♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Yes i also happy to see her comeback to to drama. I found that she's very exticed when she's at Venice. I'll try to posting picture but since i'm using my phone i've a little difficult to posting :D

Thanks to you @andra30 who keep this thread always update :) 

• Like 3

It seems to me that HJW is always paired with vey young actors.She's a master trainer.Loving HS especially the last episode.I keep on watching  epi. 16 while she was listening to the heartbeats .She's so amazing.The fear when she recognized the heartbeats was shown in her eyes.She's ready to cry and her lips trembling but she got hold of herself and again dons the surgeon's role decisively.One amazing actress.

• Like 5

Although I do not care much about ratings, i feel that ratings do have a lot of influence on the quality of projects that would be available to HJW. I have seen a lot of her previous works and I regard her as a true artist, trying out different roles that are both challenging and roles that are often not as conventional but lately esp after leaving Sidus, she has been doing more "fluff" than choosing something of content in my opinion. I agree that HJW is challenging herself playing a role that she has never played before as a doctor, however, her facial expressions when acting out a love scene (scene where she is either kissing someone or being shy/coy/embarrassed) still has not changed. The kiss scene in HS of course did not require her to be open her mouth but I felt she could've done more with her facial expressions than to look like her usual "statue self" :wacko:.

I want the interactions w/ her potential lovers  to come more naturally on screen bc i've noticed it since SG, EK & TTTWNIL that her expressions are exactly the same ---she always looked a combination of half annoyed or wide-eyed/stunned lol I want her to being in more films/dramas where she is acting out more romantic scenes, so that they come out more naturally bc I have seen her in a lot of interviews and her personality is so vibrant and bubbly but they do not seem to come out when she is supposed to act out a romanic scene with someone. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Camillajames said:

I refrain to answer you a few times but enough is enough ! You don't like nothing about HJW, her make-up, her outfit, her hair style ever her dramas or movies so I WONDER what are you doing HERE in HJW thread ?????? :angry: Go and find something that you like !! 

And if you only like love scene and passionate kiss scene go and watch some sexy movies or drama !!!:angry: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, eim1 said:

It seems to me that HJW is always paired with vey young actors.She's a master trainer.Loving HS especially the last episode.I keep on watching  epi. 16 while she was listening to the heartbeats .She's so amazing.The fear when she recognized the heartbeats was shown in her eyes.She's ready to cry and her lips trembling but she got hold of herself and again dons the surgeon's role decisively.One amazing actress.

Yes..i don't know why but HJW has better chemistry with younger partner than older. When empress ki era i feel she look better with ji chang wook than joo jin mo and don't forget other actor like Jo in sung, KDW,  hyun bin, JGS, Seunggi even infinite L. I almost can't remember who older actor who has great chemistry with her..maybe just So ji sub. What make me surprised that even with KMH i can see the sparkling :lol:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, urie888 said:

Yes..i don't know why but HJW has better chemistry with younger partner than older. When empress ki era i feel she look better with ji chang wook than joo jin mo and don't forget other actor like Jo in sung, KDW,  hyun bin, JGS, Seunggi even infinite L. I almost can't remember who older actor who has great chemistry with her..maybe just So ji sub. What make me surprised that even with KMH i can see the sparkling :lol:

There are more Love so divine with Kwon Sang Woo and Closer to heaven with Kim Myung Min and Babo with Cha Tae Hyun. But you are right about Joo Jin Moo, they have a good chemistry but I expected a little more, mb bz they are friends ? or ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andra30 said:

There are more Love so divine with Kwon Sang Woo and Closer to heaven with Kim Myung Min and Babo with Cha Tae Hyun. But you are right about Joo Jin Moo, they have a good chemistry but I expected a little more, mb bz they are friends ? or ...

Yes..but they're all in the movie :lol:.. i mean drama which is have a more long story than movie.

Or ...? Lover :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Camillajames said:

Although I do not care much about ratings, i feel that ratings do have a lot of influence on the quality of projects that would be available to HJW. I have seen a lot of her previous works and I regard her as a true artist, trying out different roles that are both challenging and roles that are often not as conventional but lately esp after leaving Sidus, she has been doing more "fluff" than choosing something of content in my opinion. I agree that HJW is challenging herself playing a role that she has never played before as a doctor, however, her facial expressions when acting out a love scene (scene where she is either kissing someone or being shy/coy/embarrassed) still has not changed. The kiss scene in HS of course did not require her to be open her mouth but I felt she could've done more with her facial expressions than to look like her usual "statue self" :wacko:.

I want the interactions w/ her potential lovers  to come more naturally on screen bc i've noticed it since SG, EK & TTTWNIL that her expressions are exactly the same ---she always looked a combination of half annoyed or wide-eyed/stunned lol I want her to being in more films/dramas where she is acting out more romantic scenes, so that they come out more naturally bc I have seen her in a lot of interviews and her personality is so vibrant and bubbly but they do not seem to come out when she is supposed to act out a romanic scene with someone. 

