G.I. Joe: Retaliation

rubie

March 15, 2012

Exclusive G.I. Joe 2 image revealed

Snake Eyes is back in black in G.I. Joe: Retaliation

By Total Film

G.I. Joe 2, or G.I. Joe: Retaliation, to give it its formal title, could be the blockbuster dark horse this summer, and we’ve got our hands on an exclusive new image, which you can see below.

The action sequel has so far released a couple of gloriously-OTT trailers, and will be getting a considerable injection of ‘Bring It!’ from one Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.

One of the few characters to return from the original G.I. Joe outing is Snake Eyes (Ray Park), a badass ninja who was gifted with one of the movie’s cooler outfits.

His sword skills were never in doubt, but from the looks of our new image, he’s not averse to wielding a pistol when the situation calls for it.

Check out the exclusive G.I. Joe: Retaliation image now:

exclusive-g-i-joe-2-image-revealed-98097-1000-100.jpg

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 15, 2012

Aerosmith Mixing New Song for Upcoming 'GI Joe: Retaliation' Movie

by Josh Hart guitarworld.com

aerosmith_2.jpg

When last we checked in with the boys in Aerosmith, it was revealed that the band would be contributing a track to a major motion picture this summer.

It's now been revealed that the film will be the new GI Joe movie, GI Joe: Retaliation, which is set to hit theaters in late June.

Guitarist Joe Perry revealed via Twitter recently that the track is called "Legendary Child," writing, "On the way to the studio with John B and BilliPerry to mix 'Legendary Child' with Jack, Warren and Steven."

"Legendary Child" is reportedly an outtake from the sessions for 1991's Get a Grip and will likely be included on Aerosmith's new album, which is still tentatively due this year. "I think people are going to see a lot of Aerosmith later in the year," guitarist Whitford recently told thetimesnews.com. "We’ve got a new song that’s gonna be used in a major motion picture this summer, so that’s probably the first new music fans will get to hear. We may even debut it on ‘American Idol’ in May. We’re definitely planning on touring the U.S. later in the summer."

Joe Perry also went on record as saying America's rock band would be hitting the road this summer, citing a June kickoff date.

AEROSMITH Mixing 'Legendary Child' Song For 'GI Joe: Retaliation' Movie

AEROSMITH is currently mixing a reworked version of its 1991 outtake "Legendary Child" (originally written during the "Get A Grip" sessions) for inclusion in the upcoming summer film "GI Joe: Retaliation" (which arrives in theaters around the U.S. on June 29). The song is also expected to appear on AEROSMITH's long-awaited new studio album, which is tentatively due later this year.

AEROSMITH began work on its first all-new album since 2001 last year, with the rest of the band working on music while singer Steven Tyler made his "American Idol" debut.

The band has been working with producer Jack Douglas, who collaborated with them on classic early albums like "Toys In The Attic" and "Rocks".

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry recently revealed via Twitter that the band will embark on a U.S. tour in June. Exact cities and dates will be announced during the coming weeks.

March 16, 2012

New G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

Photos Featuring Lady Jaye, Roadblock And Jinx

Paramount Pictures has released three new images from the Jon M. Chu-directed sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation

WolvieCBM comicbookmovie.com

A follow-up to the 2009 release of G.I. JOE: RISE OF THE COBRA, which grossed over $300M worldwide, Paramount Pictures, MGM and Skydance Productions, in association with HASBRO and di Bonaventura Pictures, commences production on G.I. JOE: RETALIATION. In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Park, Adrianne Palicki, Jonathan Pryce, RZA, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. Directed by Jon M. Chu, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, from a screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick based on Hasbro’s G.I. Joe® characters, the film is scheduled to be released on June 29,2012.

56351845.jpg

63437142.jpg

16454743.jpg

March 16, 2012

Friday Top Five: TV at the Movies

Post by: Jordan Bienstock -- CNN Student News blogs.cnn.com

Jonah Hill’s “21 Jump Street” movie arrives in theaters today, and there's no doubt that when some of us saw the trailers for this comedy, we were understandably confused.

“Wait, wasn’t that TV show pretty serious? Didn’t it star a young, brooding Johnny Depp?” Why yes, it was and it did.

When a TV show gets remade as a movie, sometimes all bets are off. It can stick as close to or veer as far from the source material as it wants. Since we seem to be living through an endless string of these remakes, don’t expect it to change anytime soon.

