Hey...here's the first episode of Dae Mang. Jang Hyuk appears from the second epi.

Dae Mang Ep 01

how many episodes does DAE MANG has? wow! Jang Hyuk is gorgeous in the pic posted by wills :wub:

It has 26 episodes. I know it's quite a long series. Yes, JH's lovely and cute in the drama, though not sexy at all~~~ you know this is a pre-military work. His unkempt hair is sometimes annoying, but he is adorable and awesome all the time, esp., because of his particular facial expressions...hehe.... As for his acting, I love how he portrayed his character. I 100% agree his acting skills have improved al lot in Thank You and Robbers, but even then he seemed to have a natural sense of drama and know how to give life to the charactor...... I figured out from your banner that one of your fav actors is Jo Hyun Jae. He played a role of prince in the drama. This must be a must-see to you.

Comparing the pics then and now, JH seemed to have under gone some cosmetic surgery. But NOOOOOOOO..

I think his puppy fat on his face has gone. That's why. :rolleyes:

He just lost weight and became a real man after miliary service. In fact I like both - then and now. :P;)

Kdramafanusa, thank you for posting the news. What a coincidence! the link between JH's real love story and DOTD's love story...

Guest malia

Hey...here's the first episode of Dae Mang. Jang Hyuk appears from the second epi.

Dae Mang Ep 01

It has 26 episodes. I know it's quite a long series. Yes, JH's lovely and cute in the drama, though not sexy at all~~~ you know this is a pre-military work. His unkempt hair is sometimes annoying, but he is adorable and awesome all the time, esp., because of his particular facial expressions...hehe.... As for his acting, I love how he portrayed his character. I 100% agree his acting skills improved al lot in Thank You and Robbers, but even then he seemed to have a natural sense of drama and know how to give life to the charactor...... I figured out from your banner that one of your fav actors is Jo Hyun Jae. He played a role of prince in the drama. This must be a must-see to you.

He just lost weight and became a real man after miliary service. In fact I like both - then and now. :P;)

wils, thank you so much for sharing the ep 01 of daemang. i absolutely love this drama because of jang hyuk and jo hyun jae

being together in the same drama. they are both terrific actors and both perform with their eyes and facial expressions so well.

those two had such great brotherly chemistry in that drama. jang hyuk was awesome in taking jo hyun jae, the prince under

his wings and showing him the ways of the world and life outside of the palace. this drama can't be found anywhere and i

wish they would have put out a version with english subs. i have looked everywhere to purchase a copy as i would like to own

a copy of the drama anyway, because even without english subtitles, the acting by both jang hyuk and jo hyun jae are superb

and the story line is very good. are you by chance planning on sharing more episodes of this drama? i am so happy that

you shared episode 1, if you have no plans to post anymore, would you kindly post episode 2 so i can have a downloaded

episode with jang hyuk in it? thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

yes, i think jang hyuk looks terrific pre military and post military. his looks have changed because of the leaner no fat

body...you can especially see it in his face and that firm stomach. bruce lee's martial art which jang hyuk has embraced

is probably another reason why his body is now so lean. ahhh...what a beautiful manly man he is!! simply awesome! i

love his mouth which always seems to be pouting.

hi o-cha...wow, it is so nice to know that you and wills love daemang just as much as i do. yeah, i too would love to have

all the episodes and like you, i don't care anymore if there's no english subs...the acting is worth viewing it without subs

and because jang hyuk and jo hyun jae are so good together, i was able to get the meaning of the drama anyway. it

is a very heartwarming story isn't it. the story of the orphaned jang hyuk who discovers his mother who gave him

up long ago and the very lonely sad prince...the two come together and discover brotherly love...simply beautiful.

