The Official Job Thread

Guest xx_smilez

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Seraphic_Gin

..,it's one of my choices! my mom said nurses are a plus if you want to be a flight attendant, im taking one now, so if all else fails i might apply. in emirates, i think you have to be the model type of height around 5'7? i dont know. and you have to speak at least 5 major language.

i don't know with asian airlines though, maybe learn another asian language, and perfect english i guess? i think the height requirements might be lower. not sure.

they say it's a plus if you have straight teeth and good vision. the last part is still in the process hahhahaha!!!

Guest dancingbymyself

I wanna be one, (not on an azn airline though because my korean is horrible. :sweatingbullets: ) I always thought it would be cool to travel and stuff. (plus if i ever got hijacked, i'd pull out built in azn ninja skillz, and if that didn't work i'd get drunk and pull out my mad irish street balling skillz (pretend we lost a football match or something.))

hehe i wanna be one too~~

my mom is ... =X she's not too happy about it but i'm gonna go into hotel management (my guidance counselor said it would benefit you ..??) ..i heard you have to be around 5'6" - 7" ..i just wanna do anything with traveling lol

..oh and my grandparents said you have to be stick skinny ..i don't believe that's true though .....

Guest nobody knows

my aunt is one

and let's say she gets paid a LOT

because you're risking your life going on planes so much, you never know when the plane might be faulty, or crash down, be hijacked..

and also, you have to work pretty often, by going to other places. Which means less time for family/free time

(you could also be harassed by random people on the plane. My aunt was in the newspaper for kicking someone because he touched her@.@)

Guest Malice_Kaiser

(you could also be harassed by random people on the plane. My aunt was in the newspaper for kicking someone because he touched her@.@)

ROFL. Go your aunt! :lol:

Anyway. I think it'd be cool to be a flight attendant. You get to go lots of places for free and you get paid a lot...

i know that the airlines in korea (korean air and asiana) have height requirements. this is so you can be able to help people stow away their overhead bags. i think you have to be around 5'5". i think i've heard it's the same in japan, and i haven't heard about anywhere else, but i'd be surprised if it's much different.

Guest xosweetie

You need to be really cheerful and be patient enough to cater annoying passengers. (therefore, always have a smile on)

You have to have a quick-wit and be able to ahndle situations quickly and calmly. Dont' be clumsy and foolish.

You have to be pretty (mostly for asian airlines) and yes they don't accept fat people because there's not enough room on airlines. Fat people tend to be a bit slower, not as healthy to handle airline altitude, and will take up a lot of room on the plane.

Guest stellabella

Yeah I think you have to be a certain height so that reaching the top where your bags go wouldn't be a problem.

I would really re-consider this as a job though. It doesn't pay much at all. And your body will suffer if you plan on attending international flights.

Guest nobody knows

I would really re-consider this as a job though. It doesn't pay much at all. And your body will suffer if you plan on attending international flights.

I hope you're kidding @.@

my aunt has like every single main brand purse/shoes there is (I think)

she has a closet in her entrance just for her shoes and purses

and her clothes hamper.. washing.. closet room thing has another closet thing just for purses D:

filthy rich. I want her money D:

Guest stellabella

I hope you're kidding @.@

my aunt has like every single main brand purse/shoes there is (I think)

she has a closet in her entrance just for her shoes and purses

and her clothes hamper.. washing.. closet room thing has another closet thing just for purses D:

filthy rich. I want her money D:

Nope. Maybe she's got a man on the side, because flight attending is definitely not a job that makes bank. Starting out even, one makes less than 20 grand yearly. ouchh.

Guest nobody knows

Nope. Maybe she's got a man on the side, because flight attending is definitely not a job that makes bank. Starting out even, one makes less than 20 grand yearly. ouchh.

She is married, but that doesn't make a huge difference (he spends a lot @.@)

maybe in different countries, the salaries are differ. My aunt lives in Taiwan

Guest moonies

yeah my friend told me being a flight attendant doesn't pay well but if you're lucky, you might be able to see lot of actors and singers....i also heard that if you're late, the plane will leave without you and you'll be stuck at a foreign country

i used to! it sounds so fun and all but then.. there aer lots of disadvantages

you can become one forever, you have o transfer and be on the floor in stead when u turn 50 and become old...

and u always have to be away from your family

different time zone, no stable timeable

Guest rockydonnatelli

i want to be a flight attendant too.

u get to travel around which i love.

and the salery is bad when you start but you can make up 50,000 a year later on

Eva's Requirment:

A permanent resident of yoy base country

University/college graduate

Female, single and under 25 years of age

At least 160cm in height, weight in proportion to height

Fluency in written and spoken English and Base country's languages

(Knowledge of Mandarin or Taiwanese will be advantage)

TOEFL score above 133 or TOEIC score above 550

Pleasant personality and appearance

In good general health with good eyesight

Archived