Maybe the reason is  a quite simple. She isn't rom-com type actress. This is just NOT her field.

I will give my thought about this. I wanna give a quite a long posting because these days it's so bothering me somehow and i wanna spilling it all.

I won't discuss about SG or Empress ki because the project which had a bad rating is TTTWNIL. Also this drama have a strong romance genre drama.

I thought TTTWNIL is her first drama to explore romance as based theme, out from her 'comfort zone'. I had read somewhere that she agreed to joined the drama because fans wanted her to be a drama with has a cheers and cute character like that so she tried it (CCIIW). Tbh TTTWNIL is a drama i don't like the most from hjw project. Bluntly.. i even didn't finished watched it. Not because the rating wasn't good but i just couldn't enjoyed it. A plot story just not right for me..so boring. Just for HJW i read the recap. So i' m sorry for hjw to take this project, this is so blunder because now netizen just remember her as a bad kisser..wtf (lol can i curse here? :D).

About kissing scene. Ugh i really don't want to discussion this but somehow i just wanna give my two cents. I think she already knew this is her weakness. She won't be survived for a longtime in this industry if she didn't heard the market. But i believed she aware and try to fixed it (if not, her manager should be fired now :lol:). For me as a fans i just can support and have a faith here. Every actor has a weakness. I'm feeling sorry for hjw if there is a fans who will forget all about her strength point because she can't ACT kissing with her tongue (lol)

I should admit there is one actress i like when it come to romance genre, lets called her Miss X..but when it come to strong character, HJW won all over her. Maybe miss X very good for ACTED being cute girl and also so passionate when kissing but i can't see her so good when she ACTED as a great queen like HJW on empress ki. Or i can't see MISS X to fighting with sword in her hand with sharp looking. It will be strange.:lol:
Besides.. many thing i've respect to her as a actress which is make me stay here as her fans.
Another possibility is hjw just dont like to kissing  (with her tongue) in front camera, she just wanna do that when no camera in her face (kidding :D).

Finally this is my thought for also haters outhere (i'm sure not in this thread) :):D:lol:

• Like 5

Thank you, Andra for replying to camillajames' comment. I was trying to ignore her too. I have been a long time fan of hajiwon and most of the time I just read the comments here. Though there was a time where I would post here too (don't know if you still remember me).  Anyhow, I just want to say this for all hajiwon fans. I have seen fans come and go in this thread. More fans flock here when hajiwon is at her most popular self. And fans disappear when her projects aren't as popular as expected. But what irks me the most are those fans who thinks they know better. How hajiwon dress, kiss or pick her projects are her own choices, never ours. As fans, what do we know really about the world she is in? Me? I like everything about her. Whether it is a popular choice or not, i just support and accept what she does. So she doesn't feel like sticking her tongue out when kissing! Does that make or break the projects she is in? Not for me..sorry for the long post but in summary..i hope we as fans, can choose to be the kind of fan that we can be proud. Stop with the negativity. Let other people do that lol. Seriously, this is entertainment afterall. Be entertained and don't forget we are just looking into a bit of her life. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, urie888 said:

Yes..but they're all in the movie :lol:.. i mean drama which is have a more long story than movie.

Or ...? Lover :D

Oh yes ! A historical drama that I forgot Damo with Lee Seo Jin .Yes indeed she plays the most of her roles with a younger actors. But I don't think that age gap it's such a big problem as long as the actors have a good chemistry on screen !

And there is another thing I don't know if HJW has a word to say in casting actors for a drama, this isn't her job. From what I know most often she is the first cast and signs the contract and then after a while PD and writer chose others actors according to their vision on the drama plot or the character personality. I don't think that she can cancel a contract bz she don't like her co stars or bz they are too young or too old !

3 hours ago, urie888 said:

Maybe the reason is  a quite simple. She isn't rom-com type actress. This is just NOT her field.

Sorry but I can't agree with you ! Every her drama had a very nice, very touching, very well play romantic scenes after all she is called a Queen of rom-com and Action Queen .

It is something else if you refer at love scenes. I agree that this is a "little problem" , she is not so open for this kind of scenes and I agree she is not the best kissing but in my opinion PD can ask for more or can "hide" some scenes if he is not very satisfied with the quality or intensity or anything else with regard to it. 

• Like 5

Finally found this thread.. I was searching for this thread for a long team.. After I joined HS thread.. I have loved HJW unnie from secret garden n followed almost all her dramas.. The grace with which she portrayed empress ki.. She is best the empress in korea I guess.. I love her in characters.. She is an amazing actress who can involve me with her feelings.. I can cry n smile with her.. She is so graceful n beautiful.. She is an evergreen beauty who can never age.. I will speak on abt her if given more chance.. I will keep on blabbering abt her praises.. Love unnie loads:wub:

dQ3k9f5.png

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, cynder said:

Thank you, Andra for replying to camillajames' comment. I was trying to ignore her too. I have been a long time fan of hajiwon and most of the time I just read the comments here. Though there was a time where I would post here too (don't know if you still remember me).  Anyhow, I just want to say this for all hajiwon fans. I have seen fans come and go in this thread. More fans flock here when hajiwon is at her most popular self. And fans disappear when her projects aren't as popular as expected. But what irks me the most are those fans who thinks they know better. How hajiwon dress, kiss or pick her projects are her own choices, never ours. As fans, what do we know really about the world she is in? Me? I like everything about her. Whether it is a popular choice or not, i just support and accept what she does. So she doesn't feel like sticking her tongue out when kissing! Does that make or break the projects she is in? Not for me..sorry for the long post but in summary..i hope we as fans, can choose to be the kind of fan that we can be proud. Stop with the negativity. Let other people do that lol. Seriously, this is entertainment afterall. Be entertained and don't forget we are just looking into a bit of her life. 

