Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

April 1, 2015
Choi Ji-woo at VIP preview of 'Salute D'Amour'
Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net
photo580490.jpg
On April 1st, Choi Ji-woo is walking away after she posed for the reporters at the VIP preview of "Salute D'Amour", which took place at Yeongdeungpo CGV, Seoul.
Movie "Salute D'Amour" is a heartwarming family story depicting a series of events that starts happening to grumpy old man Seong-chil after he met Geum-nim (Yoon Yeo-jeong).
Director Kang Je-gyu of "Shiri" and 'Taegukgi' was in charge of the film. The movie with the star-studded cast including Park Geun-hyeong, Yoon Yeo-jeong, Jo Jin-woong, Han Ji-min, Hwang Woo-seul-hye, Moon Ga-yeong, EXO member Chanyeol will be released in April.
thumb_1j7r5201504020857102711.jpg
thumb_egkln201504020858035780.jpg
03.9772438.1.jpg

• Like 1

so so excited and happy for this... I still got to wait for Channel M to air the subbed videos to this highlight review is awesome...Thank you so much to SAB!!! you are heaven sent even with recapss/review with 3 Meals shows..But I am most happy about recaps for this show...

Grandpas Over Flowers (Greece) (ep1): Highlights
Whee, the halbaes are back after a year-long hiatus for another trip. This time to Greece, Land of the Fabled Greek Gods…and with not one, but two porters in tow.
gofg2.jpg?w=560&h=420

1. The pre-trip preparations
As usual, Na PD gathers the crew, the halbaes and Seo-jinnie for a work lunch, to brief them on the upcoming trip. Although the location has yet to be disclosed, Shin-gu halbae makes a really calculated guess for Greece as their next destination. Bingo. With a stopover in Dubai, much to the halbaes’ delight. (Seo-jinnie as usual, looks baleful)
But what is even more spine tingling is Baek Il-sub halbae’s off the cuff comment that Na PD “must have invited someone else” on this trip; based on experience, there’s “always a surprise” before the start of each trip. (flashbacks to the France’s trip, with Lee Seo-jin‘s “surprise” job as menial labourer, Taiwan trip, with Sunny Lee as Seo-jinnie’s surprise, Spain trip with the nasty cheat-the-old-man-of-his-hard-earned-money trick on Lee Soon-jae halbae)
gofg5.jpg?w=560&h=429

Even Na PD is thrown off by Il-sub halbae’s comment — cos a week earlier, he had juz met with Choi Ji-woo. She is to be the surprise guest for the Greece trip. Ji-woo unnie is rather game for the trip, priding herself on her organisation skills, her athletic abilities…generally, she sees the trip as not a “working trip” but a rather “fun” one. And cue the editing crew to show us snippets of future scenes where the exact opposite happens. I hope Ji-woo unnie doesn’t regret tagging along when she returns.
gofg8.jpg?w=560&h=382

As homework, Ji-woo unnie gets to book the hotel stay in Dubai…and given that it’s Dubai (read: extremely expensive place to stay), it’s really difficult to book a nice hotel for the 3 nights they are staying there. But she manages to get a rather reasonably priced hotel, near the airport and very near the metro. (but…is a good deal really that good?)
2. Ms. Choi Mi-hyang
And so everyone packs for the trip, and Seo-jinnie gives up halfway throwing stuff into his luggage. (lol, poor chap) Ji-woo unnie…erm, kinda overpacked? Anyway, D-Day rolls around and everyone meets at the airport. Na PD pretends to pass Seo-jinnie the boarding passes for distribution…and Seo-jinnie ends up with an extra ticket, for a Ms. Choi Mi-hyang. He looks puzzled for a while and Na PD explains it’s their “Dubai tour guide”.
 gofg13.jpg?w=560At the same time, our “Dubai tour guide” arrives at Incheon Airport, and sneaks up to the halbaes. Yep, Choi Mi-hyang = Choi Ji-woo. The former is her registered name, the latter, her stage name. And I don’t need to emphasise how happy the halbaes and in particular, our Original Porterboy (aka Seo-jinnie) are, with the new (and very beautiful) helper.
gofg6.jpg?w=560&h=388

