[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Just read a korean article that praises Love Rain. It says that one should not use ratings to judge Love Rain.

I think it is really a pity that a lot of people are going to give this drama a miss because of its low rating and their lack of patience to watch the slower pace 70s portion. There are very few popular drama sites that review Love Rain and a lot of people are bashing it without even giving this drama a chance.

Although JKS and Yoona are definitely upset about the low ratings, i am sure PD Yoon and writer will feel worse.

Anyway, i was reading the article and it talks about this drama being detailed, well thought and uses a lot of metaphors. I found it interesting that the article mentioned that In Ha kept Yoon Hee 's painting in the cupboard but he kept opening the cupboard and this symbolises that even though he tries to hide his feelings, he can't really hide his true feelings. I love reading about all these analysis, as it makes me appreciate the drama more. I am also happy that this thread has drama fans who give really insightful thoughts about the drama.

I am glad Love Rain is getting a lot of positive reviews from the press, the only thing they can bash is the low ratings.

I am sure as more people watches this drama, we will be able to read and share more interesting thoughts. Can't wait to watch Monday and Tues episodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loyalbean

after read post about the ring,

what if HANA have couple ring where she wore one and another one she kept for the loved one (maybe for her first love)..

since she wore the ring in the whole 6th episode!!!

Agree, it could be.

The director is quite detailed so I think he won't let this kind of thing bothering us without reason.

Though now it went down to #9 but someone say if you check Daum after each episode ends

you would always see Love Rain ranked at the top. feedback from netizens and ratings from regular TV viewers are quite opposite it seems.

S63Nh.jpg

cr. facebook

nus711, agree with you and I hope the ratings don't effect their hard work.

3rtmE.png

I felt in love with this drama!!

I've to admit that before the drama airs, I was doubting in their chemistry,

Inha-Yoonhee is so pure and sweet but I love Seojoon-Hana couple more!

I think their personality in real life even similar haha

cause Yoona said in her Guerilla Date that they called her female-JKS right? lol

Do you know if they are going to record Happy Together? It must be a lot of fun stuff there!

@nus711 - that's one of my favorite things about this drama: the guy falls first. *hee* In most dramas, it's the girl who falls in love first and chases after the guy. I love that this time, Jeo Soon fell first. biggrin.gif 

I love this  bickering couple too. 

@darkdragon88 - you hit the nail on the head with that one, Seo Joon is using his fathers experience with first love as a "pick up line" laugh.gif He seems to not like either his Mom or Dad which tells me he knows a lot about their history together AND he knows all about Yoon Hee. 

@sakki - I don't pay any attention to ratings either because living in the US, there's nothing I can do about it. All I can do is show my support here by talking about the drama with others! 

@elizabeth - Oh, great catch about the ring! I didn't even notice! I'm guessing that was a PD or staff mistake. (because he never gave her back her ring - or we didn't see him giving it back) I thought maybe the ring would be important somewhere down the road. 

@redwaveprod_cmjp - Love your thoughts about all the parallels between this PD's other dramas. I think the scenery was more breathtaking in episodes 1-4 but it might be that right now they're concentrating on introducing us to the present day kids. 

@allstarry - I agree about the phone, I actually laughed at that because it's been done so many times before in other dramas and it's so unrealistic. But I'm along for this silly ride anyway. laugh.gif I believe Ha Na was waiting for Seo Joon because he asked her to wait for him when he gave her the bag with the dress in it? He says "Wait for me, I won't be gone long" implying he's coming right back after he handles the situation about getting a permit for his photo shoot. When she overhears him saying she's "naive and easy" she tells him she was waiting because she thought he might apologize. 

I think both JGS and Yoona are doing a great job. Yoona has improved 100%, the facial expressions she makes when dealing with him are perfect. Even her tone of voice when she says certain things is perfect. My favorite part: when she teases him about being cold in his "stylish, expensive" clothes and he falls? He yells at her "Are you laughing?" and she is but then she turns to face him with a completely straight face and says "No, not laughing" All doubt about Yoona's acting disappeared for me right then. tongue.gif

Do you know if they are going to record Happy Together? It must be a lot of fun stuff there!

sorry for cutting your post. OMG! I was wondering the same thing too. usually kbs drama will always like have a promote schedule in Happy Together. I just hope that they will soon come to the show. cant wait to hear any of bts stories :lol:

I just finished watching ep4 & 5 with sub. After watching the raw one, I always have a hard time to find time to watch it again with sub. luckily I finally did. I plan to watch ep6 later... :P

I just realized how in the 70s time the story was like being drove by Love Story movie and the 2012 time, it's the Diamond Snow.

