♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

6 hours ago, Camillajames said:

I really hope she doesn't accept this drama :( it's too similar to the Japanese version & Romantic doctor. I was hoping she'd do something different and preferably a film. Sorry for being pessimistic but if this drama ends up tanking, it would be bad for her since the last drama and two last movies didn't do too well. If she were to do  a drama, I wish it could be a cable drama since they have more room for creativity. 

I feel you, but what can we do then seems like she accepted it already.... :expressionless: i know that we should not be like this, but still.....  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ferlycious said:

I feel you, but what can we do then seems like she accepted it already.... :expressionless: i know that we should not be like this, but still.....  

Are you sure that she accepted cz I don't find anywhere (except Allkpop ) that she will be on that drama ?? DC don't work for me ! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ferlycious said:

im not really sure, but someone whom I know said that she accepted the offer based from korean news..... and as for me nothing is really final til news all over from her agency saying so.....

I think she knows the PD so she might accept the project due to that :unsure:. She's a very loyal person it's just sad bc I wanted to see her in an artsy film, which I think she wouldve been great in to show that she can do contemporary. It seems one drama flop and she can't do temporary to some. To be honest, TTWWNIL was a mess for me with the change of PDS, the whole plagerism promo in the beginning and a completely different storyline. It did not do her justice since her natural demeanor is so lovable. I wish a PD can capture that on film/drama!!!! I was just reading Koala's latest post and it said HJW hasnt confirmed yet:dissapointed_relieved: so I'm still holding out for my JIS reunion 

:flushed:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andra30 said:

Hajiwon Academyslider-hocvienhaji

I just find this information ... Hajiwon Academy - Academy of Cosmetic Hanoi...I wonder ...there is some connection between Ha Ji Won and that institution ????? or is just a name coincidence ??!!     http://hocvienhajiwon.com.vn/

even this serum name is Haenim ???!! 

AHAHJAHAHHAJA I CAN'T 

My prediction was right. :lol: I can't see why she'd turn down such a great offer. It's a role that she never played before and it's very challenging. If she did great then this is her chance to make a comeback. Now, I just needed to find the .ts version of this drama. :tongue:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaxT said:

My prediction was right. :lol: I can't see why she'd turn down such a great offer. It's a role that she never played before and it's very challenging. If she did great then this is her chance to make a comeback. Now, I just needed to find the .ts version of this drama. :tongue:

IMO playing a medical doctor isn't a very challenging role bc the majority of Korean dramas do not portray the medical profession very accurately or at all like for ex shows like DOTS, Love doctors, Young Pal and Blood. I didn't want to see her in this role bc shows portraying doctors and lawyers have become so saturated. I'm also really scared the show will get critized for neglecting to pay attention to  the accurate portrayal of medical practices. But as fans, of course we support her in what she does. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Camillajames said:

I didn't want to see her in this role bc shows portraying doctors and lawyers have become so saturated.

Which role isn't saturated? Almost all recent K-dramas have similar plots with a predictable ending.  I preferred to see her in a medical/law drama or something she never done it before. If she decided to do another drama then we should support her all the way.

@andra30  - Our wishes came true!  :lol:

• Like 1

Frankly speaking, if there would be another leading man(other than Choi Jin-Hyuk) for the korean drama series that Ha Ji Won is considering to do, it could be a potential hit. For me Choi Jin-Hyuk is not good looking at all and I don't see any chemistry between him and Ha Ji-Won.

Criminal minds would be best suited for HJW together with Lee Jun-Gi. They would sure have that perfect chemistry and the genre would fit both of them.Unfortunately, it was offered to another actress.

Still hoping to see HJW doing either SAGEAUK or action themed drama series with eye candy actors like Lee Jun-Gi, Lee Min-Ho, Lee Dong-Wook, Kim Soo-Hyun. 

12 hours ago, CarlaA said:

Frankly speaking, if there would be another leading man(other than Choi Jin-Hyuk) for the korean drama series that Ha Ji Won is considering to do, it could be a potential hit. For me Choi Jin-Hyuk is not good looking at all and I don't see any chemistry between him and Ha Ji-Won.

Criminal minds would be best suited for HJW together with Lee Jun-Gi. They would sure have that perfect chemistry and the genre would fit both of them.Unfortunately, it was offered to another actress.

Still hoping to see HJW doing either SAGEAUK or action themed drama series with eye candy actors like Lee Jun-Gi, Lee Min-Ho, Lee Dong-Wook, Kim Soo-Hyun. 

