[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Guest Aigayafu

Haha, I can't believe they played the song "Vem vet" by Lisa Ekdahl! The lyrics are really quite fitting. It's the song playing in ep 6 when Hana enters the studio.

Here's a video of the song with swedish and english subs

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, another thing. Ha Na is looking for a place to live, right? What do you bet me she moves into that tiny house behind Seo Joon's studio? (and helps reinvigorate all those dead plants) 

sorry for cutting your post but I think you totally nailed it lol :lol:

20120412161509.jpg

20120412HH15090.jpg

20120412HH15092.jpg

20120412HH15093.jpg

20120412HH15095.jpg

20120412HH15100.jpg

20120412HH15101.jpg

20120412HH15101.jpg

cr: Love Rain PDnim blog and Yoong DC Gall

about rating ep6, there's a lot of increase from ep5.

ep5 : 5.4% and ep6 : 5.9%

This is the nationwide AGB Nielsen and I heard from Bestiz, the Seoul/Metropolitan rating, it reached 7.1% (this one I'm not really sure) but this show how people have gain interest on Love Rain. Ep6 definitely show the highest increase in Love Rain rating out of all 6 episodes that has been broadcast now.

Let's just hope the rating will increase again.

Love Rain Fighting! :wub:

(I'm also touched with all the support of Love Rain fans in Bestiz :') Everyone is cheering for this drama. Definitely a good thing ^^ )

Yes, EP 6 with English subs is up:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4099/6/Love_Rain/?ap=1

or

http://www.kimchidramas.net/2012/04/love-rain-episode-6.html

or

http://www.epdrama.com/love-rain/love-rain-episode-6/

@amiliyana90 - Wow, thanks for those pics! I was totally guessing about the cottage since she's looking for a room to rent! laugh.gif That puts her in close proximity to Seo Joon, she'll be living right behind his studio. *heehee* Can't wait for next week! Happy to see some new posters joining in! *waves to everyone*

Totally underrated drama. This drama is so good and a lot of dramas which have much higher ratings are not really that nice. I have already gave up a few dramas and are only watching LR and another drama.

Finally a very slight increase in ratings. I love the 70s moment, slow but romantic and sad. But i absolutely adore the new characters. They showed great chemistry so far. Both characters are equally interesting. And although some complain/mention Seo Joon to be similar to Hwang Tae Kyung, i find them to be very different. I was very impressed by JKS to be able to let me feel the differences in characters although both are mean to the person they like.

I just hope that the stylists would stop putting so much makeup on JKS. I have seen a lot of pictures of him without makeup or with light makeup, he looks way better.

Anyway, I wonder if Ha na feels for Seo Joon. Seo Joon clearly likes her but i think he is still struggling to admit it but i think he will admit it very soon. Not sure if he will confess Ha na i am not sure if she likes her senior because if the assistant never interrupt, i think we might have already witness the first kiss scene. She makes me even more confused when she seems so upset when she waited so long for Seo Joon only to hear him criticize her in front of the assistant.

i love the bickering couple.

Just wanted to say that episodes 5 and 6 were great. Everything was planned out so very well, and very interesting. 

I'm sure what I am going to post was said before but I don't have too much time to read everything that was posted. I apologize for anyone re-reading things!

I really love how In Ha and Yoon Hee's kids are so different from them. 

Joon doesn't believe in love, and has never loved due to his parents marrying without love and then getting divorced. Joon doesn't particularly care about the "first love" concept -he in fact uses it as a pick up line.

Hana is somewhat like her mother in which she is very innocent and naive. Unlike her mother though, she can and loves to argue. It is such a big contrast from before, but it makes things so interesting when they bicker.

There are just too many cute moments to cover. I'm sure we love them all.

Can't wait to see the next episode! I wonder how that guy (played by Dong Wook's actor -sorry don't know his name or his character in this time) will play into the modern story. We still have a few more love lines left with the new generation to explore -again, can't wait for.

I like how the old generation is getting back together soon. The love lines are still somewhat strong there it seems. We got a huge cast and loads of plot left.

Guest mind.love

I am loving this drama. Its so refreshing to watch something out of the norm. And I love the music selections too.