For this week’s top five, we’re looking at some of the biggest TV-to-movie remakes from the past few decades. (One quick note: The movie has to be a remake, not a continuation of the show’s storyline, so you won’t see “Sex and the City” or “Firefly”/"Serenity.")

1. “Mission: Impossible” (1996): Take a 1960s spy show, update it for the digital age, and turn the only character with name recognition for the original audience into the villain. Instant franchise!

2. “The Brady Bunch Movie” (1995): Instead of updating the classic show for the 1990s, this movie dropped the 1970s family into the 1990s, fashion sense and all. Hilarity – in theory – ensued.

3. “Star Trek” (2009): How do you tackle a franchise with decades of mythology and continuity that hardcore fans know inside and out? Reboot it on an alternate timeline. Oh, and make it awesome. Done and done.

4. “Charlie’s Angels” (2000): Three attractive female investigators breaking all kinds of gender stereotypes while working with a goofy handler for a faceless benefactor voiced by John Forsyth. That’s a recipe for success in any decade. (Just don’t try to remake it as a TV show again.)

5. “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” (2009): Instead of being a campy cartoon about “a real American Hero,” this is an overly serious movie about an international special forces team. Hopefully, producers know how badly they misfired, and this year’s “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” will be better. After all, knowing is half the battle.

Honorable Mentions:

“The A-Team” (2010): I love it when a plan comes together, but I pity the fool who decided to destroy the iconic A-Team van in an opening scene.

“The Addams Family” (1991): Making one of Hollywood’s most lovably weird families accessible to a whole new generation.

“Dragnet” (1987): If you’re going to remake one of TV’s most straight-laced shows as a comedy romp, you better cast a couple of world-class comedians like Aykroyd and Hanks.

“The Flintstones” (1994): And if you’re going to remake an iconic animated show into live action… don’t do it like this. This remains the only movie I have ever walked out on.

March 18, 2012

Jon Chu talks G.I. Joe Retaliation

Glen Chapman denofgeek.com l Total Film

Ahead of its June release, director Jon Chu has been chatting about G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Here's what he's been saying...

I think I enjoyed G.I. Joe more than most, but fully acknowledge that it’s far from a great film and had all kinds of problems. And I remain excited about its sequel, G.I. Joe Retaliation, which is set for release at the end of June this year.

The follow-up is directed by Jon Chu (Justin Bieber: Never Say Never and two of the Step Up films), so he’s swapping singing and dancing for guns and action if his following comments are anything to go by. For he's been explaing the differences between his film and Stephen Sommers' predessessor:

“We’re different filmmakers and have different views on what G.I. Joe is", he said. “I love the reality of our Joes. They have relationships with each other, aspirations; they care about the people of the world.”

“We’re trying to add a lot more of that rather than doing cartoon fights with laser guns: everything is very practical and we’re doing as many physical things as possible – it’s not all greenscreen.”

With a cast that includes Bruce Willis, Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum, I’ve got my fingers crossed that this will deliver the goods.

Please refer the FB page at source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11220985&l=b0c53ee610&id=271832721387

Past Generation Toys

Today's match-up: Snake-Eyes vs Storm Shadow! Vote for Snake-Eyes by clicking the Like button on the 'Snake-Eyes' comment below. Vote for Storm Shadow by clicking the Like button on the 'Storm Shadow' comment below. The winner moves on to the Elite Eight where they will face yesterday's winner: Spider-man.

Influence others to vote for your pick by commenting on this post!

392519_10150744913746388_271832721387_11220985_1916278378_n.jpg

March 21, 2012

Top Ten Most Anticipated Movies of 2012

Posted by by Kara Taylor trippedmedia.com

Are you looking forward to this summer’s parade of amazing movies? Well, you should be. The summer of 2012 is shaping up to be one of the biggest in movie history. Consider all of the superhero sequels and fantasy flicks that are coming your way. If you’re in a town without a big movie theater, move cable services and your abode to a new community with a big theater – it will be worth it.

The Avengers: Opening May 4. This action/adventure/Sci-Fi/Fantasy pairs up some of the most iconic Marvel Comic superheroes in a Joss Whedon written and directed epic. Look for Ironman, the Hulk, Thor, Capitan America and many others to work with Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. to battle Loki and his earth invading army. The Avengers stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Chris Hemsworth.

Battleship: Opening May 18. Based loosely on the popular maritime game, this Sci-Fi/Action movie pits the United States Navy against a horde of invading aliens. Directed by Peter Berg and produced by many of the same movie makers who brought you the Transformer’s trilogy, Battleship is not to be missed. Starring Liam Neeson, Alexander Skarsgård, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna – this movie will make it worthwhile to move cable services if it’s not showing locally.

