G.I. Joe: Retaliation

rubie

April 13, 2012

New G.I. Joe: Retaliation Image – Flint vs Ninja Storm Shadow

Source: waycoolnews.net

The latest image from GI Joe: Retaliation was obtained courtesy of StarkIndustries.ru.

Pictured is GI Joe member, Flint played by D.J. Cotrona and Cobra Ninja Storm Shadow played by Byung Hun Lee.

06_flint_stormshadow.jpg

New G.I. JOE RETALIATION Still Image

WaylonJones comicbookmovie.com

With the news that Paramount is screening two endings and the positive review we have gotten a lot from G.I. Joe Retaliation lately. Now check out a new photo that shows off Storm Shadow.

The people over at StarkIndustires.Ru has posted this brand new photo from G.I. Joe Retaliation. The photo doesn't show us much but does give us a new look at Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow

New G.I.Joe Retaliation Movie Images Shows Flint & Storm Shadow Squaring Off

Reported by Jay Cochran enewsi.com

Thanks to the website StarkIndustries.ru we have a look at a new G.I.Joe: Retaliation movie image. This one shows Flint (D.J. Cotrona) and Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) at a bit of a standoff.

New G.I. Joe: Retaliation image shows a little Flint vs. Ninja action

Source: generalsjoes.com

This latest image from G.I. Joe: Retaliation comes courtesy of StarkIndustries.ru, which is apparently a Russian film site, but I’ll be damned if I know where they got it from. I know with the last series of Retaliation press images, a Russian site was ahead of the American press by a day or two for whatever reason.

The awesome looking image features G.I. Joe member Flint (D.J. Cotrona) facing off against the infamous Cobra Ninja Storm Shadow (Byung Hun Lee). It’s a pretty neat image and shows us that from all appearances, Storm Shadow will look very similar to his Rise of Cobra appearance in his leather trenchcoat.

Check Out This New Pic From GI Joe: Retaliation

by Philip Sticco latino-review.com

Stark Industries has posted a new pic from G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which you can see below. It’s a shot of Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) and Flint (D.J. Cotrona). It looks like Flint has the drop on Storm Shadow, but I’m sure Storm Shadow can slice off Flint’s head with a flick of his wrist.

April 14, 2012

New Image Of Lee Byung Hun As Storm Shadow

by Shin Densetsu hisstank.com

Another new image of Lee Byung Hun as Storm Shadow has been posted by StarkIndustries.ru. In this new image, Storm Shadow is in some sort of confrontation with Flint played by DJ Cotrona.

Do you think Storm Shadow's costume looks different from what we've previously seen?

Seems like Storm Shadow is trying to tell Snake Eyes that he isn't there to fight but the other Joes don't believe him.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check them out at Stark Industries for the original large-sized captures

April 15, 2012

G.I. Joe: Retaliation images flood the ‘net!

Ahh, excellent! One good thing about spending all day “off the radar” packing for the big move is that when I get back online, there’s usually some cool news to talk about. Today, it involves a handful of images from G.I. Joe: Retaliation that have hit the web from StarkIndustries.ru.

Once again, it’s unknown where they are getting these images from, but the pictures are pretty damn nice anyway. Some great action shots!

New Character Images from G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

by Dave Trumbore collider.com

It’s easy to get overshadowed with The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises crowding the spotlight, but G.I. Joe: Retaliation has more than enough might to muscle their way in. In these new character images, we get a look at our favorite Joes in action, including the original Joe (Bruce Willis). In this sequel directed by Jon M. Chu (Step Up 3D), the Joes are decimated by a Cobra attack that leaves only a few of the good guys standing. The remaining Joes must band together to take down the evil organization. G.I. Joe: Retaliation also stars Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Channing Tatum, Walton Goggins, Ray Park, Byung-hun Lee, Elodie Yung, RZA, Ray Stevenson and D.J. Cotrona. Hit the jump to check out the new images.

New Photos From G.I. JOE RETALIATION

WaylonJones comicbookmovie.com

We have got a lot of G.I. Joe Retaliation news lately, well get ready for some more with these brand new photos from the film featuring Snake Eyes and Roadblock.

Earlier this week we had news that G.I. Joe Retaliation was screening two endings, then we got a possible first review, and finally a new photo of Storm Shadow and Flint. Now, Thanks to Stark Industries, we have gotten a brand new batch of photos. The photos give us brand new looks at mostly Snake Eyes and Roadblock, but there are also new ones of Flint and Lady Jaye. Check them out below.

Roadblock.jpg

Snakeeyesjinx.jpg

roadblocksnakeyes2.jpg

flint.jpg

gijoe2q.jpg

roadblocksnakeyes.jpg

LadyJaye.jpg

SnakeEyes1.jpg

April 16, 2012

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson talks 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation':

'This one is much different'

by Clark Collis insidemovies.ew.com

Does your movie franchise require a fresh face and additional biceps poundage? Then the man to call is Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. The wrestler-turned-actor got his big-screen breakthrough in the 2001 sequel The Mummy Returns and more recently has spruced up both the Fast and Furious and Journey to the Center of the Earth series.

