Guest Kdrama-lover

@yoeda‌ , thanks for sharing with us all the goodies! I am so happy Sohu celebrated their success in Korea , so that all cast and production staff can attend. Awesome event! :-bd

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Web Drama Announces Cast Including Kim Woo Bin, Jang Hyuk, 4Minute’s Jihyun, and Moretimmydee September 16, 20140

The makers of a forthcoming Internet-based drama called “Love Cell” (working title) have revealed a glittering cast of stars including Kim Woo BinJang Hyuk,4Minute member JihyunPark Sun HoKim Yoo Jung, and Baek Sung Hyun.

The drama series is based on a popular webtoon (web-based cartoon) series by the same name, which ran for two years beginning in 2010. The series is slated to begin airing via Naver’s TV Cast service on October 13.

A representative for the series explained that viewers could expect much from the new drama, saying, “’Love Cell’ deals with issues that have not been shown on television dramas in the past. We have a cast and storyline that is of the quality of [the movie] ‘The Avengers.’ This will be a new watershed for web-based dramas. Fans will have a lot to look forward to.”

cr: Soompi

Guest Kdrama-lover

@lovehuche‌ and @minoz-joyax‌ .. Thanks for that great news and English translation.

@yoeda‌ , thanks for sharing that MV info.. Lucky Japanese fans! They'll have a very great Christmas season!

<:-P

Hyukie got mention in actress KSA facebook. Gumi translate the message in stuckonhyuk
class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jang Hyuk on Kim Sun Ah’s facebook updatePosted on September 17, 2014 by Gumi | 2 Comments      1 Vote

BxvtcgaCIAAMoQW

“Hyukie who worked so hard for Gunnie!

It was a random coincidence to walk into you, but it was so nice seeing you! Long time no see! Still so handsome, kyah~

Always someone to thank, someone to learn a lot from, someone who puts endless efforts!

Hope to see each other for a long long time~ just as we’ve been doing until now!

Whenever, wherever!! I will always support you^^”

Aw, so cute. For those of you who didn’t know this yet, Jang Hyuk and Kim Sun Ah have been friends forever. They were in same company as rookie actors, have known each other since before debut.

KSA has mentioned JH on her SNS before too…

She mentioned that she was having a hard time after her drama, feeling empty. And her old friend gave her a call and it helped her a lot. People were asking who it was and this was her answer.

“The one  who walked together with me since debut until now…an actor I respect! The only one who hasn’t changed a bit since rookie time. His eyes, his behavior, his heart…The only actor who didn’t change a bit and is running and running until now!

Oops I kind of already answered the question…So here’s the answer. The answer is..I’m sure you might have guessed, but it is actor Jang Hyuk!”

cr: http://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/09/17/jang-hyuk-on-kim-sun-ahs-facebook-update/

Guest Kdrama-lover

Uri JANG HYUK ssi manhi manhi saranghae! He is such a loyal and caring friend! I've only heard of K-actors with great friendships with fellow actors but hasn't known one who extends friendship s with actresses as well!, and even after marriage!

Just goes to show the level of love and trust his wife has for him! Makes me look up to him more! What a keeper!

Lucky Mrs. Jang !, if I were in her shoes, I can't and won't ask for more! :-bd :x >:D< :-* ;):)>- 8->

Web drama Love Cells scores Jang Hyuk, Kim Woo-bin and more starsby javabeans | September 17, 2014 | 24 Comments

lovecell1.jpg

Jang Hyuk and Kim Woo-bin, with Kim Yoo-jung to boot? That’s a pretty solid lineup for a web drama, but maybe that just means we’ll have to keep Love Cells on our radars.

Love Cells is based off a popular webtoon that ran from 2010 through 2012 on the portal site Naver, and is the “love story of turning the impossible possible” between an unemployed guy and a top star. I’m not familiar with the series, but it’s a fantasy romantic comedy that plays with the idea that you have certain “love cells” that affect your romantic success; the unemployed dude at the center of the story is named Dae-choong (which literally means sorta—as in, “Yeah, that’s sorta fine, whatever”) and his love cells are all dried up, hence his inability to date.

Dae-choong will be played by 21-year-old actor Park Sun-ho (Gold Rainbow), and he meets a cat (yes, a literal cat) named Nebi, to be played by Kim Yoo-jung, with the powers to revive dying love cells. (Yes I know, she’s a cat, I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. As far as I can tell there’s no mention of animation.) They decide to put him through a one-month-long prep course on how to turn him into a hottie with game, in order to win over the top star.

That top star will be played by 4Minute idol Nam Ji-hyun. Unfortunately for Dae-choong, he’s got competition in the form of a hot idol star played by Baek Sung-hyun (Big, White Christmas), who also loves her.

As for our biggest names: Jang Hyuk will take on the role of Dae-choong’s neighborhood hyung who lives in the attic room next door. He trains in the martial art of Jeet Kune Do and faces every situation with a silent, charismatic stare, which I can absolutely see Jang Hyuk doing with comic aplomb. Kim Woo-bin will take on the role of a “god of love”—and while that could be a euphemism for a guy who’s smooth with the ladies, it sounds like he’sactually a cold-hearted god with the powers to decide whether your love cells live or die. Don’t get on his bad side.

I was wondering how it was that this drama could score these stars and then not give them the star roles, but it made more sense once I saw that it’s a project headed by SidusHQ, the mega-agency that represents all of them. I’m still not sure what to make of this project and have NO idea what to expect of it—it sounds at once both small-time and big hype, and web dramas haven’t reached the stage of being fully realized productions. But let’s wait and see; it’ll launch online via Naver’s TV Cast on October 13.

Via Sports Chosun

cr: Dramabeans

Aaahhhh our Hyukie looking good for the sohu promo event. Well rested = no eye bags :)) .

The Web toon sounds interesting though how much screen time will Hyukie have? Most likely cameo? That role is perfect for him...jet kune do...glaring intense eyes? Hehehhe.

@yoeda‌ on the bright side Hyukie didn't have to spend his bday filming in the middle of winter this year.