[Drama 2012] God of War 무신

Admin

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yuffieeee

Hi Everyone,

God of War Episodes 14-18 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

godOfWar.jpg

God of War Episodes 14-18 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurf...od-of-war-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest whodat

I was reading through the Mongol invasion of Korea (WIkipedia) and I realized there is so much stuff that is supposed to happen before Gim Jun kills the last Choe dictator. I was not able to find info on Gim Juns's activities during the invasion only that he killed Choe Ui bringing an end to the Goryeo-Mongol War.

I will try to put some faces featured in this drama to the names mentioned in Wikipedia.

Choe U

God.Of.War.E04%255B%2528038391%252920-36-13%255D.JPG

General Sartai

God.Of.War.E06%255B20-37-34%255D.JPG

Kim Yun-hu

God.Of.War.E01%255B%2528010107%252920-35-25%255D.JPG

Kim Jun (also known as Kim Injun)

God.Of.War.E10%255B%2528113370%252920-42-11%255D.JPG

Ji Gwang-su

Hong Bok-won

Events leading up to the Mongol invasion:

• In 1225, the Mongol Empire demanded tribute goods from Goryeo.
  • Mongol envoy Chu-ku-yu was killed. His death was used by the Mongols as an excuse to invade Goryeo.
  • In 1231, Ögedei Khan ordered the invasion of Korea.

Events during the Mongol Invasion:
  • Under the command of General Sartai, The Mongol army crossed the Yalu river and quickly secured the surrender of the border town of Uiju.
  • Choe U mobilized as many soldiers as possible into an army consisting largely of infantry, where it fought the Mongols at both Anju and Kusong. The Mongols took Anju; however, they were forced to retreat after the Siege of Kusong. Frustrated by siege warfare, Sartai instead used his armies' superior mobility to bypass the Goryeo army and succeeded in taking the capital at Gaesong.
  • Elements of the Mongol army reached as far as Chungju in the central Korean peninsula; however, their advance was halted by a slave army led by Ji Gwang-su where his army fought to the death.
  • Realizing that with the fall of the capital Goryeo was unable to resist the Mongol invaders, Goryeo sued for peace. General Sartai began withdrawing his main force to the north in the spring of 1232, leaving seventy-two Mongol administrative officials stationed in various cities in northwestern Koryo to ensure that Koryo kept his peace terms.

• In 1232, Choe U ordered the Imperial Court and most of Gaesong's population to be moved from Songdo to Ganghwa Island.
  • The Mongols protested the move and immediately launched a second attack. The Mongol army was led by a traitor from Pyongyang called Hong Bok-won and the Mongols occupied much of northern Korea.
  • The Mongol general there, Sartai, was killed by the monk Kim Yun-hu amidst strong civilian resistance at the Battle of Cheoin near Yongin, forcing the Mongols to withdraw again.

• In 1235, the Mongols began a campaign that ravaged parts of Gyeongsang and Jeolla Provinces.
  • After the Mongols were unable to take either Ganghwa Island or Goryeo's mainland mountain castles, the Mongols began to burn Goryeo farmland in an attempt to starve the populace.
  • In 1238, Goryeo relented, and sued for peace. The Mongols withdrew, in exchange for Goryeo's agreement to send the Imperial Family as hostages.

• In 1247, the Mongols began the fourth campaign against Goryeo, again demanding the return of the capital to Songdo and the Imperial Family as hostages.
  • With the death of Guyuk Khan in 1248, however, the Mongols withdrew again. But the Mongol raids continued until 1250.

• Mongke ordered the prince Yeku to command the army against Korea. However, a Korean in the court of Mongke convinced them to begin their campaign in July 1253.
  • Working together with the Goryeo commanders who had joined the Mongols, Jalairtai Qorchi ravaged Korea. Gojong finally agreed to move the capital back to the mainland, and sent his step son, Angyeong, as a hostage. The Mongols agreed to a cease fire in January 1254.
  • The Mongols later learned that top Goryeo officials remained on Ganghwa Island, and had punished those who negotiated with the Mongols. Between 1253 and 1258, the Mongols under Jalairtai launched four devastating invasions in the final successful campaign against Korea.
  • In 1258, Choe Ui, the fourth of the Choe family, was overthrown by Kim Jun (also known as Kim Injun) using the Sambyeolcho. Kim Jun took a pro-Mongol policy and sent Crown Prince Wang Jeon to the Mongol Empire. At the same time, King Gojong and the crown prince approached the Mongols to restore power from Kim Jun.
  • In 1268, however, Kim Jun was annihilated by the Sambyeolcho under the order of Im Yeon.