TheRock-GIJoe_320.jpg

Now Johnson has joined the Joes in G.I. Joe: Retaliation, the follow-up to Paramount’s 2009 G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, which earned $300 million worldwide and received — to put matters kindly — mixed reviews. The actor’s addition to the cast isn’t the only change to the franchise: Bruce Willis joins the cast and director Jon M. Chu (Step Up 2, Justin Bieber: Never Say Never), replaces G.I. Joe helmer Stephen Sommers. Meanwhile, judging by the film’s trailer, Cobra star Channing Tatum plays a smaller part this time around.

Below, Mr. The Rock talks about G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which opens June 29, and his penchant for playing action heroes who like to crack eggs as well as skulls.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What can you tell us about G.I. Joe: Retaliation?

DWAYNE JOHNSON: I can tell you this one is creatively much different [from the first]. It’s rooted, it’s grounded, it’s real. The studio came to me and I loved the idea of starring in the movie because I grew up on G.I. Joe and it’s a massive property. I spoke to the studio and they told me about the creative shift that they wanted to make with the movie, which made it easy for me to sign on.

Franchises are often “rebooted” after three or four movies. Did the studio talk about why they wanted to do so after just one?

Sure, sure. We all talked about that. The very frank discussions that I had with the studio was, ‘We know we can do better. And let’s challenge ourselves and sit down and make the movie that’s going to entertain the world.” I can appreciate that transparency and that directness. When you’re that open from the beginning, it makes things much easier and it makes the creative process that much better.

Can you give us some idea about the plot?

Absolutely. The Cobra command is trying to take over the world. I emerge as the leader. I go get Bruce Willis and we start kicking a– all over the place and stopping that!

What can you say about your character, Roadblock?

In the mythology of G.I. Joe, Roadblock is the glue that holds the Joes together. The added layer to that for me was to make him a B.A.M.F. You know what that means?

It took me a couple of seconds, but yes.

Alright!

Who does Bruce Willis play?

Bruce Willis plays the original Joe, Joe Colton. He fitted so nicely into this role. I’ve been not only a fan of Bruce since I was a teenager but a friend of his for years now. And us together, in these roles, as a fan of movies but also as a fan of action heroes, I’m excited about this. Bruce does that very well. And when I say “that” I mean, “There’s a problem, I’m going to fix it, and I have a gun.” [Laughs] We both do that very well.

I believe Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who played one of the villains in the first movie, isn’t in Retaliation. Can you say who, if anyone, has replaced him in the role?

Well, to be honest with you, I didn’t see the first one. So I’m not quite sure. I know he’s not in it, but I’m not quite sure what role he played.

Have you still not seen the first one?

No, I didn’t want to see it. I just didn’t want that to cloud my judgment in any way as we were going down a new creative route.

Channing Tatum returns from the first one, as does Jonathan Pryce. So there are some plot connections between The Rise of Cobra and Retaliation?

Yeah, sure, sure. There are some plot connections with the first and the second. I’ll tell you this: Out of great tragedy often emerges new leaders and, through a great tragedy that takes place with the Joes. New leaders emerge.

Is it the Joes who are retaliating?

It is, yeah.

Jon M. Chu directed the movie. What was he like as a collaborator?

He was great to work with. He was an interesting choice at first because he had just come off the Justin Bieber movie.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at. I always think of Justin Bieber and The Rock in the same sentence.

Of course you do! [Laughs] Any time you think of Justin Bieber, you think of the Rock. So it was an interesting choice, but the studio was sold on him, and once I sat down with him I recognized right away that he was the right guy for this. One of the most interesting things about John Chu is that, from a very early age, he was always inspired by movement and dance. So to take that notion of movement and fluidity and apply that to a very big action movie — it’s a challenge, it’s a risk, but it has paid off in such invaluable ways. I’ve seen the movie and I couldn’t be happier with it and that guy is a hell of a director. Audiences are going to appreciate what he did.

Where did you shoot the movie?

We were all in New Orleans. We were the first production that was allowed to shoot inside of NASA there in New Orleans. They were nice enough to let us shoot in there, and utilize everything that they had, which was amazing. We made a complete mess of the place and probably screwed it up for any production that’s going to come in there after us. We had a lot of explosions there. But we cleaned up everything nicely!

I believe Roadblock is also something of a chef — like your character in The Rundown. Are you a good cook yourself?

I am a hell of a cook myself.

What’s your signature dish?

My favorite dish would be blackened sea bass with a mango paste… No, I’m kidding, that’s bulls—. I can’t cook! Look at that, I had you going for a second! No, I tell you what I do: I make a hell of an egg-white omelet and I make a hell of a Don Julio shot.

Would you be up for making another G.I. Joe?

I would. Definitely. The world ain’t saving itself! Me and Bruce and the Joes, we’ve got some saving to do!

