Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Director Im Soonrye, the first female movie director who produced the movie <The Point Men> with a budget exceeding 10 million won, talks about <The Point Men>  production, chemistry between Hwang Jungmin (played the role Diplomat Jaeho), Kang Kiyoung (played the role of Interpreter Kasim) and Hyun Bin (played the role of NIS Agent Daesik) with  Cine21 Korea January issue.  

”Hyun Bin is personally closed to Hwang Jung-min.  But the two never acted together.  I thought there was a chemistry came from the closeness of the two.  Maybe it was because they had human trust in each other” ~ Director Im Soonrye

295-FEEF3-7-D89-4441-A158-31-F59-EA9-A5-

1-B242255-93-E5-490-E-B913-E560101-E3-E9

Spoiler

25-FCE72-E-2-F84-42-C1-85-B7-20-E3-CD422

F573-B204-AF40-4-D43-8-AC7-F937271057-C2

Cine21 also published the same interview in their local papers on 01/13.

A new Korean film project in 2022: 'The Point Men', directed by Im Soon-rye

2022.01.13. 6:17pm
Written by: Lee Joo-hyun | CINE21

Successfully completed the local location in Jordan

Spoiler

10_42_14__61db8ef68ac0a_20220113181704072.jpg?type=w430

<The Point Men> 

Producer Subak 

Director Im Soon-rye 

Starring Jung-min Hwang, Hyun Bin 

Distributing Megabox JoongAng Co., Ltd. PlusM 

Release Points to watch in 2022 Most of the story of <The Point Men> takes place in Afghanistan. The production team filmed Afghanistan in Jordan, and I am curious about how strange spaces and characters in the Middle East, where the sandstorm blows, would be captured in the film, and the chemistry and behind-the-scenes scenes created by Hwang Jung-min and Hyun Bin, who are filming together for the first time, in an overseas location. 

<The Point Men>, presented by Director Im Soon-rye after <Little Forest>, is a film adaptation of a real incident where 23 Koreans who went on a mission to Afghanistan in 2007 were kidnapped by the Taliban, an Afghan militant group. Extreme Islamism and Extreme Christianity. Although the incident occurred when two extreme religious beliefs collided, the film focuses on the humanistic activities of the two main characters trying to rescue the abducted Koreans safely. Hwang Jung-min plays Jae-ho, an employee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who is negotiating with the Taliban, and Hyun-bin plays Dae-shik, an employee of the National Intelligence Service (NIS) who works in the Middle East. Last year, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, director Im Soon-rye, who returned from an overseas location in Jordan, was almost finishing post-production.

10_42_24__61db8f00cd562_20220113181704115.jpg?type=w430

Recently, I know that he resigned from the position of representative of KARA, who acted for animal rights and reassurance of the Korean Film Center for Gender Equality, to focus only on film work. 

Director Im: I was in charge of this and that, but I tried to put it down and rest. There is also a social age. Was the 60th birthday last year or last year? When it came to my sixtieth birthday, I had a desire to put down what I was doing and quietly retreat. When I was looking at tarot in the past, when I said something like this, I got the answer, “It won’t be like that.” (Laughs) I thought I would have a lot of time to focus on myself if I let go of the tasks I was in charge of, but in reality, that’s not the case. However, these days, I am only concentrating on movies. 

Is <The Point Men>  still in post-production? 

Director Im: I finished filming overseas in mid-September 2020 and came to Korea, and I started editing in October of that year and has been working on post-production for over a year. As soon as a release date is set, we are preparing everything so that it can be released immediately. 

After <Little Forest>, you chose <Negotiation> as your next project. There must have been many proposals to direct a work with a resolution similar to that of <Little Forest>, but I decided to present a completely different film from <Little Forest> as my next work.