Guest malia

He is becoming more like Bruce Lee these days...like in those shirtless photo shoots how his stance is a little slouch over. If you see his demonstration in the Romance Festival in Japan, he's got that BL "light feet hop" going on. LOL ugg hope you understood that, heh. O-cha I also realized the connection of Jason Scott Lee with Bruce Lee. The biopic was decent but he didn't capture that cockiness-speech that signifies BL for me. Another thing I didn't like biopic is that during his university days, they shot it at UC Berkeley but he actually went to U of Washington (my alma mater, too bad UW turned it down). I'm kind of happy for Jason Scott Lee getting acting jobs, it's so hard for an Asian American to get decent roles that are not stereotypical...though the title of this movie implies otherwise :sweatingbullets:

michsann He doesn't have that chiseled face in PTME and Windstruck and also, his characters were either a jerk or a dork. Oh, you can watch it at crunchyroll: Please Teach me English

I recently watch Volcano High and he doesn't look half bad with blond hair. LOL, yes that butt/shower scene is hilarious. Wasn't SJS always buff? HEH I hope Jo In Sung beefs up after MS, he's looking too "pretty" these days but still cute regardless. I found a link on youtube that has an interview of JH but in the second half JH calls JIS to join them. I never knew they were close friends; after thinking about it I think they both co-starred in Toilet.

Well he's already in his 30's so marriage is right around the corner but I had no idea he was dating someone for 6 years. That's a long time for keeping the the relationship going without having the press know about it. Kudos to the couple and their baby boy. For some reason I thought Tae-Hee was a girl's name? But I don't speak any Korean...

I just watched episode 1 of Robbers. JH seemed to have lost a lot of weight after filming DOTD. His cheeks are kind of hollow in Robbers. I hope he'll eat more... His weight in TY is just right! Way more handsome in TY than Robbers (he looks so tired in this).

hi m0use...yes, like you i hope he eats a little more..a little bit more weight so there's more for us to love, haha! you are absolutely right, he has lost a lot of weight..maybe there's a lot going on in his life right now..i do hope he gains a little bit of weight and remains healthy. he looks different now but good..i loved him also with the fuller face of daemang and successful story of a bright girl. but i think the military changes a lot of these entertainers who go in to do their mandatory service and almost all of them return to regular life more matured, more focused and they somehow grow superbly in their talent. he has firmed up so much since the military and being into bruce lee's martial arts, yes??!! he surely has lost all of his baby fat, i don't think there's an ounce of fat on his body or face now! yeah, his is now married and a father..all of us were very surprised and sad but happy at the same time. his explanation to all of us was so beautiful...he asked all of us to understand the heart of the man and to be happy for him...aww, how can we not be...because before being an actor, he is first an ordinary man who deserves a happy family life.

Guest malia

hi imogene...yes, absolutely, i agree...jang hyuk is an amazing actor...i totally think he is very underated actor and more should recognize his talent. i think the growth that has occurred in his talent enables him to practically become his character and that is so good for all of us because he truly draws all of us into his character. jang hyuk i believe becomes so totally immersed in his character, connecting with all of us through all the emotions that comes in his effort to portray a real life character. so, yes, i think your wondering is correct..jang hyuk seems to be a method actor...and what ever type of actor he is, like you said, he is amazing...gosh he has truly opened my eyes to what a REAL actor is!! btw, i thoroughly enjoyed reading everything you posted on thank you and robbers. you, o-cha and so many others helped me to have a lot of "ahha" moments in regards to his dramas and the portrayal of his characters. thank you very much. :)

kdramafanusa, thank you so much for posting that interview that jang hyuk gave. reading interviews always makes me

feel a lot closer to him, especially since he is such a private person. i was hoping to someday see a photo of his son

but if he would not discuss his family with the interviewer, the possibility of seeing a photo of their beautiful baby is

zero huh? i guess the fact that he chose to make his wedding ceremony in june a public affair is a big thing for him

as he could have made it a private affair. maybe it was his way of thanking his fans for understanding the heart of

the man jung yong joon and his needs and desires instead of just the heart of the professional actor jang hyuk.

hopefully, with the wedding ceremony being public we at least may get to see a photo of him if not of him and his

wife. thank you again for sharing a great article. :)

Guest Jill4675

Hey,

I am new to this thread..hehe...Some of you I saw in the Robbers thread. I've been a big fan of Jang Hyuk since I watched Dae Mang (great ambition, SBS 2002-3). I happened to find some captures from the drama, so would like to share with you~~

This is the first time i post pics....hopefully it works.

