[Drama 2011] Padam Padam… The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats/빠담빠담… 그와 그녀의 심

Guest miguel09

Just maranthoned the previous 6 episodes today on Christmas Eve and I can't wait for episode 7! Love Kang Chil! Poor guy I feel so badly for him. I'm rooting for a happy ending!!! Please let the couple (and angel) be happy! And that would make us very happy too!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Untill episode 6, I must say that "padam padam" havent yet let me down, I love it so far. I love everything in it, from the actor/actress, the character really well acted, the story so far, the visualization, OST, etc etc :)...even the crazy in me said that if "padam padam" will have sad ending I'm gonna be okay and will understand because so far they already give me these beautiful story, though I still craving for happy ending :)

When I watched how Ji Na treated Kang Chil after the kiss, I feel so bad for Kang Chil. I try to understand Ji Na position, but I feel Kang Chil doesnt deserve to be treated like that. That's why I feel some relieve when I see Kang Chil shouting at Ji Na to apologize. From Ji Na expression, I think she realize her mistake and "cruel" behaviour to Kang Chil too...and if the ex-boyfriend didnt interupt maybe finally she will apologize to Kang Chil.

For me Ji Na now in the "denial state" about her feeling to Kang Chil, but her ex-BF already had a feeling that Ji Na is slowly but sure falling for Kang Chil, that's why he made an impulsive act to kiss and propose to Ji Na...no..no..no...that's the wrong move man. BTW I like this ex-BF too, he is so "grey" in his character, make me wonder why he still hang around with Ji Na when he already broke up with her, because he cheat on her...and the way his interaction with Ji Na's father, I found it kind of cute hehehe

I notice that some lovey dovey scene between Ji Na dan Kang Chil in promo trailer didnt include in real scene, for example : when both of them watching fireworks, Kang Chil hug Ji Na and their date at the zoo...where's is the ice cream scene? Did they cut it?....I've been thinking that maybe there was something big happen that causing Kang Chil return to the past time like before he was had the death sentence, and maybe Kang Chil and Ji Na will do the same thing like before but right now in more proper way, like proper dating watching fireworks and ice cream date at the zoo and hopefully proper kissing scene hehehehe

If Padam Padam will be 20 episodes, the story still could develop anywhere and Padam padam has a lot of potential for it...and because Kang Chil still has 2 miracles with him, maybe at some point we will see Kang Chil return to his past again...hmmm maybe in the end he will return to the scene before Park Gang Chul stab and kill Ji Na's uncle to fix the past?...and I want to say, how I love seeing Park Gang Chul feeling scare after Kang Chil following and confront him about the murder evidence...such a coward guy who masked under his prosecutor robe...

^^ Agie, that's a really interesting prediction! Is it possible for miracle no. 2 to bring Kang Chil back in time like miracle no. 1 so he has another chance to properly court Jina ect.? This seems like a very possible outcome but I have a feeling like those scenes and pictures were simply taken as promotional material, because I would love to see that ice cream scene!!!! I also kind of hope that kang chil's accident won't need a miracle (as in one of the three angel miracles) but maybe science will be able to save him and through this, Jina will finally realize what her real feelings for kang chil are and it thus becomes a catalyst for their relationship! :wub:

Guest satisfaction!

merry christmas/happy holidays everyoneeee!!!

and yay welcome new padamers :)

@autumn93: yeah me toooo! i seriously think he pulls off that "scrubby" look (though it doesnt hurt to see him as that sexy character he always is). i cant even remember the last drama thread i commented on consistently as well! its been awhile since a kdrama captured my heart...im glad padam is getting more noticed and popular. if you read all the korean articles about this drama, many are saying how it's a heartwarming story that really makes their heart go padam padam - which i 100% agree on ;)

@vena.cava: i agree, padam is amazing right? ^^ can't wait for the next episode!

@moniiica: oh man, i forgot about jina's asthma problem. that'll definitely play an interesting factor in the story..hmm..

@sadeva: rooting on the same boat as ya :)

@ly22: i know right? i usually dont like melos, but JWS really captivated my heart :wub:

@hallobean: i cant wait for ep7 as well >< autumn93 & i conversed about this earlier, but we're both thinking KC will get a good ending b/c this drama is based on miracles! (the 3 chances) we really do hope so...

