[Drama 2012] Dr. Jin 닥터진

Admin

Guest edenlove

Drama ‘Faith’ receives plagiarism accusations

The upcoming SBS drama ‘Faith’ that is planned to air this August is receiving plagiarism accusation about it being too similar to the Japanese manga called ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin.’

Japanese manga ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’ was given production rights to MBC, and the lawyer representing Cross Pictures Production and Lee Kim Production revealed that they will plan to take legal action.

The lawyer stated, “Once the formal contract was made to create a Korean drama version of ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin,’ the production team immediately when into planning, and the issue was raised by both Korean and Japanese readers who have read the original manga.”

In addition, the plot for ‘Faith’ revealed, “A doctor of a modern time goes back in time during the Goryeo dynasty, and finds out the construction of medicine as well as meeting historical figures of the era. The plot was said to be too similar to ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin.’

The lawyer also added, “A contract was made between the Japanese copyright holders and the production team of the Korean drama ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin,’ and because the drama hasn’t been released yet, it is bound to happen that a legal and moral controversy will occur in Japan.

The contract between Cross Pictures & Lee Kim Production and Motoka Murakami, the original writer of the manga, was created on March 2nd. MBC hired a lawyer to ask SBS to submit their original contents of their own drama, but still haven’t heard an official response from SBS.

Cross Picture’s representative Kim Hyun Woo stated, “Although it is still in discussion with the original Japanese publisher about the plot and background of the story for the Korean version of ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin,’ we were shocked to find out about the announcement made by SBS for their upcoming drama ‘Faith,’ and how their plot was also a time slip into the Goryeo Dynasty, and how the main character meets the general as well as other important figures of that time.”

And, “Although we understand the difficulties of obtaining materials from the writers, we’ve never felt so lost for words from an unscrupulous situation like this. If something is not done to prevent it from airing in Korea, the original publisher may take back their work and will only become an embarrassing and upsetting situation for us.”

On the other hand, Kim Hee Sun will be coming back after 6 years on small screen while this will be Lee Min Ho’s first sageuk (historical drama) debut. SBS stated that ‘Faith’ is set to release this August while MBC stated Song Seung Hun and JYJ Kim Jaejoong to be part of the cast.

Original Source: Nate News

Translated By: Solly @ Lee Min Ho’s World

Credit: http://www.leeminhoworld.com/archives/3055

Note: Jin is a Japanese seinen manga written and illustrated by Motoka Murakami, which was featured on Super Jump during its original run from 2000 to 2010.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kiddo214

I can't wait to know the female lead of this drama! :)

Good thing the accusations of plagiarism from Faith has been lifted, both dramas can continue.

Drama Producer Tweets about 'Time Slip Dr. Jin'

[TRANS] HEUNG MAN, JUN: I have come to MBC for ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’ costume fitting. Now it’s the start again…

Credits: JYJ3 + iverates@Twitter

Starlitelet

There will be a female lead but production for 'Time Slip Dr. Jin' is currently in the process of casting a female lead so we will know once the drama starts shooting on April 15th.

Hey Starlitelet, We do have the same tastes it seems. :) I loved Jin  I and II and hope this one does not disappoint as well I was hoping that Dr. Jin goes back to the past and marries that sweet girl but it looks like they are going to really ramp it up and add yet another spin..It looks good I can't wait until it starts.

^

As far as I'm informed there are still no news about the female lead...grrrr...

I'm eagerly ancitipating this drama...cause both male leads are dear to me... :P

I just wish they would tell us the female lead soon...as they should be starting to shoot soon, right?...

I hope it wouldn't take too long to find one or else the schedule is too rushed again... :angry:

Guest timpa

Yea I'm surprised there's been no news about actresses yet... Depending on how much has been changed from the J-drama you could actually see two female leads, although the main lead was the younger actress (mid to early 20s) while the other female character seeing screen time would be closer to the age of Jin.