Hi @cynder long time not see ! I'm glad to see you ! Very well said ! I hate the most this kind of behaviour too! They are fans when she is on top and become anti when she isn't and most of that some are bashing HJW . I love her too and I support her choice for her work and for now I wasn't  disappointed ever I don't like very much all her drama or movie but her acting was superb. It's so good to see some positive fans here , come often !!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Finally found this thread.. I was searching for this thread for a long team.. After I joined HS thread.. I have loved HJW unnie from secret garden n followed almost all her dramas.. The grace with which she portrayed empress ki.. She is best the empress in korea I guess.. I love her in characters.. She is an amazing actress who can involve me with her feelings.. I can cry n smile with her.. She is so graceful n beautiful.. She is an evergreen beauty who can never age.. I will speak on abt her if given more chance.. I will keep on blabbering abt her praises.. Love unnie loads:wub:

Welcome dear ! I'm so glad to see you here in HJW thread ! Thank you for loving Jiwonnie she deserve our love. She is indeed a great actress and a  wonderful person too ! She is the best in express feelings and to create great chemistry with all her costars. :wub:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cynder said:

These are my opinions as a fan and if you dont like it that is fine but just because you are a fan doesnt mean you have to like everything about what she is doing or how she is being portrayed. Also, you should read my comments again before give your two cents about how she should portray romantic scenes bc I never said she has to use tongue LOL there are other ways to express the feeling of love when kissing someone. I want to see her succeed as an actress but she isnt going to be be very successful having a string of movies/dramas that are not well received or isn't critically acclaimed bc she keeps picking projects that doesn't contribute to her growth or highlight her strength as an actress. As a actress, you are responsible for making your characters and emotions come to life, the fact that that she is still having problems showing emotions in romantic scenes just means that she should pick projects where she can practice more in this area.

Im sorry, I thought this space was to share our admirations and opinions on our favorite actress but it seems people like yourself is only looking for praises from other fans and expect them to like everything about her. I think this in of itself is very negative and not very nice at all.  I dont know what you mean by " we are just looking into a bit of her life" bc she as an actress, everything she does gets scrutinized and I am only going off of what I am seeing in her dramas/movies and I can only judge what I can see with my eyes, which is instead of being pickier w/ her projects and potentially choosing something with better content and stronger character development like Lee Kyoung-mi's "The truth beneath" she is essentially stuck doing a drama with a "love square" with younger male counterparts. If you don't like my posts, you can choose to not read it but to voice your opinion and say " oh, I was trying to avoid her" sounds like drama and is un-called for. 

• Like 2

hello everyone :)

gotta agree from all your stand about HJW her pros and cons as an actress, but what just irks me was that she's being dragged down just because of this worst kisser title she gained lately, when before TTWWNIL it was not a problem of her. I know some fans don't mind the criticism from others, but others do mind actually. And from what I've observed, her strengths being an actress kind of being overshadowed just because of her awkward portrayal when it comes to kissing scenes nowadays, or how she acted out of being a cutesy-aegyo way. My conclusion of the latter I could see, oh well just really not her forte being cute and all onscreen, and for her kissing scenes if she's not comfortable these days I just hope that PD's wont mind forcing her to do it LOL :tongue: I just don't want her to be bash unnecessarily, well part of me can say that kissing is part of acting that actors should make some effort to make it look more natural, for it to be convincing to the viewers, it's part of their work after all. But really Jiwon, just stay away from it, if you're really not into doing it on-screen :D if you're tired or what like the excuse you've said in TTWWNIL days.

The reason why I would prefer her to be in a melo, badass, serious, heavy type of projects genre with no touch of comedy or unnecessary cutesy romance at all.

P.S. I am already contented her just being a cute munchkin in real life. :D 

• Like 4

• Like 2

Unfortunately ,it was in the "in time with You drama" that this problem with kissing came out.No complaints before. The capuchino kiss and the refrigerator kiss  were  even in the best list of kisses. In my opinion I don't see any problem with the first kiss in HS since as far as the story goes she has not experienced love because of her career.So I think if it necessary for the drama, I'm sure she could do it and that's why you have a director.The " Party kiss in Sega" in my opinion  was the best I've seen in Kdrama.Very romantic ,nicely done and they said it's the longest in K drama.

• Like 3