[Movie 2012] Gwanghae, The Man Who Became King 광해:왕이된 남자 Masquerade

rubie

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 16, 2012

Lee Byunghun Showcases Comic Side in Gwanghae, A Man Who Became King
KBS Global

Actor Lee Byung-hun promised fans and the media, “you’ll see a new comedic side of me”, during the press meeting for his new movie Gwang-hae, A Man Who Became King held on August 13th. In the upcoming film, Lee has two roles, one as the tragic Chosun dynasty king Gwanghae and the other as a lowly peasant named Hasun who must act as king due to their similar appearance.

He said he received the offer for the role while he was filming G.I. Joe and thought over it for about two months, adding that Hasun’s naïve and funny character was the biggest reason why he chose to do the film.

8271_4440_l.jpg

On acting two roles he said, “Gwanghae was an actual historical figure so I tried to bring what we already know about him while Hasun’s character was something I had to develop from what was written in the script”, adding “it was more difficult to form Hasun’s character than act two different roles”.

The film deals with Gwanghae, fearful of being poisoned, looking for a man to pretend to be king in his place and finding the peasant Hasun and making him king. Actress Han Hyo-joo plays the lonely queen who is loved by Hasun. [Yonhap]

August 15, 2012
'Gwanghae' Han Hyo Joo, "Lee Byung Hun Was Feeling It Too Much During the Bed Scene"KpopStarz.com
20120813pr_292.jpg
Actress Han Hyo Joo revealed her feelings about having filmed a bed scene with actor Lee Byung Hun.
At the press conference for the movie "Gwanghae: the Man Who Became the King" held yesterday in Seoul, actors Lee Byung Hun, Ryu Seung Ryong, Han Hyo Joo, and Kim In Gwun attended.
On this day, Han Hyo Joo said, "It was my first time working with Lee Byung Hun, and I realized he's an actor that I really want to become. I want to become an actress whose passion doesn't die even after all these years."
When she was asked about the bed scene they filmed, Han Hyo Joo said, "I can't tell you the details but filming that scene was really fun. Lee Byung Hun especially was feeling it very well", arousing laughter.
Photo Credits: Sports Chosun

Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo and More Talk about ‘Masquerade’

The press conference for the film Masquerade was held on August 13 in Seoul.

Masquerade is about how the low-class Ha Sun pretends to be the king Gwanghae when the king comes under danger of being poisoned. It will aim to talk about what happened in the 15 days not recorded in history, and will premiere in September. 73168413.jpg

91128282.jpg

44429279.jpg

15889673.jpg

39988104.jpg

26762533.jpg

48232802.jpg

39444933.jpg

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min
Source: enewsWorld | Hea Jung Min, Erika Kim

Our thanks to
ylin at Lee Byung Hun thread for the cool highlight!

Atlanta Korean Film Festival 2012 - AKFF 2012

Opening Film - Masquerade

Official Website: http://www.koreanfilmfestival.net

Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/AtlantaKoreanFilmFestival

Read the article here: http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=1465557

August 21, 2012
'Masquerade' Han Hyo Joo Character Poster RevealedBy KOREAPORTAL STAFF WRITER
movie_imageCANH6112.jpg
Actress Han Hyo Joo flaunts her pure charm through her character poster for film 'Masquerade.'
'Masquerade' is a film about Chosun's King Kwang Hae on the brink of being poisoned and the episodes that follow low-class Ha Sun disguising himself as the king. It is the hidden story of a 15-day period that has vanished from history.
Han Hyo Joo plays the main female character, the queen in the midst of the secret between the real king and fake king. In the recently revealed poster, Han Hyo Joo captures the attention of audiences with her elegant image and tear-swallowing expression. The caption, "I prayed every night to not be born a woman of the palace in my next life," is also raising the curiosity of fans.      In this film, actor Lee Byung Hun will play two roles as the king and a man of low class, while Ryu Seung Ryong will play the man responsible for arranging the secret switch between the two.
'A man who shouldn't be a king becomes the king of Chosun,' film 'Masquerade' stars Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, and Ryu Seung Ryong.
'Masquerade' will be released in theaters in September.

August 22, 2012
Sunny Sim Eun-kyeong in "Masquerade" with Lee Byeong-heon and Ryoo Seung-ryongSource: Nate via hancinema.net
201208220940030710_1.jpg201208220940030710_2.jpg
Actress Sim Eun-kyeong is coming back with "Masquerade".
Well known for her dialect cussing in the movie "Sunny - 2010" from last year, Sim Eun-kyeong is standing side by side with Lee Byeong-Heon, Ryoo Seung-yong, Han Hyo-joo and other big stars.
Sim Eun-kyeong takes on the role of Sa-wol, a palace maid who was separated from her family when she was young and sold to the palace at a young age. Sa-wol treats Ha-seon (Lee Byeong-Heon) who is in place instead of Gwang-hae (Lee Byeong-Heon) with care and warmth and keeps his secret. She is also one of the important characters that help him voice out as king.
Sim Eun-kyeong said, "I wanted to try out this role more because of the interesting scenario. I was attracted to the purity of the character. I hope I can learn a lot from the senior actresses and actors in this drama and mature to be like them".
Her performances is to be expected amongst Lee Byeong-Heon who is attempting at a historical for the first time, Ryoo Seung-yong who takes on the role of Heo Gyun and Han Hyo-joo who just can't get enough.
Meanwhile, "Masquerade" is about a slave who enters the palace as king instead of the real one. It is directed by Choo Chang-min and will be released on Chuseok this year.

August 22, 2012
Lee Byung Hun surprises fans: "I have an IQ of 155"Source: Nate l hannacha Korea.com
Recently, actor Lee Byung Hun revealed his IQ.
In the episode of SBS’s Night of TV Entertainment which aired on August 22, the cast of the movie Gwanghae appeared in the segment called “Fastball Interview.”
When Lee Byung Hun, the actor who played a double role of a king in the movie, was asked, “What does a king mean to actors?” he answered, “It makes you feel different. It gives you courage. I get this confidence that because I played such a difficult character, there is nothing I can’t do.”
He was also asked about his IQ, and his answer surprised staff. He said, “There were two things I was very proud of during my school days: arm wrestling and my IQ. I have an IQ of 155.”
The actor added, “IQ has nothing to do with being smart. In fact, I lack in social skills. Because of that, I tend to treat people with a sense of inferiority. Also people often find my weak spots and call me stupid,” revealing an unexpected side of him.
The episode became more interesting as Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, and Kim In Kwon appeared in the Fastball Interview.

Archived