someone had been requesting Drama City episodes where Im Joo Hwan appeared in...here's one of them:

Drama City 8-5-06 'City Ghost Story, Not a Scary Story' HQ

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/368/dcl...t0ryn0ta4xd.jpg

avail @ my CB: http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

does anyone have this episode to upload?

it seems creidesca's cb is not longer active.

many thanks in advance. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH! Now I remember~ ^^ He was the doctor in "Snow Queen"!! It was the first drama I saw him in. ;) And my first impression was so good. I thought he was very handsome and sweet. It sad how I forgot...I haven't seen him lately, but now he's starting in "Tamra" which is currently one of my favorite dramas this year. I think I might even have to buy the box as an collection. ^^ I'm sure I'm a fan now. He's caught my eyes twice now, and the next one will definitely be when he's a different drama. ;) .....I'll be stalking this thread for a while. Until the next update~

Guest Masaya

So this is the thread of Im Joo Hwan. I made my way here. :D Im Joo Hwan charmed me in Tamra and lured me here. My first expression of the good looking guy is luke warm. As time goes on, I've become smitten with such lovely expressions, such warm voice, such beautiful eyes, and the smile that kills me tenderly. It made me forget who was my last crush and painted the sky with the images of Park Kyu. For the first time I actually dig traditional Korean men clothing. He makes it looks so good. The tall silhouette stands there staring at the far distance beyond the ocean. His white robe flows with the wind.

I skimmed through the pages and read some summaries. I saw the clips provided through the youtube links above of the behind the scene. If anyone knows where to get this please let me know. I love to download the original. CB is fine. I can see his uke ways in the clip. I love you regardless oh lovely one. Uke is love. :wub:

(Actually I made a MV for him but youtube isn't fun anymore. I spent time uploading just to have them disable the audio. Rats.)

At any rate, I have my eyes on this thread. :D

An intereview Credit: movieweek

Original article on 2009.08.18

htm_20090818170832020000020401-001.jpg

I translated a little highlight from the chinese version posted in Krdrama forum. My bad if it is off. Please refer original article in Movieweek for details.

Credit: xuhanlilis from Krdama.

Im Ju-hwan

He learned a lot from Tamra Island. And he found the role as Park Kyu most challenging. He was an impatient person. He is really into his role of Park Kyu that he starts to act like him and talks in his calm tone. It scares him when he even walks like him with his hand in the back while not in filming.

@shinobu

Probably so. As per the original comic character, Park Kyu is an exiled prince. In the drama, his servant said he was a legendary swordsman who once saved the king from his assassin. His true identity is not revealed yet.

Here comes two more stills

Credit: mbc

tamra_photo09081016160553TAMGIRL0.jpg

tamra_photo09081016160553TAMGIRL1.jpg

<-- there's a link to parts of the city ghost story.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nklovedays

This user has a lot of stuff on Im Joo Hwan in her channel. Happy viewing all! =D

^ thanks for finding that! :D

^ Here's this article translated.

Please give all credits if taking out. :D Hope you can learn more about him

Source:

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...082200190846640

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...;aid=0002216456

Reported by: Im Hyeseon (임혜선lhsro@asiae.co.kr)

Translated by: atel

imjuhwana.th.jpg

Tamra, The Island - Im Juhwan

“Now I get recognized in the subway” (Interview)

2009-08-22 10:50

Asia Economy Im Hyeseon reporter

There is an actor who is slowly seeping into the minds of people like hanji* soaking up water. This actor is Im Juhwan, a lead character in MBC’s weekend drama, Tamra, The Island.

I met with Im Juhwan on the set of Tamra, The Island. He is unlike a celebrity with an easy-going attitude and honesty, which are his charming points.

◇“After Boys Before Flowers, teenagers would recognize me on the subway”

Im Juhwan is a model-turn-actor who debuted in the 2004 drama, Magic (매직). He got noticed in such dramas as Don’t Worry (걱정하지마), This Love I Want to Kill (이 죽일놈의 사랑), and Snow Queen (눈의 여왕). More recently, he was in the movie, A Frozen Flower (쌍화점), and the drama, Boys Before Flowers (꽃보다 남자), making an imprint on the minds of more people.

“In Boys Before Flowers I made an appearance as Kimbum’s older brother. I think that’s when people started to pay attention to me. I use public transportation to get around. In the past, when I took the subway, people in their 20’s would recognize me, but after appearing in Boys Before Flower, teenagers would recognize me. (Laughs)”

In reality, he is not like those fortunate enough to shoot to immediate fame. He’s had some difficult times during the 6 years after his debut.

“I don’t know what is more difficult. I think that being an actor is a hard profession in itself. Everyone finds it a little difficult. Now that I am older there is mental pressure. If I put in more effort it will be better, wouldn’t it?”

Last year he was involved in a car accident and this year he was faced with the rumor of using illegal drugs. He was on the way to film for A Frozen Flower at the Movie Theme Park in Buan County in North Jeolla Province, when his vehicle collided with a cargo truck, leaving him with a neck fracture. He was given 12 weeks to recover. And this year, he was rumored to have been implicated with the model-turn-actor Ju Jihun whom was found to have inhaled illegal drugs. But in reality it was a groundless rumor.

