[

...so bummed. Well, I wonder when I will start watching dramas again? Maybe never???!!! :wacko:

:angry:

sunglasses2.gif

I'm so mad that all the hard work Hyuk has prepared for this SG is a total waste fury.gif

Just realized that I had only watched 1 complete drama "Change" of Takuya Kimura to help me recuperate after Chuno. I like Hyun Bin a lot but still extremely disappointed in this situation. Not sure if I can watch this Secret Garden any more, may always wonder what if Hyuk's doing it instead.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I want to kill whoever made this terrible move for Hyuk in Sidus. They're playing with Hyuk's future and feelings of his fans...........

Guest overdosetheaddiction

Thanks for the welcomes!

Hi Overdosetheaddiction! Who doesnt succumb to JH after Chuno? Well, except for the Song Tae Ha camp of people hahahah.

well i liked song tae ha but i'm definitely with the dae gil epic angst brigade. :)

i kinda shipped dae gil and seol hwa too and all that one-sided love. song tae ha and eun nyun are a little too perfect for my drama taste. :D

after watching chuno i felt like i'm going to self-combust. it's not being shown here in the phils yet so i don't have anyone to talk all this angst out. :D good thing there's always soompi. :)

Yuuuppp his portrayal of Dae Gil.....definitely one of the best acting jobs I've ever seen in a K-drama.

welcome to the thread! Don't forget to watch Thank You. For most of us that was the drama that made us fall fod Hyukie.

i'll be checking that out, most definitely. :)

Oh speaking about Chuno ....apparently the last scene where Dae Gil shot an imaginary arrow towards wasn't originally in the script. 

Jang Hyuk was the one who suggested that scene.

Can you imagine how much more depressing Dae Gil's life would have been without that last scene? That last scene was so memorable because that was where Dae Gil was able to smile brightly...the only time throughout the series that we see him be so carefree and childlike.

is that scene... like an afterlife or what? or did that happen when he was waiting for song tae ha and eun nyun?

Guest jen2010

My long awaited comedy for Hyuk is gone... :tears:

I think this is terribly unprofessional of Sidus to be pulling out cast members last minute

I am just curious, has this ever happen before in other Korean dramas?

Overdoseaddiction - I thought the scene happened when he was waiting.

My long awaited comedy for Hyuk is gone... :tears:

I think this is terribly unprofessional of Sidus to be pulling out cast members last minute

I am just curious, has this ever happen before in other Korean dramas?

Jen - actually from the past year of reading korean drama news, I think it happen quite often. Recently, "I am Legend" was supposed to cast Goh Hyun Jin but Kim Jung Eun tookover when Goh drop out.

Call me an idealist, but so far I have only seen two pc of news about SG and they are not the most common newspaper source. And from one of the article, it says that HB hasnt sign the contract. So I am just holding out to an inkling of hope that all these are just a misunderstanding....until perhaps I see it on dramabeans or ocha quoting something...

Guest overdosetheaddiction

Overdoseaddiction - I thought the scene happened when he was waiting.

thanks. i thought the same too. :D

what's been happening with sidushq and the production of SG is a total bummer. I will not watch SG if JH wouldn't be in it.

Guest jen2010

Jen - actually from the past year of reading korean drama news, I think it happen quite often. Recently, "I am Legend" was supposed to cast Goh Hyun Jin but Kim Jung Eun tookover when Goh drop out.

Thanks. I am a newbie to the Kdrama world, so thought this kind of turn in event is quite unusual coz I've hardly seen it happening in the entertainment world of other countries which I'm more familiar with. Thats why its quite a shocker to me to see such a turn of event after everything is announced. I would have thought all these would have ironed out even before any official announcement is made :P & not let poor Hyuk who has been preparing for the chac all these month now left with nothing :(

Only hope that Hyuk will have another decent project in the line up, will be good if its a movie, or better still, a few of them :D

I find the Korean entertainment industry very different too. Couldn't understand Hyuk was pulled out the very last minute when he was the first released in the news to be the male lead in the cast. So, is everything verbal without contract binding until it's actually shooting?

The producer (?) of Chinese version AAE said on the news lately, saying the pay to Hyuk had gone up 3 times from they first got in touch with his agency to finalize the invitation.

