[Drama 2012] May Queen 메이퀸

Guest Eja

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ep 37 happened, it wasnt jaw dropping or thought provoking. Everything that needed to happen to close the show happened and i am waiting for the same experience for ep 38. Sadly there werent any transformers or volcanic eruptions like i predicted.

ck10z I think you post was very insightful and I agree completely. Most writers do take some aspects from their own lives to give their writing/plots depth and believability. And I would venture to say this writer was no different.(I have no proof of that though)Violence against women is at no time acceptable under any circumstances(unless your life is being threatened   Kidding aside, we do need  to raise awareness for our young women to be strong in their conviction that at NO time does a man have the right to hit you.And when your little girls see you getting hit and they grow up believing it is alright for a man to hit a woman. Then sadly, the cycle of violence is created. Now off my soapbox. My problem with this writer is his plot started off wonderfully and then it was like a light switch was turned off and the writing became trite,stereotypical and most of all BORING as hell.  A writer's curse.It dragged on and on with no discernible forward plot movement .The drama became just so boring and a waste of time to watch further. The writer may have  tried the best he could(as an earlier poster stated)but he gets paid to write and if this was the best he could do then the production company or whoever signs his checks should make him rebate at least 30% of his pay. He was awful.

Guest orionofthewolf

Almost the end. I was going to start on 38 after finishing up 37, but that took me 3 hours, so it's now time for me to make dinner for my grandparents. Maybe I'll get to it later, maybe not. If not, maybe tomorrow sometime if my family and I don't do anything for Christmas Eve. I'm happy to have this series end, even if it's not 100% like I would have liked it to be. Oh well.

Here is episode 37's recap: www.asianaddictsanonymous.com/may-queen-episode-37-recap/

Guest Sunflower_tx

I had a really good time with May Queen thread this past 4 months. Thank you guys :)
Even with some ups and downs in the plot, I'm glad May Queen ended with a high note ( at least with K-citizens) with 26.4%. Hope to see the casts reunion at MBC Drama Awards this coming Sunday.

Everyone, Merry Christmas!!

I actually like the ending. It's a decent drama. I don't know why most of you don't agree that the writers killed DH character. There is no other way out for DH. With his character, there is no way that he will spend the rest of his life in jail. He took law into his own hands. He himself  was the law. He made things happen or not. So I think it's justify to let DH kill himself.

My favorite character in this drama is KS. He has all the goodness in this world. Never once he went astray. He's very thoughtful and understanding. I want his brain. HJ was very lucky to end up with KS.

This whole situation can be easily resolved if CH didn't sabotage KS and HJ works. That's why I said from the beginning that CH is a selfish person. He can only see himself. Therefore, CH foiled KS and HJ works because they were in his way to revenge DH. Oh well, otherwise the drama can go up to episode 38. But I'm glad that the writer didn't bring CH back together with HJ. 

I was watching ep 38 and i couldnt stand to watch the entire thing. It was too shiny and happy, the "good guys" won too much and the "bad guy" lost too easily. It was too black and white there wasnt sympathy for the "bad guy" and not enough contempt for failed relationships. There wasnt any depth for all they have been through. It felt too "we are ending the show now, time to quickly tie up loose ends" The reason they had DH be HJs biological father is to make him more responsible for his actions and lesson the grey area between good and bad and right and wrong. BOO for completely happy  endings. I hate them, they are useless clumsily put together things that make the time you devoted to the story and the characters completely worthless. Happy endings should be earned and from my perspective this writer did not earn his.

Its been a lot of fun. Hope to see you guys again. Hopefully next time we will be able to comment less about a writer who torments us greatly with his/her unending useless plot twists.  8->

Guest nazalin

I have concluded this drama and I have to say I like the ending :) HJ with KS, CH with IH, yay. I couldn't be more happier that CH got a happy ending too. This boy deserves a happy life from now on with someone who love him so greatly and IH is the only one for him :)  Finally, CH escape from the dark and live happily in a normal life. I love the scene when KS told him to still work in Cheon Ji and he said that he couldn't breath here in Cheonji and that's not his real dream. He is not greedy after all. He just want to destroy Jang and get out of the darkness. My love for CH is not wasted in the end :D I am so so happy with KS and HJ too, they're gone through enough and deserve to be happy ever after. I love to see the happy pair of Uncle JW and BH too.
Anyway, I am so happy this drama ended with a high note. I think I traveled such a long journey with this drama. I never watched any dramas that longer than 28 episodes, but May queen just broke my record, lol. Although I hate some parts in the drama, but it got me hooked and I was anticipated to watch the ending. 

Thank you everyone here, you guys has been contributed a lot of insightful comments and I am glad I finally signed up and posted along side you guys.
@Bambiina, @Jaewon fan, @awsparkle, @totes, you guys are so incredibly active here. You guys are awesome, you kept this thread very active and energetic. I appreciated funny comments from @Bambiina and @totes. Although, we don't really share the same point of view, I enjoys reading all of your great/thoughtful comments. Hope to see you guys in other thread. Who know, we might be on the same boat and won't be at each other throat next time :D  
Thank you again everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all of you.  

@nazalinThanks, its really great though to have contrasting opinions it keeps the conversation active. I hope to see you too in the future  :)

Archived