Hope the rating increase more as the series air more.

i really don't care about the ratings . . . as long as the delivery of the drama (in its whole package) is done quite good, it will really got me hooked up in watching it ^_^ . . . right now i can't wait to see the next episodes next week . . . i am really doing things now - like replaying the last 2 episodes, then going back to the first 4 episodes again . . . :sweatingbullets: such an addiction :P . . . and my friend is now also complaining to me about this new k-drama that i have introduce to her . . . he he he, i mean, i shouldn't be the only one having such addictive LOVE RAIN spell on me isn't it? . . .

Did you guys notice that when Jung Ha Na lost her ring and Seo Joon was planning to give it to her but didn't get the chance and then later on she was wearing the ring again?? Anyway, what a bummer.. In Ha married Hye Jung instead. I was rooting for Chang Mo and Hye Jung.

Guest redwaveprod_cmjp

I was in a very long vacation and I was not able to follow this drama on track...But i already watched it a while ago...

The present scenes for ep5-6, it exceeded my expectation... as usual, the type of storytelling that the director, writer and editor showed us is still a Narrative Film Storytelling type...

I scan through some random comments (i was not able to read all though...)

Some were about how those scenes from ep4 doesn't confer with the 2012 status of the characters...

Such as, even though it was obvious that Hyejung was having some sort of feelings for CHangmo (maybe love, pity, or just coz they're friends from the beginning), she still end up with Inha then divorced later on...

Anyway, it's not that it's a goof or a continuity failure. It's the production's prerogative or it's their choice. They want the viewers to think and create their own imagination on how did all the characters from 1970s end up that way instead of boldly showing the scenes to the viewers. It's implied. This style again is commonly used in films and most great dramas follow this kind of style to keep their viewers.

Also, we cannot question the storyline and its continuity until it airs its last episode.

Because most questions about the story will be answered in the succeeding episodes. (though it's also good to ask questions so there'll be intellectual conversations, let us not forget that the drama has not yet ended.)

-----------

The recent episodes were hilarious! haha.. (ep5-6)

Anyway, the storytelling this time is fast-paced which represents the 21st century era.

The production set is still impressive..

Most of all, we get to see more Long shots. It's kind of hard shooting long shots for dramas (explained it before).. I have no question with the cinematography... They also used hand-shakes shots (when Inha painted)

But I can see some small editing flaws.. haha..

The acting: exceeds my expectations again. They're all consistent... JGS did better and also Yoona.. Seriously, Yoona's acting is better than ok.. I can definitely see Hana instead of the Yoona I know. and Yoong's Japanese!!! It's fluent! haha

-----------------------------------------

What's interesting is the 1970s-2012 parallelism which makes the drama more poetic..

The love rain theory of parallel between 1970' and 2012~ Guess what is the next!!

AqKcJ0bCQAIRP1B.jpg

http://t.co/P4pDpAQW cr: @LoveRainTV

I wonder what's next...hmmmm..

-------------------------------------------

It's interesting how Love Rain relives Endless Love Props/Stuffs:

Some already discussed as how the Yellow umbrella represents the Song Hye Gyo's umbrella in Autumn In My Heart and how Yoong's scarf represents Yonsama's Scarf in Winter Sonata.

In the recent episode, I noticed that Yoong's truck represents Han Hyojoo's truck in Spring Waltz.

The piano represents Seo Doyeong's piano in Spring Waltz.

My other representation for the piano (but i think this one's stronger) (LOL haha): A scene where Yoona plays the piano and it reminds her of her dead parents. I think it represents Song Seunghoon's memory of her dead fiance in Summer Scent. His memory of them playing the piano together.

-----------------------------------------------------

I also noticed that Love Rain also relieves the set/setting:

Inha and Yoonhee went to see the ocean.. there's also a scene in Autumn in My Heart with Song Seunghoon and Song Hyegyo.

Joon and Hana in Hokkaido: Winter Sonata.