I actually think Park Min Young would be a great choice for the mid to early 20s female character which Ayase Haruka portrayed in the Jdrama. However, since there's already friction between Jin and Faith and since her ex-boyfriend is the lead actor of Faith I don't think it would happen ;)

Still no airing schedule. :D But JJ has dyed his hair back to black already!

According to speculations... it will replace Feast of a Gods... though nothing confirmed yet (aside from the confirmation that this will not replace Lights and Shadows...)

Guest edenlove

According to speculations... it will replace Feast of a Gods... though nothing confirmed yet (aside from the confirmation that this will not replace Lights and Shadows...)

If it is to replace "Feast of Gods", it means a premiere date as early as end May - don't see how this is possible for Dr Jin which has no full casting announced or shooting done yet.

The news on 10 April talking about extension of "Lights & Shadows" mentioned that Dr Jin is being discussed as its successor: http://news.nate.com/view/20120410n06955

If it is to replace "Feast of Gods", it means a premiere date as early as end May - don't see how this is possible for Dr Jin which has no full casting announced or shooting done yet.

The news on 10 April talking about extension of "Lights & Shadows" mentioned that Dr Jin is being discussed as its successor: http://news.nate.com.../20120410n06955

This is also an April 10 article but it says Golden Time will replace Lights and Shadows... http://news.nate.com/view/20120410n03204

Even the news bureaus are confused! :D

Though try searching Wolhwa dramas 월화드라마 (Mon/Tues drama) in Nate and Daum, you'll see that these site list Golden Time as the next drama after L&S

http://search.nate.com/search/all.html?z=A&s=&tq=&sg=&nq=&sc=&afc=&thr=acus&q=%BF%F9%C8%AD%B5%E5%B6%F3%B8%B6

http://search.daum.net/search?w=tot&t__nil_searchbox=suggest&sug=&q=%BF%F9%C8%AD%B5%E5%B6%F3%B8%B6

What's worse is that there's only one confirmed actor for that drama. ;))

@beyondmonica Tweets About Jaejoong’s Character in Dr. Jin “Kim Kyung Taek”

[TRANS] Kim Kyung Taek is a character that was not in the original [Japanese] JIN so many people are curious about him. I felt very moved reading his description. I think [Kyung Taek] is the birth of a character that has infinite charms and shows the type of love that all female these days crave to have. Also, after seeing the recent costume fitting, the clothes were matched perfectly with the character.  ^^

Source: Beyondmonica’s Twitter I Translated by: Yule of PrinceJJ

Shared by: PrinceJJ + JYJ3

Guest senyae

[Translation] [TV Daily] Lee Beomsoo was cast in ‘Dr. Jin’ and he will form a fantastic lineup with Song Seung-hun and Kim Jaejoong.

_28164149-9.jpg

Actor Lee Beomsoo joined Drama ‘Dr. Jin’ (working title) with leading actors Song Seunghun and Kim Jaejoong.

MBC’s new weekend special project drama ‘Dr. Jin’ (working title) is based on the manga with the same title, which has been published for 10 years, by a Japanese manga artist Murakami Motoka; and it is a novel medical drama, in which the best Korean surgeon in 2012 time slips to Joseon Dynasty in 1860’s and struggle as a doctor.

Song Seunghun will play Jinhyeok, a genius doctor who performs medical practice after 150 years of time slip. JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong will play the best military officer of Joseon Dynasty with outstanding martial arts ability and a descendent of warrior family, Kim Kyungtak.

With them, Lee Beomsoo, who is guaranteed to be a box office hit both on TV and theater, was cast as Lee Haeung and will form a fantastic lineup with Song Seung-hun and Kim Jaejoong.

Lee Haeung, the role Lee Beomsoo plays in ‘Dr. Jin’ (working title), is a soldier of fortune who leads a dissolute life with a group of people who live a wild life while hiding the fact that he is a kindred of the king in order to sustain his life from family of Andong Kim. On acquaintance, he has strong desire for power and ambition and puts his second son Myeongbok to the throne.