Director Im: You would have expected a gentle human drama, but somehow it happened. From <Informant>, <Little Forest> and <The Point Men>, all three films have different personalities. All three films were planned by Shin Beom-soo, the director of the film company Subak. At the time of <Informant>, I was not confident when I only saw the scenario. After reading the thick report written by PD Han Hak-soo, I was able to see how intensely this person covered as a journalist, and I thought it would be okay if I focused on the media rather than the authenticity of stem cells, so I took on the role of directing. <Little Forest> also thought that it would not be an easy work as there were many concerns about how to deliver the atmosphere and rhythm of the original Japanese movie to the Korean audience. That was in the second half of 2016, when action movies like <Asura> were particularly successful, so on the other hand, as a reward for that, I became interested in the peace that a gentle movie like <Little Forest> can provide. When I first got the offer for <The Point Men>, it was similar to how I felt with <Informant>. <The Point Men> is a film based on the sensitive true story of the 2007 Sammul Church missionary abduction in Afghanistan, and it does not take the narrative structure of a typical genre film in which the villain, the hero, and the innocent victim are clearly distinguished. It is a sensitive story in which the religious beliefs of two extremes, extreme Christianity and extreme Muslim, collide. I thought it would be okay if the story focused on people who are responsible for the safety of the people, such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Intelligence Service.

As I said, the storytelling of the film was not easy because it was a case involving sensitive religious and diplomatic issues. 

Director Im: Usually, in works about abductees and hostages, they empathize with those in danger. I follow the story with a nervous mind that I hope to save them. However, since this incident occurred while the abductees were engaged in militant missionary activities, there were difficulties from the beginning of the story. The audience had to not feel resentment or liking for those who were taken hostage by the Taliban, and they had to be able to follow the lines of the two main characters, a diplomatic official (Hwang Jung-min) and a security official (Hyun Bin), who had to save them. It was difficult and important to get an exquisite stance. 

The main characters are Jae-ho, a diplomatic official, played by Hwang Jung-min, and Dae-shik, an NIS agent, played by Hyun Bin. 

Director Im: Jae-ho is a good diplomat and a good negotiator. Daeshik, on the other hand, is an outsider who has been wandering around the Middle East. Jaeho has a logical and rational way of thinking, and Daeshik is free to think and act. The two characters sometimes clash in personalities and sometimes because of differences in the positions of the departments in which they work. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a firm principle that you can never negotiate with terrorists. Jaeho also moves within that principle at first. Eventually, he realizes that human life is more important than anything, and he tries to save the kidnapped people by any means. Even if they are endangered by their own cruelty, people's lives must be saved. Through the two characters, we show that there are protections we deserve as citizens, and the responsibility to save them rests with our government.

Hwang Jung-min and Hyun Bin, how did you come up with the combination of the two actors? 

Director Im: I did <Waikiki Brothers> with Hwang Jung-min, and after that, I thought that I would like to work together again someday. <The Point Men> needed a strong actor who could convince the audience well, and Jung Min came to mind. Hyun Bin is personally close to Hwang Jung-min. But the two never acted together. I thought there was a chemistry that came from the closeness of the two. Maybe it was because they had human trust in each other. Of course, in the play, they appear in a relationship that is wobbly. Many foreign actors also appear. There were many difficulties with language problems. Several languages are spoken in Afghanistan: Pashto is spoken by the Pashtuns and the Taliban, and Dari is spoken in the capital. However, the filming was not done in Afghanistan, but in Jordan, and local actors in Jordan speak Arabic. (Laughter) I had to teach Afghan to Jordanian actors. Korean actor Kang Ki-young, who played the role of interpreter Kasim, also had to speak Afghan, so it was difficult to find someone to teach the language in Korea, and he received Afghan language coaching. In addition, Afghan actors who are active in Hollywood were also cast, but there were multiple high schools such as language problems as the multinational actors moved from place to place. 

Since July 2020, you have been filming overseas in Jordan for about two months. Were there any difficulties?