@Agie: hmm interesting prediction indeed! i guess that's the thing this drama does...it makes us really wonder how KC + others will end up. i found it hard to predict correctly with padam! such a mystery...

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to you too satisfaction! and all my fellow Padamers (satisfaction! is that what we are now? :P ) Sadly, I can't read korean so I haven't been able to read all the reviews for this wonderful show but I'm glad to hear that most critics agree that this show is heartwarming! Too bad dramabeans didn't decide to recap this show but I've been reading the ones posted by JBarky. I agree, it never hurts to see a guy dressed up and looking nice in a slick suit ;) which JWS pulls off marvelously! Recently I have been watching FBRS, M2F, CoW(kind of, no subs) and Padam Padam but I've only posted in this thread, which really is a measure of how much I appreciate this series!

@moniiica Jina has an asthma problem? I thought only her mom did? This really is interesting, her mom had an asthma attack while driving because her dad was screaming at her over the phone, so maybe Jina's asthma will play a role in stopping kang chil from doing something he will regret later on?

I would also like to say hello and welcome to all the new fans who've decided to contribute to this thread! :D glad to see it lively and filled with discussion and predictions!!

Thanks for the warm wellcome autumn93:)

Since the first time I read about "Padam padam" I already decide to follow this show because of Han Ji Min, and after watching the drama I fell in love with almost all the cast. When I watched K-drama there's always one or two character that I can't stand to watch them on screen and skip their scene, but in Padam padam until episode 6 thankfully there's no character that I hate, even I don't hate Park Gang Chul hehehehe... Even though their mix the story line with fantasy (angel kind of thing and miracle), weird enough I still can connect with most of the character in this drama...Like someone said before, all the character in Padam padam has their own layer, and their not shallow character.

In short, Padam padam isn't typical K-drama, like satisfaction! said, Padam padam storyline a little bit difficult to predict:)

Right now, I'm curious about Gook so premonition, so far all his premonition will come true....interesting thing about Gook So premonition is that his premonition is as clear as blue sky, what I mean is Gook So premonition wasn't something that we have to read between the line, his premonition more something like "what you see is what you get". In his dream he saw that Kang Chil fell of the water right? At the end of episode 6, we can see PGC's sidekick following Kang Chil, and I had a feeling that he is the one who trying to crash Kang Chil in the phone booth by big truck. But we already knew right that Kang Chil live near the sea, could it be possible when the sidekick trying to kill Kang Chil, Kang Chil is quickly enough to jump in the water or at least he was thrown of to water, so he could be save without using his miracle (hopefully the phone booth located near the water :) ).

At this point I dont want Kang Chil used up his 2 miracles for such trivia things, so hopefully he can save it for the latter and for most important thing that concerning the matter of life and death. Because we still have 14 episodes and we will never know what will happen to Kang Chil.

Oh I almost forget, autumn93, you said that maybe sweet moment between Kang Chil and Ji Na only for promotional material? Oh noooooo, and how about their sweet scene in the meadow and near the creek, when they play soap bubble and when Kang Chil kissing Ji Na in the water...ihiiiiiks I will cry if we can only see all their sweet moment in the promotional trailer not in the real scene :(

Thanks for the warm wellcome autumn93:)

Since the first time I read about "Padam padam" I already decide to follow this show because of Han Ji Min, and after watching the drama I fell in love with almost all the cast. When I watched K-drama there's always one or two character that I can't stand to watch them on screen and skip their scene, but in Padam padam until episode 6 thankfully there's no character that I hate, even I don't hate Park Gang Chul hehehehe... Even though their mix the story line with fantasy (angel kind of thing and miracle), weird enough I still can connect with most of the character in this drama...Like someone said before, all the character in Padam padam has their own layer, and their not shallow character.

In short, Padam padam isn't typical K-drama, like satisfaction! said, Padam padam storyline a little bit difficult to predict:)

Right now, I'm curious about Gook so premonition, so far all his premonition will come true....interesting thing about Gook So premonition is that his premonition is as clear as blue sky, what I mean is Gook So premonition wasn't something that we have to read between the line, his premonition more something like "what you see is what you get". In his dream he saw that Kang Chil fell of the water right? At the end of episode 6, we can see PGC's sidekick following Kang Chil, and I had a feeling that he is the one who trying to crash Kang Chil in the phone booth by big truck. But we already knew right that Kang Chil live near the sea, could it be possible when the sidekick trying to kill Kang Chil, Kang Chil is quickly enough to jump in the water or at least he was thrown of to water, so he could be save without using his miracle (hopefully the phone booth located near the water :) ).

