Guest DorkDork

A really good FMV that I found on Youtube

Love rain(사랑비)_Jang keun suk(인하) & Yoona(윤희) MV - 더 가까이

Love rain(사랑비)_Jang keun suk(인하) & YoonA(윤희) MV PART I - 더 가까이 

BGM 브레인OST 더가까이 김연우

BGM BRAIN OST KIM YEON WOO - CLOSER

The Link to the FMV

Guest luv_S9

i just remembered that Joon's morther in Love Rain is Saebuk's morther in You' re my destiny ^^

So Saebuk's morther became Hana's mother-in-law ? lol

i wonder how will she treat Hana!

Guest timpa

I didn't realize the show was still filming. This has been a pretty long filming for a 20 ep tv series hasn't it? It started last fall/winter. I know there's had to be breaks to accomodate the schedules of the two leads...but still seems like a really long time.

Guest DorkDork

I dont think this was posted before, if so admin please delete

PD Yoon Seok Ho Reveals Why Casting Jang Geun Suk & Yoona (From Asian Drama Org)

http://asian-drama.o.../#ixzz1s6ysjUje

You may be not familiar with the name of Yoon Seok Ho, but if mentioning the dramas he directed, you must be very familiar. An Autumn In My Heart set off unprecedented Hallyu wave in the entire Greater China region, a Winter Sonata ushered in the spring for Korean drama in Japan. And this outstanding director, is now standing in front of audience with new drama. The production press conference for Love Rain held at Lotte Hotel on March 22nd, 2012 had attracted more than 400 local and overseas reporters, and there were also many fans from various countries who came for the hero Jang Geun Suk and heroine Yoona, the atmosphere on the scene was feverish.

Director Yoon Seok Ho, who created many Hallyu stars through his dramas, selected popular star Jang Geun Suk who can set off a new round of Korean wave in Japan after Baek Yong Joon as the lead male actor. He also chose Yoona who is the member of Korean music representative group Girls’ Generation (SNSD) which is highly popular in Japan, USA and even Europe as the lead female actress. Love Rain has received great attention in South Korea even before broadcast begins, and this has also led to historic prince for export of the drama. The price for copyright export of the drama to Japan hits 450 million won per episode (about USD $395,000), for a total of 7.9 million US dollar. This shown that the high popularity of the drama at home and abroad.

The reason Love Rain able to attract so much attention at home and abroad, is mainly because the two protagonists, Jang Geun Suk and Yoona, who each person plays two roles in 70s and present respectively. The two persons portray two completely different love in the drama. The simple and unassuming of 1970s, and reality and fast-paced of modern society. The change of roles also allows the two actors a chance to train.

loverain-yoon-seok-ho-interview-castreason.jpg

Director Yoon Seok Ho highly praised the acting of Jang Geun Suk, “Jang Geun Suk has the innocent temperament of flowery handsome boy, and also has the charismatic masculine temperament. His acting is very delicate, expression is also very much in place. The most powerful is his eyes, very good. Precisely because of so that I chose him. I only get to know along the shooting that the reason why the acting of Jang Geun Suk is so natural and perfect is because that once we point out to him, he immediately improves on his imperfections, and then in pursuit of perfect performance, we can say that at this point he is very talented. Can be considered as the result of his innate talent plus efforts.”

Previously there was media that reported because of poor performance of Jang Geun Suk during the shooting on the set, causing the filming couldn’t go on smoothly. About the true situation on the report, reporter also asked for confirmation directly from director Yoon. He said, “TV series is a product collaborated by tens of people. If one person does badly, then the whole TV series will not be able to shoot properly. But the reports of those media is untrue. When shooting, Jang Geun Suk does not have the behavior of arrogant star, he is very cordial, I feel that this is very different with a lot of stars.”

The heroine is also single person playing two roles, the acting has some degree of difficulty. Many reporters were also surprised at the decision of director Yoon to select Yoona as the heroine. Director Yoon Seok Ho said, “Love Rain is a very sunny drama that expresses pure love. It’s not easy to find such an actress with image of cheerful yet simple among current young actress. Because currently most of the actresses is actress with own characteristic full of aura or even a little bit neutral. But when seeing Yoona, I feel that she has the same qualities with the heroine, is a cheerful and simple look, so I picked her.” He added, “Yoona has the endurance capability and absorption capacity that are beyond her age. She can very quickly integrated into the atmosphere of production team.”