Yoonhee's hometown (where Inha finds Yoonhee playing the piano): Summer Scent

But the most evident one is this (exactly the same place):

Joon's Photo Studio Set was the setting used in Spring Waltz as the office/headquarters of Seo Do-yeong, So-yeon and Danniel Henney. (Han Hyojoo works in the company too.. haha)

posted above are all my opinion unless stated... feel free to add or comment... :D ^__^

---------------------------------

I think we can find more symbolism as the story progresses.. haha

Well, lots of interesting stuffs in Love Rain.. haha... We can't explain them all but we do know that this drama is definitely a WORK OF ART! :D

I want to discuss more but I'm kinda busy these days... hahaha...

and sorry if those stuffs i posted were discussed already.. i was not able to backtrack all.

----------------------------------

@elizabeth : I noticed it too.. probably an editing flaw, for now. Maybe they want to show it's implied that Inha already gave the ring, though there are no establishing shot that could make us conclude that way. Or Maybe, they'll show it in the next episode.. but it somehow affected the flow of the story.

I am loving this drama. Its so refreshing to watch something out of the norm. And I love the music selections too.

Hope the rating increase more as the series air more.

Now I have something else to look forward to (after Moon ended).

One word - WOW .... just WOW...

Yes it is something different.... I don't know how to explain in word ... I feel relax, going with the motion - slow and steady, there's no rush, everything is sooooooooooooooooo, beautiful bring me back to the old days - the WS/AIMH/Summer Scent era (BTW is it from same director/writer?).

Just started watching (to start ep 4), I love the feeling. Innocent and fresh....

Too bad the rating not so good (I hope situation the same as YAB - it was not popular in korea but it was a great success outside korea).

I hope more people would support this drama..... JGS is so adorable (his acting improved a lottttttttttttt!! :wub: )

[quote name='sakki ^_^' date='12 April 2012 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1334280932' post='17715883']

i really don't care about the ratings . . . as long as the delivery of the drama (in its whole package) is done quite good, it will really got me hooked up in watching it  ^_^ . . . right now i can't wait to see the next episodes next week . . . i am really doing things now - like replaying the last 2 episodes, then going back to the first 4 episodes again . . .  :sweatingbullets:  such an addiction  :P . . . and my friend is now also complaining to me about this new k-drama that i have introduce to her . . . he he he, i mean, i shouldn't be the only one having such addictive LOVE RAIN spell on me isn't it? . . .

Guest allstarry

I have some questions about ep 5-6

-How can Hana dropped her phone into Joon's pocket? I was replaying the scene where they bumped into each other many times but I still don't see how can it happen... yeah it might be 'fate' but that scene just looks unrealistic. The bumping scene in 70s where Yoonhee lose her diary looked more realistic to me at least. also the Diamond snow scene looked unrealistic too, too much brightness it seems but nevertheless cause it's just one scene, the whole filming still look amazing for me :)

-When Hana was in her hotel room with her friends, there was a ring on her finger, the next scene is when the assistant showed the same-kind-of-ring to Joon in the car and said it's Hana's, then they went to Hana's hotel, then she misunderstands him, then she back to her room with her sunbae ........... question is, the ring Joon wants to give back to Hana is that the same ring? It's production's flaw or something? cause assistant said the dry-cleaner found it but when Hana was in Joon's room wearing his shirt, that ring was still in her finger, it's never lost from her finger actually. this scene really not clear for me.

HI2dr.jpg

^ when she was waiting for her clothes, the ring still on her finger.

IV2sZ.jpg

^ before assistant drove to her place.

CcCH4.jpg

^ the ring the assistant show to Joon in car.

-Why Hana was waiting for Joon at the hotel she lives? they live in the different hotels isn't it? How she knows Joon would come to give her ring back when they don't even have each other's phone number.

Honestly, so far I really enjoy this drama, JGS did a goob job portray both 70s and 2012 characters, I don't know why many people don't like him, she's such a good actor! For Yoona, she did improved from her last drama a lot! when she was Yoonhee, she looked like a shy-goddess, she made me want to protect her, but when she was Hana, I just want to squeeze her cheeks lol somehow I found that Yoona acting as Hana is kinda unique...? like when she got angry, I found it's just too adorable, her facial face is unique I think, it's just make you want to see her become angry more and more haha it's cute Hana = Yoona :D

But honestly, I would love this drama a lot more if they can clear up my questions above, I want to enjoy the whole drama without thinking about this little thing but I can't help.... those are too obvious, I can't believe there would be flaws like this in 2012 cause the 70s is so detailed and perfect