He is a real person in history whom people know as Heungseon Daewongun. Lee Haeung is a character who hides his ambition with dissipated and eccentric actions and a charming character who can show comedy and charisma at the same time.

The production crew stated “Lee Beomsoo, who arouses viewers’ sympathy with various acting spectrum, perfectly suits Lee Haeung and we have high expectations.”

Furthermore Lee Beomsoo revealed his storng ambitions “Even synopsis captivated me. I am nervous and excited because this is the first time for me to play in historical play after my debut. I feel responsible as I can meet with a good work and I would like to make a drama, which can give respect to viewers.”

MBC’s new weekend special project drama ‘Dr. Jin’ (working title) is a follow-up of ‘Feast of Gods’ and will be aired at 9:55pm on May 26th.

Credit: TV Daily, Reporter Park Jinyoung

Please click the link before you read the translation:

http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1334702649307134002

Translated by @ dlwpdldhkdlwp

Note:

-Because this is a rough translation, there might be many grammatical and spelling mistakes.

-No infringement of copyright intended.

-Please DO NOT post and/or modify my translation on any TVXQ5, TVXQ2, COUPLE SHIPPER, ACGAE, ONLY-ONE-MEMBER and/or SASAENG SUPPORTING sites.

-Please DO NOT RT or follow me if you are a fan of OT5 or SM singer or a couple shipper or an acgae or a saseng or a saseng supporter!

-Have a nice day! :)

More info of Lee Bum Soo http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lee_Bum_Soo

Guest senyae

There are several korean articles about the lead actresses, both of them not confirmed yet.

201204181100774716_1.jpg

- Park Min Young "Dr. Jin" one for two characters being heroine (possibility is high), Park Min Young 's agency said have got the suggestion for participate the shooting of Dr.Jin but now not confirm yet

- Also actress Kim SoYeun might be the another heroine in "Dr.Jin". Kim So Yeun got the suggestion for appear as a highest 기생(妓生) in Chosun Dynasty having mystical abilities for viewing the future in Dr. Jin. Kim Soyeon is considering to act in Dr. Jin

Credit: @starsInLoveJYJ

Sources:

http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/1028947.htm

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109384128

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201204181111231119&ext=na

Park Min Young http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Park_Min_Young

Kim So Yeon http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kim_So_Yun

Guest run_lola_run

WHAT?!?! Lee Bum Soo is in this? Now I really have to watch this!! I wish he was playing the part of Dr. Jin though. He would have been absolutely perfect for that role IMO.

The production crew is looking favorably at casting Park Min Young for the female role in 'Time Slip Dr. Jin' which basically may be already a confirmation. We'll just have to wait and see the confirmation news come up.

WHAT?!?! Lee Bum Soo is in this? Now I really have to watch this!! I wish he was playing the part of Dr. Jin though. He would have been absolutely perfect for that role IMO.

I can't agree more. LBS would be awesome!

Another surprise that actress Kim So Yeon is being considered and considering to be in the drama. If she makes it, a double treat indeed!

April 17, 2012

Lee Beom-soo attempts at historical for the first time with "Time Slip Dr. Jin"

Source: Nate via hancinema.net

_28164149-9.jpg

Actor Lee Beom-soo will be attempting at a historical for the first time in his acting career.

Lee Beom-soo has confirmed to star in the new MBC weekend drama "Time Slip Dr. Jin" which will be aired in May.

Lee Beom-soo has taken on the role of Lee Ha-eung who hides his relation to the royal family to save his own life from the Kim's as he mingles loosely with the lower classes but actually has a strong desire for authority and ambition.

Lee Beom-soo will take on this role of Lee Ha-eung with comedy and charisma. Lee Beom-soo said, "I am nervous as this is my first historical attempt. I want to make a drama that can give dependence on the viewers as much as I am coming back with a new project".

"Time Slip Dr. Jin" is a medical drama about a surgeon from the year 2012 who travels back in time to the 1860s and the cast includes Song Seung-heon and Hero.

"Time Slip Dr. Jin" will be aired after "Feast of the Gods" on the 26th of May.

Archived