Director Im: Fortunately, Jordan at the time was not in a situation where the COVID-19 pandemic was not severe. It was a time when Korea was attracting attention from the world for K quarantine. To say I was lucky, Jordan started to get worse as soon as I came to Korea after filming. Since I had visited Jordan three times in advance, I was not so unfamiliar with the country of Jordan when I started filming. There are a lot of staff who have a good understanding of movies and are fluent in English, probably because a lot of Hollywood movies were shot in Jordan. The filming infrastructure was well equipped. It was also one of the safest regions in the Middle East, and geographically similar to Afghanistan, so Jordan was chosen as an overseas location. What bothered us was the weather. It was supposed to be filmed in a desert area in the Middle East in midsummer, and when I was in the car, the thermometer read 53 degrees. The locals in Jordan terrified me that if we filmed in the desert in August, we would all collapse in the heat. When filming started, none of the Korean staff had collapsed, and if someone said they had collapsed, it was a Jordanian staff. Korean people are so toxic. (Laughs) The overseas location for Corona, language, temperature, and food wasn't easy, but I'm glad I came back safely after finishing the scheduled filming. It's a bit disappointing that I didn't actually film it in Afghanistan. 

It is a film with a net production cost of 14 billion won. Until now, in Korea, a female director has never directed a movie with a production cost of 10 billion won.

Director Im: When I was first offered the project, I thought that the production cost would exceed 10 billion won because it had to be filmed overseas. Overseas filming will be held in an unfamiliar place rather than a familiar country, and there were concerns about the Corona 19 issue. But there was such a belief. Although it is not a typical action blockbuster, it was invested in this work, good actors were attached, and talented staff participated. Through this process, it seems that this scenario has power, and on the contrary, I was confirmed the power of the scenario. So far, director Lee Eon-hee has made commercial films such as <Detective: Returns> and director Um Yuna has made commercial films such as <Malmoi>, but there has been no female director who has directed an action blockbuster genre worth 10 billion won, and it is true that this fact came as a burden. There was pressure that <Negotiation> should go well, but filming abroad has been safely completed, and luck seems to be with me so far. You must have some luck left for the opening. (Laughs) 

Coincidentally, as the Taliban took control of Afghanistan last year, news about Afghanistan appeared frequently in Korean news. 

Director Im: It was before the Taliban came to power when we were shooting the film. When the operation to escape the capital of Kabul was urgently taking place, it was very cinematic that the Afghan Minister of the Interior said, “I will bring the Afghans who helped Korea” to Korea and kept that promise. In the past, the Taliban and Afghanistan seemed vague and unfamiliar, but after the recent incident, I wonder if the story of <The Point Men> will come closer to reality. 

How would you like the audience to see <The Point Men> ?

Director Im: Scenery, people, or situations in the movie may be unfamiliar, but you will find beauty in unfamiliar things and universal things in exotic things. Religious extremism is the beginning of the story, but you can think of universal, common sense, and precious values in it. 

What are your plans for your next project? 

Director Im: There is one thing we are working on at the end of the scenario. It's an animal movie, and it's a dolphin story. I just come and go From the countryside to the desert, from the desert to the sea. (laugh)

Written by: Lee Joo-hyun Photo: Baek Jong-heon

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/140/0000046371

[Recommended Movies to Watch at Home] Spider-Man Homecoming, Far From Home, Confidential Assignment…

2022.01.30 19:37

Reporter Han Sang-hyung | LECTURER NEWS

[Korea Instructor Newspaper Correspondent Han Sang-hyung] 

We will introduce the movies that will be broadcast on the screen on the 31st (Mon), OCN, OCN Movies, OCN Thrills.

[OCN Movies Schedule] 31st (Mon) 1:50 <Tomb Raider>, 3:50 <Namhansanseong>, 6:20 <Hood>, 8:20 <Confidential Assignment>, 10:50 <#I.M Here>, … is broadcast.

D88-A7-E88-C3-CB-403-B-A731-E9-CAF6-F895

<Confidential Assignment>

Confidential Assignment, directed by Kim Seong-hoon, was released on January 18, 2017 and features Hyun Bin, Hae Hae-jin, Kim Joo-hyuk, Jang Young-nam, Lee Dong-hwi, Yoona, Gong Gong-hwan, Lee Hae-young, Park Min-ha, Jeon Guk-hwan, Eom Hyo-seop, Lee Yi-kyung, Shin Hyun-bin, Park Jin-woo. , Park Hyung-soo, supporting role, and rating information, it received a viewer rating of 8.83 and a netizen rating of 8.27, and is a 125-minute action movie with a cumulative audience of 7,817,654.