April 18, 2012

Stills of Lee Byung-hun Whet Appetite for 'G.I. Joe' Sequel

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

New stills from "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," a sequel to a 2009 blockbuster "G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra," have been released on U.S. websites, heightening fans' excitement about the soon-to-be-released film.

2012041800813_0.jpg

Some of the images feature close-up poses of Storm Shadow, the role played by Korean actor Lee Byung-hun.

The movie, starring Lee, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, and Dwayne Johnson, among other prominent Hollywood actors and singer RZA, will hit Korean theaters on June 21.

April 17, 2012

Lee Byung Hun's Storm Shadow images gaining wide interest

Source: Nate 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11 l 12 l 13 l 14 l 15 l 16 l 17 l 18 l 19 l 20 l 21 Gist by EverythingLBH.com

201204171743770995_1.jpg

The recently revealed GI Joe: Retaliation movie stills showing actor Lee Byung Hun reprising his character Storm Shadow in unmasked images are getting increased attention from the fans and online viewers. The captures showing Storm Shadow using a gun and sword had brought about an intense action atmosphere as GI Joe online sites are getting high hits since character images of the cast are being released.

45607041.4.jpg

Nate

The significant casting credit given to the Korean actor alongside Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson at the official homepage of the Hollywood summer blockbuster is also creating strong excitement and anticipation by the fans that Storm Shadow will portray a bigger role in the coming sequel.

April 17, 2012

Three New Slam Bang G.I. Joe: Retaliation Images

NIX beyondhollywood.com

GI-Joe-Retaliation-2012-Movie-Image1-600x250.jpg

Slam-bang in terms of action and Adrianne Palicki bringing the va-va-voom, of course. Reminds me of what a “Wonder Woman” TV show could have been, David E. Kelley’s mind-boggling participation notwithstanding. In any case, three new images from Jon Chu’s revival of the “Joe” franchise for your eyeballs below.

In the sequel, the Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra, but are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. That would be the Cobra Prez played by Jonathan Pryce, in case you aren’t keeping up with the Joe-verse.

The battling cast includes Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Ray Park, Joseph Mazzello, Arnold Vosloo, Elodie Yung, Walton Goggins, Byung-hun Lee, RZA, D.J. Cotrona, and Matt Gerald.

Retaliating June 29, 2012.

Adrianne-Palicki-in-GI-Joe-Retaliation-2012-Movie-Image1-600x900.jpg

Ray-Park-and-Dwayne-Johnson-in-GI-Joe-Retaliation-2012-Movie-Image-600x900.jpg

April 18, 2012

International banner for G.I. Joe: Retaliation revealed

Thanks to GeneralsJoes Twitter buddy Kenny, and also to SuperHeroHype.com for posting an image of an international banner for G.I. Joe: Retaliation! We get a good look at Roadblock, Joe Colton, a more military Lady Jaye and Storm Shadow.

A great series of shots.

gijoe_retaliation_int_banner.jpg

Guest nana544

LOL at The Rock's lying about cooking. I actually believe him that he knows how to cook. Also, I cannot wait to see part 2! I'm excited!

April 18, 2012

Bruce Willis Back To His Action Tricks In 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation'

But actor tells MTV News the sequel has 'action guys that can do things that I would never'

By Kara Warner (@karawarner) MTV.com

From what we've seen thus far, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has a lot of things going for it. First, there's that killer trailer, and second, there's its cast of A-list action stars that include Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Bruce Willis.

MTV News was lucky enough to catch up with the action legend recently, and we were able to glean some insider information from Willis regarding the specifics of his character, the expectedly kick-richard simmons General Joseph B. Colton.

Watch the interview clip

"Joe Colton actually is the original G.I. Joe," Willis explained. "In the story, he started the outfit a long time ago and that outfit is all the kids that have — I mean, they are kids. Everybody is kids to [me], but we had such a great cast in this film, really funny and strong and tough guys and funny guys. Pretty girls and funny at the same time."

Willis gave a special shout-out to "Friday Night Lights" alum Adrianne Palicki (a.k.a. Lady Jaye) for being especially entertaining during filming.

"That girl cracks me up. She's so funny. She made me laugh so many times, [she's] just great," Willis said. "[We've got] action guys that can do things that I would never. I can't even call myself an action guy. This guy Byung-hun Lee [storm Shadow] is so great. We're going to put him in another movie, he's so great, he's just awesome."

In addition to the return of Storm Shadow, the film's producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura told us that director Jon Chu has added many other elements from that aspect of the franchise. "We got red ninjas. We got Jinx. We have so much martial arts in this movie. It's really great," di Bonaventura said.

