The Official Job Thread

Guest xx_smilez

Guest falling U P

Wow, I had no idea that there was a height requirement and also... having straight teeth is a plus as well? Hehe! Well I guess that's right though, I wouldn't want someone with a messed up grill serving me some food on an airplane. :lol:

I always thought about becoming a flight attendant though, I'm just afraid of perverts. You know... how you have to walk down an aisle and everything, guys are bound to stare and touch you "accidentally". You can never trust people anywhere. -__-;;

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Maybe she's got a man on the side, because flight attending is definitely not a job that makes bank. Starting out even, one makes less than 20 grand yearly. ouchh.

They don't make that little. :crazy: They make that little only the first year they start out. (due to inexperince)

Also your salary will depend on the company. If you're working for a bigger more well known airline you can make up to 50 grand a year, median is about $35-40 I think. The longer you work for them the higher your salary gets due to experince. And most of the time lots of airlines offer you and your family free tickets so you can go on vacation.

Height varies in between 5'2 and 6'0. All airlines have different requirements. Also your weight has to be proportioned to your height.

Guest Jangoon

flight attendents are mega hot

i think asiana attendents are hotter than korean air!

i remember being like 6 or 7 and then asked the flight attendent for a hug and then i grabbed her boobs! yeahhh

Guest nobody knows

found out from my mom that my aunt is actually 5'4.5" =X

that's still tall -__________________-

and she's very pretty too. I think she works in AA? Or something?

Guest desertseatingoceans

I was thinking about it which is why I'm applying for the tourism program at one of the universities here. I want to travel so why not do it for a job?

Guest lil_3na

OMG stella me too!

But guess what I'm like shorter than you are -__-

And I also heard that it depends on what airlines it is..

Do you remember hana kang onni? Well she works at EMIRATES now!

And I think she was shorter than us =b SO yes.. we might have a chance? =b

Far out but I regret not learning more languages at school!!

My cousin was like its better to start with national aeroplanes..

Like in Australia and work yourself up~ But yeh..

Talk to you more about it on Saturday if your coming =b

Far out but I regret not learning more languages at school!!

For me it would be the perfect job especially since I do speak a few languages and I love to travel and have no problem with jet lag or always being away. I think it would be easy for me to get a job as well due to my experiense of speaking languages and living all over the world. But the thing is I'm only 5'0. :tears::tears::tears::tears:

There goes my dream job because of genes. :tears::tears: My brother is 5'9 and he's only 16. THAT BASTARD! :angry: I wonder where he got his genes from.

Guest sphynkter

it's pretty hard to become a flight attentdant. you have to be tall enough and not be ugly. you have to make it through the sessions of interviews. when you actually do get pass the interviews you start the training. in the beginning you get like crap flights. the hours are all over the place and you have to be on your feet for pretty much the whole flight. it's one of those jobs where you won't have any family time and it will ruin your health because of the time. it may look like such a fun job in the dramas but there's a lot behind it.

Guest itz_n_obsession

*raise hand* me me me! I love to travel a lot! i never really thought about hi jacking since my mind is always on the beautiful place i am going to visit.

Guest KuYA II

^ sphynkter

really? my friend told me that you can...but maybe she would probobly be paid more because she can speak in 3 different languages. She wants to be in those international airplanes or something like that.

English, Korean, and Japanese =P

cathay is hiring flight attendent on the west coast, (SFO to be exact)

however there is a language requirment where u need to speak more then english, and a minium reach requirment

the pay might not be that great, but everything you do when you travel is all paid for, hotels and meals. the money you keep are really all yours

Archived