I'm sooo excited Hyuk is doing a new drama, I'm definitely going to watch this no matter who's the female lead but it could effect how excited I will be about the drama.

I'm just confused about the 3D game world thing. I don't get how this is going to be specially when I read the characters description.

wondering and waiting for more news.

Guest o-cha

this might shed some light on the whole game world thing...

cr: DC MBC and DC Jang Hyuk

장혁이랑 여주랑 무슨 산속 이상한 집에갔다가 초코렛이가 그거 이상한 할머니한테 선물받은거 먹었는데 그다음부터 둘이 바껴있어

Joo Won (Jang Hyuk) and the female lead went to a strange house deep on the mountains. They received a gift of chocolate from a strange grandmother. They ate the the chocolate and starting from the day after they changed.

and also some information on the second female lead

The second female lead is an MV director from a chaebol family. Oscar likes her but she likes Joo Won. She uses foul/cowardly ways to get to Joo Won.

Edit: Just read that Lee Min Jung finished her filming for her movie. So I'm gonna add Lee Min Jung to my wish list for Secret Garden. After reading the character description..it sounds like a good fit.

But gosh Lee Bo Young would be great too...head that her appearance in Athena is more of a cameo so she should be able to film other projects.

Ocha - It sounds abit like Hansel and Gretel?? ^_^

Lee Min Jung and Lee Bo Young would be good for me too, they are pretty, young and can act girls with spunk!

The only thing is this drama is a weekend drama. Friday and Saturday? Lots of people will usually be out and won't do much for ratings? I didnt know there are drama on Fri and Sat. Thot its just Mon/Tue, Wed/Thur and Sat/Sun? :unsure:

Guest Jill4675

Ocha - It sounds abit like Hansel and Gretel?? ^_^

I also thought of Hansel and Gretel... :)

I guess I wasn't paying attention...Friday and Saturday??? Now that is odd. Well, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best. It might turn out okay. Chuno began with such a buildup of hopes and promises and then the writer and PD let us down. :( So maybe if I have low expectations, it'll be better than I am expecting, whereas Chuno was the opposite... :angry:

sunglasses2.gif

여주 캐릭은 스턴트맨이고..

나중에 둘이 몸이 바뀜.. 체인지 되는듯..

판타지 로맨틱 코메디물이라네요..

They're talking abt the minds and bodies switch of the male and female leads in Secret Garden. Is it true ? It will be definitely interesting to see how Hyuk acts like a woman, even though this woman is a stuntwoman.

Jill: Can you really resist to watch Hyukie in this interesting character ?

Chuno is great in the first 10 episodes. I just wish there were more scenes btw JH and LDH. The script writer disappointed me big time here.

Guest o-cha

여주 캐릭은 스턴트맨이고..

나중에 둘이 몸이 바뀜.. 체인지 되는듯..

판타지 로맨틱 코메디물이라네요..

They're talking abt the minds and bodies switch of the male and female leads in Secret Garden. Is it true ? It will be definitely interesting to see how Hyuk acts like a woman, even though this woman is a stuntwoman.

Yes hahatk..you're right. The change is actually them changing bodies.

Did i read it right?

Jang Hyuk is going to star in weekend drama???  blink.gif

since Jang Hyuk is certain to join the cast, i thought Secret Garden is aiming for the primetime slot (Mon-Tue, Wed-Thu).

Yes he's gonna star in a weeekend drama but don't worry...weekend drama also draws high ratings...Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance was also an SBS weekend drama. In fact for SBS their Mon-Tue and Wed-Thu dramas ratings have been pretty bad lately while their weekend dramas (both the 9PM and 10PM) are currently #1 in their timeslots (21.9 and 18.8).

Re: female lead...I started thinking....though the script says 28 yrs old but Kim Eun Sook typically likes her female leads to be in the 30s...and she likes actresses who can do comedy and drama. Let's take a look at the list of female actresses from her hit dramas: Kim Jung Eun (Lovers In Paris), Jeon Do Yeon (Lovers in Prague), Kim Jung Eun (Lovers), Song Yoon Ah (On-Air), and Kim Sun Ah (City Hall). Every single one of them are over the age of 30 and can do both comedy and drama well. I mean even for her other updoming drama My Princess, the female lead is Kim Tae Hee (also over 30).

If her pattern holds still..then we should expect an actress over the age of 30....which will narrow down the choices a bit.