Men in Black III: Opening May 25. Rounding out a trilogy that began in 1997, Men in Black III brings back Agents J and K for more Sci-Fi adventures. This time, Agent J must stop an alien from assassinating his partner – in the past. MIB III brings back Barry Sonnenfeld to the director’s chair along with stars Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin (playing a young Agent K).

Snow White and the Huntsman: Opening June 1. Twilight fans rejoice! Kristen Stewart plays a tough Snow White in this action/adventure/fantasy. This is a new take on Snow White as the huntsman, (who was to take Snow White into the forest and kill her – only to let her go), played by Chris Hemsworth, opts to teach her how to fight and wage war against the evil queen, who’s played by Charlize Theron. Director Rupert Sanders weaves an all new spin on this age old tale.

Madagascar 3: Opening June 8. The outrageous antics of four former zoo animals and their friends continues as they work their way back to New York. This time, the animated adventure enters Europe and joins a traveling circus to keep a low profile. This computer animated comedy is directed by Eric Darnell, Tom McGrath and Conrad Vernon. If you had to move cable services any time recently, it’s a good bet you already saw the first two Madagascar films. Like the others, this one stars Ben Stiller, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith and Chris Rock.

Prometheus: Opening June 8. Science fiction fans of the Alien series have been chomping at the bit for this Sci-Fi/Horror prequel. Unintentionally unleashing a threat to mankind, galactic explorers must fight for man’s very existence. Ridley Scott, director of the first Alien film returns to direct this dark tale. Prometheus stars Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace and Patrick Wilson.

Brave: Opening June 22. Disney’s newest Pixar computer animated fantasy, Brave follows the journey of the strong willed Princess Merida. Using her incredible ability with archery and her unflinching bravery, Princess Merida must fight the curse brought upon her people. Directed by Brenda Chapman and Mark Andrews, Brave charts new territory for Disney and Pixar. Brave stars Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly and Emma Thompson.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation: Opening June 29. Get ready to for some serious action and adventure to this sequel to 2009’s G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra. This time, the Joes are nearly obliterated by Cobra and must band together to retaliate. This handful of warriors is led by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Bruce Willis – so expect all-out action sequences. Directed by Jon M. Chu, G.I. Joe: Retaliation also stars Channing Tatum and Ray Park.

The Amazing Spider-Man: Opening July 3. Marvel is giving this summer a one-two punch with the reinvented, retooled Amazing Spider-Man. More accurate to the comic, this installment sees Spider-Man discover more of his past while battling the Lizard. Directed by Marc Webb, The Amazing Spider-Man stars Andrew Garfield, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen and Emma Stone.

The Dark Knight Rises: Opening July 20 . This is perhaps the most anticipated movie of the year – for good reason. The Dark Knight Rises is the third and final installment of Christopher Nolan’s masterpieces and it ends this thrilling interpretation of the Batman. Harvey Dent (Two-Face) and Bane force a retired Batman to return and fight for Gotham City’s survival. The Dark Knight Rises stars Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway.

March 22, 2012

WILLIS PACKS HEAT IN A NEW 'G.I. JOE: RETALIATION' IMAGE

Written by Jordan DeSaulnier iamrogue.com l reelz.com

A new official image from this summer's Hasbro-produced sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation supports the theory that every single still released to promote the film must include at least one of the following: 1) a star of the film, and 2) a weapon of some sort, preferably a gun. Last week, we saw a total of four new images, in which Ray Park, Dwayne Johnson, Elodie Yung, and Adrianne Palicki all wielded weapons of various sizes. This latest image triples down, with another angle on Palicki aiming a massive rifle and Bruce Willis sporting a classy suit, tie, and handgun combination.

"But wait," you're saying to yourself. "Since there are only two actors and two guns, this image is only doubling down, not tripling, as you stated above." Incorrect. Everybody knows that Bruce Willis counts as two action-movie badasses. Especially when he's holding a gun and scowling. If he's wearing a dirty white undershirt and no shoes, he's worth seven action-movie badasses.

This still of Palicki as Lady Jaye and Willis as original G.I. Joe General Joseph Colton first appeared at the sequel's official facebook page.

After making their live-action debut in 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, the Joes are getting a slightly less cartoonish makeover in this sequel that also serves a bit of a do-over. Step-Up 2: The Streets and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never director John M. Chu replaces Stephen Sommers here, and he's working from a screenplay by Rhett Rheese and Paul Wernick, the duo behind Zombieland.