Who wants to deal with Sidus with all the strings attached ? Hyukie, I pray that you'd leave Sidus ASAP <_<

Guest eatnsnooze

See my post at bottom of page 168...we are not going to see JH and HJW work together...smiley-angry020.gif I wasn't excited about the drama, but I really wanted to see them as a pair... angry-tantrum.gif

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, and this will be popular...miracles could happen?! :phew:

sunglasses2.gif

Me neither. I wasn't really that excited about the drama itself but rather the JH-HJW pairing. Not that I don't like Hyun Bin, but I really wanted to see the Hyuk-HJW pair.

Still...maybe Hyuk dropping out is a blessing in disguise and he'll find a even more intesting drama (and there are plenty of actresses that I wouldn't mind seeing). *crosses fingers*

Guest Jill4675

Still...maybe Hyuk dropping out is a blessing in disguise and he'll find a even more intesting drama (and there are plenty of actresses that I wouldn't mind seeing). *crosses fingers*

thplease2-2.gif Hope you are right! crossfingers.gif

@hahatk thumbsup.gif Agree! sFun_doh2.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Just arrived in Singapore (also refer to as SG :D ) for a vacation, but kinda of hellish with a toddler in toll.

I just checked dramabeans and it is still not 100%sealed that HB is in the show. He has the army calling by the end of the year and already has a movie on hand, I am not sure how he is going to squeeze in a drama. :o I am still holding out to an inkling of hope.

I'm als bummed out about Secret Garden...was looking forward to a Hyuk-HJW combo. Hyun Bin seems almost like a set replacement but what about HB's upcoming movie? That is a headscratcher..he's gonna do both by the end of the year? I find that almost impossible. I mean if he's not the main lead then I say it's probable but considering he'll be the main lead for both....and just how tight drama scheduling is...something's gotta give for HB....although hmmmmm the movis shoot is only for 2 weeks? So I guess it's still possible.

Like all of you I'm disgusted by Sidus.....they're just ughhhh....I really hope Hyuk will leave Sidus...but gaaah Hyuk is such a loyal person that he might stick with Sidus out of loyalty.

Oh...how about that Kim Hee Sun drama..did they find a male lead yet?

Anyway..pic time...Sidus posted Hyuk's pics from 3 yrs ago..I think most of us remember these....basically Sidus was trying to show how even from 3 yrs ago Hyuk has always been a 'beast man'.

cr: Sidus HQ's me2day (me2day.net/sidushq)

20100908_1283939152_21077500_2.jpg

2010090807657_2010090857151.jpg

More pics from 'Quiz King' premiere. They call Hyuk a fashionista =)

he looks really cute here!

2010090701032_0.jpg

Hyuk-SJS

07_86004.jpg

There's also a vid clip from the premiere here:

http://www.tvdaily.co.kr/read.php3?aid=128381251486004007

I am confused now......:wacko:

Hyuk's schedule

2010-09-06~2010-09-12

10일 <서울 드라마 어워즈> 참석

SBS 드라마 <시크릿 가든> 촬영준비

2010-09-06~2010-09-12

10th Attending <Seoul Drama Awards>

SBS Drama <Secret Garden> shooting preparation

Guest Jill4675

I am confused now......:wacko:

Hyuk's schedule

2010-09-06~2010-09-12

10일 <서울 드라마 어워즈> 참석

SBS 드라마 <시크릿 가든> 촬영준비

2010-09-06~2010-09-12

10th Attending <Seoul Drama Awards>

SBS Drama <Secret Garden> shooting preparation

Lots of confusion; I blame Sidus! fury.gif His schedule said the same thing regarding SG for LAST week!

As to Hyun Bin's schedule, what kind of movie films in two weeks? I mean, TV dramas take longer than that...must be a straight-to-video low-budget B film? Why bother? :lol:

In any event, in this case, no news is bad news...but it could turn out to be good news if the drama (should it ever materialize!!!) is bad (quite possible). Let Hyuk find a better project. Pity about the loss of the JH-HJW pairing, though... <_<

@o-cha Yes, I liked his look at the screening, and that first pic is very cute...typical JH! :wub:

sunglasses2.gif

As to Hyun Bin's schedule, what kind of movie films in two weeks? I mean, TV dramas take longer than that...must be a straight-to-video low-budget B film? Why bother? :lol:

/b]

Yo, Jill4675. Can you stop throwing insults after insults and your constant annoying sour-graping?!?!?! Director Lee of the new Hyun Bin movie is into smaller indie fare (very charming and well done) and his past movies are all done in a very small budget and in very few days. There are grander scale projects out there that may take ages and loads of cash to produce but end in the mini cooper pile. I'm just saying please hold off you vitriol commenting on things you have no knowledge of thank you very much. It just showcase your ignorance and poor taste.