“Sure, when the news got out at that time, I got a call from my management. I haven’t spoken to them [those involved in the drug incident] since 3 years ago. Because we started as models and have worked together, the rumors would have been expected. But because it’s not true, I was not shaken by it at all.”

imjuhwanb.th.jpg

Tamra, The Island - Park Gyu, “Life’s Turning Point”

Tamra, The Island is his first lead role in a drama. He has the role of the Joseon scholar Park Gyu, who is serving as an undercover royal investigator. He is sent to Jeju Island to investigate the Jeju tributary goods and other matters. His cover for being sent to Jeju Island is that he is ‘in exile for harassing women.’ In particular, as this drama was ambitiously produced by the same people who produced this year’s hit Boys Before Flowers, the anticipation about him was equally great once it was revealed that he was one of the main characters.

“To be honest, to say that I felt no expectation would be a lie. When a cool scene or a scene that I liked appeared, I would especially feel the expectation. I think plenty of [my] parts still have room for improvement. I think that the characters of William, played by Hwang Chanbin, and Yan, played by Lee Seonho, will be very popular.

As this is his first lead role, he felt very nervous before shooting, but he also prepared a lot for it. In particular, he watched many movies. He says that he watched films about the military and the law to help prepare for his character’s image.

“Parkgyu’s appeal is that although he is cold on the outside he is a warm-hearted person. He also risks everything to protect Beojin (played by Seowu). I watched a lot of films about the military and the law as way to help me develop speech that is sensible and sharp.”

He continued to explain about the appeal about Tamra, The Island.

Tamra, The Island is about the people living on Jeju Island. It’s a story about the intertwining of lives and people’s struggles. Rather I’m [his character] the alien over there. You can just leave the TV on while working. I am confident that if you do that you’ll naturally be drawn to the TV. (Laughs)”

◇Actors? “Fantastic harmony”

The harmony between the actors is a given. He prides in the having this terrific harmony. The atmosphere on the set is like a family. Even if it’s not their turn to film, all the actors work together. The same goes for the staff.

“Having filmed with each other for 1 year, we can talk about all sorts of things. For me, it’s the first time that I’ve gotten this close with the staff. I get along with the actors as if they’re my brothers and sisters.”

imjuhwanc.th.jpg

For 5 months, since August of last year, the Tamra, The Island’s ‘family’ lived on Jeju Island while filming. Perhaps that’s why he says, with a bright smile, that he and his fellow actors have seen everything.

“I have spent 1 year with the actors. All I seem to remember is about the difficulties. (Laughs) The difficulty was due to the weather and the surrounding environment. I saw practically everything on Jeju Island. If a fellow actor was filming a difficult scene, although they [non-filming actors] didn’t experience the hardship, the rest would watch and look out for each other.”

Seowu has especially many scenes in which she gets hit and has to cry. Amongst the handsome guys she accordingly has her share of suffering. He describes Seowu as an intense actress.

“Seowu is an intense actress. She gives off the feeling as if an animal might dash off somewhere. I was taken aback when I first acted together with Seowu.”

With A Frozen Flower, Tamra, The Island, and his accident, it was a hectic 1 year and 6 months for him. “Tamra, The Island, is my acting career’s turning point. I keep telling myself, ‘Fighting.’ ”

*hanji = Korean paper

Guest Masaya

Wow, atel, thanks for the good job at translating. The guy is really not lucky at all considering he had the bad accident and the false accusation. I was thinking if he got the role of the main lead in HYD (which he would have been able to handle easily), his fame would have shot up by now. But then the thought of me giving some consideration for any HYD live versions at all give me the creeps.

I'm trying to find some info on various search engine. The english ones don't turn up with too many of hits. Baidu seems dead (or maybe I'm not searching the right key words.)

^ :blush: thanks! i'm thinking of translating one of the 10Asia interviews. it's pretty interesting. that is unless dramabeans.com does it. she already did one for Seowu's 10Asia interview.

haha HYD - i think it's better he wasn't in that hoopla. if you see the works he's been in like Drama City and even an episode of Auction House, he's steadily building up his resume.

i dunno if there's one big difference i noticed from his days before and after the accident - his eyes look so different. like there's a dept to it or some maturity. and i'm not the only one to comment on this - another user on a korean board also commented on this (well that makes it 2 individuals, no? haha). i heard the accident was a pretty bad one... i guess something like that can change ones perspective on life.

i guess i might be the only one to comment on this but face-wise he reminds me of some combo Keita Tachibana from W-inds and and Sakai Masato. [shrugs] :lol:

Guest Masaya

He does resemble quite a few other artists. Seeing him I feel like I've seen this face somewhere before so many times from my memory. So he definitely needs to make an impact with his true charisma to reel in the fans (one like me. :D )

Oh ho, Sir Park Kyu is caught red handed (drinking coffee on the job.)

tamra701.jpg

tamra702.jpg

tamra703.jpg

hi all :) *waves*

I first seen Im Joo Hwan in Snow Queen and then, Boys Over Flowers but he didn't leave much of an impression on me. Then I started watching Tamra Island and realised how familiar he is. I was a little suprised to find out he's the doctor in Snow Queen. I must say, his acting have improved a lot since then. :) I am glad that he's given Park Kyu to play because I couldn't imagine anyone playing the same role. ;) Im Joo Hwan looked really good in the white robe and black hat. <3333

Thank you, atel for translating Asia Economy Interview. :) I never knew he was in A Love to Kill, does anyone knows which role he played? Masaya, Park Kyu looked so adorable when he's drinking the coffee especially when he stuck his tongue out. :wub: Ksushi, thanks and please keep the photos coming. :) I love this photo especially, http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/ta/2009/08/25/...562202772_0.jpg

Archived