Guest xx_smilez

Guest DorkIeSE⑦EN

at a daycare which only lasted for about a week

the pay was ridiculous compared to the hours that they gave me

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xsilentangel

Newspaper carrier, I thought I would make a lot more money than I did.. crappy -_-.. I just quit LOL. It was like a summer job for clothes/etc.

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

Lifeguard/swimming instructor~~

How much do you get pay for lifeguard?? a friend of mine is making like 12$ something per hour. gets about like 99$ a day. i'll be taking my bronze medallion this semptember adn then continue with the rest of the lifeguard class.

My very first job was a news paper carrier. i applied at some places but still haven't received any call.....

Guest Noochie

My current job is my first job and I'm a cashier at Shopko. I love it! It's so much fun. Except when there's no one around it goes by really slowly and it's so boring. But I still love it! lol.

Guest suki_*

How much do you get pay for lifeguard?? a friend of mine is making like 12$ something per hour. gets about like 99$ a day. i'll be taking my bronze medallion this semptember adn then continue with the rest of the lifeguard class.

My very first job was a news paper carrier. i applied at some places but still haven't received any call.....

Hey my first job was a lifeguard/swimming instructor too i get paid $12 and hour. and $25 for private lessons. You need to complete more than those classes, get your NLS and Standard First Aid AND your Instructors course, then you will be hired. They want ppl both certified to be a lifeguard and instructor, odds are low if they would hire a person who is only certified in one area.

My first job was working at the Boys and Girls Club. It was a pretty cool gig...I got to play basketball and hang around the gym all day.

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

Hey my first job was a lifeguard/swimming instructor too i get paid $12 and hour. and $25 for private lessons. You need to complete more than those classes, get your NLS and Standard First Aid AND your Instructors course, then you will be hired. They want ppl both certified to be a lifeguard and instructor, odds are low if they would hire a person who is only certified in one area.

yeah i know about NLS, bronze cross, standard first-aid and CPR-C(already got that though).

I don't know if i would want to be an instructor.

Guest lady_muimui

My first job (which is the job I'm currently working at) is a retail job at Victoria's Secret. My co-workers are all very nice and I like it. We get free stuff from time to time and an awesome discount.

Guest suki_*

yeah i know about NLS, bronze cross, standard first-aid and CPR-C(already got that though).

I don't know if i would want to be an instructor.

You'll have to be an instructor, i don't know if it's the same for the states but for Canada, you need to be certified in both in order to get hired. The reason is because there are more teaching shifts than lifeguarding so it's almost a lucky shift if any staff on the team would have a chance in lifeguarding. It's also good to learn the Defribulator course too, every pool is going to be equiped with one, and if something doesn happen it's always good to be ready and know how to use those panels well =)

Being an Instructor actually wasn't half as bad as i thought. Girls are better at teaching the younger kids because they have a more friendly aura than guys (alotta guy instructors just give out a straight scary face.. to kids that are like.. 3 years old) lol and girls know how to handle kids better when they cry. So it's a good thing if you teach too :)

Guest sglolligirldd

hmm just for this summer alone...well since april-august...i've gotten 3 jobs haha. theyre all waitressing...taiwanese tea places in la.

1st job was at AU 79 tea house in arcadia...i loved it...but little tip n they only paid me $5.75/hr so i had to quit T_T

• 3 months later...

i doooooo =]

okay i think this is in the right section :rolleyes:

does anyone know how tall you generally have to be for the airlines?

specifically asian airlines? or some asian airline :lol:

i know for quantas you have to be 163~183cm >.< except im only about 160cm =[

*Sigh*

and any other information? =] i know minimum age is 18

im only 16 though :phew:

Guest shazvaz15

i'd be too scared to be one..

hijacking scares me the most..

and whenever i'm in a plane i always think something bad is going to happen like that scene on lost when the plane crashed...

sigh

i'm too chicken to be a flight hostess..

but i reckon it'd be a cool job esp. travelling to different countries even though sometimes you don't stay there that long at least you can say "yeahh well i've been france, china, korea, italy...."

Archived