Love In Asia (talk Show About Marriage)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest Choi Ji Woo

[KBS] Hosted By: Yang Mi Kyung & Shin Young Il

love_in_asia%20(Custom).JPG

“love in asia” is hosted by ms. yang mi kyung (of “dae jang geum”/”jewel in the palace”) and shin young il… it is about korean-asian couples. you'll truly enjoy this show because it gives us an insight on the lives of other asians married to koreans… truly, it is not an easy thing to be married to a korean… like they say, you don’t only marry your husband but his family (nuclear and extended) as well… plus discrimination towards mixed koreans do exist here in korea…

there are some who are very cynical about interracial marriages… specially now that korea is richer than a lot of asian countries, the philippines included… there are times when it is assumed that asians marry koreans to live comfortably… well, the show has proven that it is not always the case… one time, i saw an episode of a bangladeshi girl whose family owns a garments factory in her home country… and another one of a kyrgyzstani who obviously is well-off in her home country…

in the program, they interview the couple and the kids and show the lives of the family of the non-korean spouse… they also tackle the joys and hardships faced by an interracial family in korea…

the show is broadcast on saturdays at 5:10 in the afternoon on KBS1… VODs are available on their homepage

• 8 months later...
Guest greeny

oh my, i LOVE this show!

Thx Choi Ji Woo for making this thread! (hey, i love DaeJangGeum too! ^^)

it alwayss cute to see those couples from different country...

it's now hosted by 4 MCs, one of them is KimNaWoon..

i remember the latest episode was showing a Korean(wife)+Pakistan(husband) couple..

oMG, it was so touching! Their story is like a typical mellow drama that the wife got cancer! But this one is REAL... :tears:

even the MCs always got speechless along the show.. :tears: :tears:

• 5 months later...
Guest gouka_odoriko

I've just watched an episode about a Filipino teacher who fell in love with his student in the Philippines and now she lives in korea with her husband & a very cute boy!!! Jihwan..I just don't know his surname...

This show is the best and family oriented :)

• 5 months later...
Guest koisuiren

Where do you find the eppys? I wish they would make a drama about this issue with pps from S. Asia would be cool.

• 8 months later...

i find it really amazing how two people of different backgrounds make things work out and live a happy life together

now if only some of us would learn from this example then we don't have to be on each others throat......

its hard but highly attainable.......

• 6 months later...
Guest jelly_pudding

i love this show!

i just started watching it yesterday & i think everyone should watch it..

i cried many times.

<3

Archived