Nah Choi Jin-hyuk is actually good as an actor. Beauty is subjective, but I don't think whether CJH is good looking or not will determine how successful the drama is. Tunnel, for example, was a hit for OCN. And honestly you can't tell whether they have chemistry or not before watching the drama. I agree with the part about being in a drama with LJK tho. That will be a dream come true. Just my two cents. :)

• Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 2:19 AM, MaxT said:

Which role isn't saturated? Almost all recent K-dramas have similar plots with a predictable ending.  I preferred to see her in a medical/law drama or something she never done it before. If she decided to do another drama then we should support her all the way.

@andra30  - Our wishes came true!  :lol:

It's not fair to ask "which role isn't sarurated?" when there are so many roles that are not saturated such as JDY's role in The goodwife, KNJ in Queen of reversals, and JRW in History of a Salaryman just to name a few. HJW has built a very long career to be able to be more selective of the projects she takes on, so it would be a waste of her talent to be in these " recent dramas with similar plots and endings". Also, this upcoming drama already has a very similar premise to the Japanese drama so it would indeed be heavily scrutinized.

I just didn't want her comeback drama to be yet another remake of something bc the last one did not do too well. As a fan, Im just worried how this would affect her career bc I want her to have longevity in acting. I was very excited about her UTA contract for America advancement and was hoping she'd just stick to films bc it can be less grueling, more room for creativity compared to a liveshot drama and she wouldn't have to revert to only choosing "trendy pieces" like doctor/medical roles that do not portray the medical profession very accurately!! I've yet to see even one medical drama similar to House in kdramas  :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camillajames said:

It's not fair to ask "which role isn't sarurated?" when there are so many roles that are not saturated such as JDY's role in The goodwife, KNJ in Queen of reversals, and JRW in History of a Salaryman just to name a few. HJW has built a very long career to be able to be more selective of the projects she takes on, so it would be a waste of her talent to be in these " recent dramas with similar plots and endings". Also, this upcoming drama already has a very similar premise to the Japanese drama so it would indeed be heavily scrutinized.

I just didn't want her comeback drama to be yet another remake of something bc the last one did not do too well. As a fan, Im just worried how this would affect her career bc I want her to have longevity in acting. I was very excited about her UTA contract for America advancement and was hoping she'd just stick to films bc it can be less grueling, more room for creativity compared to a liveshot drama and she wouldn't have to revert to only choosing "trendy pieces" like doctor/medical roles that do not portray the medical profession very accurately!! I've yet to see even one medical drama similar to House in kdramas  :dissapointed_relieved:

I have to agree with you, despite my undying love for Jiwonnie. Her contract with UTA doesn't seem to be helping her filmography. It's been 3 years since she signed with them and there has been no news whatsoever. A bit sad, but part of me hopes for her to stay in Asia. I am honestly torn between choosing films and dramas. Dramas in general are broadcast more often internationally, hence more exposure. But if you're looking for quality work, films will be the ideal project to work with. Then again not all films are done well.

Anyhow, I'm satisfied just as long as I get to see her again. Let's just wait until it broadcasts to decide whether the comeback was a good decision or not.

Also, has anyone watched Risking Life With Love?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheRatchetFool_1023 said:

I have to agree with you, despite my undying love for Jiwonnie. Her contract with UTA doesn't seem to be helping her filmography. It's been 3 years since she signed with them and there has been no news whatsoever. A bit sad, but part of me hopes for her to stay in Asia. I am honestly torn between choosing films and dramas. Dramas in general are broadcast more often internationally, hence more exposure. But if you're looking for quality work, films will be the ideal project to work with. Then again not all films are done well.

Anyhow, I'm satisfied just as long as I get to see her again. Let's just wait until it broadcasts to decide whether the comeback was a good decision or not.

Also, has anyone watched Risking Life With Love?

Very well said !!!!! I have the same thoughts !!!  I have some expectations from UTA too but it seems that they didn't find a suitable role for Jiwon or who knows mb will see some good news in the future, I still want her to play in a sfi movie !?? 

I want to see her comeback in a movie or drama , I prefer drama cz I can see her more on screen. I wish that every her work to be a hit but we must accept that every artist in this world has up and down on their career so at latest for me the rating is just nothing if I like their work, but every person can have personal preferences and I love Ha Ji Won acting and love every her character, strong woman or cute one. It doesn't mean that all her dramas or movies are the best but it's not her fault, she give everything for her work but that's it ! 

Yes I watched her last movie Life Risking Romance  and I like it. It's not the best movie in the world but it is a enjoyable one, light and fun mix a.little.thriller-comedy-a.little.romantic movie and as always HJW had a wonderful chemistry with her co-actors. You can try to watch! Enjoy!