[Variety] Voice Of Korea | 보이스 코리아

Guest Yoyo

Guest dreamy21

Remember the first girl in the battle round? I think her name was Hwang Yerin. I hope she gets picked up by a good music comp. She has kpop idol looks yet an outstanding voice. King Kong and her were both amazing. ! So sad that they hadto battle each other yet so happy that they got to sing together. I'm thinking that they could be a good duo group .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kimmyrout

Wowowowow! The performances this week were terrific!

I'm blown away every single week - the contestants are just too good to be true.

Remember the first girl in the battle round? I think her name was Hwang Yerin. I hope she gets picked up by a good music comp. She has kpop idol looks yet an outstanding voice. King Kong and her were both amazing. ! So sad that they hadto battle each other yet so happy that they got to sing together. I'm thinking that they could be a good duo group .

I wanted to like her, but she seems a bit... judgmental. I didn't like how she underestimated Jang Jae Ho and basically made stink faces around him. She has a good voice, but the battle was like comparing 3-day-old McDonald's to a fancy $500 full course meal on a private tropical cruise ship with air-conditioning.

So... this ep... :s

Nam Il kinda looks like Jung Joon Ha. :x I dunno how Suh Hyuk Shin even made it to the battle round... Hurrrrrlbeat.

Huh Gong still hasn't impressed me. :I

This ep was just OK, but I liked Jang Jung Woo's performance. He has a really nice voice, but it's really 'typical' if you get what I mean.

Wow, I'm so negative in this post. :P

I remember her for the scene where they asked contestants of Shin Seung Hoon's group of who they think are the stronger and weaker members. Majority of the ones asked picked Jang Jae Ho as the strongest, but when Yerin was asked the question she picked Sam Ku as the strongest (LOL) and Jae Ho as the weakest. I shook my head when she said that and laughed out loud when the producers paired her up with Jae Ho. They had a lovely duet, but it's mostly because Jae Ho was just too good and she just complimented him as the female voice.

Some of the behind the scenes are really good. Did you anybody remember the cattiness between Jo Ji Eun and Shin Ji Hyun? I think they were the only duo that openly did not like each other. XD

So I finally found episode seven on youtube..

Wow, I'm so negative in this post. :P

^ Tsk. You're one negative bug! But I also disliked her because she underestimated Jaeho a lot, it's called the voice for godsake so I don't understand why she was being so judgmental about his looks and making those stink faces.

The battle rounds in episode seven were amazing. My favorite has to be the battle round of Lee Woong Hee vs Jeong Seung Won - Man Should Laugh. I liked them both from the beginning and I was really sad to see them paired together. Jung Seong Won's voice matched the song better in my opinion but I thought Lee Woong Hee did an incredible job as well. Ah, so bummed to see Woong Hee go home.

The Hurlbeats (I thought I was the only one who noticed that ahahs) Heartbeat performance was amusing LOL, I loved what they did during the middle rap ahahs. It was funny and even though it's quite obvious, I was still really happy Nam Il won the round.

I really like the song 니가 있어야 할 곳 so I was expecting a lot from that battle round and I thought it turned out great. I didn't think it was super amazing or anything but I did think Kim Min Jung did better :/ But it was kind of obvious Huh Gong would win....

On the other hand, I'm really excited to see Geun Suk Bae's battle round! I wonder which Big Bang song it is....? Kinda hoping they'd cover Tonight..

Guest kimmyrout

when Yerin was asked the question she picked Sam Ku as the strongest (LOL) and Jae Ho as the weakest.

Haha didn't realize I wasn't the only one who thought this girl was snotty! Why do I feel like she picked Sam as the contestant she wanted to be paired up with because of all the pretty? So superficial. -_-

My fav performances from last week's episode:

나들이 vs 이소정 (한영애-코뿔소)

I like 이소정's voice more, but I have to admit that 나들이 pulled off this song better, in my opinion. This was another case where I wish both contestants could have gone on to the next round.

정나현 vs 김지훈 (조규찬-따뜻했던 커피조차도) I wasn't sure how I felt about this pairing/song at first, but it's grown on me.