Choi Kang Hee (1977)

Chae Jung Ahn (1977)

Kim Ha Neul (1978)

Kim Hyun Joo (1978)

Lee Bo Young (1979)

Chae Rim (1979)

Lim Soo Jung (1980)

Lee Yo Won (1980)

Kim So Yeon (1980)

Gong Hyo Jin (1980)

Han Chae Young (1980)

Han Hye Jin (1981) -- 30 y.o. in Korean age

Jung Ryeo Won (1981)

Park Ye Jin (1981)Choi Jung Won (1981)

Sung Yu Ri (1981)

Han Ye Seul (1981)

Lee Min Jung (1982)...29 y.o in Korean age...maybe she can be an exception? :lol:

There's actually quite a selection of actresses born in the 1982 (Han Ji Min, Han Ye Seul, Lee Ha Na, Kim Ah Joong, Kim Min Hee,Kim Min Jung,etc)

BTW..how was Hyuk's latest Danbi? I haven't had a chance to dl and watch yet...

Guest jen2010

Read from the blog about the latest Danbi

Seems like its going to be funny.

Apparently we'll be seeing a talkative Hyuk this time :lol:

& seeing someone's slippers / sneakers ? flying off

Tat cooking, gosh it reminds so much of those inedible meals (well, kind of) he made in Family outing :P

Too bad I can't understand a word of Korean > <

Guest ripgal

o-cha, I like your list!

Apart from those I've mentioned earlier, I'm good with Kim Ha Neul, Kim Hyun Joo, Im Soo Jung or Park Ye Jin.

<br><br>But it's like a wild guess here since we've heard nothing really concrete or solid about the female casting.. just mah wishes..hehehe..<br><br>ETA: Just checked DC and the Chinese sites..and more wild speculations of the female lead (why am I so happy huh? :P). Im Soo Jung and Kim So Yeon have been added to the list as well..<br><br>Some other speculations that Choi Kang Hee will be female lead and Choi Ji Woo will be 2nd female lead. 2nd male lead speculated to be Yoon Kye Sang, Jo Hyun Jae or Philip Lee?<br><br><br>

Yes hahatk..you're right. The change is actually them changing bodies.

Yes he's gonna star in a weeekend drama but don't worry...weekend drama also draws high ratings...Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance was also an SBS weekend drama. In fact for SBS their Mon-Tue and Wed-Thu dramas ratings have been pretty bad lately while their weekend dramas (both the 9PM and 10PM) are currently #1 in their timeslots (21.9 and 18.8).

Re: female lead...I started thinking....though the script says 28 yrs old but Kim Eun Sook typically likes her female leads to be in the 30s...and she likes actresses who can do comedy and drama. Let's take a look at the list of female actresses from her hit dramas: Kim Jung Eun (Lovers In Paris), Jeon Do Yeon (Lovers in Prague), Kim Jung Eun (Lovers), Song Yoon Ah (On-Air), and Kim Sun Ah (City Hall). Every single one of them are over the age of 30 and can do both comedy and drama well. I mean even for her other updoming drama My Princess, the female lead is Kim Tae Hee (also over 30).

If her pattern holds still..then we should expect an actress over the age of 30....which will narrow down the choices a bit.

Choi Kang Hee (1977)

Chae Jung Ahn (1977)

Kim Ha Neul (1978)

Kim Hyun Joo (1978)

Lee Bo Young (1979)

Chae Rim (1979)

Lim Soo Jung (1980)

Lee Yo Won (1980)

Kim So Yeon (1980)

Gong Hyo Jin (1980)

Han Chae Young (1980)

Han Hye Jin (1981) -- 30 y.o. in Korean age

Jung Ryeo Won (1981)

Park Ye Jin (1981)Choi Jung Won (1981)

Sung Yu Ri (1981)

Han Ye Seul (1981)

Lee Min Jung (1982)...29 y.o in Korean age...maybe she can be an exception? :lol:

There's actually quite a selection of actresses born in the 1982 (Han Ji Min, Han Ye Seul, Lee Ha Na, Kim Ah Joong, Kim Min Hee,Kim Min Jung,etc)

BTW..how was Hyuk's latest Danbi? I haven't had a chance to dl and watch yet...

There is also another actress, Yoon Jung Hee, she is 30 and talented too. Last seen in SBS's week-end drama, Family Honor/Glory of Family.

Guest o-cha

o-cha, I like your list!

Apart from those I've mentioned earlier, I'm good with Kim Ha Neul, Kim Hyun Joo, Im Soo Jung or Park Ye Jin.

<br><br>But it's like a wild guess here since we've heard nothing really concrete or solid about the female casting.. just mah wishes..hehehe..<br><br>ETA: Just checked DC and the Chinese sites..and more wild speculations of the female lead (why am I so happy huh? tongue.gif). Im Soo Jung and Kim So Yeon have been added to the list as well..<br><br>Some other speculations that Choi Kang Hee will be female lead and Choi Ji Woo will be 2nd female lead. 2nd male lead speculated to be Yoon Kye Sang, Jo Hyun Jae or Philip Lee?<br><br><br>

The speculations are rampant indeed :lol:. No way Choi Ji Woo will be second lead though. She's a bigger name than Choi Kang Hee.

