[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Guest jdkk09

It's funny how Joon's mom did an about face when it comes to the Inha/Yoonhee relationship.  "Be together, get married" but not Joon/Hana.  I'm confused with that character.  I just don't understand her motivation.  What's her purpose?  She doesn't have a relationship with either her son or ex-husband so why be so whiny, clingy.  She made the choice when she married Inha, to put up with the fact that he was in love with Yoonhee.  Did she think he was going to change?  Especially when it's been alluded to the fact that she's an alcoholic and has mistakes? she's made during the marriage.  How was that behavior going to endear her to her husband and son?  It's like crying after spilled milk.  Hyejin is the one jarring character (like fingernails on a chalkboard).  Grating and unsympathetic.  If you hate something change it, if you can't change it ..MOVE ON!  That's what I dislike about Hyejin.  And then to enlist Miho in her manipulations.  Now that's a toxic relationship.  

We're moving to the conclusion.  I hope we  have a happy ending.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how Joon's mom did an about face when it comes to the Inha/Yoonhee relationship.  "Be together, get married" but not Joon/Hana.  I'm confused with that character.  I just don't understand her motivation.  What's her purpose?  She doesn't have a relationship with either her son or ex-husband so why be so whiny, clingy.  She made the choice when she married Inha, to put up with the fact that he was in love with Yoonhee.  Did she think he was going to change?  Especially when it's been alluded to the fact that she's an alcoholic and has mistakes? she's made during the marriage.  How was that behavior going to endear her to her husband and son?  It's like crying after spilled milk.  Hyejin is the one jarring character (like fingernails on a chalkboard).  Grating and unsympathetic.  If you hate something change it, if you can't change it ..MOVE ON!  That's what I dislike about Hyejin.  And then to enlist Miho in her manipulations.  Now that's a toxic relationship.  

I agree HJ is a hateful person she is so self involved that she can't see anything beyond herself, now she is approving marriages as if she was the pope when she has no business in it. If her son was a son like others in korean dramas that live at home or that is more at home fine but he is independent from her and his dad, first guy in kdramas that has a life other than his parent's (thanks writers) but I blame In Ha for her behavior more than her, she couldn't be fix she was like that since she was in college, remember how even though she wasn't with IH she was always checking what he was doing. He knew that from the beginning she didn't hypnotized him and got him to marry her, he knew all of her hateful faults yet he married her and on top of that after the divorce he still went to eat dinner at home as if they were married??? that puzzled me, that is a man that can't stand up for himself, he couldn't say no, I take my son out to eat today and that is that. Poor Joon said that his mom didn't let his dad see him and he didn't know that, but what is wrong with IH is about time he decides to grow a spine and stand up. Imagine an ex telling you is ok to marry so and so... he had to say in tougher words just get the out of here and let me live my life and you live yours...

Guest jdkk09

I agree HJ is a hateful person she is so self involved that she can't see anything beyond herself, now she is approving weddings as if she was the pope when she has no business in it.  If her son was a son like others in korean dramas that live at home or that is more at home fine but he is independent from her and his dad, first guy in kdramas that has a life other than his parent's (thanks writers) but I blame In Ha for her behavior more than her, she couldn't be fix she was like that since she was in college, remember how even though she wasn't with IH she was always checking what he was doing.  He knew that from the beginning she didn't hypnotized him and got him to marry her, he knew all of her hateful faults yet he married her and on top of that after the divorce he still went to eat dinner at home as if they were married??? that puzzled me, that is a man that can't stand up for himself, he couldn't say no, I take my son out to eat today and that is that.  Poor Joon said that his mom didn't let his dad see him and he didn't know that, but what is wrong with IH is about time he decides to grow a spine and stand up.  Imagine an ex telling you is ok to marry so and so... he had to say in tougher words just get the out of here and let me live my life and you live yours...

Yeah! Inha has irritated me with his passiveness.  Are they trying to draw a parallel between Hana/Inha?  They both have been given to collapsing their desires for the happiness of others.  It keeps being mentioned about both thinking of their own happiness.  I figured Inha for a stronger character, especially when you view the scene of him chasing after Yoon-hee when he sees her after 30 years.  You know that mad dash down the rainy streets to catch up to her and pursue her.  He wasn't timid or passive at that time.  The writing seems lopsided and unbalanced to me.  

