Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Sue, thanks for bringing over the blog. 
Cafe Manolin looks so inviting and cosy. Love the layout and the curves . I would love to visit it one day, in the night and also during the day!
So happy for HyeSun and her sister that people love the place!

:" You dear..In my eyes, you are plenty/sufficient...Even without fragrance, that is OK." This art piece seems to be dedicated to someone she loves very much.
How poetic and beautiful the way she said it...As usual, HyeSun said it in an ambiguous way.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year! Take care. :)

zamzam, thank you for the photos of GHS and her friends.
Given that she has long hair,,I would think it would be from 2007~ 2008 or most likely before that.
I believe she cut her hair after King and I drama ended.
The guy in red "training suit" looks like GHS's friend who once helped her at the GHS Film company. Although I cannot be sure, he came out in Star Interview while GHS was editing Peach Tree. GHS introduced him as her school friend who is her one and only staff for GHS Film. I wonder if he still works with her...
Am I right?

Hello Sunnies! Thank you all for your posts & comments.

@ZamZam :D I hope our thoughts are same. Anyways, for a quick glance you would say whoa! ...then you'll look like this :-? .... Ok not him. :)) (a relative? :) sorry out if topic)

Thanks for clarifying Sue. :)

Hello Sunnies :-h

whoa.. what a priceless New Year 2014 greeting i had :-bd

Remember i told you b4 i send a birthday gift to our princess on her birthday last November 2013. and only just realised it yesterday seeing a naver blog posted by @cheerkoo (thanks sis) that she already received it and OMG i'm speechless   she really display at Manolin

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/p206x206/1385245_205831652932432_811024956_n.jpg

Just great and I still can't believe this Gosh what a priceless new year 2014 greetings to start with haha Why not when seeing my teddy bear doll a gift for MH and HS been displayed at Manolin cafe so pretty the prince and princess teddy bears sitting on the white shelves in Manolin even the yellow sticker bearing the names is still tagged.

The only difference from my pic taken (above) compare to blogger's pics at Manolin (below) is the position of the teddy bear Hyesun interchanged place,  anyway it's ok since the teddy was send in 2 separate individual boxes just wonder if there is any meaning

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6763/u163.png

Thanks @gayu312 for extracting the teddy pics from the blog for confirmation.

For better view please refer to this link >> http://blog.naver.com/mussoyj?Redirect=Log&logNo=30182253585

@sukreen woww sis!!i guess u must be in cloud nine now..so happy for you..i m so glad she treasures gifts from her fans.. :) and those two teddy minsun are supercute :) she must have loved them..
hope to visit manolin someday to eat the tasty food and enjoy the wonderful ambience there..

Wow,,,
Yesterday, only 300 views..today..over 10,000 views of GHS's Pieces of Memory.
Wonderful! Wonderful!!

I believe the song in the movie, made by GHS, tells it all--as well as the narration by Yoo SuengHo.
There are so many ways to view the life of the man with the orange glasses. GHS is so funny...she made sure we see that all the different actors yet wearing the same huge orange glasses represent one same person.

He seems to have become a conductor----GHS seems to have appropriately chosen her main character to be a "conductor"--conductor of one's life, conductor of orchestra, conductor needs to juggle whatever comes his way in his life or job....We all know that GHS loves symbolism and she uses them so well.
It is hard to tell whether he became a successful conductor or not..but that is not the point of the movie...pieces of memory with people and even the dog he loves and care about---everything made life sweet and everlasting.

But, I think she points out the greatest and most important memory of that main character's life...he made a mistake while playing piano and the boy looked scared as to what would befall him. The teacher or mother gave him a sweet cotton candy instead. That made all the difference.

Come to think of it...GHS made so many songs! This song...I believe it titled "Cotton Candy". I love the words to that song. Some of the translation does not catch the poetic style of the lyrics. It is very pretty and sweet song. She told us in MTV interview that she initially wanted the singing band Sweet Sorrow to sing that song for her...but they declined. That simple cotton candy represents so much! Perhaps it made a difference in that scared boy's life and he grew up to become a conductor. Movie director is, in a way, like a conductor too. It is still a guess but I am sure GHS puts a lot of herself in her works.

This is just my view. I think DEAR is my favorite..then, Pieces of Memory, and then Cheerful Caretaker.
I am nor sure if I really understand Magic yet, but I really like Peach Tree. Looking forward to Daughter---I pray it would not be too dark!!

Thanks sis Cheerkoo, I too hope that her movie "Daughter" will be a lot easier to understand. You know; the majority of the audience fall within the average category, the category that want everything submitted to them be easy to understand without the need for them to exert efforts in analysing what is presented to them .

Thanks Sue for your analysis.It is always interesting to read it.

First of all, I think "Pieces of Memories" is a beautiful piece of work! Well-done, pd-nim Koo!
I find it easy to understand..My take on it is a very deep and profound message, that is, when we get older, all we have are sweet memories to sustain us.
A conductor/musician is like how we conduct our life.The way we conduct our lives make a difference. If we make a mistake ( like play a wrong note),someone else come along and offer a kind word, it makes that person's life better and the memories sweeter. We all need encouragement when times are bad.
It is better to go through life with sweet taste...Don't know if I express myself well...hahaha

Sunnies, just enjoy it, the music itself is beautiful...! :)

Sunnies, I had watched the "Pieces of Memories" a few times now. I shed tears every time. Her movies touch your heart...
 Does the Pieces of Memories do that to you too?
.....We should live life to the fullest with no regrets and fill it with sweet memories...

Hi Sunnies!
I love Director Koo's short story. It's heartwarming & heart wrenching at the same time. 8->

The older man is reminiscing his past, full of life & sweet memories when he was younger then. It showed his friends cheering him, his family who loves his music, even his dog (looks like gamja?) & most of all his Mom who is always there for him to comfort him saying it's alright. The sweet cotton candy represents the sweet memories he had. Now that he's older, he wish that he could still hold that blue bird ( free spirit?) & be whole again. I think it represents old age, all you have left are sweet memories. waaaaaaahhhh!!!... :(( I don't want to get old. So this is how some older people feel? I'm sad. :(  There's a message in this story. While you're young make sweet memories with your love ones & friends. For they will be sweet fragments of memories when you get old. :D
This is my dollar sense. LOL! :))

Wooow reading the above comment made me more and more proud of our brilliant Star, to be able with her work to comfort at least one person in stress, this is really considered a great achievement and high success, this is the work that should be rewarded. Unfortunately the audience are only interested in love stories and how deep the kisses are leaving the worthy cases aside this is really sad .