April 18, 2012

Thoughts on G.I Joe: Retaliation

GhostRiderfan1 comicbookmovie.com

I'm gonna start by saying I am probably one of the few people that actually enjoyed G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra. The CGI could've been a little better but wasn't bad, I never really knew G.I Joe but from what I do know. I think they did a pretty good job staying close to the source material (although the games graphics suck and I beat it in a day.) The movie had solid acting from it's cast, Stephen Sommers did a good job directing and gave us a solid film. Now this year Stephen Sommers is replaced by Jon Chu, and is giving us a down to earth gritty, more real take on the product (still trying to figure out who's playing Cobra Commander and what's the way they brought Storm Shadow back from the dead.) I personally wasn't excited for this movie because it felt more like a remake rather than a sequel. Similar to Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, but I see a possibility in Duke not dying in the movie thanks to recent pictures released on the internet. Although it might still happe, I hope they don't kill him off because Channing Tatum is a damn good actor and he makes a great Duke. Anyways, here are my thoughts.\

Casting choices: I am not happy that only four actors are back for Retaliation and I am very disappointed that five characters are back overall (What happened with Destro???!!!?!?!?) I like who they brought in for the movie for the new characters and I am kinda happy but disappointed that they brought in Dwayne Johnson for the movie. So as far as casting goes, I'm happy but mostly disappointed.

Director/Writer: I'm not familiar with Jon Chu, I don't know his style I've never seen any movies he's directed. So, I don't know what to expect from him. The writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, I expect them to answer my questions for the movie. I also expect them to have written a damn good script and a smart one at that because they did such a good job with Zombieland.

Look: I am loving the look for the movie. It's very grounded and darker and different than that of Rise of Cobra. The cinematography for the movie is (I'll be honest) one of the main attractions to the movie for me.

What we know: We know who's director, writer, who's starring in it and the basic plot. The action looks good and from the plot, you might as well say that the Joes are rebelling against the government in order to set things right and clear their name. There is alot of questions and speculations on the mind of the movie goer and Joe fans. Hopefully those questions are answered in a good way when we see the movie. The so called "spoilers" we got a few days ago, I don't really believe. But that's just me.

Final thoughts: G.I Joe: Retaliation is one that I think will surprise many and I am just now getting comfortable with the movie. I am speculating whether to see it in the theater or not, I'll probably see it with a friend though. The movie has a more interesting look but the questions I have that I hope the movie answers and the good cast are what's my draw in for the movie and probably for alot of people as well. The director of choice is quite discouraging as far as his filmography goes but the writers give me hope as well as the acting and the look. But ah well, it should be an interesting trip. If anything it'll at least be entertaining, bad or good.

April 19, 2012

New Character Poster for G.I. JOE: RETALIATION to Be Released Every Hour Today; Ours Will Post at 3PM (PST)

by Matt Goldberg collider.com

gi-joe-retaliation-title-slice.jpg

Paramount will be debuting eight character posters for G.I. Joe: Retaliation throughout the day. Every hour, a new character poster will go online at a different site, and we’ll update this article when that happens. The first poster has gone live, and you can check it out after the jump. Keep checking back for the latest poster. We’ll be debuting our character at 3pm (PST). [update: International sites refused to acknowledge the embargoes of Collider and other movie websites, so Paramount has given all of us the go-ahead to release our posters. Click here to check out ours, and hit the jump to check out all the ones that have hit the web thus far.]

G.I. Joe: Retaliation stars Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Channing Tatum, Walton Goggins, Ray Park, Byung-hun Lee, Elodie Yung, RZA, Ray Stevenson, and D.J. Cotrona. The film opens June 29th.

gi-joe-retaliation-poster-bruce-willis-405x600.jpg

Joe Coulton (Bruce Willis) poster via IGN.

gi-joe-retaliation-poster-snake-eyes-403x600.jpg

Snake Eyes (Ray Park) poster ia HeyUGuys.

gi-joe-2-poster-elodie-yung-jinx-406x600.jpg

Jinx (Elodie Yung) poster via Clone Web

gi-joe-2-poster-cobra-commander-405x600.jpg

Cobra Commander poster via /Film.

gi-joe-2-poster-adrianne-palicki-lady-jaye.jpg

lady-jaye-gi-joe-2-joblo.jpg

Lady Jaye (Adrianne Palicki) poster via JoBlo.

gijoe2_duke_poster_channing_tatum-405x600.jpg

Captain Duke Hauser (Channing Tatum) via Collider.

gi-joe-2-poster-byung-hun-lee-storm-shadow-404x600.jpg

Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) via Empire Australia

gi-joe-2-poster-dwayne-johnson-roadblock-389x600.jpg

Roadblock (Dwayne Johnson) via Yahoo! Movies.

gi-joe-2-poster-djcotrona-flint.jpg

Flint (DJ Cotrona) via Jon Chu

Here’s the official synopsis for G.I. Joe: Retaliation:

A follow-up to the 2009 release of G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA, which grossed over $300M worldwide, Paramount Pictures, MGM and Skydance Productions, in association with HASBRO and di Bonaventura Pictures, commences production on G.I. JOE: RETALIATION. In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Park, Adrianne Palicki, Jonathan Pryce, RZA, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. Directed by Jon M. Chu, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, from a screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick based on Hasbro’s G.I. Joe® characters, the film is scheduled to be released on June 29,2012.