The personality of Jang Geun Suk and Yoona is very different. Many people has the worry that the cooperation between the two will not be smooth. Director Yoon said, “In fact, not only in acting, in private too, the two peoples get along in perfect harmony. Often jokes around. Yoona actually gets along very well with others, she is kind of carefree. I believe the perfect cooperation of two peoples will make Love Rain even better. Please look forward to it.”

As another wind vane of development of Korean drama, Love Rain has draw a great curiosity even before premiering. Year 2012 is the year of Yoon Suk Ho romantic TV series. The participation of two Hallyu stars Jang Geun Suk and Yoona has brought up the attention to another level. And in the end of interview, director Yoon Seok Ho used a simple sentence to sum up his state of mind, “I have confidence.”

Director Yoon Seok Ho highly praised the acting of Jang Geun Suk, “Jang Geun Suk has the innocent temperament of flowery handsome boy, and also has the charismatic masculine temperament. His acting is very delicate, expression is also very much in place. The most powerful is his eyes, very good. Precisely because of so that I chose him. I only get to know along the shooting that the reason why the acting of Jang Geun Suk is so natural and perfect is because that once we point out to him, he immediately improves on his imperfections, and then in pursuit of perfect performance, we can say that at this point he is very talented. Can be considered as the result of his innate talent plus efforts.”

The heroine is also single person playing two roles, the acting has some degree of difficulty. Many reporters were also surprised at the decision of director Yoon to select Yoona as the heroine. Director Yoon Seok Ho said, “Love Rain is a very sunny drama that expresses pure love. It’s not easy to find such an actress with image of cheerful yet simple among current young actress. Because currently most of the actresses is actress with own characteristic full of aura or even a little bit neutral. But when seeing Yoona, I feel that she has the same qualities with the heroine, is a cheerful and simple look, so I picked her.” He added, “Yoona has the endurance capability and absorption capacity that are beyond her age. She can very quickly integrated into the atmosphere of production team.”

Although the ratings has not been very good, i hope the casts and crew will not be discouraged. I can definitely see the effort PD Yoon and the writer made to make Love Rain a very good drama. The beautiful cinematography, the well used metaphors and nice ost etc.

PD Yoon waited very long to shoot this drama. I have heard of this production very long time ago. He approached Jang Keun Suk first, but because JKS is busy with other schedules, he rejected the offer. Later on, PD Yoon looked for a lot of other actors, including TOP, but he decided to push back production due to various reasons and due to that, he got the actor he wanted. I am sure if PD chose TOP, he would most probably not choose Yoona, since at least one lead need to be an actor. I am glad that because he waited, we got JKS and Yoona as the leads.

However, although i love the cast/crew, i cannot deny the fact that they are also one of the reasons why this drama is not anticipated by drama fans. Korea media has mentioned that a lot of Korean viewers are not watching because of the cast / production. It just seems like a drama that is targeted at the overseas market esp Japan. I agreed. In fact, this drama is getting a lot of investments from Japan.

I see that this is also what happen in a lot of drama sites, including soompi. This thread is still mainly visited by snsd fans and a few JKS fans. Not many drama fans are watching it which is why the thread is moving very slowly. Normally, fans will discuss the drama in their own forums, while drama fans are the one visiting drama sites and exchanging views. I know a lot of drama fans cannot stand the slow pace, when they hear PD Yoon, they will think that it is slow melodrama. They do not have the patience to try it out. While some do not give this drama a chance because of the casting.

I hope with higher ratings, and more posts, it will make people more interested in this drama.

And i agree with PD Yoon, JKS acting is very delicate and the most powerful is his eyes. I don't think Love Rain is his best performance, especially In Ha. There are moments that i cannot enjoy his acting because In Ha is too shy and i don't think he nailed it that well. However, he was super good when In Ha is dealing with emotional scenes like heartbroken scenes. I was also impressed by the 3 sec scene where Seo Joon falls in love. Seo Joon is a character that JKS would not have any problems, so i look forward to his performance. A lot of people commenting that Seo Joon is like Hwang Tae Kyung but i do not see HTK in his performance. I would say HTK is more comedic and is a generally a more likable person. Seo Joon, i am looking forward to see his different sides.

When JKS is confirmed to act, a lot of people already predicted that PD Yoon is either going to go with Han hyo joo ( he has a tendency to choose the same actors/actress ) or he is going to use a new face ( a new actress or idols ) for the new female lead. Yoona fits the type of look that PD Yoon loves so i am not super surprised by the casting. I am glad that we have more modern scenes because Yoona bubbly personality suits Ha Na better.