Just like the myth, if you see the Diamond Snow with someone, you'll fall in love with that person. just like how Taesung sunbae plan to see with Hana and Hana seems to be delighted yet her dream is fulfilled by seeing it with Jun instead :D

the time when Hana sees Jun's side of being a photographer, she admit that he seems much cooler like that. that's when i think she have sees Jun in a different way... lol just my thoughts though XD

Guys, love reading all your posts about the drama. to be honest, its things that I never really put much thought on before. But reading your posts made me appreciate the story and the PD more just because of how detailed he is. Its awesome. I'm not one to be able to analyse and pick up stuff like this maybe cause I take it as it is and dont question things. Please keep writing guys, I'm sure other lurkers are loving your posts as well :)

Anyway, I'm no longer bothered much about the ratings, but I still hope the rating will keep increasing for the remaining 20+ episodes as the story progresses, I know there'll be drama coming up, possibly when the parents met.

Gut feeling tells me love rain will do well with international market but its stilll too early to tell. I'm hoping at least love rain will be getting awards to make up for the low ratings.

Guest l3aKa_poonZ

^ have you tried looking in SSF?

------------------------

Love Rain only has 10+ episodes? :tears:

I seriously love this drama

anyway, i've never done reviews or anything so please bare with me (and my Engrish ^_^ )

I did enjoy the first 4 episodes

though I don't know much about 70's but I think it was really well-made

now I kind of wish it was a bit long hahaha

anyway,

my tears were running down my face by episode 2 where YoonHee was talking about her parents' death

and i don't think i'd ever cry for a drama by the first few episodes except for Autumn Tale, and yes, it was the same directer! ><"

episode 3 and 4 were heartbreaking Y^Y

episode 5 was, OMG, just OMG! i think i need to visit Japan one day!

the 3-seconds-pick-up scene was breathtaking

i love how i could actually hear Joon's heartbeats in the scene :w00t:

and i also love the way Hana just stared innocently at Joon, not knowing the effects she'd made on this poor guy :P

episode 6 was fun as well. i love all the soundtracks in this episode; though I don't know most of them ^^

looking forward to episode 7 ^^

and, yes, Dong Wook's son is definitely a cutie and, judging by his clothes, i hope he's as adorkable as Hana :lol:

oh! and did anyone see that "General Doctor" sign under Joon's Studio sign? perhaps Dong Wook's son is a doctor (also) or an intern student? because i think it was why he asked if Hana had a fever LOL

so my take on this drama,

- beautiful sceneries

- seems to be very detailed

- i enjoy every character so far, YoonHee is a very shy and proper. InHa is very romantic and a bit too shy as well. Hana is very adorable. She can be blunt at times as well but i enjoy watching her. Joon has tough exterior but i think he just needs love (from Hana, of course!)

- i love the plot; though i'm not usually the romance-sucker type; this is the one to watch

- JGS is well-known for his acting so I didn't expect anything less from him

_ YoonA..... oh my dear YoonA~ how i love actress Im! so glad she's gained more confidence in her acting. she had come a long way from YAMD. i enjoy her acting very much. and the feedbacks i've read on other forums/sites were mostly positive. so hwaiting YoonA! :wub:

- the supporting cast is <3 i esp enjoy Joon's assistant since he seems to know how Joon feels about Hana and even often makes jokes about it. i thought the scene where he cried because he thought Joon was dumped by Hana was the most hilarious scene LOL

anyway, i'll leave you with this adorable Hana!

tumblr_m2ecez2qJb1qj2ww9o1_500.gif

tumblr_m2ebsjS6jA1qj2ww9o1_500.gif

cr; oppareul-saranghae

Guest DorkDork

Hi! I normally lurk around Soompi and other sites anonymously through the drama pages for good dramas to watch. Today, I decided to join Soompi and make my first post as I really wanted to say something about this drama. I hope you don't mind the long spazz.

Honestly, the first time i heard about this drama was around the time the episode 1 was televised, and it came from Kpop fans dishing on either Yoona and JGS or how cliche the drama is. I was pretty much influenced by those comments, especially since I am not exactly fan of JGS, and so decided not to watch the drama. I chose to watch King2hearts and Fashion King instead. However, over the period that it was broadcasted,  I also saw many posts and comments about what a great drama it is. These comments didn't seem like fan posts but rather genuine drama watchers comments so I decided to give LOVE RAIN a "TRY".

That "TRY" ended up being a 24hrs nonstop download, no sleep, marathon watch and going through the entire soompi LOVE RAIN thread sequence for facts and answers. The end result is …"Wow" and "AMAZING". I deeply regret being persuaded by my own prior prejudice to not have watched this from the start.