Watch the interview clip HERE

Bruce Willis Really Likes The 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Cast

by Kevin P. Sullivan moviesblog.mtv.com

htm_2012042011120c010c011.jpg

It's hard when you're the original G.I. Joe and you've got all these young kids with their exploding motorcycles and cliff-side ninja fits to compete with. Bruce Willis knows the feeling.

MTV News caught up with the action legend as part of our Summer Movie Preview, and Willis had nothing but kind things to say about his younger co-stars.

But he does give credit where credit is due. In "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," Willis plays the Joe who was there when it all began, Original Joe. "Joe Colton is actually the original G.I. Joe," Willis said. "In the story, he started the outfit a long time ago, and that outfit are kids compared to us."

His co-stars might just be kids to him, but Willis could hardly stop himself dealing out the compliments when it came to the cast. "We had such a great cast in this film, really funny and strong and tough guys, pretty girls and funny at the same time," he said.

One of Willis' co-stars, in particular, had him chuckling on set. "Adrianne Palicki, who plays Lady Jaye in the film, had Willis laughing up a storm. "Adrianne Palicki, that girl cracks me up. She is so funny. She made me laugh so many times, just great," he said.

As for his male co-stars, a man of action himself, Willis was impressed by their work, especially Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow. "Action guys do things that I would never do. I can't even call myself an action guy," Willis said. "This guy, Byung-hun Lee, we're going to put him in another movie he's so great. He's just awesome."

April 20, 2012

Bruce Willis Praises 'G.I. Joe 2' Costar Lee Byung Hun

Source: Nate 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11 l 12 l 13 l 14 l 15 l 16 l 17 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Nancy Lee

Bruce Willis may be an action legend in Hollywood, but even he bows down to costar Lee Byung Hun’s impressive action acting.

The Hollywood star sat down for an interview with MTV News to talk about upcoming action film G.I. Joe: Retaliation, in which Willis stars as General Joseph B. Colton and Lee Byung Hun makes his return as villain Storm Shadow.

2012041917202079293_1.jpg

During the interview, Willis says, "[We′ve got] action guys that can do things that I would never. I can′t even call myself an action guy.” He then mentions Lee Byung Hun, saying, “This guy Byung Hun is so great. We′re going to put him in another movie, he′s so great. He′s just awesome.”

It appears hallyu star Lee Byung Hun isn’t just talking the talk but kicking some major richard simmons in Hollywood, and we’re sure fans can’t wait to see him reprise his role as Storm Shadow in the upcoming film, which is set to be released on June 29.

Bruce Willis sings the praises of his 'G.I. Joe 2' co-star, Lee Byung Hun

by leesa86 allkpop.com

Hollywood action film star Bruce Willis highly praised his '‘G.I. Joe 2' co-star Lee Byung Hun during a recent interview.

Bruce Willis talked about how he was cast in ‘G.I. Joe 2′ during a recent interview he conducted with MTV, and also mentioned his co-star Lee Byung Hun saying he was “so great“.

“He showed some action moves that I could never do,” Bruce Willis said in regards to Lee Byung Hun. “I can’t even call myself an action guy. This guy Byung-hun Lee [storm Shadow] is so great. We’re going to put him in another movie, he’s so great, he’s just awesome.”

With the ‘living legend’ of Hollywood himself highly singing his praises, fans’ expectations for Lee Byung Hun’s acting skills in ‘G.I. Joe 2′ are further increasing.

Lee Byung Hun will reprise his role as ‘Storm Shadow’ in the movie, and G.I. Joe hits the big screens this June.

April 19, 2012

Numbercrunching The GI Joe: Retaliation Character Banners

by Brendon Connelly bleedingcool.com

Number of females: 2

Number of these females doing the whole look at my butt thing we see in so many posters: 1

Number of men doing same: None. Of course

Proportion of females going sleeveless: 2/2.

Proportion of males going sleeveless: 1/6. But he’s topless, so there is that.

Number of masked badasses: 2

Number of people from the West wielding guns: 3

Number of people from the East wielding blades: 2

Number of characters looking out of frame at god only knows what: 5

Number of characters that I wish would stop staring at me: 3

Proportion of male characters over the age of 40 that have gone for the bald look: 2/2

Proportion of female characters over the age of 40: Don’t be silly.

Proportion of female characters over the age of 30: 1/2! Some sort of result. Something to build on.

I may or may not have seen a chunk of of GI Joe: Retaliation recently. I may or may not be able to tell you all about it next week. I am definitely telling you to keep your eyes peeled…

2012joes_poster.jpg

April 19, 2012

'G.I. Joe 2' Poster Roundup: New Improved Heroes and Villain

by Sandy Schaefer screenrant.com

Despite getting off to a bumpy start with 2009′s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, the live-action Joe franchise looks to take a big step in the right direction with this summer’s installment, G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Director Jon Chu’s decision to include more fan-favorite Joe characters – and abandon Rise of Cobra helmer Stephen Sommers’ cheesy approach to the series, in favor of a down n’ dirty, hard-hitting angle – has a lot to do with that.

