Found that portion where they took turns to talk about what they are going to do this year starting with Kang Hoon , then Kyung in who mentioned his new movie. And then Hyuk.

So it looks like he's really planning something.. 

It doesn't sound like family. He mentioned action actor turned househusband.. 

But...isn't that his life story??:joy: Is that why he joined the househusband show? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Found that portion where they took turns to talk about what they are going to do this year starting with Kang Hoon , then Kyung in who mentioned his new movie. And then Hyuk.

So it looks like he's really planning something.. 

It doesn't sound like family. He mentioned action actor turned househusband.. 

But...isn't that his life story??:joy: Is that why he joined the househusband show? 

It is his life story, and it really dissappoints me that this is what he is thinking about. Why would anyone care to watch a show about a married  action actor doing house work? I mean, no offence, but JH himself says that he is boring, so why does he think that a show about this subject will be interesting?! How many people tuned in to watch the variety show he did?! Again, I don't mean to offend, but this is the truth. Also, I'm dissappointed again and again that JH never thinks sexy. A househusband means married. Usually that doesn't mean sexy... Even in Family- it felt like they were mocking people that loved the sexy scenes in FTLY! Why do that when there is a related idea that is much better?!  "The Way of the Househusband" is the obvious better idea! An ex-yakuza guy becoming a house husband is ready made IP that is successful as it's such a contrast! Or, again, do a version of the movie "Author! Author!" that I mentioned- have the wife leave the male character which forces him to take care of the children and home, and combine it with him meeting a new love. I really hope that someone will say something to him-  Think sexy!!! Or again- Spy family! Another ready made better idea!

But, one thing is very important here- all the projects JH mentioned are his initiative. Looks like he's not even thinking about outside offers... If only I had an assurance that JH will make sure whatever he produces will be sexy and well written, than I'd be extatic about this news!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It is his life story, and it really dissappoints me that this is what he is thinking about. Why would anyone care to watch a show about a married  action actor doing house work? I mean, no offence, but JH himself says that he is boring, so why does he think that a show about this subject will be interesting?! How many people tuned in to watch the variety show he did?! Again, I don't mean to offend, but this is the truth. Also, I'm dissappointed again and again that JH never thinks sexy. A househusband means married. Usually that doesn't mean sexy... Even in Family- it felt like they were mocking people that loved the sexy scenes in FTLY! Why do that when there is a related idea that is much better?!  "The Way of the Househusband" is the obvious better idea! An ex-yakuza guy becoming a house husband is ready made IP that is successful as it's such a contrast! Or, again, do a version of the movie "Author! Author!" that I mentioned- have the wife leave the male character which forces him to take care of the children and home, and combine it with him meeting a new love. I really hope that someone will say something to him-  Think sexy!!! Or again- Spy family! Another ready made better idea!

But, one thing is very important here- all the projects JH mentioned are his initiative. Looks like he's not even thinking about outside offers... If only I had an assurance that JH will make sure whatever he produces will be sexy and well written, than I'd be extatic about this news!

Let pray that he gets a good script for this idea or wish it was a bad google translation. 

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson I somewhat feel vindicated. This is what I've been saying for ages now about not liking his taste. Even though it probably made me come across as a hater.

He's a very old fashion guy and dare I say sentimental (mostly corny). He's great with characters but his usual discernment does not extend to stories. This new concept for a show sounds so uninteresting to me and as you said feels like a rehash of Family, which sucked.

Hence I wasn't really bowled over with the idea of him pitching new stories. I guess my opinion is forever tainted by The Killer, which I know most of you liked but I have a visceral dislike of. I'm really not interested in another pointless, hollow plot that tries to pass off as cool action. 

Whatever happened to that diver story he had the script for? I hope and pray someone offers him some thing else and hopefully it's not as bad as Family. 

In the meantime, I'll keep watching The Mentalist (I think JH would make a great Patrick Jane) and I'm going to start The Killer Paradox today. The concept sounds a little like Dexter and I generally enjoy crime shows. 

OT: Has anyone seen The Holdovers? It was fantastic - the dialogue and performances were pitched perfectly. It has elements of a story I'm currently working on about a family and the father is a cynical teacher. I hope to develop it and pitch it to Mark Shaw whose company distributed The Killer in North America. If you haven't guessed already, I'm writing it with JH in mind

• Like 2

Eep just read Grace's story that he might be making a professional boxing debut. I like sparring etc. But the risk of injury in boxing and other contact sports is too high for me to feel comfortable about this

Why this? Why now? I'm sorry but got to ask, is he going through a midlife crisis or something?

I think it might be related to this event. I may have been a tad dramatic in the beginning 😅

https://www.mk.co.kr/en/sports/10935681#:~:text=The undercard game will also,Seoul in December last year.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, YouwinJH said:

Eep just read Grace's story that he might be making a professional boxing debut. I like sparring etc. But the risk of injury in boxing and other contact sports is too high for me to feel comfortable about this

Why this? Why now? I'm sorry but got to ask, is he going through a midlife crisis or something?