Now, coming back to the drama, and looking back at my own and also some of the publicized prejudices. This is what I think of the drama

- BEFORE: The drama is old fashion and the story is Kdrama cliche

Its true, the drama isn't exactly NEW STUFF. The accidental meeting, the friend over love, an object representing love, the dying line and etc. But, when I look at the other dramas that i am watching, I realized they are all the same. In FK, I could name as many, if not more, cliche scenarios. Well, I think a lot of  Kdramas are the same and the repeat the same type of scenarios. So, to say that its old fashion because it talks about 1st love? Maybe, but its still a love story like the other K-dramas. 

- BEFORE: PD is rehashing all his old dramas, using the same old trick of beautiful scenarios, and the pace is slow.

Honestly, I am not old enough to have even watched more than 1 or 2 of his old dramas. Winter Sonata was pretty much the only one i saw complete, so I didn't really see the connections. At least in Love Rain, we don't have 30 years old acting 18 so for that I am grateful. Love Rain eps 1 admittedly was slow but surprisingly it didn't turn me off. Despite the slow pace, I never moved my eyes away from the screen. The story stayed pretty intact that you would just hang on to want to see the next scenario, I guess the beautiful scenarios also helped pull the pace together. I was also captivated by the long shots that he filmed. I guess in a way EP1 and 2 could have been a 1.5 episode story rather than 2. As for the EPIC CINEMATOGRAPHY, If beautiful scenarios would turn you off then I pity your eyes. I love to look at beautiful things. Also, I agree with some soompiers's comment that its the 70s, its meant to be slow. Actually, the slow down made me watch the drama more carefully. I realized that when I was watching FK, I hardly remember anything in that drama because of the pace.

-  BEFORE: Yoona's acting is terrible and JGS is super Gay (sorry JGS fans, just had to be honest here)

I have only seen 1 work from both actors. Cinderella man and Mary. So, to be honest, i do have certain expectations about both actors. I didn't think Yoona did badly in Cinderella man, not great but not so bad that I would cringe at her acting. JGS is a good actor, but his colorful real persona tends to shade the characters that he acts. Also, I am not a big fan of very feminine male leads.

Starting with Yoona here, I had little expectations except pretty much that she would do what she did in CM. After all, she had no other drama to improve prior to this. My oh my, I have to say that I really am SURPRISED by Yoona. Yoonhee, speaks little. So most of her emotions had to be through her eyes and the body. I thought Yoona did a great job in conveying the emotions through her expressions. I could feel Yoonhee's feeling even without her saying a word, and her strength when she did speak. If I had to pick on anything, perhaps Yoona was holding it back a little too much during the crying scenes when her voice was shaky. Other wise, I thought she did a great job, once she crossed over to 2012 and became HANA, like some of you said, SHE ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT!! I honestly thought is this the new JANG NARA? Her expressions and even the crying scenes were PERFECT!!! She really brought out the brave, blunt and yet innocent HANA. I will definitely look forward to her next DRAMA. She has convinced me that she is now beyond an idol actress. IM YOONA is AN ACTRESS.

As for JGS, i mentioned all my prejudices above, but SEO INHA had to make me admit that JGS is a damn good actor. During the whole 4 episodes, I only saw the cowardly and hopeless SEO INHA who moved me with his love for Yeonhee. I only saw INHA and never once thought of the JGS that i dislike. With this, I will learn to never look at a book by its cover or I will miss a good book.

So what were the other things that made me love this drama

- Episode 4 is one of the best episodes of Kdrama I have seen recently. The pace, the acting and the story was just perfectly aligned.

- The BGM in this drama is pretty unique, I like how its used to heightened the tensions. 

- Are we sure there are not 2 dramas that we are watching? When 2012 came on, I was worried about how it would lose the momentum of episode 4. It came and basically blew me apart, I wont say its better than the 70s but it held its own strengths. The chemistry between the 2 actors was even stronger in part 2 than 1. Technically, you could have started watching Love Rain at EP 5.

- The Japan and Korean scenes are REALLY beautiful.

- Is love Rain a comedy? If it is, I am enjoying it. MORE PLEASE!!

- The rest of the younger cast are new but all the acting are all so good!

- Details!Details!Details!Details!Details! The Details the PD put in the story is just incredible.

Basically, you can tell, I am now a big fan of this drama. If it is ever sold on DVD, I will definitely buy it for keepsake. Hopefully, more people like me will give this drama a chance. To have not watch it, will be a loss for drama lovers.