On the plane, Ji-woo unnie passes around Kao’s Megu-rhythem hot steam eye masks (offhand: they are really nice to use, i swear by them) for the halbaes to ease their fatigue for the 10h flight to Dubai. See, having a woman in the group is so different. While the men zzz, Ji-woo unnie polishes up her English, and memorises the entire route from airport to hotel.

read full: https://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2015/04/02/grandpas-over-flowers-greece-ep1-highlights/

• Like 2

April 2, 2015
Hit Travel Reality Series 'Grandpas Over Flowers' Takes On Greece, premiering Top Rated with Addition of Choi Ji-woo
Source: Hancinema.net photo580643.jpg
CJ E&M's primetime travel reality has returned for a fourth season, with a title 'Grandpas over Flowers in Greece'. Premiered on March 27 in Korea, the program took the night's top ratings, reaching an average viewership of 10% with the highest at 12.5%. In this installment, the usual quartet of seasoned actors travels around Greece with actor Lee Seo-jin who gets some help this time from actress Choi Ji-woo, who is most well-known throughout Asia for her work in television drama Winter Sonata. The first episode features beautiful scenery of Dubai, the UAE, a stop-over to Greece, and the two helpers' cute squabble over budget.
photo580642.jpg
At a press conference, held in southern Seoul on March 24, Choi Ji-woo noted, "Lee Seo-jin nagged about my spending during our trip. I strongly disagree and hope to hear from viewers what they think after watching the show (laugh)". Initially aired in 2013, Grandpas over Flowers is a travel-themed reality show, starring veteran actors in their 70's who visit various destinations, accompanied by a popular young Korean actor. The show has received stellar reviews from fans and critics alike for its amusing portrayals of inter-generational interaction and the new kind of leisure being explored by many adventurous elderly. Grandpas over Flowers in Greece airs on tvN, Fridays at 9:30 PM (KST).

• Like 2

Guest kyung-jin

12 Throwback photos of Korean celebrities in their school uniforms

by whatadrama on Thu, Apr 02, 2015

Don't you wish you went to school in Korea just so you could wear adorable school uniforms? We do. We vicariously live that dream watching actors in school uniforms in dramas. (See full list of those dramas) This time, we wanted to show you how our favorite celebrities looked in their school years and tell you a little bit about their old days. Take a look!

10. Choi Ji Woo

B20150216135901743_sxx0zMB.jpg

Choi Ji Woo debuted with the 1997 First Love and rose to a stardom with the 2002 melodrama Winter Sonata. The drama's popularity in Japan gave her the nickname Jiwoo hime. The 2003 melodrama Stairway to Heaven was also a hit. After ten years of no commercially or critically successful dramas, she successfully transformed her melodrama heroine character into something new in Suspicious Housekeeper (2013).

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/12-korean-celebrities-in-high-school-uniforms-pictures/

Just finished reading the recap from Dramabean. It's super good !! It's worth the wait !! They ship LSJ and CJW too (with all the halbaes). I think they were right about LSJ liking CJW to the degree that he couldn't really get mad at her and all he could do was laughing it off or biting his tongue. He waited until the last straw before he sat her down and laughingly talked to her about her spending but her "Oppa ... aa !!" won it all. How sweet !!

• Like 2

April 3, 2015
‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ grandpas and Lee Seo Jin went desert ‘All different’
Source: Innolife.com
13919_1.jpg
‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ H4 Lee Soon-Jae, Shin-Gu, Park Geun-Hyung, Baek Il-Sub, and ‘Porters’ Lee Seo-Jin and Choi Ji-Woo went desert tour in Dubai. 
On the Greece episode of tvN ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ which was aired on 3rd, there were H4 and two porters spending the second day in Dubai. 
Baek Il-Sub was overly chatty after the desert race, and Lee Soon-Jae fell into the history lecture at sandy hill. Shin Gu concentrated on sand play alone, and Park Gun-Hyung romantically called his wife, watching the sunset of desert.
Lee Seo-Jin only worried about meals and schedules, without looking scenes of desert, and Choi Ji-Woo always smiled, guiding them to shooting point.
Especially at this broadcast, there was a war of nerve between Lee Seo-Jin, who thinks the cheap lodging is the best, and Choi Ji-Woo, who thinks the most important thing is lodging. 
Meanwhile ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ Greece episode will be aired on every Friday at 9:45. [Photo=tvN]

