more, they look great together....eekk, really can't wait for the drama to start airing \:D/

larger photo of our leads at the BIFF APAN Party in Vogue Nov. 2012

281532_406088589461939_929197218_n.jpg
cr: Vogue.com & DCBH.net via Soompi Moons

The caption says: Acting as a couple in drama Cheongdam-dong Alice, Park Shi Hoo and Moon Geun Young's surprising pose.

Archived