We’ve rounded up the latest Retaliation character posters from around the ‘Net, as can be viewed in the gallery above. You can also read on for further analysis of the film – including, a breakdown of the personnel recruited to realize Chu’s new vision of the Joe universe – and for larger versions of each individual one-sheet.

Retaliation maintains narrative continuity with Rise of Cobra, in so far as the plot involves Cobra Commander’s spy Zartan (Arnold Vosloo) – having successfully infiltrated the higher echelons of the U.S. government – sending out an order for the Joe organization to be disbanded (and all its members killed). Those who survive the surprise attack band together to (what else) retaliate against Cobra’s forces, with help of the original “Real American Hero” himself: Joe Colton (Bruce Willis).

In addition to the Die Hard franchise icon, Retaliation features a verifiable cinematic badass in Dwayne Johnson (Fast Five) as Roadblock, Rise of Cobra stars Ray Park and Byung-hun Lee, returning as improved versions of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, respectively – alongside up-and-coming action starlets like Elodie Yung (District 13: Ultimatum) and Adrianne Palicki (the [almost] new Wonder Woman), playing Jinx and Lady Jaye – and Channing Tatum back as Duke… though, possibly, not for long.

Judging by the Retaliation trailers and TV spots, Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick’s script for the G.I. Joe sequel paved the way for Chu to produce some pretty exhilarating and cleverly-constructed action set pieces – be it a cliffside battle with swinging ninjas or visceral shootout/combat sequences set everywhere from the unsettled regions of Pakistan to government facilities around Washington, D.C.

When all that is combined with the steelier tone and upgraded cast, early signs point towards Retaliation being a potentially rip-roaring summer blockbuster that unfolds like a feature-length treatment of the 1980s G.I. Joe Saturday morning cartoon (the right way, this time around).

G.I. Joe: Retaliation strikes theaters around the U.S. on June 29th, 2012.

Source:

G.I. Joe Retaliation took over the movie universe earlier today with the release of eight awesome character posters

gi-joe-retaliation-character-posters.jpg

Also at

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l

April 20, 2012

G. I. Joe: Retaliation New Theatrical Trailer Coming Soon

by BCYOJOE hisstank.com

A little detective work led us to know that a New Theatrical Trailer for G. I. Joe: Retaliation is on its way.

This new trailer is listed on Alberta Film Ratings website; which previously helped us to find out about the 1st theatrical trailer of G. I. Joe 2.

The upcoming trailer is rated PG and will run for 2 minutes and 24 seconds. The trailer received the approval to be shown at theaters, on April 13th.

It is likely that the new trailer will debut along with a movie produced by Paramount Pictures. Mark your calendars for May 16th because “The Dictator” is set to release on that particular day.

Update: Thanks to our HISSTANK members, for pointing out that Marvel's The Avengers is coming out this May 4th. Keep your fingers crossed.

April 23, 2012

GI Joe: Retaliation Korean poster feat. Lee Byung Hun, Bruce Willis & Dwayne Johnson

Source: Nate

2012042311114851667_1.jpg

April 22, 2012

Lee Byung Hun's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" Poster Unleashed

by:
jbarky

3ced3944101c2ee0f9bd6faa6fd2d1b1_large.jpg

Lee Byung Hun’s “G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation” poster was recently revealed. Lee Byung Hun will be playing the very popular character Storm Shadow. The revealed poster shows off Lee Byung Hun’s rock-hard body and a determined Storm Shadow. (He is planning retaliation of his own?)

A different poster will be used for theaters in South Korea. As we have reported before, Lee Byung Hun will have increased screen time compared to the first film. Lee Byung Hun is also expected to increase viewership of the upcoming G.I. Joe film in Asia.

G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation is directed by John Choo and stars other Hollywood actors such as Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, and “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson. As we reported earlier, Bruce Willis said of Lee Byung Hun’s acting, “This guy, Byung-hun Lee, we’re going to put him in another movie he’s so great. He’s just awesome.”

April 23, 2012

2012 CinemaCon at Caesars:

Stallone, Scorsese, Theron, Pfeiffer, Garner

By Robin Leach lasvegasweekly.com

scaled.Arnold-Sylvester-Bruce-expendables_t420.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis.

Photo: Courtesy

If Tinseltown cameras grind to a halt this week and paparazzi cameras fail to snap its stars, don’t blame Las Vegas just because many of them are working and playing here right on the heels of the star-studded National Association of Broadcasters meetings and awards.

The four-day, all-star Hollywood invasion of the Strip begins today as the largest and most important gathering of global movie-theater owners gets underway at Caesars Palace. The galaxy of stars includes Sylvester Stallone, Martin Scorsese, Charlize Theron, Cameron Diaz, Michelle Pfeiffer and Jennifer Garner.

