[Variety] Shinhwa Broadcast

Guest shaghayegh_song

I didn't say being competitive is rude,that's not what I meant ;)
doesn't Andy hate being called kiwi prince? Andy was so nice to Shinee,they shouldn't have repeated that "kiwi prince" thing over and over
and why was Shinee chosen as the winner in the pre-games ?so scripted ! Honestly sometimes Shinhwa members are too nice that it pisses me off

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I want Shinhwa to be winner in everything, SHINee are the guest in their show.

IF it was pre-scripted that SHINee be the winner, I think it's due to Korean culture being "polite" to the guests.

Like I mentioned before, almost all the shows, if much elder guests are in it, they make it that their elder guest wins the prizes out of respect.

If Shinhwa was a guest in someone else's show, same thing would happen.  Whether they deserve it or not, they are the guests so out of respect, they would declare Shinhwa as winners.  Can't remember now (old age....losing memory) but didn't that happen with one of the show Shinhwas was guested?  It's the show where older gentlemen were the hosts?

Anyway.....actually I don't want old idols coming to their show especially H.O.T. (sorry H.O.T. fans).  Everytime members of H.O.T. appears with Shinhwa members in variety, Shinhwa members don't get to talk because members of H.O.T. talks too much.  Maybe they are trying to promote themselves...but it really irritates me when I see H.O.T. members with Shinhwa members.  Sorry...again just my opinion.

I think it'll be fun to see them do outdoor camping....like do everything using nature....such as creating fire by collecting woods, making beds using leaves? fishing using poles or use their hands?  LOL!  I can imagine all their bickering as to which was is the right way of doing it.

P.S.  Dongwan was especially handsome in Ep. 12 with his new hair style!  LOL!

Guest battleuphoria

i have finished watching episode 12 with shinee. i was actually laughing so much at this episode because of naturally, shinhwa's attack on each other especially on jinnie and minwoo's attacks on hyesung's MC skills. it's fun that hyesung got to host this episode and we saw how much shinhwa can be very playful. it's also very funny that shinhwa became chaotic during the high pitch tone contest. haha andy's and eric's sudden outburst was actually very very funny, i almost rolled on the floor due to laughter - luckily i'm on my bed so i could just roll in the bed. as for the jumping competition, i am actually very proud of junjin. at his age, he could still jump that high - 220/230. this game reminded me of the xman germany special. i remember he could do past 260 before, during his younger years. now at his age and the various injuries he have gathered over the years, he's still good! minho is very much younger than him, and his competitiveness didn't bother me as well because jinnie was like that during xman days. although i was quite disappointed that minho didn't accept jinnie's hug and was a bit 'disrespectful' towards jin during that part of the game but that's just it. i still enjoyed the episode so much! i hope episode 13 will be the same!

Much as I want Shinhwa to be winner in everything, SHINee are the guest in their show.

IF it was pre-scripted that SHINee be the winner, I think it's due to Korean culture being "polite" to the guests.

Like I mentioned before, almost all the shows, if much elder guests are in it, they make it that their elder guest wins the prizes out of respect.

If Shinhwa was a guest in someone else's show, same thing would happen.  Whether they deserve it or not, they are the guests so out of respect, they would declare Shinhwa as winners.  Can't remember now (old age....losing memory) but didn't that happen with one of the show Shinhwas was guested?  It's the show where older gentlemen were the hosts?

Anyway.....actually I don't want old idols coming to their show especially H.O.T. (sorry H.O.T. fans).  Everytime members of H.O.T. appears with Shinhwa members in variety, Shinhwa members don't get to talk because members of H.O.T. talks too much.  Maybe they are trying to promote themselves...but it really irritates me when I see H.O.T. members with Shinhwa members.  Sorry...again just my opinion.

I think it'll be fun to see them do outdoor camping....like do everything using nature....such as creating fire by collecting woods, making beds using leaves? fishing using poles or use their hands?  LOL!  I can imagine all their bickering as to which was is the right way of doing it.

P.S.  Dongwan was especially handsome in Ep. 12 with his new hair style!  LOL!

By the way, this is off topic but anyone watching A Gentleman's Dignity?  Those four men in their 40s reminded me of Shinhwa.  All 4 are professionals (lawyer, contractor, architect, coffee shop owner) but when they are together they become goofy and becomes "little boys" just like Shinhwa. Maybe that is why I like this drama so much.  I watched IY2 with Andy this part weekend and he was so quiet and acting like "senior" unlike when he is with his members!

Do we have any hints as to what kind of show Shinhwa will be doing after SHINee?