Guest Asianatic

Well....Asianatic...it would have been nice to see more mother/daughter interaction too.  But, I guess the writer is trying to say that in the beginning, even though I'm pretty sure a lot of people here don't see it that way, Hana was always for her mom, she even tries to meet up with IH in Japan to tell him to see her mother.  She paid attention more to her mother than to herself which in turn hurt the person she loves a lot.  So, I guess the writer is trying to say that now, she has made up her decision and she will follow Joon where ever he wants to go.  Joon in the beginning, as the writer wrote it, never knew how to take other people's feelings into consideration, but after wanting to be with Hana so much and having all these things happen, he started to feel for other people.  Being that Joon always wants his own happiness, he would want to stay with Hana and try to solve the other problems that come their way.  It might seemed like Joon grew up more, but I think it has a lot to do with their upbringing.  Joon learned how to deal with problems that come his way because his parents were apart and well, Hana, had her mother's love the whole time.  For Hana to know how to deal with these problems, she has to first experience if first and well, this is her first time which makes it look like she is going back and forth.  She doesn't want Joon to be unhappy so she acts all cute in front of him.  If her mother wasn't on her mind, then she didn't need chocolates to cheer her up.  She wouldn't have to ask for anything and just go to bed.  I don't know, I may just be rambling a lot sorry.

I hear you. Hey, no need to say sorry......Have you forgotten the theme of LR......Love means never having to say sorry.....LOL. I watched the original film...Ali Mccraw is so beautiful! 

It's just that I wanted Hana to show a little concern for her mom especially after seeing her in such a sorry state at the bus stop. Now that she's been reunited with Joon ...... I wanted her to make a little effort with her mom. .....especially after knowing that mom had decided not to get married to her first and only love for whom she had been pining all her life. I guess I wanted Hana to become more thoughtful like Joon. 

I was pleasantly surprised when during the gateway Joon and Hana seem to feel bad for their parents . It wasn't all fun and being cute together... They seemed to be reflecting on their parent's sacrifice and it seemed to weigh heavily on their  mind. Tho ' they vow to push on and stick together.......it almost seemed like they knew it wasn't going to be easy.....not because of other  people's opposition so much but.....the thought that their happiness is at the cost of their parents ....

I get it that this is Hana's first love and she was also told by her mom that she must now only think of her own happiness. All the more reason to show some appreciation to her mom. OK....I am rambling.....I think I am over analysing. But sometimes a little scene will make a huge difference to the drama. Maybe we should blame the editor of the drama!!

Joon going to Yoon Hee and Hana going to In Ha in each other's behalf was kind of sweet. I find Joon taking care of Yoon Hee was sweet too, asking Sunho and Dongwook to convince her have her eyes checked and undergo treatment. And I was relieved when he told his father about yoon Hee's illness.

The last scene is so heartbreaking, the four of them. What will happen in the last two episodes? Will the kids give up for the older couple? a time jump? But I don't hope for them to be married with somebody else...

Hye Jung?... Just go to hell....me don't care LOL

and may I add, Sunho is such an adorable guy, Why not give him someone to love, an awesome partner too? PD nim please?

lyra_brillantez ~ THANKS for the EPISODE 18 transcaps

semi-fly ~ THANKS too for the raw links

it's funny to read the ending of a drama before started it :blink:

To come back to love rain i am a little worried that people are more interessed in how this drama will finish than the qualities of the lasts episodes of this drama. The only interest of love rain now is his end? it's like poeple want only jump to episode 20 already.

~ people are interested about the ending is because they can hope to second guess what is the PD and the writer will do . . . most people shun away from this drama because they say it was the same old formula of both the PD and writer . . . that's why people are curious how it would differ from the other works that they've done . . . to me, i think that this last 2 episodes are SLOWLY tying up the loose ends in the story . . . i just hope that it doesn't get too draggy now and disappoint me . . . there are still several characters that are at a loose end . . . and do you think the writer's gonna fill in those gaps years of the 70's? like what happened why they thought that YH died?

~ ha ha ha, i really laugh at that too . . . i thought, "what the heck with this woman?" . . . first, she considers In Ha to be her property for 30 years and now her son . . . this is like "huh" :wacko: . . . she is such a pushover to In Ha and to Joon too . . . again, i just hope that the writer doesn't make her and Miho the typical, overrated villain in kdramas!!! . . . writer-nim give me some ending that i cannot predict please but with no one's dying or breaking up <_<

Yeah! Inha has irritated me with his passiveness.  Are they trying to draw a parallel between Hana/Inha?  They both have been given to collapsing their desires for the happiness of others.  It keeps being mentioned about both thinking of their own happiness.  I figured Inha for a stronger character, especially when you view the scene of him chasing after Yoon-hee when he sees her after 30 years.  You know that mad dash down the rainy streets to catch up to her and pursue her.  He wasn't timid or passive at that time.  The writing seems lopsided and unbalanced to me.  