The character Jae Young JH performed in Daemang was my first love as you may know from my Avatar. ;)

BTW, i was a bit surprised that the JH thread doesn't have many posts. Is it because he's not that popular or his fans are just too shy to show up?

Awwww, Wils, JH looks so CUTE in those pics! :wub:

kdramafanusa, I loved reading the interview...what a lovely couple they must be...I really hope we will see pics if they have their formal ceremony in June!

I hope there are more JH fans than just those looking at or posting here...I can tell you that he is QUITE popular in Japan!

B)

Guest o-cha

wils : woohoooo!!! Dang it why am I still at work..I want to d/l Daemang..hahaha. Thanks so much.

kdramafanusa : thank you for posting that beautiful article. I always enjoy JH's interviews...he always gives a lot of thoughts to his answers. Most of his answers have deep meaning and feel very personal.

malia : yeaah how can we feel sad know that he has found happiness with his wife. I'm happy for him. I actually have never seen Daemang...that's why when wils volunteered to upload it I was jumping up and down with joy...hehehe.

imogene_af : he can be any kind of actor as long as he keeps acting..:lol: But on a more serious note...he is really a great actor though. He is definitely someone who studies his craft and wants to continue to evolve.

m0use : I know what you mean about Asian-American not getting good roles...sighhh...that would be a struggle for years to come breaking that stereotype barrier.

Now about Hyuk's son's name...Tae Hee can be both male and female (I think~). The name is derived from Tae/Dae meaning Big and Hee Mang meaning Hope/Expectation. So Tae Hee in the case of Hyuk's son means 'Big Hope/Expectation'.

Actually when I think about it his son's name is so similar to Dae Mang in meaning...hahaha.. Dae Mang means Big Ambition..his son's name means Big Hope...close enough,eh? :lol:

Guest minshoo

Dae Mang Ep 01

It has 26 episodes. I know it's quite a long series. Yes, JH's lovely and cute in the drama, though not sexy at all~~~ you know this is a pre-military work. His unkempt hair is sometimes annoying, but he is adorable and awesome all the time, esp., because of his particular facial expressions...hehe.... As for his acting, I love how he portrayed his character. I 100% agree his acting skills have improved al lot in Thank You and Robbers, but even then he seemed to have a natural sense of drama and know how to give life to the charactor...... I figured out from your banner that one of your fav actors is Jo Hyun Jae. He played a role of prince in the drama. This must be a must-see to you.

i saw a trailer of this drama for some times but cant seem to download it anywhere. can you tell me where u got the link?

i heard that this drama was really good. and thanx for the link :D

yes she did. Their baby was born Feb 8.

wils : Thanks for sharing the pics. Okay..you gotta tell me where you saw Dae Mang. I've been looking for this drama for ages. At this time I don't even care if it's subbed or not..I just want to watch it. :)

I think he's not that popular in Soompi (only in Soompi--I think he's pretty popular in Korea outside of soompi) because he just returned form military service last year. When Soompi reopened its forum in 2005 Hyuk was already doing military service.

Another reason might be bacause his come back drama Thank You has only recently been released in Japan. I think Taiwan and other Asian countries haven't officially released Thank You yet. My hope is once Thank You is officially released he'll get more fans.

Yea, you are so right... once Taiwan and Japan run his drama "Thank You" more people will fall in love with him and his character that he will be famouse all over the world...

i read it in the Drama/Movie news thread that Taiwan already bought the copyright to the drama "Thank You" but has not air it yet because people are still crazy about "coffee prince"....

They should air "Thank You" right away... that is such a good drama.

this drama can't be found anywhere and i wish they would have put out a version with english subs. i have looked everywhere to purchase a copy as i would like to own a copy of the drama anyway, because even without english subtitles, the acting by both jang hyuk and jo hyun jae are superb and the story line is very good. are you by chance planning on sharing more episodes of this drama?

yes, i think jang hyuk looks terrific pre military and post military. his looks have changed because of the leaner no fat

body...you can especially see it in his face and that firm stomach. bruce lee's martial art which jang hyuk has embraced

is probably another reason why his body is now so lean. ahhh...what a beautiful manly man he is!! simply awesome! i

love his mouth which always seems to be pouting.