The cast includes a briefly returning Channing Tatum, along with the aforementioned Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, and Ray Park. Also showing up are Joseph Mazzello, RZA, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Stevenson, Jonathan Pryce, Walton Goggins, and Arnold Vosloo.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation arrives in theaters on June 29th.

New image of Bruce Willis in G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

by Adam Chitwood collider.com

A new image from G.I. Joe: Retaliation has gone online, showcasing Bruce Willis as OG Joe. I never thought I’d actually be excited for this movie, but the trailers have been pretty great so far and Dwayne Johnson looks to be injecting yet another franchise with his infectious charisma. Willis wasn’t necessarily a strong point in the clips (the “he’s old” joke is, well, old), but he looks sufficiently badass in this new image next to Adrianne Palicki’s Lady Jaye. Three other images featuring Palicki, Johnson as Roadblock, and Elodie Young as Jinx were released the other day.

Hit the jump to check out the new image The film also stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Jonathan Pryce, RZA, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum. G.I. Joe: Retaliation opens on June 29th.

Image via the film’s Facebook page.

gijoe2-brucewillis.jpg

Here’s the official synopsis for G.I. Joe: Retaliation:

A follow-up to the 2009 release of G.I. JOE: RISE OF THE COBRA, which grossed over $300M worldwide, Paramount Pictures, MGM and Skydance Productions, in association with HASBRO and di Bonaventura Pictures, commences production on G.I. JOE: RETALIATION. In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Park, Adrianne Palicki, Jonathan Pryce, RZA, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. Directed by Jon M. Chu, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, from a screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick based on Hasbro’s G.I. Joe® characters, the film is scheduled to be released on June 29,2012.

March 23, 2012

Bruce Willis Looks Sharp, Locked & Loaded in New Image from G.I. Joe: Retaliation

By Kenji Lloyd heyuguys.co.uk

th_gijoe2-brucewillis.jpg

There’s only three months (to the day) left until G.I. Joe: Retaliation hits the big screen, and all that we’ve seen so far suggest we’re in for plenty of fun with this summer blockbuster.

We got a brilliant new trailer for the sequel to 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra at the end of last month, followed swiftly by a great new TV spot, and now we have an awesome new image of Bruce Willis suited (and presumably booted) and ready for action.

Jon M. Chu looks to have done a great job directing, with a script by Zombieland’s Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, and the cast is headed up by old and new faces alike, including Channing Tatum, Ray Park, and Lee Byung-hun reprising their roles from the first film, and Dwayne (“The Rock”) Johnson, Adrianne Palicki (also seen in the new image), Elodie Yung, Ray Stevenson, RZA, D.J. Cotrona, Walton Goggins, and the man of the hour, Willis himself.

The handful of trailers and TV spots that have already surfaced (all of which you can catch up on here) have been promising some awesome, awesome action, and it looks like this will be one to see on the big screen come summer.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation will hit UK cinemas on 22nd June, and then head to the US a week later on 29th June. As usual with this great new image of Willis (and Palicki), you can click to enlarge.

Source: G.I. Joe: Retaliation’s Facebook via Latino Review.

• 2 weeks later...

April 4, 2012

New G.I. JOE: RETALIATION Still Features STORM SHADOW

Check out the latest still from the upcoming sequel, which gives us a new look at a mask-less Byung-Hun Lee as the fan favorite COBRA assassin Storm Shadow..

Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy comicbookmovie.com

sshadow_retaliation1.jpg

Probably the best thing about the first G.I. Joe movie, along with Snake Eyes, was his all-in-white nemesis Storm Shadow. In this new still from Retaliation he swaps his trademark sword for a big gun and a human shield..

A follow-up to the 2009 release of G.I. JOE: RISE OF THE COBRA, which grossed over $300M worldwide, Paramount Pictures, MGM and Skydance Productions, in association with HASBRO and di Bonaventura Pictures, commences production on G.I. JOE: RETALIATION. In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence.

Apparently Lee is too have a much larger role in the sequel thanks to his much improved English. G.I. Joe Retaliation will be released on June 29, 2012.

Storm Shadow Takes Aim in New G.I. Joe 2 Pic

NIX BeyondHollywood.com

Didn’t Byung-hun Lee’s Storm Shadow get stabbed through the gut and tossed down a shaft or something in the first “G.I. Joe” movie? Something like that, right? But hey, at least he didn’t get sliced in half and tossed down a shaft like Darth Maul did in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace”, thus ending any chance at a return appearance in further sequels. Way to go permanently getting rid of your best creation in like a decade there, George.