LOVE RAIN fighting!!

iblNsw00lRHpC7.gif

I will also admit that I have watched almost all the episodes 3 times and still repeating....sweatingbullets.gif

I'm loving this drama. it's sad that the ratings are low for this drama, I never understand why.. but well, actually the ratings are not important. good dramas are not good because of it's ratings haha so, let's don't mind the ratings and just enjoy the show lol 'cause really, the ratings will never tell you which one is a good drama which one isn't. proof: Moon/Sun got their ratings 40%+ but actually The Princess' Man and Deep Rooted Tree, who got good-but not-so-high-ratings were way better than Moon/Sun. :D

Guest DorkDork

Hi! I notice the thread is a little quiet so I am going to post some photos.

Some Love Rain BTS photos taken by fans

by @yoong_duck

560311099.jpg?key=7651024

Filming at Itaewon 120413 by enjoywithkorea

Aqa20OzCAAAmcV5.jpg

At Hongdae Today 

Aqa2_q8CMAAczAt.jpg#twimg

I tried putting it in a spoiler but it didn't work.

The 70s Vs the 2012 - Kim Yoonhee versus Jung Hana - Like Mother like Daughter ? 

pl9l.jpg

by @yoong_plyr

darkdragon ~ yeah . . . til now i can still picture all the sceneries of the whole 70's era and the funny cute scenes of hokkaido

tessieroo ~ he he he its true that we can't affect the ratings over there . . . but we can help make this drama famous . . . i mean, us netizens making it well known in our own friends then community then city/town and then the country ha ha ha (crazy isn't it)

dorkdork ~ WELCOME to the love rain spell!!! . . . me too, it i didn't expect the actors to be able to carry theirs roles so well . . . i also love the JGS as In Ha . . . and Yoona too . . . but what i really love about this drama is how the director was able to convey all the feelings of their actors with a glance or a simple touch and incorporating it with breathtaking sceneries that it seems to conniving with what is happening to the emotions of the actors in a single scene . . . i seem to asking myself if i'm in a sort of a dream or am i looking at a painting in a museum or what ^_^ . . . i admit that i have watch all of the seasons drama and so far this on this one i am a bit shocked that the story have some humor incorporated into it :D but its still fine with me . . . now, i am dreaming of going to hokkaido and see those diamond snow!!!

LOVE RAIN FIGHTING!!!

Guest Starlitelet

I don't know if it's appropriate to post here, but there's this awesome MV of Seo In Guk/Chang Mo and Son Eun Seo/Hye Jung. They look cute together. I didn't know our Chang Mo is such a wonderful "professional" singer. I love his voice :wub:!!!! He also looks so different. I hope he acts more because he was hilarious. Does anyone know if he'll be coming back, like in the 2012 timeline?

I don't know if it's appropriate to post here, but there's this awesome MV of Seo In Guk/Chang Mo and Son Eun Seo/Hye Jung. They look cute together. I didn't know our Chang Mo is such a wonderful "professional" singer. I love his voice :wub:!!!! He also looks so different. I hope he acts more because he was hilarious. Does anyone know if he'll be coming back, like in the 2012 timeline?

He is not supposed to come back in 2012 timeline. But there are rumours that because viewers like him, he might make a cameo. I was really impressed by his acting. It is really like what JKS said, you will not believe that this is the first time he tried acting. I love his voice too.

Guest timpa

He is not supposed to come back in 2012 timeline. But there are rumours that because viewers like him, he might make a cameo. I was really impressed by his acting. It is really like what JKS said, you will not believe that this is the first time he tried acting. I love his voice too.

Maybe when CM was on the run from the police somehow his crazy stalker fangirl tracked him down and they spent a night together... He has to take off running again and they never saw each other again.

FF to 2012 and his kid walks into his new store ;) Who looks exactly like he did in the 70s...

Guest Starlitelet

Hey nus711 ^^!

That's a shame. He's such a great actor from what I've seen of him in Love Rain. He played as Chang Mo so smoothly. Like, he was natural. I can see him being one of those diversify/multi-talented Korean star (perhaps next to Lee Seung Gi) because his voice is so nice and his acting seems great, especially for a starter. I think I admire him even more now wub.gif. He's a lot better than some actors who has been in so many dramas before. I'm sure he will rise in the future ^^. He totally deserves it.

I just discovered that he's an actual singer. Now, I can't get his voice and songs out of my head. He should totally do a soundtrack for Love Rain. In fact, I liked his character, Chang Mo, in Love Rain more than I like In Ha or Dong Wook. 

Also, he looks so different than in the drama. I am still overwhelmingly shocked - haha. 

Actually, when it first switched to the modern period, I watched ep5 without subs and thought that it was going to be quite cliche but after understanding what the characters were saying, the dialogues were actually quite witty. The writer is doing some great work. :)

Alala ratings why don't you go up. It would be such a pity if this drama goes unoticed :P

Archived