Guest Jill4675

Hi Jill

this is the cf, hope this helps.

I like this cf.

Awww, thank you, Bebo! I really appreciate it! :) I just took a look and, naturally, Zoi has already uploaded it as well! You guys can go here: Eider CF (YouTube)

sunglasses2.gif

NEWS: The Seoul Drama Awards 2010 has added a Hallyu award and Jang Hyuk will be given the Best Actor award!! But please note this is not the overall Best actor award to be contested among various countries for which Lee Byeon Heon is nominated.

The news is still not very clear, but JH seems to have won something, being recognised for his work in Chuno. Remember that BS award that he lost to Lee Byeon Heon?

Still happy that he got the recognition.

Awards ceremony will be held on Sep 10 evening in KBS.

Guest Jill4675

...The news is still not very clear, but JH seems to have won something, being recognised for his work in Chuno. Still happy that he got the recognition....

ME, TOO! thumbsup.gifclap.gif

I'd like to give him an oscar.jpg just so Dae Gil didn't die in vain!!! :rolleyes:laughing.gif

EDIT: qwenli! Ooh, your favorite is so NICE! Amour_7.gif Thanks for adding the other pics (which I already saw in your album!! :lol:)... thankyou.gif Oh, what a beautiful magazine...! :wub:

sunglasses2.gif

congrats JH on the award for best actor (Hallyu category)-glad that people recognize his work-well for Dahae maybe next time, her role in Chuno is totally not for award category-it is her stepping stone to arise from her EOE fiasco-and THANK YOU VERY MUCH HANG HYUK for considering Dahae when you want a partner that time.

Thanks for the news abt their payment from Chuno-Hahak, hope you don't mind -I shared it in OJH and Dahae's thread.

Actually to me, the pay is quite high if based per ep (not for 8 months). High, is we consider their position in kdrama, actually not many can get around double digit like that,,BUT if we compare with Japanase Hallyu star s(I prefer called them like that), the payment is totally toooooo small-below is the article on who are getting the highest in Korea (actor/actress category). I think after Chuno 3 of them will get higher than this.

http://www.hancinema.net/bae-yong-joon-is-highest-paid-actor-17098.html

Guest Jill4675

Thanks for the link, samzz ~ I decided to post the text here, because the numbers are so insane.

A phenomenal Korean star in Japan, Bae Yong-joon is the highest paid actor in Korea, raking in 250 million won ($171,600) per episode, an unusual release of the details of actors' payrolls showed this week.

A seminar on Korean television drama took place on Monday in Mok-dong, Seoul, hosted by the association of Korean television drama production directors to tell the difficulty in footing production costs.

Broadcasting stations and production companies have been raising concerns about costly payments to stars in recent years. They contend the payments create serious difficulties in financing television programs.

At the event, details of the payments for popular actors and actresses during the last two years were revealed by professor Kim Jin-woong of Sun Moon University.

Bae Yong-joon was found the most expensive star of all while he starred in the autumn hit of 2007, "The Legend". The number, however, is an approximation, as Bae was paid in a form of splitting profits between his management company and the production firm, Kim Jin-woong said.

Bae's estimated pay, however, is nearly double that of another actor Park Shin-yang, whose payment scuffle with a production agency drew attention in July. Park had filed a suit against the production to fully pay up the agreed 155 million won per each of the extended episodes of SBS "War of Money" in 2007.

Other highly paid actors included Song Seung-heon, who raked in 70 million won per episode of "East of Eden", along with kwon Sang-woo of "Bad Love", Park Shin-yang of "Painter of the Wind" and Lee Jeong-jae of "Air City", each receiving 50 million won per episode. (East of Eden and Air City were total junk...can't believe SSH got that much for that horrendous mess! :wacko: The only cast member who deserved to get paid was Lee Da Hae for staying as long as she did!!! :o I love LJJ, but he did nothing in Air City and neither did anyone else...he'd probably like to forget he ever was in that...compare that with playing the role of Dae Gil!!! :angry:)

Actresses were slightly lower in income, with Ko Hyeon-joung of "H.I.T" and Song Hye-kyo of "Worlds Within" each getting 35 million won per episode. Son Ye-jin reportedly earned about 30 million per episode of "Spotlight".

Among newcomers to the acting scene, the highest paid star was singer-turned-actor Yoon Kye-sang who starred in "Who Are You - Drama " and raked in 18 million per episode. Following Yoon was Jang Geun-seok of the latest hit "Beethoven Virus", earning 12 million per episode.

These lucrative payments were a sharp surge from just several years ago, where in 2001, the highest payment per episode was 4 million and 5 million won by top star Kang Soo-yeon for her work on "Ladies of the Palace". The report said that the price of hiring stars in television dramas began to skyrocket when Jeon Do-yeon began receiving 15 million won for "Lovers in Prague" in 2005. (... wtfemoticon.gif shaking my head at these numbers...the worst got the most and the women got short-changed Big Time...no wonder these folks would love to come to the US, where salaries are so much higher...all I can say is, learn to speak English! :lol:)

By Lee Joo-hee source

NOTE: This article is from December 2008...it would be interesting to see more recent data.

sunglasses2.gif

Yes, Jill the article shows how rediculous the amount the get, compared to their acting abilities-well that what we called STAR power and how the media and Japanese ahjumas are helping them to achieve that status. I'm glad JH, Dahae and the rest got paid reasonably not bcos of this and that.