Tomorrow, we will get to watch Love Rain again. Very excited. Hope to see new people sharing their views here.

hello all....

first time posting here under Love Rain thread and I have no doubt in saying that this show is unique and cute at the same time. I completed all 6 epi in just 2 days and now cant wait for next epi after seeing SJ all fallen for HN in  just 3 seconds unlike other girls where he thinks himself as a Casanova.....boy SJ is on jealousy track so soon, m loving it. (recalling M3 scenes...it would fun to see him all anger over HN seeing her with her sunbae)

Love story of In Ha n Yoon Hee was so warm, innocent, pure and tender, it was so heart touching that one can feel same emotions as those two characters portraying on the screen. I cant even recall how many times i was happy for In Ha when he got some time to spend with Yoon Hee, and how many times I cried badly seeing both of them going apart mostly the scene where Yoon Hee was determined to come back healthy and later when In Ha gets to know Yoon Hee is leaving cause of her illness.

M not from korea so i dont care abt the ratings just want to be flow with this show and its emotions.

Marvelous acting by JGS.....both the roles a shy lover and an arrogant Casanova........hats off to him......

@timpa  -They filmed the past portions (eps 1-4) earlier, then restarted shooting after for the present episodes

@allygirl -you know I am starting to think that ring they found was not hers now.  I don't think it was a mistake she had a ring on (I just have to go on record here :) ). 

I really can't wait for the next couple of episodes. I really want to know if Joon knows about the line from Love Story. I gotta pay close attention to the amount of times the mains say "I'm sorry", and also the amount of times it rains -but that's a given :).

Guest Rukie17

Thank you so much to the person who translated the character descriptions of SJ, Hana and InHa^^

Could someone translate the other ones as well?

http://www.sarangbi.kr/web/main.do

I also hope nobody complains about the music. I love instrumentals! I think maybe people are too used to the loads of k-pop stars singing ballads that get replayed after every other emotional scene? Instrumentals can help set the mood just as well, at least in my opinion.

The whole thing with people saying not a lot really happened in the first episode is confusing to me? We've learned a lot about Yoon Hee already. Her grandmother helped raise her as her parents had passed. She puts spit on her wounds to help heal them -which is totally something I can see my grandmother doing. The reason why you have two arms is for hugging somebody. I would actually be a bit shocked if these little facts didn't come back in future episodes. That and the 3 seconds to fall in love (even though that is In Ha's theory). That is most likely the sub theme.

Judging on just one episode, I am not really sure what specific acting some people are demanding from their main actors? Sure, it isn't perfect, when did people expect perfect? I can see a little bit of stoic acting from Yoona when she was under the umbrella for the first time with Jang Geun Suk, and when she was walking with Son Eun So's character Hye Jung on campus later on. I can see a little awkward acting from Jang Geun Suk when In Ha is talking to Dong Wook at times, but really, that is being super duper picky for him. I thought Geun Suk did a great job at being sad and awkward during the scene where Dong Wook pretty much stole In Ha's date with Yoon Hee. Besides, we are now 2 episodes in. If the acting gets worse from now on, I can pretty much tell you this series will bomb further. Let's give these two a chance, they still really are quite young, and they got a whole other character to play. And as I mentioned a bit earlier, if you want to pick on acting, how about Seo In Gook's? I find it weirdly awkward but funny enough to not bother me.

I really love your opinion on this, so keep them coming.

I came into this drama without expectations. I am a big JGS fan, but I am not someone to watch just about anything my bias-es put out. I looked at the pretty when the earlier promotional materials came out, I got aquainted with the title of the drama, and the basic selling point that it's being directed by the same man behind the Seasons series...and that was it. Too many dramas in kdramaland to keep up with.

And then I got caught up with King 2 Hearts, with Rooftop Prince, both of which my flists are constantly talking about. But Love Rain didn't stand out from the flood of posts, and all the rave going on in the more popular drama-blogs. Someone on my flist suddenly posted about Love Rain, and I downloaded it, only to have it stay on my desktop without motivation to watch.

And then, tonight, I started on it, with the ominous words "you either like the old school melodrama or you hate it" on mind. For someone who has never watched a single Seasons series drama, nor a single 'original kwave' (e.g. Stairway to Heaven) drama, I digged it. So beautifully shot, so....moving, like an undercurrent beneath a calm surface. I'm not that particular with cinematography, but I have a thing for good ost, and good use of it. Love Rain managed to weave beautifully written melodies into each episode, and when paired with the cinematography, created a rich media which required few dialogue lines to convey feelings. Maybe that was why our lead barely spoke more than what was necessary.