In any case, here’s a new pic from Jon Chu’s “G.I. Joe: Retaliation”, his sequel to the Stephen Sommers film that you either really hated or you kinda didn’t mind, but you probably didn’t love it, either. You probably absolutely loved watching Snake Eyes battle Storm Shadow, though, and Chu was smart enough to bring back both badasses for his sequel. What’s a little “death” when the promise of a Snake Eyes-Storm Shadow battle awaits us? Exactly.

Starring Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Ray Park, Joseph Mazzello, Arnold Vosloo, Elodie Yung, Walton Goggins, Jonathan Pryce, Byung-hun Lee, RZA, D.J. Cotrona, and Matt Gerald.

The Joes go again June 29, 2012.

April 5, 2012

Top Ten Comic Book, Science Fiction, and Horror Movies Of Summer 2012

By: Scott Johnson comicbook.com

Summer 2012 is going to be one very expensive summer for fans of the comic book, science fiction, and horror genres of movies. We’ve compiled a list of what we consider to be the ten most anticipated movies of the summer of 2012. We only considered movies released during the summer months, which is why Dredd and The Hobbit aren’t included.

10. Total Recall – This science fiction movie is a remake of the original Total Recall movie. However, instead of Arnold Schwarzenegger, it stars Colin Farrell. We included this one on the list because we were fans of the original, but the verdict is still out on the remake.

9. Men In Black 3 – Huge fans of the original Men In Black, but not so much of Men In Black 2. Don’t really know if this one will be great like the original or a disappointment like the sequel. We’re hoping third time turns out to be a charm, because Will Smith rarely disappoints.

8. GI Joe: Retaliation – We hated the first movie, but the sequel has Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis. The GI Joe: Retaliation trailers also make the movie look like an action-packed, fun ride. While this one likely won’t be picking up a Best Picture nomination, it should be a good time at the movies.

7. Battleship – Another movie that won’t make the Best Picture running, but looks like it will be enjoyable in a Transformers sort of way. In fact, the entire movie looks like it could be described as Transformers at sea. The fact that Liam Neeson stars in the movie also gives hope that there will at least be some semblance of a plot, amongst all the destruction.

6. Dark Shadows – When you put Tim Burton and Johnny Depp together, you usually wind up with something quirky and magical. Dark Shadows could be one of the surprise blockbusters of summer. It’s based on a cult TV series of the same name, and it’s just different enough that it might be a welcome break from the non-stop action and comedy movies that usually fill the summer box office.

5. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – While this might have the type of title that you would normally associate with a low-budget direct to DVD movie, it actually had an estimated seventy million budget. The first trailer for the movie was also very impressive, so this movie could wind up being one of those pleasant surprises of the summer movie season.

4. Prometheus – With budget estimates falling in the one hundred fifty to two hundred million range, this could be the epic sci-fi movie of summer. The trailers hint at a mixture of science fiction and horror that harkens back to the classic Aliens movies. In fact, Prometheus is rumored to be a prequel to Aliens.

3. The Amazing Spider-Man – At first, it was the reboot that nobody wanted. Then Sony/Columbia Pictures started releasing footage from the movie, and it became a film that everybody wanted to see. Whether the Spider-Man franchise needed to be rebooted or not, the fact is that is has been, and early previews of The Amazing Spider-Man look pretty darn good.

2. The Avengers – Marvel Studios has carefully built up anticipation for The Avengers will various superhero solo films. Now, all their work is paying off in what looks to be a quality product. The Avengers movie trailers have us excited that this will be one of the most action-packed and thoroughly entertaining movies of summer.

1. The Dark Knight Rises – The Dark Knight is our favorite comic book movie of all time. Christopher Nolan never seems to disappoint. This Dark Knight Rises is probably the closest thing that you can get to a guaranteed hit at the box office. In addition to a movie that entertains, we expect this will also be a movie that hits on an intellectual level and leaves viewers with food for thought. It could even be a Best Picture candidate.

April 5, 2012

ANOTHER GUN-TOTING 'G.I. JOE: RETALIATION' IMAGE

Written by Jordan DeSaulnier iamrogue.com

stormshadow.jpg

A new still from this summer's sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation highlights one of the few castmembers returning from 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Byung-hun Lee, who plays the action figure-turned action movie bad guy Storm Shadow. Storm Shadow is the villainous nemesis of good guy ninja Snake Eyes, once again played by Ray Park, another returned G.I. Joe thespian.

