Why do people say they only go for a specific Ethnicity?

__XXIILL

Guest rickertv2

ReplayMVP said:

rickertv2

wrote:

»

I prefer dating Asian ethnicities that are considered "typical" East or Northern Asians (Koreans, Japanese, Mongolians, northern Han, non-aboriginal Taiwanese, etc.) rather than SE Asians. Does that make me a racist? No. I just don't find short, darker-skinned, wide-nosed, thick lipped girls with protruding mouths who speak in "clicks and clacks" attractive. I will treat them humanely and with respect but I will not get involved with them romantically. I prefer Asian girls with lighter skin, taller, and with more refined facial features (just like I would understand if a girl doesn't find a Korean guy attractive and rejects me). 

Guest dot.1430279747

My preference was always caucasians.  I had never really had any asian friends, and the people I was surrounded by were always caucasian, so that probably influenced my preference in boys.  I found myself more physically attracted to them (that is probably the main reason).  But ever since I started going to university, I have been interacting a lot more with my own race, and I guess you can say I am slowly becoming more open to asians as well.  In the end, I don't think we get to choose who we fall for and that's my personal opinion.

Guest aldehydes

I personally find it a little closed minded. People should just like/be attracted to whomever, and if that person happens to be a certain *race then so be it. Chances are that you'll find an attractive/interesting person from another race at least a few times in your lifetime, so why give up the opportunity to get to know them? rickertv2 said:I prefer dating Asian ethnicities that are considered "typical" East or Northern Asians (Koreans, Japanese, Mongolians, northern Han, non-aboriginal Taiwanese, etc.) rather than SE Asians. Does that make me a racist? No. I just don't find short, darker-skinned, wide-nosed, thick lipped girls with protruding mouths who speak in "clicks and clacks" attractive. I will treat them humanely and with respect but I will not get involved with them romantically. I prefer Asian girls with lighter skin, taller, and with more refined facial features (just like I would understand if a girl doesn't find a Korean guy attractive and rejects me). 

Archived