The movie <Confidential Assignment> is about Rim Cheol-ryeong (Hyun Bin), a North Korean detective from an elite special forces unit who lost his wife and colleagues during an operation by an internal organization trying to steal a copper plate of counterfeit banknotes secretly produced, and Kang Jin-tae, a South Korean detective. ' (Yoo Hae-jin) is a work that deals with the activities of the plot.

North Korea, having to find the copper plate, requests the first inter-Korean joint investigation in history to catch 'Cha Ki-seong' (Kim Joo-hyuk), the leader of the organization hiding in South Korea, and dispatches Cheol-ryeong to Seoul as the right person. On the other hand, South Korea, which is suspicious of North Korea's intentions, first plans an operation to catch the next character, and instructs 'Kang Jin-tae' (Yoo Hae-jin), a livelihood detective who is on suspension, to closely monitor Cheol-ryeong, who is disguised as a cooperative investigation.

Cheol-ryeong has to complete the mission and Jin-tae has to stop the mission. The time allotted to them is only three days, and the unpredictable cooperative investigation between North and South detectives who cannot form a team begins.

http://www.lecturernews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=88507

Hyun Bin is ranked 31st place in Movie Actor Brand for January 2022.  This movie actor brand reputation survey is from December 31, 2021 to January 31, 2022 conducted by  Korean Cooperate Reputation Research Institute. 

http://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=82422

780-AB1-BF-18-CF-4618-AA1-E-37-E016-C27-

Hyun Bin Seollal 2021 Greetings and look forward to his coming 2022’s

•  2022.01.30 19:37
  • Love 2

Hyun Bin 2022 Seollal Greetings!!

Vast uploaded Fortune Cookie time with Hyun Bin who makes even twigs tremble!   

”2022 has come.  If there are things you couldn’t accomplished last year,  I hope you will fulfil all of them this year.   I wish it becomes a more peaceful and enjoyable year.  Have a lot of luck through the New Year!”~ Hyun Bin

HAPPY ROARING SEOLLAL!!

:yay:

5-E5-D599-F-6-B1-B-40-DE-8-E49-23-AA36-A

The Fortune Cookie message he picked…

“Hope you collect good days and it becomes a good life”

”If I spend each day good it will be a good life right?” ~ Hyun Bin

• Love 2

Here Are The 7 Must-Watch Shows If You Are Into Zombies And K-Dramas

These are some of the best the zombie genre has to offer!

It’s no secret that if you want to find a good zombie show these days, K-Dramas are one of the first places you should look. With incredibly successful movies and shows such as 2016’s Train To Busan and Netflix‘s Kingdom, zombie K-Dramas are some of the very best the zombie genre has to offer.

Here are 7 of the best Korean zombie shows and movies for you to get your thrill on!

5. Rampant (2018)

This gem is similar to Kingdom with its Joseon period setting, but it actually predates it. It follows the exiled Prince Lee Chung, played by Crash Landing On You‘s Hyun Bin, who returns home with the help of his brother and heir to the throne Prince Lee Young to face both a political coup and a zombie plague that sends the kingdom into chaos.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.mydramalist.com%2FndX

Poster for Rampant | IMDb

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Love 1

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

Hyun Bin, Valentine's Day Tom Ford Beauty Perfume Campaign "Three-Color Charm"

2022.02.01 09:10

Reporter Yong Won-jung | SINGLE LIST 

•  Reporter Yong Won-jung 

On February 1st, high-end beauty brand Tom Ford Beauty unveiled a gift campaign with the concept of 'Private Rose Garden' with actor Hyun Bin, the brand's first Asia Pacific Perfume Atache.

51-C0-E4-A9-90-DA-44-BF-9903-8-F3-C5-A61

In the campaign released ahead of Valentine's Day, Hyun Bin is exuding dandy charisma by perfectly digesting the classic white shirt as if to announce that a new season has arrived.

Tom Ford Beauty Perfume, which is officially released on February 1st, is Rose de Amalfi (floral musk), Rose de Chine (floral amber), and Rose de Lucy (floral leather). fragrance is presented.

The new, genderless rose fragrance for both men and women is expected to be a special gift for lovers and loved ones. You can meet them at the official online and offline department store stores and the Kakao Gift Channel, as well as pop-up stores at The Hyundai Seoul (February 3-6) and Galleria Time World (February 17-20).