-How can Hana dropped her phone into Joon's pocket? I was replaying the scene where they bumped into each other many times but I still don't see how can it happen... yeah it might be 'fate' but that scene just looks unrealistic. The bumping scene in 70s where Yoonhee lose her diary looked more realistic to me at least. also the Diamond snow scene looked unrealistic too, too much brightness it seems but nevertheless cause it's just one scene, the whole filming still look amazing for me :)

-When Hana was in her hotel room with her friends, there was a ring on her finger, the next scene is when the assistant showed the same-kind-of-ring to Joon in the car and said it's Hana's, then they went to Hana's hotel, then she misunderstands him, then she back to her room with her sunbae ........... question is, the ring Joon wants to give back to Hana is that the same ring? It's production's flaw or something? cause assistant said the dry-cleaner found it but when Hana was in Joon's room wearing his shirt, that ring was still in her finger, it's never lost from her finger actually. this scene really not clear for me.

-Why Hana was waiting for Joon at the hotel she lives? they live in the different hotels isn't it? How she knows Joon would come to give her ring back when they don't even have each other's phone number.

Honestly, so far I really enjoy this drama, JGS did a goob job portray both 70s and 2012 characters, I don't know why many people don't like him, she's such a good actor! For Yoona, she did improved from her last drama a lot! when she was Yoonhee, she looked like a shy-goddess, she made me want to protect her, but when she was Hana, I just want to squeeze her cheeks lol somehow I found that Yoona acting as Hana is kinda unique...? like when she got angry, I found it's just too adorable, her facial face is unique I think, it's just make you want to see her become angry more and more haha it's cute Hana = Yoona :D

wow, you sure are watching it very closely. i also don't understand about the hand phone, it would be more realistic if if he was carrying a plastic bag and she accidentedly drops the hand phone inside. As for the ring, i had no idea too. Unless she has two rings, but most probably, it might have been a mistake.

i only know why she was waiting. Seo Joon went to see her at her hotel and when he received the call from his assistant, he asked Ha Na to wait for him, said he will be back in a short while. She had no idea he would be coming to return her the ring, she just waited because Seo Joon asked her to. She did mentioned that she was waiting because she hoped to hear an apology from Seo Joon. But i was questioning was that the only reason.

I must say for just 2 eps, Ha Na seems to always have to wait for Seo Joon. Waiting for him to get her phone, waiting for him in the hotel, and waiting for him outside the studio. Even though it is still not obvious that she likes him ( unlike Seo Joon, he fell in love in 3 sec haha ), i think she does has feelings for him.

Not sure if this portion can be in this thread, but i would like to say my views about people not liking JKS. To a lot of viewers, JKS is a good actor but some do not like him as a person. He has a lot of drama/diehard fans but he also has a lot of antis. He calls himself Asia Prince and people who read reports and cut videos will think he is big headed. But he did mention that it is just a dream/target that he hopes to achieve and not that he really thinks he is super popular in Asia. To him, one should not be afraid to dream Big and should work very hard, so even if you did not achieve your dream, you will not regret it becoz you have put in your best. He is not someone who will say politically right answer and he is very frank about his feelings and ambitions. He started working since age of 5 and after his family went bankrupt. he became the main breadwinner. His childhood has been spent working and since young, he learnt to look at adult's expressions. When working, even if he is tired, hungry, wants to play, feel like crying etc, he could not cry and must always say what adults wanted to hear so that he would not get scolded. He feels that he does not want to be treated like a robot anymore so he left his previous company and set up his own company. He tries to be as frank as possible and without a company controlling him, he can say what is on his mind. However, not many people can accept him as they think humility is very important.

As for Yoona, i am really glad that she improved a lot. She is pretty as Yoon hee but she did not nail the character as well as she did for Ha Na. Perhaps Ha Na is a character that is closer to her personality. She is bubbly and cute as Ha Na and i see more chemistry for Seo Joon and Ha Na than In Ha and Yoon Hee. I hope that the two of them are getting along fine as i think their off screen relationship will affect their onscreen chemistry.

I think Love Rain is getting better and hopefully more people will join this thread and spread the love for this drama.