So far, the rule of G.I. Joe: Retaliation images has been that if a still is going to end up online, it had damn well better feature at least one character wielding at least one deadly weapon. We've seen Bruce Willis, Adrianne Palicki, Dwayne Johnson, and Ray Park all toting guns, along with Elodie Yung swinging a sword.

With this Storm Shadow still from Stark Industries, we're back to big automatic weaponry. The most prominent element in this image isn't Storm Shadow or the hapless soldier in his grasp, it's a large gun pointed at an unseen adversary. Probably Snake Eyes.

In addition to Byung-hun Lee and Ray Park, familiar actors from Stephen Sommers' original film who will show up in the sequel include Arnold Voosloo, Jonathan Pryce, and Channing Tatum. While he played the lead in that first film, expect Tatum's screen time to be pretty limited.

Those returning folks are joined by an ensemble that ranges from the aforementioned Bruce Willis, Adrianne Palicki, Elodie Yung, and Dwayne Johnson to the likes of RZA, Walton Goggins, D.J. Cotrona, Joseph Mazzello, and Ray Stevenson.

Jon M. Chu takes over as director, and it's clear that the Step Up 2: The Streets director has brought a different style and tone than his predecessor. It probably helps that he's working from a screenplay by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. The duo behind the Zombieland script hopefully took an approach that's self aware and goofy as opposed to just goofy.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation opens at a theater near you on June 29th.

April 6, 2012

VIDEO: Japanese Trailer For GI Joe 2 Pushes Byung-hun Lee Pretty Heavily

Source: bleedingcool.com

More or less this entire post is plagiarised from a series of tweets.

GI Joe: Retaliation Japanese TRAILER

Craig Skinner@CSkinner

Japanese trailer for G.I. JOE: RETALIATION pushes Byung-hun Lee pretty heavily - youtu.be/yHNyHfc0GFU

Craig Skinner@CSkinner

It's certainly not a new thing but studios really seem to be making a point of including Asian actors in blockbusters right now.

Craig Skinner@CSkinner

...then cutting trailers to push them front and centre (p.s. I'm well aware that Byung-hun Lee is Korean)

Craig Skinner@CSkinner

Japan and Korea were two of the top three highest grossing countries outside of America for the first G.I. JOE. Studios aren't dumb.

April 6, 2012

'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Japanese trailer has Storm Shadow front and center

by Aubrey Sitterson IFC

Everyone's favorite evil Arishikage ninja gets the star treatment in the international teaser.

After his win over John Cena at “WrestleMania XXVIII,” the next Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson thing we’re most excited about is his appearance in this summer’s “G.I. Joe: Retaliation.” But while the sequel’s cast includes heavy hitters like Johnson, Channing Tatum and Bruce Willis, the recently released Japanese trailer puts its largest focus on the less well-known (in this country at least) Lee Byung-hun.

The South Korean actor, along with Tatum, is one of the few characters to come back following an appearance in 2009’s “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.” In both the first film as well as the sequel, Lee portrays iconic G.I. Joe ninja Storm Shadow, seen in this most recent and previous trailers having a frickin’ swordfight while climbing a sheer cliff face. As noted by Bleeding Cool it should come as no real surprise that the Japanese trailer puts such a heavy emphasis on the character, as the Asian market is an increasingly profitable one for American blockbuster films.

Other than the slightly adjusted focus, the trailer is more or less what we’ve seen so far: Neat White Stripes cover, The Rock making declarations and Bruce Willis shooting a humongous gun in the bed of what appears to be a pinkberryin’ El Dorado. That said, all of those things are profoundly awesome.

th_soompi_poll.jpg

Poll: Multiple choice answers

International movie featuring Korean actor/actress/director that you're looking forward to?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/376974-which-international-movie-featuring-korean-actoractressdirector-that-youre-looking-forward-to/

March 29, 2012

Exclusive Interview

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Talks of Taking G.I. JOE RETALIATION in a New Direction

by Shawn Cauthen screenslam.com

Dwayne-Johnson-pic-slice.jpg

G.I. JOE RETALIATION INTERVIEW (Video) – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson star of G.I. Joe: Retaliation, sat down with Screenslam in Miami and talked about training, his character Roadblock and everything G.I. Joe.

“We went through a really detailed training program,” said Dwayne. “We worked a lot with the Navy SEALSs for a good amount of time, weapons handling to become more efficient in weapons and how we were going to enter a room and clear a room and things like that, but for me personally I shifted how I was training.”

