What's your tolerance level for spicy food?

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest mellowmellow

my tolerance = very low

the other day, i ate (or "suffered") instant noodles from a thai brand because i wanted to try them. it came with a small sachet of spice i guess, but since i knew i can't tolerate spicy stuffs that much, i didn't use half of the sachet. it turned out to be so spicy for me that i had to drink a whole bottle of water for a small bowl of noodles<_<

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lavendere

I thought I was tough but I wasn't. Pretty low, mellowmellow - I did that as well a week back.

Had to double the amount of water for the soup!!

pretty low. i used to have a high medium tolerance but as i grow older it drop. i guess it runs in the family. my grandfather, dad, and uncle they all have a low tolerance of spicy food. when they're young, they use to eat spicy food all the time.

I love love love spicy food!! But I think my tolerance has went down in the past few years. I stopped eating as much Korean food and have been eating more Japanese food which is a lot less spicy. ^^ My sister's and mom's tolerance is much better than mine, but I still think I have a pretty high tolerance. Just not as good as it used to be~

Guest dahheekeem

pretty well!! but when it gets to the point where its not a flavor but just...PAIN then..i can't taste anything...but the bad thing is that i loooove spicy stuff so i keep wanting to eat more but then the pain in my mouth goes UP UP UPP!!! hahha

but some of my FAAAVE sauces are tabasco<3 i'll eat it with almost anyything!! and sriracha<3 haha

Guest LOVERBABY

The Advantages of Organic Food

You Are What You Eat

Do you really know what goes into your food?  Discover the advantages of organic food on this site and see exactly what producers have beenadding to your fruit and vegetables to make it less healthy than a few years ago.

tractor.jpg

In the rush to produce more and more crops to satisfy growing demand producers have had to resort to using a lethal cocktail of pesticides to control disease and insect attack. 

Good news for their bank balances perhaps but not good news for your health, this is why you need to be informed of the advantages of organic food.

Did you know that if you consumed an average apple you would be eating over 30 pesticides, even after you have washed it? 

The quality of food has definitely gone down since the second world war.  For instance, the levels of vitamin C in today's fruit bear no resemblance to the levels found in wartime fruit.

Organic food is known to contain 50% more nutrients, minerals and vitamins than produce that has been intensively farmed. Read more

about this here.

You will have to eat more fruit nowadays to make up the deficiency, but unfortunately that means eating more chemicals, more detrimental affects on your health eating something that should be good for you!

Also don't forget about the cocktail of anti-biotics and hormones that cattle and poultry are force fed. 

What happens to those chemicals when the animal dies? 

Guest FALLENFROMTHE-CLOUD

Medium tolerance right here. I like chilli and all, but not to the point where it's suicidal. But in winter, obviously my tolerance level is much higher :D

Guest lynatee

mine is insane. i started off eating those extra spicy thai instant noodles by the time i reached JK, and now I literally soak my white rice in hot pepper sauce until its red and mix it with my other food. I actually once ate something sooo spicy i experienced numbness and my face went red but i tasted nothing. ahaha i think my taste buds have been permanently messed up from god knows when. i like to put a 1/3  teaspoon of wasabi iinto my mouth THAN stuff the sushi into my mouth.. but dont get me wrong i DO experience the consequences physically in other ways (burning sensation, red face etc.) 

Guest the_wronged</3

On a scale of 1-10, probably about a 3. Yeah, I can't really eat spicy things :[ I wish I could, though. And the Tuong Ot/hot sauce, I can only put about a dime size. I'm so weakkk!

Archived