Malia, you are absolutely right. JH and JHJ shone together in that drama. I am planning to upload all the episodes. I tried to upload Ep 2 today, but for some reason errors kept happening. maybe it's damm Comcast. I may post the link to Ep 2 tomorrow. Please be sure that the big file sharing service I'm using has limits in the number of downloading and period: 100 times and 2 weeks.

Dae Mang is an awesome drama, way way better than Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi that the same writer had written. Sorry to the fans of TWSSG. DM is well written and all the characters have their voices in the story, which I take as one of the elements making a good drama. Of course, there are convincing performances by excellent actors including our JH.

DM is a bit underated drama. There were some complexities in the context where the drama was aired, such as the presidenial election in 2002. The last two episodes were compared to the other ones a little bit disappointing. It is not because the story went wrong, but because the story had been rushed to the ending before it gives room for emotional development for upcoming events. Other than that, I am totally satisfied with the drama.

Hehe...I also like his pouting mouth.. ;)

Awwww, Wils, JH looks so CUTE in those pics! :wub:

I hope there are more JH fans than just those looking at or posting here...I can tell you that he is QUITE popular in Japan!

B)

Yayaya...I knew you guys like the pics since he is that gorgeous there! :P

I believe there are more JH fans out there. It is kinda interesting to see how JH fans are similar to JH in many ways. JH is a shy and private person, but if he finds something interesting to talk about, he turns to a talkative man.

wils : woohoooo!!! Dang it why am I still at work..I want to d/l Daemang..hahaha. Thanks so much.

Be sure you do download it before it exceeds the limit of downloading number and period.

i saw a trailer of this drama for some times but cant seem to download it anywhere. can you tell me where u got the link?

i heard that this drama was really good. and thanx for the link :D

The link was what I created. I am planning to upload all the episodes, but it may take time. You may be able to get the files from a clubbox. If you want, i can look for it for you.

Yea, you are so right... once Taiwan and Japan run his drama "Thank You" more people will fall in love with him and his character that he will be famouse all over the world...

i read it in the Drama/Movie news thread that Taiwan already bought the copyright to the drama "Thank You" but has not air it yet because people are still crazy about "coffee prince"....

They should air "Thank You" right away... that is such a good drama.

I can't agree with you more. They shoud air "Thank You" right away!

Guest m0use

hi m0use...yes, like you i hope he eats a little more..a little bit more weight so there's more for us to love, haha! you are absolutely right, he has lost a lot of weight..maybe there's a lot going on in his life right now..i do hope he gains a little bit of weight and remains healthy. he looks different now but good..i loved him also with the fuller face of daemang and successful story of a bright girl. but i think the military changes a lot of these entertainers who go in to do their mandatory service and almost all of them return to regular life more matured, more focused and they somehow grow superbly in their talent. he has firmed up so much since the military and being into bruce lee's martial arts, yes??!! he surely has lost all of his baby fat, i don't think there's an ounce of fat on his body or face now! yeah, his is now married and a father..all of us were very surprised and sad but happy at the same time. his explanation to all of us was so beautiful...he asked all of us to understand the heart of the man and to be happy for him...aww, how can we not be...because before being an actor, he is first an ordinary man who deserves a happy family life.

Malia: heh, I love how you refer to his fuller self pre-military days as 'baby fat' even though he left for MS in his late 20's, :D I agree, hope he has a happy family life in the future.

m0use : I know what you mean about Asian-American not getting good roles...sighhh...that would be a struggle for years to come breaking that stereotype barrier.

Now about Hyuk's son's name...Tae Hee can be both male and female (I think~). The name is derived from Tae/Dae meaning Big and Hee Mang meaning Hope/Expectation. So Tae Hee in the case of Hyuk's son means 'Big Hope/Expectation'.