He went on to say, “the studio came to me with the idea about starring in the movie and go in a different direction creatively, which really appealed to me.”

In G.I. Joe: Retaliation Zartan (Arnold Vosloo) manipulates the U.S. Government and frames all G.I. Joe operatives as traitors, and wipes most of them out in a sneak attack, the remaining Joes band together to strike back.

Watch the full interview here:

April 4, 2012

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Box Office concerns overblown?

Source: generalsjoes.com

This post sort of ties in with some conversations I’ve had on Twitter lately, and also a very good Q & A session and discussion from our recording last night of the latest installment of What’s on Joe Mind.

Essentially the subject of the discussion is how successful can we expect G.I. Joe: Retaliation to be at the Box Office when Amazing Spider-Man is hitting theaters the following weekend? Should we realistically expect a big hit in Retaliation’s numbers? Does this mean that potential box office success for the G.I. Joe sequel is an impossibility?

You know, I’m not so sure.

If you’d asked me a month ago, I would have said that Amazing Spider-Man is going to whack G.I. Joe: Retaliation at the theaters and never look back. The result is likely one big weekend for the Joe film and then potential obscurity. The hope I’ve always had was that first of all, the initial weekend would be aggressive enough to carry the film, and number two that it had some level of staying power, and even if it didn’t crack the top of the charts from week 2 and forward, it might still amass enough cash to be considered a success. Well, I’m starting to think I’m vastly underselling the potential of this film.

In order to properly judge the potential success of G.I. Joe: Retaliation, you only need to look back to April, 2011, when Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson revitalized another franchise, the Fast and the Furious. You see, the two situations are remarkably similar. Fast Five hit April 29th, 2011 and was a high octane action film that followed up a previous film which performed pretty lackluster. Using Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as a catalyst, they relaunched the franchise. Not only does this sound pretty familiar, but one week after Fast Five launched, the potential juggernaut Marvel film “Thor” was released (May 6th, 2011). As expected, Thor pushed Fast Five from the top spot at the Box Office and was considered a pretty large commercial success domestically.

But here’s the funny thing. Because of its international presence and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s star power worldwide, Fast Five ended up making $125 million more than Thor in the end. Some will say that’s comparing apples to oranges…after all, it’s tough to compare Thor to Spider-Man when you’re talking about world icons. Spider-Man is infinitely more recognizable than Thor.

However, back in 2011, Thor had fantastic word of mouth. Everyone loved the director, everyone loved Natalie Portman…from a critical perspective, it had a lot going for it. Not so much in the case of Spider-Man. The Amazing Spider-Man is yet another film reboot, which I get the impression is pretty grating to fans. Folks really have not expressed any major interest in Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, or Rhys Ifans, and let’s face it, star power sells. Fandom reactions to the costume have been lukewarm at best, and noone seems to be latching onto the look or feel of The Lizard either. In fact, if you poll fans, it seems like even for diehard comic book fans, Amazing Spider-Man doesn’t even appear in the top 3 of films they’re looking forward to this year. It seems to be getting overwhelmed by fury for The Avengers (no pun intended).

Comparatively, G.I. Joe: Retaliation has fantastic word of mouth. Every trailer seems to be spurning positive discussion, not just in G.I. Joe circles, but in general geek circles everywhere. But it’s not just geeks getting into it, it’s the millions of The Rock’s fans. This guy has it, and it seems like the more footage we see the more excited the general public seems to get. This cannot be overstated.

Then there’s that word again... ”star power”. I remember when Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was first cast as Roadblock, the overwhelming reaction was positive, but mostly in a reserved sense. A kind of “sure he’s great, but…”.

News flash. There is no “but”. As I’ve covered this film for the past six months, I say without hesitation that Dwayne Johnson was the perfect choice as lead for this film. He appeals to the right demographic, and he flat out sells tickets. For the love of God, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island has already made almost $315 million dollars! That’s not a coincidence.

I am certainly not the only one who thinks this way either. In fact, CinemaCon has just named Dwayne Johnson as “Action Star of the Year“. Now on the surface this probably doesn’t seem like a big deal, but when you consider that CinemaCon is hosted by the National Association of Theater Owners, which is the largest and most established group of theater owners in the world, this is a pretty big thing. G.I. Joe fans can stand back and say that the biggest action star in the industry right now is starring in our film, and that is nothing to sneeze at.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation hits US theaters June 29th, 2012. Are you going to be there?