Ya, if I can find latest article on their income I will put it here, but so far none.

Hi Samzz and Jill thanks for the article. I think Bae Yong Joon cant be a benchmark because he is really kind of off the charts. Yep Air city was crap. As for EOE, well I know SSH is never really an actor but his name sells across Asia.

Anyway, hope Hyuk gets more advertisements and make more $$ the easier way! :D

Thanks for the news abt their payment from Chuno-Hahak, hope you don't mind -I shared it in OJH and Dahae's thread.

Hi samzz, welcome here ! Of course I don't mind you sharing with the other threads. Thanks for bringing the article about the big fat paychecks all these Korean stars making. What can I say ? It's never fair fury.gif Fame has to do with luck more than anything else -_- !

wow, when I tried to guess who would be the highest paid actor/actress, I never could imagine it would be Bae Yong Joon, one of the actor I really don't like at all. :mellow:

I feel I'm missing something :blink: why is so wanted?

the only one of those actors that I admire, is Park Shin Yang, and that's how he was treated, he had to sue them to get his paycheck, I can see now how Korea treats good actors. :angry:

that's unfair, if they are willing to give that much more than they paid Hyuk in Korea then he surely deserved more.

Greetings from Puerto Rico! Hehehhe...gosh qwenli I love those pics of Hyukie..
And our Hyukie got an acting award? totally deserved it! Congrats to Jang Hyuk!

I agree that Hyuk will probably get paid a lot more post Chuno...he has now entered the A-list territory.

gosh sorry if my post comes out weirs...for some reason I can't post normally on iPad...so pleas excuse the formatting...

Miss you all...
Hahatk..hehehe..it's actually been a while since Iwent on vacay..can't believe u still remember I went to hawaii before.u have such a good memory! Hehehe[/html]

Ah Ocha - A new gadget you have there! Puerto Rico! Share some of your travel photos when you are back yeah!

Bebo - This is really not the right thread to talk about this. Anyway, you must have just started watching Korean dramas because Bae Yong Joon (BYJ) is the pioneer of the Hallyu wave starting from his super tearjerker "Winter Sonata" drama with Choi Ji Woo. He is not my cup of tea, but his fanatic fans spanned from Japan to Mexico. So really, he is in his own league. :)

Current results of Seoul Drama Awards (korean actor category):

Lee Seung Gi 111371 Kim Nam Gil 14985 Lee Byeon Heon 7949

Cha Seung Won 4448 Jang Hyuk 3157 Oh Ji Ho 2424

Lee Sun Gyun 2104 Lim Joo Han 1231 Lee Pil Mo 809 Uhm Tae Woong 727

Please continue to vote, its the last 5 days already, and once JH hits 3200+ he can enter the overall top ten actors!

Guest Jill4675

o-cha! Have fun in Puerto Rico! Shouldn't you be posting en Español??! ;)

You are a brave soul to do much typing on an iPad!! I won't even use a computer unless I have a mouse!! ('Cause I hate touchpads...too slow!) :rolleyes: Your post came out in what seems to be plain text...but Apple products reject flash and other things, so I guess the iPad just doesn't like posting on bulletin boards!! :lol: I travel with a little netbook now (used it every day in Taiwan and Japan), but I won't take it into Myanmar...I heard Internet is a big problem there and speeds are snail pace. I'll just post from Singapore.

I hope you could see the pretty pics from the Japanese mag. Both qwenli and hahatk have them in albums now! camera.gif

qwenli! You know how crazy that voting is if Lee Sun Gyun only has 2104 votes! It's interesting that CSW has 4448. Well, he got a lot of new fans from City Hall! <_<

I'll second what you said about BYJ (even though it's OT for this thread)! Of course, he's a Super Star and a wealthy one at that with many restaurants and other businesses, not just in Seoul, but also in Japan...where he's a huge star (they call him Yonsama ;))...

Now...I am ready to hear some more news of Secret Garden and our two leads... how much longer do we have to wait??? confused-idunno.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Guest Jill4675

Congrats to all who have voted! Hyuk has finally made it to the overall top 10.

Lets keep up the votes, final 4 days to go! :)

Thanks for your tireless campaigning, qwenli! I'm sure you helped his total to improve! youarewoman.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Thank to the girl who for the pix!

TWO more:

th_5801aec379d75911b219a806.jpg

th_201008240929209994.jpg

All very nice. The colours of the winter wear too, certainly make winter more cheery! :D

EDIT

24th Aug: Eider published the 2010 Fall/Winter posters featuring Jang Hyuk and Chon Chun Myeong. Earlier on, both shot the commercial in Korea and abroad bringing to the audience a masculine and challenging image. In this filming, both became cool expert mountain climbers. Especially Jang Hyuk who presented poses that are even more dynamic than professional climbers. And Chon was a face of calm and coolness in shooting the winter jacket series. He also shot an outdoor couple wear series with Ryu In Young.

Chon's series is climbing the mountains with Ryu while Hyuk's series is teaching Ryu how to ride a bicycle. The Eider spokesman say that "All 3 actors expressed Eider's image perfectly, we are very pleased. Eider already has good impact among the consumers. I look forward to the good results in the second half of the year."

.infor credits to wwhyuk of Baidu forum.