Do usernames tell us about the individual?

SunniRise

Guest Tun_tun

Slightly. 

My username was a nickname my (ex) girlfriend used to call me.

It used to kinda annoy me seeing it there, but now I don't mind it at all.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gwishin

Mine is 귀신 in korean. 

It's a korean ghost. So... well... Am I a korean ghost? XD

Now that I think about it, I think my name is a little bit weird and also scary. tears.gif

I should have use another one.

lol

Guest Dara-chan

My username is actually my internet nickname. ^_^

My username on all the other forums I am on is siyeoyo2darayo, but that was too long. All my friends call me Dara for short, and since a lot of them are into manga they tagged "chan" at the end of my name. Thus, Dara-chan. ;)

What does siyeoyo2darayo mean? It's Korean, literally sour2sweet. Ha, ha, basically I was sour and now I'm sweet. :lol: (sorta)

Hippolyta was a Queen of the Amazons

I was really into Greek Mythology when I picked my AOL handle back in 1995 but didn't want to be confused with the actual Hippolyta in searches (or nicknamed Hippo) so I switched the o and t...Hipployta. DC also made her Wonder Woman's Mother/Creator before making her crazy in recent years.

In Google search all my blogs and accounts over the years pop up but in image search it switched to Hipployta. I have to click "search instead Hipployta" and then I appear LOL.

My avatar image...I just pick random photos of myself

Guest strawbearru

My friends call me "bear" and my teacher gave me the name "bearru", and I think strawberries are cute. So I joined those three things and came up with the username "strawbearru"!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NorthWind

NorthWind, because (unsuprisingly) I'm from northern Europe, close to the Artic Circle.

Also I like variating weather - windy, rainy, stormy, cloudy, sunny... It'd be boring if the weather was always the same! So, Wind for that.

Guest -rikki-

Mine was just a nickname people have been meaning to call me, but never did. I just added the 2 -'s because rikki was taken. Henceforth -rikki-

• 2 weeks later...

Archived