At this point I dont want Kang Chil used up his 2 miracles for such trivia things, so hopefully he can save it for the latter and for most important thing that concerning the matter of life and death. Because we still have 14 episodes and we will never know what will happen to Kang Chil.

Oh I almost forget, autumn93, you said that maybe sweet moment between Kang Chil and Ji Na only for promotional material? Oh noooooo, and how about their sweet scene in the meadow and near the creek, when they play soap bubble and when Kang Chil kissing Ji Na in the water...ihiiiiiks I will cry if we can only see all their sweet moment in the promotional trailer not in the real scene :(

I agree with you agie.. The sweet moment hope that will get real in this drama not just for promotion things indeed.. Especially i love jung woo sung.. But rarely he become despicable character in his film and drama.. But love him in Kang Chil character..

Guest mayadee666

Agie

Oh now that you have mentioned it, I think you just answered my questions right away. Well because of the late release of the subs, I've been watching Padam2 back&forth between 5-6, 3-4 and back to 5-6. I did notice some of the scenes from their date are missing, and I don't think that the PD purposely cut those scenes after showing it in the preview. Your prediction does make sense, A LOT. It didn't even cross my mind at all. I really like Padam2 since I agree with you, it isn't like typical Kdrama I've ever watched. I feel that Padam2 has a bit sense of Japanese dramas, when you're watching padam2 it has superficial feel, both in scriptwriting and in acting itself. I personally love Kang Chil's character, you said you like Jina's ex-BF because his 'grey' character, but for me Kang Chil represents both the best and the worst character that a human has.

I can't wait for episode 7 tomorrow! I already watched the preview, I still don't have any idea why does Kang Chil already use the 2nd miracles out 3 miracles that Gookso gave him? I mean why the scriptwriter decides to use it, it's not even in the half way of the drama yet....

have I told you I really really like JWS & HJM's chemistry in this drama? It's so breathtaking. And it would break my heart if they decided to give us sad ending :( I can't possibly let that happen to them.

have I told you I really really like JWS & HJM's chemistry in this drama? It's so breathtaking. And it would break my heart if they decided to give us sad ending :( I can't possibly let that happen to them.

I can't wait for episode 7 tomorrow! I already watched the preview, I still don't have any idea why does Kang Chil already use the 2nd miracles out 3 miracles that Gookso gave him? I mean why the scriptwriter decides to use it, it's not even in the half way of the drama yet....

Hai mayadee666, when was Kang Chil used his second miracle? I thought Kang Chil just use it once in the day his death sentence...am I missing something here? sweatingbullets.gif ....For me all the character in Padam padam showing their good and bad side. There's no super angelic and kind character here and no super evil character...hmmm even Park Gang Chul is not that evil I guess sweatingbullets.gif , he still trying to be filial son to his father and mother, you can see it after Kang Chil confront him, he receive a phone call from his mom, and the way he answer the phone call showing that he love and respect his mom..

...and about JWS and HJM chemistry...I'm really agree with you, woah I love the tension whenever they are together...I love seeing Kang Chil expression everytime he want to show his feeling to Ji Na, he looks so unsure whether what he said or do will offense Ji Na or not, but in the end he can not help it right and there we have the most sad and awkward kissing scene ihiiiks -_-:wub:

Guest Yeoreum1430286699

Does anyone know where i can find softsubs for ep 5 and 6? Really curious what happened after seeing everyone their lengthy discussion posts wink.gif (Tried not to read them though; spoilers...)

Guest lucky_moon

Does anyone know where i can find softsubs for ep 5 and 6? Really curious what happened after seeing everyone their lengthy discussion posts *quoted image* (Tried not to read them though; spoilers...)

Okay, the only place l knew for softsub is Darksmurf site, so check the site, or check the other site provided here for streaming with English subs.

Agie, I completely agree with you! One of the things this show does so well is writing each character and scene to be interesting and in such a human way that I watch every scene and never fast forward anything, afraid that I will miss a little detail which might be crucial to the plot development. All the characters, as you say are not particularly evil, per-say, but all possess flaws and weaknesses. If you think about the murder incident, that happened when all four boys were in the teens, still so young and they all made a mistake which still haunts them till this day. They were all friends, as I presumed, but unfortunately turned out to be enemies! Also, jina's ex-boyfriend who cheated on her is suppose to be a despicable character, if you only read his description on paper, but the actor makes him likable and also he can be so sweet at times.