I think it might be related to this event. I may have been a tad dramatic in the beginning 😅

https://www.mk.co.kr/en/sports/10935681#:~:text=The undercard game will also,Seoul in December last year.

Just finished watching the dragon club clip with chinese subs..

And he's really going to film that drama with the action actor turned househusband idea and he said it will be out in April (not sure if he meant the start of filming or broadcast)

After that, he will be doing variety, then he also mentioned the professional boxing debut on 1st  March. And an overseas interview in America which will be pre-recorded.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Just finished watching the dragon club clip with chinese subs..

And he's really going to film that drama with the action actor turned househusband idea and he said it will be released in April.

After that, he will be doing variety, then he also mentioned the professional boxing debut on 1st  March. And an overseas interview in America which will be pre-recorded.

Does it mean April this year or next? And is it a film or TV show?

Does it not have the same vibe as The Killer? i.e. a contract killer who is a house husband and now a former action actor turned house husband plus Family where he was a husband with a double life. He probably needs to get out of the action genre and husband mindset, which seems to be versions of himself 🤣

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, YouwinJH said:

Does it mean April this year or next? And is it a film or TV show?

Does it not have the same vibe as The Killer? i.e. a contract killer who is a house husband and now a former action actor turned house husband plus Family where he was a husband with a double life. He probably needs to get out of the action genre and husband mindset, which seems to be versions of himself 🤣

I assumed he was talking about this year since KJK asked them to share updates of what they are doing this year. Maybe to plan their next trip together.

3 minutes ago, YouwinJH said:

This is hilarious.. Will there be a historical version as well?

• LOL 2

33 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

This is hilarious.. Will there be a historical version as well?

God no! Please don't give him any ideas. I imagine it would be like Lee Hanae's current historical show where she is playing a widower slash vigilante fighting crime 😅

I haven't seen it but I think it is the show's concept

36 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I assumed he was talking about this year since KJK asked them to share updates of what they are doing this year. Maybe to plan their next trip together

Ah I see but it feels like only yesterday that he floated the idea unless he's had it ages and only mentioned it recently

The timeline seems rather short and for that reason I'm worried about the screenplay / story quality. Even if they start filming in April, it seems too sudden to me. Except what you're saying is it will be released in April? That's really fast

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, YouwinJH said:

God no! Please don't give him any ideas. I imagine it would be like Lee Hanae's current historical show where she is playing a widower slash vigilante fighting crime 😅

I haven't seen it but I think it is the show's concept

Ah I see but it feels like only yesterday that he floated the idea unless he's had it ages and only mentioned it recently

The timeline seems rather short and for that reason I'm worried about the screenplay / story quality. Even if they start filming in April, it seems too sudden to me. Except what you're saying is it will be released in April? That's really fast

Unless he has been filming it for a while? But I find it strange that it wasn't in the news at all..:anguished:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Unless he has been filming it for a while? But I find it strange that it wasn't in the news at all..:anguished:

I think it's more likely that things are lost in translation

I know he doesn't have an agency at all but he's been good at self marketing lately so it should have been announced

My theory is that the project is still in development and the translation is wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's the link to the Won boxing gym blog about JH's professional boxing test on 1st March. His dragon club friends will also be there to cheer for him .

https://m.blog.naver.com/baeksw100/223348761267

Just as JH's humor is unpredictable, so are his plans... I think as someone who has been practicing in boxing for a long time, he probably has the urge to test himself in a real boxing fight. This reminds me of that little dig that another Korean entertainer, that actually boxes, threw at him; Saying that you can't compare someone who just spars to someone who actually has boxing matches... Maybe that dig hit home?! It was in this interview, if I'm not mistaken- 

This actually isn't this surprising, as appearantly, there have been many celebs who box. I mean, only recently I found out that various Youtubers, that also have been training in boxing for years, in the last few years have been actually participating in boxing matches. Also, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg also box and do martial arts... If anything, I'm a bit surprised by JH doing anything that is trendy :)  Now- the only thing he needs to make sure is- not lose!

Looks like another actor will also box- do ji han?- 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Biology Lesson that's interesting to know. I suppose it's like when US / UK celebs do friendly games in basketball, golf, etc. usually to raise money for charity

And you're right I remember that other guy commenting about sparring versus actual boxing, and JH is competitive by nature

Lol about him becoming more trendy. I'm surprised it took this long. With two teenaged sons, I was expecting to see more of their influence on him sooner at least on the tech side

• LOL 2

The translation for this is a bit unclear, but this seems to suggest that KH and maybe KJK will also be in Japan in April... Does this means that JH got his way, and the entire group is going to Japan next? 

The translation:  "Kanghoon's dream of going to Sungbae's concert will come true - I'll be coming to Japan in April - I posted on my Ameblo blog. “The delivery was completed in Mongolia”"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1