On the other hand, I'm glad the first idol group on Shinhwa broadcast was Shinee. From what I've seen of them in interviews/shows, their reactions are rather genuine; they seem a bit removed to what is going on in the kpop world and if they don't know about you, they would say so. If they are laughing, they are genuinely amused with Shinhwa's antics lol I personally find that better than having guests who know too-well what to say on variety shows. I like that Shinee doesn't really know what to say on variety shows, it makes the things Shinhwa can bring out in them more surprising, which is better than the stereotypical jokes that are sure to show with variety veterans. Performance-wise, of all SM  groups, their presence is the most similar to Shinhwa.

That said, rather than disrespectful (and it may be the editing), the way Minho bore his 'competitiveness' did make the atmosphere and almost painfully tense in not very good way ^^; I'm sure he will learn. Possibly from his Shinhwa hyungs, who are as competitive as they come?

And unless it's SES, some Click-B members, NRG or maybe Fin.k.l., tbh, I kinda feel the same way as mommie Alice about members of the more famous old idol groups coming on to the show ^^;

I don't know why, but I think if they did an episode of real job interviews of Shinhwa for various jobs, it would be hilarious. It's cost-efficient-ish?

I would also like to add that I think Jinnie probably would've make 2.50m if he tried it from the start, rather than after he was all tired; more endurance than lack of ability? The man does not know when to conserve his energy lol

@shelby i'm not even a Shinee fan. dont really know them until this SB episode except Jonghyun because he had mentioned about Hyesung in his tweet before.but,i agree that they are is very competitive, but thats how young people usually are. have hot blood.:)  tbh, he just remind me of Jinnie in early days. he's so competitive. not only in sport. but, in everything, even in talking. haha. just look at him in Win win episode. so much war with Kim Gura. lol and in Xman days. even when he against women in games, he have no mercy lol but, thats make our Jinnie special. :D eventhough Jinnie loose in this game, he still doing awesome! in his 30s, he still can pass 220 m!!! Jinnie can do better last time.it will be fair play if the two of them in same age. Xman Germany will remain as my Jinnie's victorious day when he broke world record for Horse jump <3 
i hope in ep 14, no guest will be invited. one hour of Shinhwa alone is not enough :D 

Guest rose_liana

Jinnie's childhood milk story? what is that? cant you tell me? :)
Andy Threatens to Make Shinhwa Fall
The youngest member of legendary group Shinhwa has betrayed his members by becoming one with SHINee. 
Airing on June 9 jTBC’s Shinhwa Broadcast will continue the second part of‘Guest Channel: Shinhwa VS SHINee,’ where the two groups compete against each other in a battle of random games. The winning team in each round is allowed to steal a member from the opposite team. 
http://upload.enewsworld.net/News/Contents/78619826.jpg
http://upload.enewsworld.net/News/Contents/78619826.jpg
On the June 2 episode of the special, Shinhwa, after winning a badminton game, adopted SHINee’s Taemin into the Orange Team. 
Likewise, after SHINee won the vault horse leaping competition, the Pearl Team took Andy, who ecastatically left his group of 14 years. 
Planned next for this fierce competition is the chicken fight game, where players must hop on one foot and try to knock the other players down. 
As each team gathered around to create a strategy, Andy shouted to his ex-members, “I’m going to make all of Shinhwa fall by myself!” 
Did Andy manage to completely betray his brothers? Find out on June 9. 
Photo Credit: jTBC + enewsworld
HAHA our makne look like he suffer a lot with the hyungs :D he want to take revenge lol so cute!

Maybe because H.O.T is their senior and I think Moon Heejoon is funny so I don't really mind that they're kind of quiet when they're on show together... but now that you guys mention it, I understand what you're saying.  This is Shinhwa show so the audience are mostly Shinhwa fans and naturally we want more Shinhwa presence on it.
Dongwan is always handsome but yes he's super shiny in episode 12.  The hairdo and that simple red shirt complements him really well   8->

Guest shaghayegh_song

H.O.T members talk way too much,specially Heejun but I think Kim Taewoo and Son Hoyoung are ok,I really want to see them on Shinhwa broadcast

Guest rose_liana

Ihjj i think i remember that story..our Jinnie haha so cute! but, tho Jinnie looks so competitive but he's so friendly with other people. and i always think, he looks so tough outside, but inside he's the baby :D 

I would love to see Kangta on, only to tease Eric (aww I feel awful saying that) but need to stir RicSung up a bit right? ;)

On another note, Se7eN should also make an appearance. He's like the 7th member of Shinhwa and them together is hilarious. :D

Archived