I love Gooksu's character, well-acted by Kim Bum, and his Hyung-Dongseng relationship with Kang Chil. It's so adorable! As for Gooksu's premonitions, they are very darn accurate but sadly gooksu himself cannot predict when they are going to occur, which makes us viewers always on our toes about which they will come true. I don't think that there was any water near the phone booth and the way the crash was shot (which was at lightning speed! making it unexpected, even though we knew it was coming) I don't think Kang Chil managed to jump out of the way. I also hope miracle no. 2 will not be used yet but maybe doctors will be able to save him this time.

I also really hope we will still have the bubbles scene and the scene where he holds her in the water (electrifying chemistry!) because both scenes look so beautiful!!!

Joleum do come back and share your thoughts on ep 5 and 6 after you watch them! ^_^

Sadeva, I completely agree! I can't wait til Jina completely falls for Kang Chil! Their love will be so sweet! Kang Chil is such a prickly person around a lot of people, but around those he loves and cares for, he is such a warm and soft person!

I'm so excited to see the development between Kang Chil and his son, since you can see that his son his starting to grow on him and likewise. I also love that kang chil's mom and his son are really acting like grandma and grandson!

Does anyone know where i can find softsubs for ep 5 and 6? Really curious what happened after seeing everyone their lengthy discussion posts *quoted image* (Tried not to read them though; spoilers...)

Hai joleum, I found soft subs for episode 5 and 6 in this site : http://mediumquality.blogspot.com/2011/12/padam-padamthe-sound-of-his-and-her.html, I'm not sure if I can post the mediafire link for the soft subs here, so just scroll down and you can find the link that someone post it in those site.

I don't think that there was any water near the phone booth and the way the crash was shot (which was at lightning speed! making it unexpected, even though we knew it was coming) I don't think Kang Chil managed to jump out of the way. I also hope miracle no. 2 will not be used yet but maybe doctors will be able to save him this time.

Hai autumn93, after I watch preview epi 7 countless time, yeaah I have to be agree that unfortunately Kang chil will use his second miracle here, the way they shoot the scene was almost the same with Kang Chil situation when he had the dead sentence and could return into his past time. Maybe he could return to the scene before the big truck crush him, and seeing Kang Chil almost killed maybe it will made Ji Na realize about her feeling to him :wub:

I'm so excited to see the development between Kang Chil and his son, since you can see that his son his starting to grow on him and likewise. I also love that kang chil's mom and his son are really acting like grandma and grandson!

Now that you mention about Kang Chil's son..are we already sure that he is really Kang Chil's son just base on his blood type AB ? They should take the DNA test..... I have uncomfortable feeling about this, I remember when Gook So went to find Kang Chil's son and they ride the bus together, Gook So found picture of a man, that man wearing a robe like when we have in graduation ceremony, maybe he is scholar?...and Gook So said something like "who is that man?" Is the man was boyfriend of Kang Chil's ex (the scary thing is if he has AB blood type too crazy.gif )? I had a feeling in the latter part this picture will make another appearance sweatingbullets.gif I'm really afraid when Kang Chil and his son already acknowledge each other that they are indeed father and son, suddenly someone will come and claim that their not related, how cruel is that for Kang Chil :angry:

Enough for my depressed prediction hehehehe :) How about if we predict sweet moment between Kang Chil and Ji Na in epi 7 base on pics I capture from the preview :wub:

Pics 1 and 2 are from epi 7 preview

Screenshot2011-12-26at63239AM.png

Screenshot2011-12-26at63311AM.png

Pics 3 and 4 are from Promo Trailer

Screenshot2011-12-26at65408AM.png

Screenshot2011-12-26at65553AM.png

Base on their clothes, maybe we will have the scene in the water and hopefully proper kissing scene in epi 7 :D:wub: :wub:

2011-12-26

Credit : http://osen.mt.co.kr...cle/G1109334728

20111226001.jpg

Credit : http://www.morningnews.co.kr/read.php3?no=45291

20111226002.jpg

Credit : http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=207868

20111226003.jpg

Credit : http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=icover

20111226004.jpg

Credit : http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=207869

20111226005.jpg

Credit : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109334817

20111226006.jpg

Enough for my depressed prediction hehehehe :) How about if we predict sweet moment between Kang Chil and Ji Na in epi 7 base on pics I capture

Base on their clothes, maybe we will have the scene in the water and hopefully proper kissing scene in epi 7 :D:wub: :wub:

Guest satisfaction!

