Why are most Christians who believe and worship god hypocrites?

Guest Gaesekke1

Since God is not visible, the church was created where believers could meet and interact with other Christians.

So if god was visible, believers would not need a church to meet and interact with other christians?

God being visible doesn't seem to have anything to do with church at all then.

Many people like you bash on Christians because of the sex, drugs, etc... You have to realize that the people you are talking about do not actually believe and worship God.  If they actually believed that Jesus died for their sins and rose again, their life would show their faith.  If I had someone that died to save me I would not just shrug it off thinking, "Oh that's cool" and go on just living my life.  From the point I got saved, I would have a totally different view on life which would lead me to live a totally different life.  The people you are talking about are just people who believe with their words.  Or they are misinformed of the whole idea of, "oh I do bad stuff, but I enjoy doing it so I'll just go to church to cancel out my guilt."

So they're not true christians simply because they don't think the way *you* do?

They must act a certain way because *you* think it is the proper way to react?

It saddens me that there are a lot of people with thoughts like yours.. I hope a true Christian in your life will pop up and change your view on us.

How do I know a true christian from a fake?

That's because not every one who claims to be a Christian is.

Then what does it take to be a true christian?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JiN.x

I was born Catholic so it's all I've ever really known. I don't smoke, do drugs/weed etc but I do care about my appearance but then again who doesn't? Appearance is what people look at first and foremost. I have had second thoughts about the Catholic faith because there are some dodgy stuff in there sometimes I even critisise. Like not going to church every week is a sin even when you have something important etc. But the thing is going to church every day is the one thing that makes my parents happy and proud of me.. I don't want to disappoint them. :tears:

..Then again it's my faith so back off? You can't really expect us to be perfect since we're also humans. <_<

Every individual has their own reason of why they are in a particular religion, in my case I was born into it and I don't want to dissappont my parents. you never know.

Because we aren't perfect. No one is. If you know you are very messed up and do all sorts of wrong things, you are already forgiven and you much understand that. God has already forgiven your sins but you need to confess it to Him.

That's why we serve a perfect God who is all knowing and understanding. Our God is different from other religions' god because we have a personal relationship with God.

hmm. don't wanna say too much

Because we aren't perfect. No one is. If you know you are very messed up and do all sorts of wrong things, you are already forgiven and you much understand that. God has already forgiven your sins but you need to confess it to Him.

That's why we serve a perfect God who is all knowing and understanding. Our God is different from other religions' god because we have a personal relationship with God.

hmm. don't wanna say too much

Pretty sure criminals and other evil people are exempt from this wonderful heaven-ticket.

Some people like to believe that "if a criminal REALLY felt it was bad, he'd stop" but there is absolutely no reason to believe that no one is genuinely going out there to kill people because they want to save them.

Just a question.

Everyone knows this kony dude that kidnaps and kill little kids from africa.Lets say he dies today where do you think he will go? heaven or hell?

Everyone will agree that he will go to hell. But God sends him to Heaven !!!

Why is that? Well in his last breath he confessed to a pastor about all his sins and slaugther and regrets doing all those things. VIP pass to heaven

Ironic ending mellow.gif

Pretty sure criminals and other evil people are exempt from this wonderful heaven-ticket.

Some people like to believe that "if a criminal REALLY felt it was bad, he'd stop" but there is absolutely no reason to believe that no one is genuinely going out there to kill people because they want to save them.

No one is exempt from the 'heaven ticket' everyone has a chance to go to heaven, all you need to do is confess your sins and know that youre wrong and ask for forgiveness from God. But not everyone does that.

There have been so many events that criminals in jail have repented and accepted Jesus before they died

No one is exempt from the 'heaven ticket' everyone has a chance to go to heaven, all you need to do is confess your sins and know that youre wrong and ask for forgiveness from God. But not everyone does that.

There have been so many events that criminals in jail have repented and accepted Jesus before they died

So all a criminal has to do to be rid of all of his sins is to just accept jesus?

What the heck, so I live a life of honesty and good-will, whereas the dude next to me has killed, plundered, and massacred entire tribes of peoples and yet gets to enjoy as much great stuff as me?

You think any christian accepts this?

Christians who must force themselves not to give into any sort of sin, like eating sweets after bedtime.

Christians who refuse to accept free money, even if it's free.

If there is no reward to living a disciplined life, then what's the point?

So all a criminal has to do to be rid of all of his sins is to just accept jesus?

What the heck, so I live a life of honesty and good-will, whereas the dude next to me has killed, plundered, and massacred entire tribes of peoples and yet gets to enjoy as much great stuff as me?

You think any christian accepts this?

Christians who must force themselves not to give into any sort of sin, like eating sweets after bedtime.

Christians who refuse to accept free money, even if it's free.

If there is no reward to living a disciplined life, then what's the point?

People don't get into heaven with just good deeds no matter how 'good' you are. Each sin for God is as bad as any sin. Murdering is as bad as lying because a sin is a sin there is no better or worse sin. We all sinned and so we need to ask for forgiveness so we get forgiven it's as simple as that. And you need to believe that Jesus ressurected from the cross after he was crucified and accept him. Once you do that, you'll start to TRY to sin less, but you'll NEVER stop sinning in life. There is no perfect person. A criminal going into heaven because he's a christian doesn't bother me, why should it? I'm a christian and im faaaaaaaaaaaaaar from a perfect person. We all know we're messed up inside but we're forgiven because God is loving. If you live a disciplined life, that's good.

ok, let's put it simply this way

The cost for sin was always death and going to hell, therefore, NO ONE is supposed to go to heaven. That was before Jesus died and people had to sacrifice a lamb whenever they sinned in the olden olden days. After he died, he became the sacrifice for ALL sins and we are all forgiven for past, future, and present sins. But we need to ask forgiveness and just BELIEVE in Him.

