SOOMPI IDOL 9 - Online Vocal & Dance Contest

Jaeho

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 2winnie

Awww, haha, I just now realized I didn't have to record my face. Ohwell... erm... no judging on looks right? LOL XD I close my eyes and do weird things when I sing.

GOODLUCK TO ALL! :D

Guest AegyoBunny

Will the judges choose the covers that sound good or like their voices ? (For the vocal contest) 'Cause I'm worried that my cover will affect it 'cause the song I want to submit (2NE1 - Clap Your Hands) is auto-tuned , so I want to also auto-tune my voice . Will it affect on how the judges will choose or something , or do you prefer a not autotuned voice ?

Can my voice be auto-tuned ? 'Cause the song I'm gonna sing is originally auto-tuned . ( 2NE1 - Clap Your Hands ) Will it affect on how the judges will like judge it ?

Guest Rae_Jin

if i join both singing and rapping, will i have to submit a separate video for each categories or put both in one video? and if for example, i get eliminated for the singing category, will i still have a chance to make it to the next round in the rapping category? cos I don't know whether I should sing or rap so Im thinking to apply for both  smile.gif

Awww, haha, I just now realized I didn't have to record my face. Ohwell... erm... no judging on looks right? LOL XD I close my eyes and do weird things when I sing.

GOODLUCK TO ALL! :D

Of course, we will never judge on looks. :P

Will the judges choose the covers that sound good or like their voices ? (For the vocal contest) 'Cause I'm worried that my cover will affect it 'cause the song I want to submit (2NE1 - Clap Your Hands) is auto-tuned , so I want to also auto-tune my voice . Will it affect on how the judges will choose or something , or do you prefer a not autotuned voice ?

Can my voice be auto-tuned ? 'Cause the song I'm gonna sing is originally auto-tuned . ( 2NE1 - Clap Your Hands ) Will it affect on how the judges will like judge it ?

Yes, you can use Auto-tune if the song uses it as an effect. Pitch correction in general, like Auto-tune and Melodyne, to fix your singing is discouraged. However, we can tell if the singer is already good or not if they decide to use it. 

if i join both singing and rapping, will i have to submit a separate video for each categories or put both in one video? and if for example, i get eliminated for the singing category, will i still have a chance to make it to the next round in the rapping category? cos I don't know whether I should sing or rap so Im thinking to apply for both  *quoted image*

If you decide to sing for 1 round, make one video of your singing.

If you decide to dance for 1 round, make one video of your dancing.

If you decide to sing and rap for 1 round, make one video of your singing and rapping (assuming the song has both).

If you decide to sing and dance for 1 round, make one video of your singing and dancing. 

Etc.

If you don't pass a round if you decided to sing, for example, you may not enter another round as a dancer or rapper. You are just cut. If you pass, you may choose to do another category or stick to what you did. 

The contestants are not separated by categories. If you are a singer or rapper, you will still compete against dancers and vice versa.  

Hope this makes sense.

Guest kpop-biscuit

hello ^^

it may have already been asked but i can't seem to find it anywhere; is it possible to sing a korean song but from time to time, sing the lyrics in english.

The song I'll be singing has only been sung in korean but english lyrics are available, can i use them?

hello ^^

it may have already been asked but i can't seem to find it anywhere; is it possible to sing a korean song but from time to time, sing the lyrics in english.

The song I'll be singing has only been sung in korean but english lyrics are available, can i use them?

Sure, if there is an English version or translation, you can definitely go ahead and sing it. This is already in the FAQ by the way.

Guest kpop-biscuit

Sure, if there is an English version or translation, you can definitely go ahead and sing it. This is already in the FAQ by the way.

oops...sorry

:sweatingbullets:

Yes, you can sing songs by the opposite gender.

Thanks^^ 

if i were judging you'd lose major points for it

i cringe when i hear girls doing guy covers and i know the judges probably do the same (too easy imo)

you gotta be good enough for us to disregard these tendencies

Thanks for your opinion,I‘ll consider it :3

Guest shadowfrozz

You said you'll choose 50 contestans for the next round but I only see 43 video entry so far..what'll you do if the contestants isn't more than 50? will you pass all of them or not?

Guest iwillwin1313

If I want to sing and dance, do I have to sing while I'm dancing? Or can I do a 45 second clip of me dancing, and a 45 second clip of my singing?

Guest XxAzn-CandyxX

Soompi Idol 9 Application

Soompi Username:

XxAzn-CandyxX

I am entering as a Singer/Rapper/Dancer:

Singer

First Name: Cassidy

Youtube Channel: http://http://www.youtube.com/user/Cassanova608?feature=mhee

Other Websites (Optional): N/A

Preliminary Round Entry Information

Artist and Title: WonderGirls-Wishing on a Star

Youtube Link to Entry: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1HQE0q6Bxk&context=C42b0401ADvjVQa1PpcFNS78oXImyeou_yAszOE61Kd78mh6z6Fo8=

You said you'll choose 50 contestans for the next round but I only see 43 video entry so far..what'll you do if the contestants isn't more than 50? will you pass all of them or not?

Registration has only been open for 5 days. The deadline is on the 25th, so there will be more than 50 entries. 

If I want to sing and dance, do I have to sing while I'm dancing? Or can I do a 45 second clip of me dancing, and a 45 second clip of my singing?

You have to do both at the same time. (Sing and dance to the same song)

Archived