Ocha - yes the first pix is so cute. He hardly get captured with that expression.

I am not sure why they decided to put out JH's old pictures, maybe some office clerk sort out his old archive and suddenly remember this. They decided wow, lets put this out?

xsp - I dun think Jill meant it as an insult, please dun take it that way. I mean, not everybody knows what kind of movie is he involved in. In any case, this is a Jang Hyuk thread so dun expect everyone here to be a fan of HB.

Lets all look forward to the Seoul Drama Festival Awards tomorrow. :)

qwenli: So you're home in Singapore for vacation. Your family must be so happy to have you and your little one home.

I just checked dramabeans and it is still not 100%sealed that HB is in the show.

Well, considered in Hyuk's case, we thought he was sure in 2 months ago, who knows if HB is really in it.

ocha: Sidus didn't have any news for Hyuk so they decided to dig through some old pics of him to release !? Anyway, I still enjoy looking at them though.

Hyukie's fair complexion's coming back. He looks so good in his wavy hairdo and fall outfits. However, SJS and his man purse look ..... :vicx:

Guess we can never trust Hyuk's schedule in his official site. Sidus never does a good job in updating his page anyway.

I'm kinda surprised at Hyun Bin's busy schedule before his military duty. Probably his agent and he want to take as many jobs as possible before his comeback or they have more reasons to request delays to his duty.

xsp: I'm sure Jill did not mean insults to HB or his fans. We can disagree or argue our different opinions but personal attacks are surely not appreciated. We always have fun and friendly atmosphere here and hope it's going to keep this way.

I personally like HB very much and watched most of his dramas and movies. I think he's trying different roles to better himself as an actor. Like his portrayal and interactions with SHK (definitely their chemistry sparked :D )in The World that They Live In. Saw his acting grew in Friend, Our Legend and I Am Happy. I hope HB will shine even more after his service to his country just like Hyukie did.

Is anyone going to watch the live Seoul Drama Festival Awards ? I'll just wait and hopefully someone will UL to youtube ro megaupload :rolleyes:

for all jang hyuk's fans, he just won an award at seoul drama award.. i'm not too sure what is the right name, but i think it has got to do with hallyu..

jh-1.jpg남우주연상 수상한 ‘추노’ 장혁,감사합니다~

and also chuno has won 2 awards as well.. (1 of it is a hallyu award.., the other one i'm not too sure but there are other countries' nominees as well.. chuno was the 2nd to be call up the stage)

sorry for not able to provide the exact award name... but i feel that JH fans should be happy as long as JH or chuno wins right? :D

xsp - I dun think Jill meant it as an insult, please dun take it that way. I mean, not everybody knows what kind of movie is he involved in. In any case, this is a Jang Hyuk thread so dun expect everyone here to be a fan of HB.

Of course I did not expect everybody to love HB, I don't like every one of his work, but when it's insulting a very talented PD in discriminating his work planned to be done in 2 wks as a 'B movie' and worst than a TV movie (granted a lot of TV movie is of great quality as well) it has insult written all over it.

xsp: I'm sure Jill did not mean insults to HB or his fans. We can disagree or argue our different opinions but personal attacks are surely not appreciated. We always have fun and friendly atmosphere here and hope it's going to keep this way.

hi there hahatk, it's nice to be civil all the time. But frankness and honesty is also a virtue in my book. I can read and understand plain english, and calling a movie 'B-movie', 'why bother' quoting EXACT words of Jill on a future work of a very well respected PD, who has a track record of working on a very small budget and churning out charming art pieces in DAYS is an insult not just on the judgment of HB in picking his projects as a professional but to the PD, the mastermind behind the work. It is definitely not just an opinion when it has no basis, can I interpret those exact words as any form of borderline niceties?! Can you honestly? and I've been in soompi and forums long enough as to tell plain st-forward insults. Personal attacks are not appreciated, and it go both ways, what goes around, comes around.