JGS's acting is good, no surprise. That pushover of a boy. If anyone had played that character, I might have hit the esc key 2 episodes in. But with JGS, I could feel the hesitation in following his heart, as he paced around the border of love and friendship. I cheered for him. When he tried to win that stuffed toy at the carnival, I was like "Please, please let him do at least that for her!". As for the lead actress, I shan't comment...Watching JGS is good enough for now.

I am ending tonight at episode 3; seeing the preview for episode 4 made me not want to watch on. Although I am very curious as to how the modern plot will play out, seeing how blissful the couple is at the end of episode 3 is such great inertia against moving towards the heartbreak over a misunderstanding. Heartbreeaaak.

How refreshing (oh, the irony) it is to watch something like Love Rain. Where love isn't a romcom or plagued with magical forces. Sometimes, going back to the basics is good. I think another factor which played a part in my love for this show is how no major blogger is blogging about this drama. It allows me to really watch it properly, instead of reading recaps and watching it together. To caught the nuances of each scene and action instead of reading about what I should feel. What an adventure!

^ @karened -I found that the past part was quite different from the modern day. I hope you can get through episode 4 because in the present time I find the drama to be a bit more traditional with the other dramas airing currently. 

I'm also a bit surprised I haven't seen some good bloggers picking this series up. But people on this thread have been amazing with analysis and finding out different nuances. 

Guest prettyoungthing

Love Rain: First Impressions by dramaondemand.

lr4.png

“3, 2, 1… I’m in love”.

How overused do you think this little phrase is going to be in the coming weeks? But it’s so fitting! This drama totally came out of left field for me. As you may recall from my earlier posts on Love Rain, this was the drama I anticipated least. To be honest, I completely dismissed it. The teasers did absolutely nothing for me with their ultra cheesiness and lack of any dialog whatsoever. But then I marathoned the first six episodes and what can I say? I’m in love.

I’m going to keep this spoiler-free.

lr7.png

Love Rain is, without a doubt, not for everyone. That is not to say that only fans of Jang Geun Suk or Yoona will enjoy it. But it takes a certain appreciation for period pieces, epic love stories, and slower pacing to be able to get through the first 3.5 episodes. The funny thing is, while I’ve enjoyed a lot of the shows Jang Geun Suk has been in, the actors weren’t the reason I chose to check this drama out to begin with.

lr9.png

What drew me in was the cinematography. That was the one standout element for me; it piqued my interest and had me wondering if the story could be anywhere as inspiring as the setting? I’m happy to report that it is, but more on that later. Every once in a while, a drama comes along with impeccable cinematography. There was Kimchi Family, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Flower Boy Band, and the earlier episodes of MoonSun. But I think this one tops them all. The framing of every scene is simply spectacular and if I had the time, I’d want to screencap every last second of it. To describe the filming as breathtakingly beautiful wouldn’t do this show justice. It’s the attention to detail, in everything from environment to props and hair styling, that really transports the viewers to this whole other world. I was blown away by how true to the 70′s the production team stayed. While many complained that the first few episodes were too slow and boring to get through, I’d argue that they fit right in with the setting. Let’s face it: those days had a slower pace of life. People weren’t constantly on the go. People didn’t have cellphones. People weren’t wired 24/7. It’s natural to have them actually physically hanging out with another, enjoying a drink at their campus cafe/bar – their equivalent of Central Perk or the Peach Pit – and talking. That’s what’s so refreshing about this whole “era” that we’re in. That it relies less on flash and circumstance, but on substance. And the actors have to deliver all the more too!

lr15.png

To be honest, Yoona was disappointing in the earlier episodes. Not because I don’t think she can act (because her 180° turn in modern times proves she has skill), but because her character was perhaps the most poorly and blandly written. Keep in mind that ladies probably had to be a lot more demure in those days, but good grief. This was taking her primness just a little too far. No one is that considerate all the time! But aside from that, the other actors really delivered. I think it’s a lot harder to have to embody a character from an era you weren’t even born in. Understanding the nuances of said character needs to go one step further into understanding the times. Having said that, they really turned this group of friends into people we come to care about. I’d venture so far as to say that these characters are perhaps the ones we’re most capable of relating to. You know what else surprised me? Son Eun Seo. She did an outstanding job! So much so that saying goodbye to the 70′s became a lot tougher than I thought it would be. In fact, I almost wanted the whole drama to stay in the 70′s and just be a period piece instead.