I wonder which Big Bang song it is....? Kinda hoping they'd cover Tonight..

Me too! I think '하루 하루' would be a really obvious choice since it's been covered to death already.

My fav performances from last week's episode:

나들이 vs 이소정 (한영애-코뿔소)

I like 이소정's voice more, but I have to admit that 나들이 pulled off this song better, in my opinion. This was another case where I wish both contestants could have gone on to the next round.

that was my favorite performance last week as well. Both singers had killer auditions and their performance was magic, but I think the difference was that Na Deul Yi just had the better high notes in the performance imo. I think she's becoming one of the favorites considering her audition has the 4th highest views on YouTube.

I can't wait to hear Geun Suk Bae's Big Bang performance this week! :w00t:

Screen cap of the top 24 contestants and the teams.

298q6a.jpg

34istg0.jpg

sq1k54.jpg

352onm0.jpg

347k74x.jpg

episode eight

I actually liked the majority of the performances this week. It's funny how almost all the songs were from idols and I feel bad for the performances that didn't sing an idol song because it looked like it was cut. My personal favorite for this episode would have to be the cover of Baek Jiyoung's Don't Forget. Both singers definitely delivered and I couldn't decide which was better. The performance was just amazing.

The Hoot performance was also really good. I really liked their harmony and the rock vibe of the performance. Lol at Kangta's face halfway into the performance hehe.

Ah, I had a feeling they'd cover 'Lies' lolol. Geun Suk Bae was okay and I was really happy he was chosen even though I really liked his partner as well because of his Itaewon Freedom audition.

My favorite performance this week was Hoot. When I found out that the two ladies were going to perform the song, my initial reaction was "but this song has NOTHING to work with!" Because of this mindset, I was completely blown away by their performance.

I was disappointed with Geun Suk Bae's performance. I noticed the show cut off or lowered the volume on a lot of the high notes by both contestants. I was surprised that after the performance Kangta revealed that he felt he didn't do a good job coaching the two singers. It's really admirable of him to admit that.

Now that the blind audition and battle are over. Here's my top five (in my opinion only!)

1. Ha Eh Na

2. Yoari

3. Lee So Jung

4. Lee Euna

5. Son Sung Yun

I think one of these five will win the competition. However, I will be rooting for Jang Jae Ho to win :P

Guest kimmyrout

Finally got around to watching the most recent episode.

^ 'Hoot' was my favorite performance also - the arrangement of the song was nicely done , and the two ladies pulled it off quite well. And yes, Kangta's WTF face was priceless! Haha.

'Lies' fell a little short of my expectations - Bae Geun-suk's vocals were all over the place. That said, I'm glad he made it through, though I really liked the Itaewon Freedom audition too.

Guest dae5ung

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Shin Choi got eliminated...I was rooting for her too, and something about Ha YeNa just puts me off..

fury.gif

I just caught up with the latest episode and there are so many amazing performances. It's a pity to see Sam go like that and I also thought it would have been better if he chose another song. Sigh...

Guest mgyfever

Shin Seung Hoon's team is soo strong. Felt bad for Lee Eun Ah. Had she been on any other team, she would have made it to the next round or even further. But I'm glad that people voted to keep Jang Jae Ho on the show even if his performance wasn't his best. I could tell something was wrong with his voice even before the MC said he had a throat infection or somthing. If he's healthy, I think he could go very far.

Guest mgyfever

Love blossoms on singing-survival show

19172132.jpg

Mnet announced that two contestants from its singing-survival program “Voice of Korea” have found love on the show.

A  representative from the cable network told local media on April 19 that  contestants Park Tae-young and Shin Ji-hyun were indeed dating.

“The staff members knew early on and Baek Ji-young, their mentor, no doubt knows about it too.”

The  two are both 21-years old and became close after being placed in Baek’s  team. Although Shin was disqualified on April 6, Park is still in the  rounds, having secured a favored vote from his coach and mentor Baek.

Park will compete against three other contestants on the show, which will air on April 20.

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

cr: joongangdaily

Archived