Actually when I think about it his son's name is so similar to Dae Mang in meaning...hahaha.. Dae Mang means Big Ambition..his son's name means Big Hope...close enough,eh? :lol:

It's pretty sad for Asian American actors to not get decent roles in the U.S. but hopefully AA directors and writers will change the stereotypes by producing/creating roles that represent them.

O-cha: Ah, thank you so much for explaining the name. I understand it now! All this talk about Dae Mang, I think I need to get myself a copy.

Is Jo Hyun Jae the main actor in Love Letter with Ji Jin Hee, he played the priest who was in love with his childhood friend? If so, that guy is cute! Heh

Guest malia

Malia, you are absolutely right. JH and JHJ shone together in that drama. I am planning to upload all the episodes. I tried to upload Ep 2 today, but for some reason errors kept happening. maybe it's damm Comcast. I may post the link to Ep 2 tomorrow. Please be sure that the big file sharing service I'm using has limits in the number of downloading and period: 100 times and 2 weeks.

Dae Mang is an awesome drama, way way better than Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi that the same writer had written. Sorry to the fans of TWSSG. DM is well written and all the characters have their voices in the story, which I take as one of the elements making a good drama. Of course, there are convincing performances by excellent actors including our JH.

DM is a bit underated drama. There were some complexities in the context where the drama was aired, such as the presidenial election in 2002. The last two episodes were compared to the other ones a little bit disappointing. It is not because the story went wrong, but because the story had been rushed to the ending before it gives room for emotional development for upcoming events. Other than that, I am totally satisfied with the drama.

Hehe...I also like his pouting mouth.. ;)

Yayaya...I knew you guys like the pics since he is that gorgeous there! :P

I believe there are more JH fans out there. It is kinda interesting to see how JH fans are similar to JH in many ways. JH is a shy and private person, but if he finds something interesting to talk about, he turns to a talkative man.

Be sure you do download it before it exceeds the limit of downloading number and period.

The link was what I created. I am planning to upload all the episodes, but it may take time. You may be able to get the files from a clubbox. If you want, i can look for it for you.

I can't agree with you more. They shoud air "Thank You" right away!

wils... thank you for taking the time to upload all the dae mang episodes...kissu, kissu, kissu...all for you!!..oh wait, gotta save one kiss for jh and his pouty mouth!! i agree with you that Dae Mang is an awesome drama. this drama was my actual first encounter with Jang Hyuk. i had seen jo hyun jae in love letter prior and when i saw various clips of those two together...i was hooked...their CHEMISTRY was so beautiful..so touching and heartwarming. I enjoyed Jo Hyun Jae so much in Love Letter and I think this is what had me viewing Dae Mang. As I viewed it, I kept looking at Jang Hyuk and his character that he took on and I thought, who is that awesome actor with the gorgeous face. He touched my heart so much and I fell for him hard because of the way he and Jo Hyun Jae shared friendship and brotherly love with each other. The storyline and message in Dae Mang are awesome. I will visit daily to download whatever episode you are able to upload on this thread. it will be on this thread, yes? also, i totally have to agree with you that most of us who love Jang Hyuk are like him, quiet, shy but noisy when we have something to say about what's near and dear to our hearts and that we are very passionate about. i am a classic example of that because i have been lurking in the background for so long.. reading hungrily everything posted on the Thank You, Jang Hyuk and Robber thread...until o-cha opened up my heart with her words of praise for the actor that Jang Hyuk is and his amazing talent. THANK YOU, O-CHA, komapsumnida!!!!!!!

o-cha... yes, thank you for the wonderful explanation of the name...it is a wonderful name and i know we all hope the meaning to come true for little master Jung. seeing how jh has interacted with bom and soondae..we all gotta know that good fathering will be a natural thing for him. he must have had a good family life growing up with his parents and brother.

you will totally enjoy Dae Mang and our beautiful and great Jang Hyuk!!

m0use... heehee...yeah, baby fat cause he is our baby..haha! :) he gotta put on some baby fat so we can have more

to love and hold if by some miracle some of us will someday meet him in person. sigh~~i am oceans away so i don't think it will be me~~sigh, waawaa.