lr2.png

The story accelerates somewhat in modern times but probably not enough to some people’s liking. I wonder why people are rushing things though seeing as how they need time to set the new story up, re-establish old characters and introduce us to the new ones. It’s not going to happen in one scene considering just how different everyone is in the 21st century. Actually, that’s the one thing that made me very happy. I’m very pleased that the director chose to change everything. Any preconceived notions the viewer may have had of the story simply picking up where we left off are immediately thrown out the window. Even though Jang Geun Suk and Yoona remain as the leads, their characters are such a departure from In Ha and Yoon Hee (and their ill-fated love) that everything feels fresh again and not just a continuation of their parents story. (Minus a few of the same corny lines from the 70′s but hey, we can forgive that.)

lr1.png

We’ve got Joon, the bristly, hot, player photographer and the playful, charming, quirky, gardening student (yes, gardening) Ha Na. You’ll instantly be drawn into them as their chemistry in modern times is amplified by about a bajillion volts. Might have something to do with the fact that they’re not saccharine sweet or corny anymore. (Plus, Jang Geun Suk totally sells his interest in “Ha Na” in that one hot springs scene. Dude is a pro at acting; his eyes and facial expressions say it all.) And at the center of it all is a lost cellphone. Who would have thought that a cellphone would be the catalyst for love? I guess we really are in the 21st century now. Basically, Joon discovers that he has Ha Na’s cellphone after they literally bumped into each other at the train station. The next few scenes is about the two playing telephone tag in Ha Na’s desperate efforts to reclaim her prized phone. Why is it so prized? Why couldn’t she just write it off and get a new one? Well… because she’s expecting a very important phone call from her mother’s first love. And there we have it: the link to the 70′s – and why we spent 3-4 episodes in that era – has been explained. That and we’re going to see a lot more of them as adults in the coming episodes it seems.

lr14.png

The central theme of Love Rain is clearly first love. I never thought I’d say this (considering how I’m in the camp that can never quite understand why drama characters never get over their first loves) but its this precise theme that turns Love Rain into a beautiful, and dare I say epic, love story. The fact that first love transcends time in this drama isn’t cheesy anymore, but interesting. How are our modern-day characters defined by and influenced by their parents experiences? It’s interesting that Joon and Ha Na have such different responses to and perception of “first love” based on their upbringing. And again I say it’s a huge departure from their “love means never having to say you’re sorry” parents. While Ha Na’s mother held on to the sweet memories of her first love and imparted this kind of optimism on to her daughter, Joon’s skepticism stems from somehow pitying his mother for never getting the love he felt she deserved since his father remained hung up on his first love. While Joon may not be the umbrella-gentleman his father once was, I cannot wait to see how Ha Na will change him, to open his eyes to the possibility of finding and feeling what true love is. And I wonder if the yellow umbrella will somehow make a comeback? It’s just a shame that we won’t get to see a modern version of the young Chang Mo, Hye Jung, and company. Or will we?

lr17.png

One last little thing. Along with the cinematography, what really sets the mood is the fantastic soundtrack. I’m not even talking about the official OST (because Tiffany and JGS somehow leave a lot to be desired), but the songs the gang sings or listen to back in the 70s – the stand out being the boys radio show performance and singing that banned song at the cafe – and the inclusion of Alicia Keys in modern times really adds a certain dimension to our viewing experience.

On the whole, if you haven’t yet checked it out I’d highly recommend you do. It’s well worth it and much better than Fashion King, as much as it pains me to say so! If not for the love story, then at least for the beautiful scenery. But I am fairly certain you’ll be taken by the characters.

lr13.png

ENDING SHOT for EPISODE 7

6918132144_6ae48ef2ed.jpg

Guest HotKdrama

Hi everyone!  I like Love Rain a lot so far!  I like the beautiful scenery, the music, and plus the storyline so far with the parents in the 70's and the kids in 2012.  I can't wait to see when the parents meet again in 2012.  I also can't wait to see how everyone's reaction is when the kids find out that their parents were first love toward each other.  :)

I really love the scenery that the director films. It makes the drama so beautiful in a way. I really like how the drama is going right now, but I know it will get sad later because conflicts always come in. I really hope this series ends good.

Archived