Guest Starlitelet

Is it just me who prefers the 70s rather than the modern day time? I mean I'm enjoying the ride at the moment too, but before it was just so sweet/innocent/pure/refreshing. Now, it feels like a lot of other Korean dramas - haha.

By the way, I can't stand Jang Geun Suk's fashion style nor hairstyle. It matches with his character, but it's a hell load of distraction. He always plays these egoistic and narcissistic characters - haha.

Guest redwaveprod_cmjp

and another thing I like about the transition of the drama: the Musical Scoring...

The difference in the scoring is different for ep1-4 and ep5-so on which separates the two timelines...

the background music were specially picked.. they also used previously produced songs..

and i was shocked when they used Milk Tea's 수줍은 고백송, i like their songs btw...

Then I'm hoping they'll release the acoustic/rock version of Love Is Like A Rain.. haha...

-----------------

About the ring:

Based on @allstarry's caps, i think it's really a flaw which must supposedly be checked by the script supervisor during shooting... Unless the writer or director is so brilliant to defend it through the succeeding episodes.. hopefully...

(btw, thanks for the caps.. haha... didn't notice those parts..)

-----------------

Inha and Yoonhee: Love means never having to say you're sorry.

Joon and Hana: Joon will never say sorry to anyone. Hana hopes Joon will say sorry to her.

I think as the story progresses, Joon will learn to say sorry because of love.

hmmmm.. contrasting right? hahahaha... as of now, I still don't know about this.. let's wait what will happen..

I must say for just 2 eps, Ha Na seems to always have to wait for Seo Joon. Waiting for him to get her phone, waiting for him in the hotel, and waiting for him outside the studio. Even though it is still not obvious that she likes him ( unlike Seo Joon, he fell in love in 3 sec haha ), i think she does has feelings for him.

Not sure if this portion can be in this thread, but i would like to say my views about people not liking JKS. To a lot of viewers, JKS is a good actor but some do not like him as a person. He has a lot of drama/diehard fans but he also has a lot of antis. He calls himself Asia Prince and people who read reports and cut videos will think he is big headed. But he did mention that it is just a dream/target that he hopes to achieve and not that he really thinks he is super popular in Asia. To him, one should not be afraid to dream Big and should work very hard, so even if you did not achieve your dream, you will not regret it becoz you have put in your best. He is not someone who will say politically right answer and he is very frank about his feelings and ambitions. He started working since age of 5 and after his family went bankrupt. he became the main breadwinner. His childhood has been spent working and since young, he learnt to look at adult's expressions. When working, even if he is tired, hungry, wants to play, feel like crying etc, he could not cry and must always say what adults wanted to hear so that he would not get scolded. He feels that he does not want to be treated like a robot anymore so he left his previous company and set up his own company. He tries to be as frank as possible and without a company controlling him, he can say what is on his mind. However, not many people can accept him as they think humility is very important.

As for Yoona, i am really glad that she improved a lot. She is pretty as Yoon hee but she did not nail the character as well as she did for Ha Na. Perhaps Ha Na is a character that is closer to her personality. She is bubbly and cute as Ha Na and i see more chemistry for Seo Joon and Ha Na than In Ha and Yoon Hee. I hope that the two of them are getting along fine as i think their off screen relationship will affect their onscreen chemistry.

I think Love Rain is getting better and hopefully more people will join this thread and spread the love for this drama.

yeah I have the same thought as you too... without she realize, she always like listen to Seo Jun and always waiting him. maybe because she thinks she's clear that the person she likes is her sunbae, Taesung. I think she also actually have feelings for Jun... ^_^

and thanks for sharing on about JGS. I definitely see a different side of him. I'm not really a fan of him but I'm not a hater also cause as an actor he's one great actor and sometimes I found him cool :D

Yoonhee & Hana stomach grumbling

cr: 여울비 @ bestiz

Hana and Yoonhee different ways of sleeping. while Yoonhee being flawless yet Hana !!! LMAO :lol:

530080_433506360000280_169719386378980_1942473_955975385_n.jpg

cr: Love Rain fb page

Guest allygirl

after read post about the ring,

what if HANA have couple ring where she wore one and another one she kept for the loved one (maybe for her first love)..

since she wore the ring in the whole 6th episode!!!

Archived