• Like 2

=D> GOP in Greece each episode is so entertainining! The interaction between the 2 porters are getting more and more interesting :-? I don't really ship CJW & LSJ but watching them having 'couple' bickering over money matters are so hilarious especially when CJW went all ooopppaa and LSJ went all dimpled. In 3 meals and RM, LSJ is very blunt and direct on his remarks...but towards CJW...hmmm..his bluntness went on vacation, I think  =)) We know that CJW is very jovial...watching her in GOP laughing without reservations is such an endearing scenario! Looking at her preparing so many things for this trip endears her even more to the audience, I feel. She really spends time considering the needs of the her companion travelers...now we know why her luggage is so heavy!Through this show, I've come to realise CJW really likes to snack alot too... sigh..yet her figure is still so beautiful. How did she do it? Even though she came back from her trip looking a bit chubbier (must be all those snacking).. she's still beautiful!She's recently taken on a new CM..so exciting!

• Like 2

April 4, 2015
‘Grandpas over Flower’ Lee Seo Jin laughs with Choi Ji Woo “Why”
Source: Innolife.com
13930_1.jpg
Lee Seo-Jin and grandpas are into the charms of Choi Ji-Woo in ‘Grandpas over Flower’. On tvN backpack trip project ‘Grandpas over Flower - Greece’ episode 2 broadcast on April 3rd, there was the trip of 2nd day including the Dubai desert tour and how they entered Greece.

Including visiting the mosque that you can feel the hidden beauty of Dubai and gold market, grandpas and two porters visiting the desert for the first time of their lives were broadcast. Choi Ji-Woo worked as a good travel guide with her bright smile and energy. She gave them the travel information she’s prepared, and she made Lee Seo-Jin and grandpas smile with snacks in between. When Lee Seo-Jin was lost in Greece, she overcame the crisis by asking the road herself.
‘Grandpas over Flower’ episode 2 ranked top within cable and newly joined programs with 9.3% of national viewer’s rating. [Photo=tvN ‘Grandpas over Flower’ Greece]

• Like 2

Guest Fdaj7771

Choi ji woo is awesome in GOF. Not afraid to embarrass herself. I can't imagine anyone at her age I could find such bubbly and childlike personality charming...Her "aegyo" ways is adorable. Her ENglish though limited and with a thick KOrean accent , but when she speaks it, I personally find cute. I'm happy that at least she understands English. Hopefully she'll do more polishing and the next trip will be here in the U.S.:)....and I hope she will read the postings here and be happy that she has a lot of supporters outside KOrea....my thanks to the fans ( especially rubie, TIlac, annichoi and a few others) who are regularly posting things about this awesome lady...we readers truly enjoy it...thank you very much for your time!...please keep it up!

@fdaj7771_stv Welcome to uri Ji Woo club !! What can I say ?? Her "aegyo" trumps it all, doesn't it ?? If I were LSJ, not only my dimples flew, I would've melted like ice cream sitting in the sun .. ha ha ! I also find her English very cute. She tried hard and was not shy to tell people to speak slowly. I also like when she fell asleep with her mouth open in the car (preview next ep ??). She was cute and natural there, not an actress. Ah ... I just love her !! I think this GOF shows her as a person and a lot more people grow to like her more and more ... me included  :D

• Like 2

Guest Fdaj7771

Hehehe! Yes, CHoi ji woo's mouth opened. SHe must be so tired! Still very cute! It's nice to see her being herself for a change...I really laughed so hard and keep talking about her even in family conversations. I even showed the Dubai scenery to my father in law who loves to travel & pressured my husband to translate it for me. He did most of it but find it hard to follow without pausing the show. He said jokingly that if NA PD paid him hourly, he might consider doing the translation:)... I hope he won't be too tight and hire someone to do the job...Really, I won't watch GOF Without CJW. I watched her dramas before but I was not as interested as I am now. Her drama Temptation did it. THough her role is not a good woman but her charisma is very obvious. After that, I rewatched her dramas and movies we bought in KOrea a few years ago plus order a few more through Amazon...She's the only KOrean actress that could do it for me....yes, I agree that her interaction with Lee Seo Jin is lovely. I really wish and pray, like the halbaes that all will be well with the two porters...Looking forward to the next GOF....