Oh I like the specualtion on the second male lead. If it's Yoon Kye Sang we should be able to see Hyuk and YKS's chemistry..Hyuk is close with all the GOD members and I'm sure the times YKS spent with Sidus just helped make them closer.

DC-ers are talking about Jeon Ji Hyun now..expressing their wish to see her back on the small screen..and specifically on Secret Garden. I think she really fits the character Gil Ra Im...nice body, nice face...and she's shown in her movies in the past (Windstruck and My Sassy Girl) that she can be a tough girl.

Besides....I miss seeing them together...lol

aede38016fe231257aec2c2.jpg

Guest o-cha

Just read on DC that Yoon Sang Hyun has been confirmed as the second male lead. No news article about it yet though...

Hmm...Yoon Sang Hyun looks older than Hyuk,doesn't he? I mean Joo Won and Oscar are supposed to be the same age...although the good thing is I can picture YSH and Hyuk being all comical and childish with one another.

I just created the Secret Garden thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=343902

Just read on DC that Yoon Sang Hyun has been confirmed as the second male lead. No news article about it yet though...

Hmm...Yoon Sang Hyun looks older than Hyuk,doesn't he? I mean Joo Won and Oscar are supposed to be the same age...although the good thing is I can picture YSH and Hyuk being all comical and childish with one another.

Omo, YSH is the 2nd lead? I really like him in Queen of Housewives! Ok, now I don't care who they cast as the female leads, I get to watch 2 of my fav male stars!! :D

Ocha - Thats great, I was hoping you will start the thread! :P

Guest Jill4675

yucky.gif Okay, now I am seriously disturbed!!! :blink: Yoon Sang Hyun? Cannot stand him! 31.png I really despised him in that disaster with YEH, not that I can blame either one of them for the stupid plot...but...I find him SOOO unappealing. He overacted badly in that drama and looked really awful. He cannot hold a candle to Hyuk in any category!!! My hopes for this are definitely sinking lower and lower... :( Yeah, it's just my opinion!!! <_< No offense, qwenli! Did not watch QOH.

Anyway...thanks, o-cha, for starting the thread!

sunglasses2.gif

Guest o-cha

I think MFL was a disaster true and true...a waste of everybody's talent...

I haven't watched Queen of Housewives either but I've heard nothing but praises for Yoon Sang Hyun in his role there...so I'm keeping my hopes high that he can do a good job acting along Hyuk.

qwenli: I was actually waiting and waiting to see if anybody was going to open the thread...but since nobody started it..I cave in...lol.

ahhhh we can say goodbye to Kim So Yeon in Secret Garden...she has just been cast for another drama 'Doctor Jump"

OK you gals better join me @ Secret Garden thread...it's lonely there...hahahaha

I think MFL was a disaster true and true...a waste of everybody's talent...

I haven't watched Queen of Housewives either but I've heard nothing but praises for Yoon Sang Hyun in his role there...so I'm keeping my hopes high that he can do a good job acting along Hyuk.

Hi Ocha, MFL is abit of a disaster and it doesnt reflect YSH properly. But he really was quite charming in QOH. He is not lacking in the acting department but is more inclined to be a comedian. If they need a second lead that liven things up abit than he should fit the job.

Dear Jill - No, I am not offended, I can understand why alot of people wont like him because he is older and appeal to mostly housewives. Since secret garden is a weekend show which target mostly families, than YSH is quite a understandable choice.

Guest Jill4675

...I can understand why alot of people wont like him because he is older and appeal to mostly housewives. Since secret garden is a weekend show which target mostly families, than YSH is quite a understandable choice.

:lol: Believe me, his age has nothing to do with it. [The kids with the girly looks and hairdos don't appeal to me at all, which is one reason why I've avoided many of the recent dramas.] I just find him really unattractive. Of course, all I can think about is how terrible he looked and acted in MFL. YEH looked awful, too! They BOTH had AWFUL hair!! The makeup made them look unhealthy. :rolleyes: And his constant mugging and overacting were not pleasant to watch. He wasn't the least bit funny...to me! I gave it a couple of episodes and bailed out PRONTO!

o-cha, don't worry. I looked at the thread and I'll post there soon...when I can think of something nice to say!!! ha ha ha ha... fe6d91a1.gif, you made an amusing choice of photos for the first and second post!!! muahaha.gif

sunglasses2.gif