~ i agree with you, i had hopes that the writer would at least make In Ha's character stronger in order to fight either for Joon or Yoon Hee . . . but in this last episode, i was a bit disappointed that he is still the same introvert person and is always last to speak up for himself . . . Joon is indeed a way different person from him and i like it that he was the one to tell his father about YH's illness

Guest taranutan

[quote name='sakki ^_^' date='22 May 2012 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1337720080' post='17781680']why they thought that YH died?

In an earlier epsiode Changmo blamed Hye Jung for lying to everyone that YH died. I think it's the scene where Hye Jung was drinking and pinkberrying to Changmo about her hubby meeting YH again.

~ i remember that scene, but it doesn't answer the question on how she did that? did she made that up to get in ha give up on yoon hee? and is chang mo a conspirator on that secret too? don't you think this should be revealed too?

An article I just stumbled upon, credits to Drama Haven:

Jang Geun Suk’s Magic – 5% Ratings to 50 Billion Revenue

“The actor who multiplies that value 10 billion times.”

Actor Jang Geun Suk has proven his strong power. On the eve of the grand finale of KBS2 Monday and Tuesday drama “Love Rain” starring by him, he makes the calculator very busy. Counting only broadcasting rights export fees and advertising sales, the totaled amount exceeded 50 billion South Korean won (about 42.8 million US dollar). Comparing with national average viewership ratings of 5% (based on AGB Nielson media research), the result rises by 10 billion times.

“Love Rain” is the drama starring by Jang Geun Suk who is known as “new Hallyu” and “Star of Asia.” It has received the attention of overseas markets at a very early stage. The drama is exported to Japan before the broadcast began for about 9 billion South Korean won (about 7.7 million US dollar), setting the highest record domestically for about 4500 million South Korean won per episode (about USD $385000 per episode).

At the same time, the drama is exported to 12 countries including China, Thailand, other Asian countries, United States and some European countries. It’s speculated that excluding Japan, the per episode price for the export contract signed is about 110 million South Korean won (about USD $94,150). Thus, with 12 countries and 20 episodes, the amount tallies to 36 billion South Korean won (about 30.82 million US dollar) value of export, plus Japan’s 9 billion South Korean won totaled 45 billion South Korean won (about 38.5 US dollar) sales volume.

At the same time, advertising revenue cannot be ignored. According to an official of AGB Nielson Media Research company in the phone interview with Sports Hankooki, “The ads were completely sold in episode 1 and 2, were sold 90% in episode 3 and 4, and were sold 80% from episode 5 to episode 18.”

“Love Rain” is selling each ads at about 13.2 million South Korean won (about USD $11300) for the 28 advertising slots of each episode. If assuming the ads selling rate for episode 19 and 20 is also 80%, and total number of ads slots is 456, and advertising sales revenue is hitting 6 billion South Korean won (about 5.12 million US dollar).

An official of KBS drama bureau said in the phone interview with Sports Hankooki, “It’s all thanks to Jang Geun Suk and Girls’ Generation member YoonA who are in the center of K-Pop euphoria, only that it’s a pity for the low viewership ratings.”

Jang Geun Suk is filming the TV series until May 28th, 2012. After the end of the drama, he will begin his overseas activities. The first Japanese album “Just CRAZY” is planned, and the “The Cri Show2″ concert tour is scheduled to begin in July in Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand and other Asian countries.

via Hankooki

~ waah, so much money it has generated

Guest prettyoungthing

'Love Rain' 1 minute and 30 seconds without dialogue

'Love Rain' eyes only, without a single line

'Love Rain', Jang-Yoon-Jung Jin Young-Lee Mee Sook Scenes brilliant performance

http://news.nate.com/view/20120523n05556

http://news.nate.com/view/20120523n04580

http://news.nate.com/view/20120523n07439

201205230903777999_1.jpg

20120523_1337729933_94453900_1.jpg

:wub: I think the last scene/scenes above of last night episode is attracting attention.

Guest mind.love

^I'm hoping more people will join us for the last two episodes of the drama next week. And its great reading from different reports that Love Rain is gaining popularity...even though its late, but I guess 'better late than never'.