Guest deportedkorean

This is gonna sound cheesy but, I love reading the posts by you young Christians that have a great grasp of Christianity and with such faith in the Lord Almighty :). It's refreshing, I see a lot of young "Christians" that go to church merely because their parents go, and they have yet to understand what God has done for them.

^So the consequences of the sin you committed doesn't matter at all?

Of course there are natural consequences on earth eg. Guilt, jail if you committed a crime etc but it won't matter to God once you confess and ask for forgiveness and He'll help you through it and there is no consequence in heaven

Of course there are natural consequences on earth eg. Guilt, jail if you committed a crime etc but it won't matter to God once you confess and ask for forgiveness and He'll help you through it and there is no consequence in heaven

To a christian, going to heaven is all that matters. Naturally, they feel that a couple decades of suffering on a sinful planet is nothing compared to supposed eternal pleasure.

So there really isn't much of a difference if you don't suffer consequences on earth; both the mass murderer and the honest disciplined dude will both achieve eternal pleasure anyways.

To a christian, going to heaven is all that matters. Naturally, they feel that a couple decades of suffering on a sinful planet is nothing compared to supposed eternal pleasure.

So there really isn't much of a difference if you don't suffer consequences on earth; both the mass murderer and the honest disciplined dude will both achieve eternal pleasure anyways.

Ok I'll keep it short

In God's eyes, we are all criminals, even the honest disciplined dude because we all sinned. But he loves us all the same unconditionally

Anyways it's not something easily understood unless you read the bible especially the new testament

And about rewards you mentioned earlier, it's hard to interpret in the bible but it said something like if you accept Jesus and that's it, then you will only get to heaven as 'escaping through the fires' where as if you were the honest disciplined dude, who was genuinely honest and lived out Christ, then you will get rewards in Heaven. I don't completely understand the rewards part yet but that's kind of the main idea. I had this discussion with my bible group and it was a tough topic to be honest

Guest ItsAlexis

reason why I stopped going. I believe in God and call myself a christian but I really dont like going to church.

People hold their heads up high like they're perfect little angels. Ever since I got married and pregnant at the age of 19, people look at me like im filthy.

I was on the praise team, was a leader for awana, did a whole bunch of volunteer

work with them, etc, and now they think im lower than dirt.

But in all

reality, they're not that great either. Lying, drinking, sexin it up..they think

they hide it well cuz they're all rich and hold titles like deacon and such but

really? Hmmm.. 

-_- 

reason why I stopped going. I believe in God and call myself a christian but I really dont like going to church.

People hold their heads up high like they're perfect little angels. Ever since I got married and pregnant at the age of 19, people look at me like im filthy.

I was on the praise team, was a leader for awana, did a whole bunch of volunteer

work with them, etc, and now they think im lower than dirt.

But in all

reality, they're not that great either. Lying, drinking, sexin it up..they think

they hide it well cuz they're all rich and hold titles like deacon and such but

really? Hmmm.. 

-_- 

LOL at the deacons. They somehow ironically are always some sort of problem inside the church. Good thing my family isn't involved there but sorry to hear about the snooty people. That's why I go to church to hear the message but I don't join in those comittees haha

And about rewards you mentioned earlier, it's hard to interpret in the bible but it said something like if you accept Jesus and that's it, then you will only get to heaven as 'escaping through the fires' where as if you were the honest disciplined dude, who was genuinely honest and lived out Christ, then you will get rewards in Heaven. I don't completely understand the rewards part yet but that's kind of the main idea. I had this discussion with my bible group and it was a tough topic to be honest

I guess by "escaping the fires" it means they died suffering in a jail cell or under a guillotine.

I mean, someone that died a peaceful death probably didn't die suffering.

Guest ItsAlexis

LOL at the deacons. They somehow ironically are always some sort of problem inside the church. Good thing my family isn't involved there but sorry to hear about the snooty people. That's why I go to church to hear the message but I don't join in those comittees haha

Right? I tried to go to listen to the message but the stares and whispers are unbearable. And those I thought were my "friends" are strangers to me now. It's definitely not an environment I want my kids to be exposed to. And it's a korean church and my husband is hispanic/native american and I thought they would be welcoming since they're always preaching about how we gotta love all our brothers and sisters and welcome anyone who comes through our doors but all my husband got was neglect. I felt embarrassed and ashamed of my church.. dry.gif

Guest crazy lulu

I guess by "escaping the fires" it means they died suffering in a jail cell or under a guillotine.

I mean, someone that died a peaceful death probably didn't die suffering.

you're evolution to hypnotizing troll is incredible. i know you don't respond to me because you think i'm trolling you. ha. so to everyone else, Mannosuke is not trying to have a serious conversation with any of you. ^^

Guest venus17

it's like that at my school too, we have a bunch of chaldeans or arab-christians whatever you call them, and they all wear rosaries and go to masses three times per week etc, etc, and yet they all are on birth control with their long term bfs, drench themselves in expensive clothing and jeweleries when they go to church (they call it a fashion show because it's that lavish) and they gossip about other people. 

Also since i'm also christian i've known some christian people and they're all like you said, hypocrties - to the point i prefer to hang out with someone without a religion because they're more down to earth and generous. from my point of view, of course.

Archived