CinemaCon welcomes more than 5,000 professionals from the cinema industry to four days of movie previews, advance screenings, award ceremonies, panel discussions and a sold-out trade show of exhibitors. It’s the second year CinemaCon -- the official annual meeting of the National Association of Theater Owners -- is here, and Coca-Cola is the official presenting sponsor again.

MONDAY, APRIL 23

A gala world-premiere event with Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Animation showcasing selections from their upcoming 2012 releases celebrating 100 years of moviemaking. In advance of the presentation in the Colosseum, there will be three red-carpet appearances: Dwayne Johnson will be joined by co-stars D.J. Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, director Jon Chu and producer Lorenzo de Bonaventure from “G.I. Joe: Retaliation”; Chris Rock from “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted”; and Chris Pine with director Peter Ramsey from “Rise of the Guardians.”

April 23, 2012

DJ Cotrona's Flint Marks the Final G.I. Joe: Retaliation Character Poster

Source: Jon Chu via comingsoon.net

A final G.I. Joe: Retaliation character poster has been revealed thanks to director Jon M. Chu, who Tweeted the below image of DJ Cotrona as Flint.

Also starring Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis, G.I. Joe: Retaliation hits theaters on June 29th.

flint-joe-poster.jpg

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Final Character Poster is Flint

Source: thehdroom.com

G.I. Joe: Retaliation director Jon M. Chu has tweeted the final character poster from the film, none other than Flint (DJ Cotrona). There's no signature beret atop Flint's noggin, but that's not to say he won't don it before the film concludes. The poster scene and outfit appears to be from one of the film's opening sequences where the Joes are ambushed by Cobra in the desert.

Flint joins posters of his love interest Lady Jaye (Adrianne Palicki); Roadblock (Dwayne Johnson); Duke (Channing Tatum); the ninjas Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee), Snake Eyes (Ray Park) and Jinx (Elodie Yung); Joe Colton (Bruce Willis) and Cobra Commander.

Curiously missing from the G.I. Joe: Retaliation character poster barrage is the Cobra saboteur Firefly (Ray Stevensen). Not only is he is the second signature operative under Cobra Commander next to Storm Shadow, but he's also played by an actor whose face is recognizable enough to put on the poster.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation is both a reboot and sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and will be in theaters beginning June 29, 2012.

logo-2011-11-17.png

April 23, 2012

'G.I. Joe 2' Director Jon M. Chu on Courting Bruce Willis and Creating A Sequel 'For People Who Don't Know Anything About G.I. Joe'

by Todd Gilchrist THR

The director of "Step Up 2 the Streets" and "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" talks to THR about enlisting Willis and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to reboot the cast and concept of the forthcoming sequel.

When Paramount Pictures announced that director Jon M. Chu was taking the helm of G.I. Joe: Retaliation, the highly anticipated sequel to 2009’s The Rise of Cobra, fans of the original film were perhaps understandably skeptical. Although Chu established an impressive pedigree for pleasing crowds with Step Up 2 the Streets and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, he hadn’t courted genre fans before, much less with a property that had decades of mythology to condense into two tight hours of entertainment. But after the studio premiered a trailer late in 2011 that not just hinted at real big-screen spectacle but exuded loyalty to the brand while still feeling fresh and irreverent, some of those fans’ concerned were allayed -- at least until they head into theaters June 29 to see the movie.

Chu spoke to The Hollywood Reporter during South by Southwest, where he ironically appeared at a panel that was part of the festival’s Interactive programming. In addition to talking about the film’s high-profile casting choices of Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis, Chu offered some insights about how Retaliation will be different from its predecessor and how his lifelong affection for the franchise helped build a film that both razes comparisons to previous interpretations of the source material and pays homage to its roots.

The Hollywood Reporter: What was the process of getting Bruce Willis to appear in G.I. Joe: Retaliation?

Jon M. Chu: He was always our dream guy to play Joe Colton, the original Joe, [but] I didn’t necessarily know if he would ever do something like this. It’s such a very specific brand -- the character Joe Colton exists, but not really. But the question I keep getting from people like my mom is, “Well, who plays Joe?” And there is no Joe, but we had this character Joe Colton that we built into the movie that would help bring it back to the basics. That was a big part of the movie -- these guys don’t have laser guns; they are relearning how to be a soldier on the ground, how to be a leader, how to make moral decisions, all those things, reset it all. And Bruce is the guy [to anchor that]. So Lorenzo [di Bonaventura] reached out to him, but when you’re courting Bruce it’s not like, "He’s going to do it – yay!" It’s months and months of winning his trust, him learning about who I am and learning what the brand is about. And I never really thought it would fully happen until he showed up on set, but he came through and he was awesome. I mean, he exudes the tone of the movie because he’s so cool and he’s so that guy but at the same time doesn’t take himself too seriously. He just gives you that little wink, or whenever he says one line you just get it. So it was fun -- and to have [him and Dwayne Johnson] both next to each other is blowing my mind. They love each other, Bruce and Dwayne. I'm surprised they’ve never been in a movie together, so Bruce, him and then the brand, G.I. Joe, they all just up the ante. No matter what I do in the movie, it already has a specific tone.