I wonder what this article is talking about. Its has a pictures of JKS and YoonA.

http://news.nate.com/view/20120523n08414?mid=e0103

Dang. Love Rain is making the big bucks without needing big rating. That's a great compliment.

I love Joon -Hana couple to death but I get a feeling that it will be an In Ha - Yoon Hee and Sun Ho - Hana ending. Somehow I can see Joon being the drama's ultimate sacrifice. For some episodes now, they've been building the Sun Ho - Hana loveline, subtle but it's there. Sun Ho being the "go to guy" for the younger couple, it's like, he's part of the equation though.

This is what I love about Love Rain, with 2 episodes to go, we still don't know where the drama is heading.

Still, I WANT to see a JOON - HANA happy ending.

Please....please... I really want the young couple be together at the end of this drama....and..yes..the last 1 min & 30 sec scene was amazing :wub: ..please..joon& hana don't give up your love...for in ha and yoon hee...i know it is sad to them for not being together..but I think they can be happy also as a friend...they still can take care of each other..even Joon also give us the prove that he also can take care of yoon hee. and Hana of course she will.

* in this drama it already 2 times Hana put a ring in Joon finger...and this maybe something new cause I always saw in korean drama a boy that usually do that....SO.. can I see Joon do it the same in the last 2 episode..and this time a weeding ring please....Maybe inha & yoon hee will be happy with the up coming grandchild??? :wub: :wub:

and for Hye Jung? can't she be a good mum for once?? If she still not..just don't care about her... tongue2.gif

Guest prettyoungthing

I really give a BOW to the writer for keeping us blind and the freedom to make our own analysis and speculations right at the very end.

The great manifestation of LOVE is sacrifice. Up to date, i am still pondering who among the four will eventually sacrifice in the name of LOVE. :wub: What makes it hard to determine with absolute certainty is the fact that any of the four lead characters has the ability and capacity to make that ultimate sacrifice as shown in the previous episodes. Respectively, they have consciously at one point sacrificed their feelings in favor of the others, maybe except for Joon, but he has become more human and feeling since he met Hana.

Another point is that no character is that evil, cunning, and manipulative apart from Hyejung (mildly evil but not quite). She is just a part of the BUMP but never really the cause nor would dictate the outcome of this drama. Her presence is just an emotional threat to both Inha & Joon which is quite and i love it a deviation from most drama's antagonists.

The acting of the four leads are getting raves :wub:

Guest allstarry

Joon became thoughtful cause he now has nothing big to deal with, I mean everyone around him always act nice to him since the beginning, he always gets what he wants, even her evil mom became soft because of him. It's him who was always self-centered person, imo the problem in Joon character is Joon himself, he failed to listen to anyone, now when he changed, thinks more about others, he became more tender, that is positive change in this character.

But Hana, girl who lived with mom happily in the beginning, now she has to deal with Joon's evil mom, and ofc her mom's blindness, plus until now you can tell that she still feel guilty for her mom and Inha. Some may think she is kinda wishy-washy, but hey don't forget there were so much things happened with this girl, eventhough she smiles and acts cute, there were still the sadness in her eyes. Her mom was/is always in Hana mind, she told her worrying about her mom illness to Sunho, she was looking at Yoonhee worriedly at the bus-stop but did nothing probably she knew if she go and ask her, Yoonhee would just say she's fine, but if Yoonhee faints or something, the situation would be different just like when Hana saw Joon's mom about to faint, she suddenly went to her. I haven't watched subs of episode 17-18 so I don't know if Hana knows that her mom found out about her relationship with Joon yet but like mother like daughter, Yoonhee was the last one knowing Joon-Hana and Hana was the last one knowing Yoonhee's blindness. The scenes where she cried after HJ told her and the last scene when she saw her mom in hospital tell me that she cares for her mom a lot.

Did Yoonhee ever say sorry? cause I think I heard Hana did say sorry a lot, like the most. wah... only 2 episodes left, I wonder how it ends. though I want happy ending for all of them, but reading comments through drama airing, I kinda have this in my mind, I want unexpected ending for Hana, something to show that she really wants her mom to be happy. people have been complaining about her character a lot and esp. they think she loves Joon more than her mom... hmm -__-

count me in! But i dunno how the writer will surprise us at any turn of events. :)

me too :D

I always waiting for this kind of korean drama again. I'm so crazy bout this drama.i cant even predict what will happen next >.<

Archived