0-C2-E135-B-FC8-A-44-F3-B72-A-D75-C1-C99

The video campaign to be released along with Hyun Bin's pictorial can be found on the official Tom Ford Beauty SNS channel and Kakao Talk Plus friend channel on February 1.

Photo = Tom Ford Beauty

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=329467

Hyun Bin for Tom Ford Private Rose Garden campaign ad [Rose De Russie | Rose D’amalfi | Rose De Chine] uploaded on Japan Tom Ford Line Voom

https://linevoom.line.me/user/_dZEgVuQ9Mk1nC-o3G86bdsKRcp4EfECyzNZhYTs

The campaign ad video also uploaded on GQ Korea, Vogue Korea, W Korea Official IG 

35-D6691-F-8-F19-4-C15-BA91-9-B7171-CC65

F55-B223-C-51-FC-4-F35-8223-CBDD85-AAD46
  • Love 2

[Star research] 
I miss Hyun Bin, 'Confidential Assignment 2' → 'The Point Men'...Ten day notice

2022.02.01. 11:02 am

0003025403_001_20220201110201312.jpg?type=w430

Actor Hyun Bin is posing at the '7th 2020 APAN STAR AWARDS', which was broadcast live online on the afternoon of the 23rd. /Photo Credit=2020 APAN AWARDS Organizing Committee /Photo=Reporter Lee Dong-hoon

[Reporter Mihwa Kim | STAR NEWS]

Actor Hyun Bin will meet the audience in various forms in 2022. 

Hyun Bin is back with the movie 'Confidential Assignment 2: International' after 4 years since 'Rampage' in 2018. 'Confidential Assignment 2: International’ is a North Korean detective named Im Cheol-ryeong (Hyun Bin) sent to South Korea to pursue a brutal and sophisticated criminal organization, and a South Korean detective named Kang Jin-tae (Yoo Hae-jin), who volunteers to be a partner to return to the Kwangsu University. Even Jack (Daniel Henney), it depicts an unpredictable global cooperative investigation between North and South American detectives united for their own purpose. 

While 'Confidential Assignment', which was released in 2017, received a lot of love, it is the sequel to the audience after 5 years. Hyun Bin, who showed a perfect action performance in 'Cooperation' at the time, is expected to deliver joy to the audience by playing the role of Rim Cheol-ryeong again this time. 

'The Point Men', which was filmed at an overseas location in Jordan with Hwang Jung-min through the corona virus, is also preparing for release this year. 'The Point Men' is a work about the rescue of abductees based on the abduction of a Korean in the Middle East. Director Im Soon-rye, who directed 'The Best Moment of Our Life' and 'Little Forest,' took the megaphone. Hyun Bin will play the role of Dae-shik, an employee of the National Intelligence Service (NIS) working in the Middle East, and will show chemistry with Hwang Jung-min, who plays Jae-ho, an employee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who negotiates with the Taliban. 

After the end of tvN's 'Crash Landing on You' last year, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin started dating publicly and are attracting attention from the public. It is noteworthy that Hyun Bin, who is going to wear clothes for the first time since the release of the devotees, will show each of the two films. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0003025403?lfrom=twitter

20 Korean Celebrities Who Look Even More Gorgeous In Real Life

#6 will amaze you with their beauty.

If you thought these actors and actresses look stunning on the screen, just wait until you see them in real life! Check out 20 male and female Korean celebrities who will blow your mind with their “IRL” visuals below.

20. Hyun Bin

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bP2slEXJ09th7JXR5IP_jGFdAOzoKAiBDRfr5tMVTNuf1yBDfHBtvJcXQ9PuMJQuSNOrOLTztVyHQfvmEEysuiEbir85X0jvl6wgArFf1AcYKw=w380-nu-rh-e365

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Blob 1

Hyun Bin 2019 smash hit drama <Crash Landing On You> is also on Netflix JAPAN #3 today 02/01.  

tvN Drama runs <Crash Landing On You> marathon in Korea few days ago  01/29 & 01/30  and ppl be rewatching CLOY  in both TV & Netflix:)