Can someone please put the preview on youtube.  For some strange reason I am unable to watch it from imbc via my pcs.   Thanks and take care.

I haven't found youtube link  but I  will still look when I find I will post it

Guest whodat

It's sad the way the ratings of this drama are not picking up. I thought it was only a matter of time before it became one of the top dramas but sad.gif. Needless to say, I love this drama and the level of detail the directors are paying to everything. Personally, I find it better than GTGC especially the war scenes.

EP 19 & 20 were great but hard to follow without subs especially the meeting where tactics/measures were discussed.

A few years have passed since Gim Jun was sent to the border areas and everyone seems to have grown a beard. Gim Jun has been in constant communication with Pak Song Bi advising him on measures needed to deal with an imminent Mongol threat. We learn that Choe U's wife died and that while on her death bed had pleaded with Song I to forget about Gim Jun and serve her husband, Gim Yakseon, well. Though Song I and Gim Yakseon have two kids, a daughter and a son, she still has thinks about Gim Jun and is constantly trying to look for new concerning him. There is also a rumor spreading concerning Gim Jun and Song I (unclear on the details) and it seems that Yakseon is aware of it.

Choe U and his ministers/generals are trying devise counter-measures to deal with the invading Mongol army. Gim Jun and his men take part in the battle at Ch'olchu that ends with the complete annihilation of all its inhabitants, military and non-military. Gim Jun and his men were however ordered to escape as the army made its last stand so as to report back Mongol tactics so as to better prepare the Goryeo army.

Korea: The Mongol Invasion (1963) By Henthorn William.

On August 26 1231, a large Mongol force under the command of Marshal Sartaq crossed the Yalu and surrounded Hamsin-chin which quickly surrendered under the Mogol threats to slaughter the inhabitatnts. Instrumental to the surrender was Cho Sukch'ang, the son of Cho Chu'ng, who reminded the Mongols of the previous pledge of his father. Sukch'ang subsequently served Sartaq and brought his demands to the Goryeo authorities.

General Sartaq                    Cho Sukch'ang

God.of.War.E19%255B18-28-13%255D.JPGGod.of.War.E19%255B18-27-08%255D.JPG

[...]

Arriving at Ch'olchu, the Mongols took Mun Tae a military official of rank Colonel, who was captured and led him beneath the city walls where he was instructed to inform the people that the Mongol army had arrived and that the city should speedily submit. Mun defiantly shouted: "They are not really Mongol troops". The Mongols were going to behead him but as the city did not submit, they tried again, and once more Mun shouted that they were not really Mongol troops for which he was killed. The Mongols quickly launched an attack but it was to prove an empty victory. As the provisions ran out and the city appeared doomed, the Administrator, a certain Yi Huijok, assembled all the women and children of the city put them in the granary and then set fire to it. Then he led the male adults in cutting their own throats.

Mun Tae                              Yi Huijok

God.of.War.E19%255B18-27-53%255D.JPGGod.of.War.E19%255B18-32-54%255D.JPG

?????

God.of.War.E19%255B18-32-12%255D.JPG

It's going to be interesting to see how the whole Gim Jun <-> Song I <-> Gim Yakseon thing is going to play out when Gim Jun returns as a war hero.

Guest trixicopper

Being as language challenged as I am,after the time skip in episode 19 ,I was just lost. So I've decided to bank the episodes and watch as subs become availiable. Sageuk speak is way beyond my capabilities.

You got you wish the Mongols are here and the last two episodes were still pretty good.I can't believe Song Yi is till clinging to Gim Jun even after all this time.Gim Jun told her straight out that the only person in his heart was Wol ah even in death.

Archived