@autumn93: hehehe yes we are official padamers ^^ i know, im sad dramabeans isn't recapping, but i hope she does soon! omgg...the way JWS looks at HJM makes me :wub: (ep7 preview) sighhh...this is making me a hopeless romantic again -__- cant wait for ep7 soon! i've been dying to watch it. they recently ran a tv marathon of ep1-6 for christmas! dang, times like this, i wish i lived in korea :b and since you brought the subject of KC's son + his grandma's relationship, i can't help but applaud na mun hee (the actress that is KC's mom) and her acting. i mean, i knew she was always good, but she just adds that spice yaknow? ^^

@Agie: yeah definitely gooksu's visions are right on track. but it gives me assurance that gooksu is going to be a really good guardian angel. if it wasn't for his character, this drama would just plain be depressing :P i mentioned this before, but kim bum's character realllllly balances the drama with his dorkiness yet seriousness! also i agree with you about the characters not being completely bad/good. they all had reasons to do the things they did - it's just the way they did it was different :/

@mayadee666: hello! im sure the scriptwriter decided to already use 2 miracles for a reason ^^ (it just makes us viewers go on the edge of our seat more haha) i trust noh hee kyung (the scriptwriter) to make the best of out of this! and yessssss KC+Jina's chemistry is sooooooooo good :wub: idk about everyone else, but when main leads do not have chemistry, i can't watch the drama no matter how well the plot is T.T it just doesnt work for me...

@sadeva: their love is sweet right? ^^

@Joleum: have you seen ep5+6 yet? :D

@zherlthsh: my oh my are those pictures lovely or whatttttt? T______T i really think the kiss scene is part of ep7...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Agie!!!! You are so observative! Thank you for pointing out the fact that the water scene from the promotional videos correlate to the clothes from ep 7 preview! I really hope that that scene and the kiss happens in ep 7 and that Jina and KangChil start to date!! :wub: Regardin Kang Chil's son, I don't think any of us can be sure that the cute boy is kang chil's son, although they share the same blood type and are both geniuses (there's also a possibility that his mom knew from the beginning that Kang chil isn't the father but wanted to use him to take care of her child or something like she did with the one night stand), however I think it is so much more heartwarming for the cute boy, who no one seems to want, to find a father figure through kang chil and a doting grandma and even an uncle through gooksu :P.

zherlthsh, thank you for those beautiful pictures, the cinematography in this show leaves me breathless!

So excited for ep 7!!!!!!

satisfaction! Padamers it is! :lol: I agree, the way jws looks at hjm in ALL the scenes makes me want to melt, like on the train ride where he keeps asking her about her relationship with her ex-boyfriend. I feel as if they really are in love ( I can always hope, can't I ;) ) If the leads in a drama have no chemistry, I can't stand watching the show either! haha, you and me both, well written shows with epic romances always bring out hopeless romantic in me!

And yes, since this is cable, they better give us a REAL kiss scene, and not one of those stiff ones!

Guest satisfaction!

@autumn93: omg i couldnt help but rewatch that scene!!!! i wish i was jina :rolleyes: tehe. ya know, i wouldnt be surprised if they do end up together...:b and i put my trust that JWS will not do a stiff kiss scene b/c it seems like jina is actually okay with it this time :phew:

and good news padamers, the kiss scene will be in ep7!!!!

nvodhc.png

source = padam official twitter

(rough translation: JWS+HJM / KC+Jina meet again...their romantic date/scene will come out in the 7th episode!)

in their other tweet, it states how it took them 3 days to achieve this scene. props to them for withstanding the winter cold in korea >_< i demand behind the scene pics or vids :P

satisfaction! thank you so much for making my day (okay actually it's night where I am but whatever :P ) and always bringing such wonderful news to this thread!!!!!! Now I'm very very excited for ep 7 knowing that there will be the much awaited kiss scene!! First of all it better not be a dream and secondly it better be a REAL kiss. I do agree with you that Jina/HJM will participate in the kiss this time since, yes, the first kiss was kind of awkward since jina was not expecting it and kang chil kind of just acted on impulse!!!

Archived