Guest o-cha

malia : and to think all this time you never posted! you should have posted here ages ago... your post definitely helps brighten up the JH thread...hehehe. Actually I'm that way too I don't talk much unless it is about something or someone I'm passionate about.

~lin~ : yes...Taiwan TV should broadcast Thank You. It is so different from Coffee Prince anyway so I don't see the reason behind the delay.

I wonder if maybe 18 years later we'll get to see Jung Tae Hee as an upcoming actor..hehehe.

random caps from Vocano High

Look who de whave here...Mr Pouty Mouth....lol

e75ff189999c52bf0e24440f.jpg

ce6e9417ae08e40d4b90a74d.jpg

2136cc2357bbcd5e9822ed8f.jpg

Guest o-cha

Found another pic of Hyuk in the cover of a Japanese magazine. This is very recent...

200803261827059790.jpg

Jill4675...you should ask your friend in Japan to look for this magazine.

Hey,

Here is Ep 02 of Dae Mang:

part 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z4px7e

part 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/viwizm

part 3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h8cxel

I noticed a lot of folks in Soompi are using sendspace for uploading. So I tried it. Wow, it's amazingly fast!!

I heard you can put these broken pieces together by using software.

Our Jang Hyuk appears in the second half of Ep2. Plus you will have a chance to see little Jang Geun Seok as the role of Siyoung (Han Jae Seok). hehe... ;)

Guest o-cha

wow wils...you are on fire!! thank you so much. I haven't been able to watch it yet...something about missing CODEC on my Vista media player...but that of course wouldn't stop me from downloading..hahaha.

Hyuk has definitely mellowed out over the years. He used to have such intense and intimidating eyes..now his eyes are more tender.

Guest malia

malia : and to think all this time you never posted! you should have posted here ages ago... your post definitely helps brighten up the JH thread...hehehe. Actually I'm that way too I don't talk much unless it is about something or someone I'm passionate about.

~lin~ : yes...Taiwan TV should broadcast Thank You. It is so different from Coffee Prince anyway so I don't see the reason behind the delay.

I wonder if maybe 18 years later we'll get to see Jung Tae Hee as an upcoming actor..hehehe.

random caps from Vocano High

Look who de whave here...Mr Pouty Mouth....lol

e75ff189999c52bf0e24440f.jpg

ce6e9417ae08e40d4b90a74d.jpg

2136cc2357bbcd5e9822ed8f.jpg

o-cha..you are too kind...it's all the great stuff you share that brings this thread to "life"!!! but, thank you very much...it's easy when the topic is JANG HYUK!! yeah, yeah...mr. pouty, smirky mouth himself...love it. no one can pout and smirk like he does...his mouth and lips were made perfectly for those looks...WOW! you know i think i fell head over heels even more when i watched him and the emotions that came over his face as he watched jang nara's character being unveiled to the public on stage after they transformed her from a simple country bumpkin to a beautiful representative of snowy cosmetics. i thought "wow, this guy doesn't have to say a single word, it's all being said by his face, his eyes and i feel all that he is feeling as he is staring at her". i think that scene was awesome..that scene in successful story of a bright girl sealed my support for Mr. Pouty.. o-cha, thank you for posting those volcano high photos and the magazine..yeah, he sure does look at peace and happy on that magazine cover!. marriage and fatherhood must be agreeing with him! :) here's to us being able to watch on film a Jang Hyuk look alike 18 years from now or maybe very shortly as a child star...presenting, Jung Tae Hee!!! wouldn't that be awesome!

wils...thank you so much for the latest daemang episodes that you posted. yes, you are on fire, you're awesome and i am ever grateful!! keep up the good work....it's doing all of us good and you've made me so happy..thank you so much :)

Guest sportstune

Wow, thank you so much. We just love Jang Hyuk, he is so talented, and seems like a nice person! Do you know if there might be any English subtitles available by any chance? Thanks again!!