April 10, 2012

20120410_jc.jpg

20120410_jc1.jpg

April 12, 2012

First reaction to 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' is very positive!

A reader tells NUKE THE FRIDGE that they loved the new G.I. Joe!

luwho12345 comicbookmovie.com

The website, Nuke The Fridge, got a review from a person that saw GI JOE 2 and says that movie was amazing.

Hello Nuke the Fridge I am a BIG fan of your site and have the following review for you guys… Hope you like it!

“G.I. Joe: Retaliation” is perfect for fans that wanted a more serious tone than the last outing.

The film included lots of ninja action, (although they are far from “silent” about it), which fans of the major story arc between Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Zartan from the Marvel comics will be thrilled with. Plenty of fan favorite characters like Firefly get plenty of screen time and a few new surprises, and Cobra Commander dons his familiar reflective mask. The villainy is far more straight forward, and some of it, such as Zartan, disguised as the POTUS, is surprisingly humorous, and may have some people actually cheering for his policies. A very worthy addition to this franchise.

One thing…. I miss Scarlett.

Another thing…. I loved that Sake Eyes and Storm Shadow joined forces against Zartan!

Bring on “G.I. Joe 3!”

UPDATE: To answer some people’s questions Duke dies behind a Humvee that explodes.

If you use this review call me “The Razar.”

“G.I. Joe: Retaliation” hits theater on June 29 and according to this guy it’s a MUST WATCH.

Source: Nuke The Fridge

gi_joe_storm_shadow_sword.jpg

April 13, 2012

Have G.I. Joe: Retaliation figures hit retail?!?

According to HissTank.com poster seanbratton they have!

The poster reports in this thread that a local Meijer store in Fort Wayne, Indiana has G.I. Joe: Retaliation figures in stock! He has even posted images of the figures as evidence, which are mirrored below.

Let the hunt BEGIN!!

01_FIRST.jpg

02_Group.jpg

03_FULLSET.jpg

04_RedNinja.jpg

05_Zartan.jpg

06_CobraTrooper.jpg

07_Cobra-Commander.jpg

08_StormShadow.jpg

09_Duke.jpg

April 12, 2012

Two potential endings for G.I. Joe: Retaliation being test screened?

Thanks to GeneralsJoes Twitter buddy and host of the General Geekery podcast NFC JD for passing along word that apparently there are two working endings for G.I. Joe: Retaliation being test-screened for select crowds.

It is currently unknown what is the difference between the two endings, but Nuke the Fridge reports that this is indeed occurring.

There were also rumors of a similar thing happening in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra… in fact, I believe Steven Sommers mentioned in the director’s commentary that a few elements were changed at the last minute with the first film. At one point, Storm Shadow admitted to Snake Eyes that he didn’t kill the Hard Master just before Snake Eyes stabbed him and dropped him into below zero arctic waters…apparently that scene was determined to be too extreme, considering Snake Eyes was a “good guy” and the dialogue was dropped.

Secondly, there were rumors that both Cobra Commander and Destro were supposed to escape, but test audience reaction was so strong that the film was reshot to show the two Cobra leaders indeed being captured. It would be interesting to know what the difference in the two endings might be this time around. Check out the information on Nuke the Fridge.

My only question is, who is being invited to these things and how the hell do I get on that list?

April 13, 2012

Bruce Willis ‘perceives many weddings’

© Cover Media

Bruce Willis is looking forward to attending “many weddings” in the future.

The 57-year-old Hollywood actor is father to daughters Rumer, 23, Scout, 20, Tallulah, 18, with actress Demi Moore and Mabel, two-weeks old with wife Emma Heming.

Bruce anticipates that he will be walking his eldest down the aisle fairly soon.“I perceive many weddings!” Bruce gushed to Extra. “My girls can pick good guys.”

Bruce is faring well with his newborn despite the fact that he rarely finds the time for a decent snooze. “Sleep is elusive. It's like working nights!” Bruce shared. “Nothing else in the world makes you this happy than to have a little baby.”

While he’s up at night, television keeps him company. “I don't watch a lot of TV, [but] I'm watching the Kardashians,” he confessed. “I am, man! I love it!”

Bruce can’t wait to play with dolls with his little girl, as action figures are dear to his heart. “Are you kidding? I blew 'em up! Put them on arrows. And the fact I used to play with G.I. Joes, and now I'm in a movie... it's an honour!” he said.

Bruce’s upcoming action movie G.I. Joe: Retaliation will be in theatres June 29.

Archived