THR: It was a great thing to get Dwayne involved as well.

Chu: That is what took us the longest. We were already doing design work -- the costumes, the set work. Everything was like closing in, and we did not have a cast yet, but we all knew that it was important to find the right guy that would set everything up. And when you look out in the landscape, who is that masculine action hero that isn’t just a pretty boy? Dwayne is that, and he’s charming, and he’s family-friendly. So when we met and sat down with him, we connected really quickly.

THR: He works hard. Not all of his movies have been incredible, but you can always tell that he’s really trying to make it work.

Chu: And that was truly the case. He comes from a military family -- his cousin is in active duty, I believe, right now -- and so he comes from a very real place. He’s like, "This means a lot to me in terms of the military men and women out there and servicing that and their kids, to know that like their parents are heroes." And yes, we’re in a fantasy world, but it represents the same ideals. And so we’ve had a lot of long, long discussions about that, and he worked hard on honing the character, learning all about Roadblock. So it’s just fun to explore how they changed things throughout the comic book and the toys. They would just make up facts, so it’s hard to like come up with the actual “who he is,” but we got to pick and choose, which is nice. But he wasn’t like movie star diva or something like that, like, “Well, I'm the guy, so why would I crawl on the floor right now?” He was down. And when you think about who represents the ultimate iconic action hero or action figure, he’s the only one right now. The only other ones are old-school guys like Bruce. And to have both of them pays homage to the history, also sort of bridges the gap for the people who don’t know anything about G.I. Joe at all. It really, really is nice.

THR: What prompted the decision to reboot the cast and everything? Was it really unavailability, or was that a choice you and/or the studio came to?

Chu: Part me, part not me. And by the time I came in, they had a script already -- but not fully there, and we added a lot of things. Like Joe Colton wasn’t in the movie. We added that and Roadblock and things like that that weren’t just in there yet, but we knew we wanted to create a different world. You can’t discount the first movie at all -- it was huge, and people loved it -- but for me what I love about Joe is that everybody has interpreted theirs different ways. The comic book interprets it in one way. Even in the cartoon series, they switched theme songs in the middle, and so everybody interprets it in a different way. So for me, I was like, "Let’s jump to a different part of the Joe world." It’s the same world, but at a different point. So when I pitched it, that was the idea: Let’s pay homage to the old stuff but also do new stuff. G.I. Joe was ultimate mash-up before mash-up ever existed, so that’s perfect right now. And all the kids who don’t know anything about G.I. Joe -- who only know Call of Duty, who stole all their stuff from G.I. Joe -- let’s reclaim it and do it better.

THR: Do you fully address getting rid of the guys from the previous film at the beginning of the movie, or how does that sort of work?

Chu: Yes and no. We address a little bit, but also leave some of it up in the air. But in my mind, the movie was never about them; the movie is about our characters that you introduced from the beginning. We wanted people to come into this movie and, if you haven’t seen the first movie, be totally OK, which is actually pretty tough because Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are hard to explain to somebody who had never seen G.I. Joe. But we leave some of it open, so you’ll see.

April 23, 2012

G.I. Joe Retaliation 2nd Trailer Preview from ET

Watch on YOUTUBE, clip & capture courtesy hisstank.com

Retaliation-Trailer-06_1335224864.jpg

G.I. Joe: Retaliation footage from Entertainment Tonight

First of all, I apologize for the delay in getting this posted. I am in Kansas City on business and every once in a while, the job’s gotta come first.

Now that my belly is full and our corporate visions for the next year are decided, time for G.I. Joe! The guys over at HissTank.com not only got screen grabs, but also uploaded the ET Footage to YouTube, and holy hell is it awesome.

We get Cobra Commander firing from some cool looking Cobra helicopter, we have Zartan wounding himself and healing (with trademark blue skin!!) and we have mutha fuggin HISS Tanks. HISS. TANKS. Woah. If I’m getting this geeked out over the footage from ET, how is the trailer going to hit me? Anyway, check out the ET footage, courtesy of HissTank.com.

New GIJOE Trailer On The Way Midnight PST

by DESTRO hisstank.com

HISSTANK.com has just got word that at Midnight PST www.Machinima.com will be hosting the new GIJOE Retaliation Movie Trailer. Rumor has it, that there will be new footage of the Retaliation HISS Tank, Cobra Commander walking with Cobra Troopers and Zartan showing off his powers. Nothing can be confirmed at this time but we are only a few short hours away from the launch window.

If you cant wait until 3AM EST, there is a chance that ET (Entertainment Tonight) will be showing small clips of the upcoming trailer before the full trailer hits on Machinima Midnight PST.

Archived