[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest wizengamot

that moment when KIM SOO HYUN is wrapped up all over with the joseon garments and still finds him HOT..

o.O times 1 zillion.

if I could only roll on the floor. hahahahaha!!!!

OMO!!! just watched the raw ep. 8, could not even understand a thing and i'm already like this.

what more if i could already understand it? OMG!!! what else could possibly happen?!!!

p.s.

I MISS YOUNG YEOM hahaha!!! for some reason haha i think its odd but still i find young yeom and the adult seol good together :D hehehe

ignore me.

are the translations here from the book or the episode summary?

@lyra There wasn't one particular article but it did start with that news article that said the ratings peaked when he appeared. Lots of articles in Korean portals were written about that as I remember (though only same contents). Even here, I feel there are more JIW fans hehe, (no offence meant) :D

I do feel as well that the other characters are somewhat neglected but I would like to believe that the PDnim would like to establish the chemistry between the OTP the soonest possible time since the young Hwon and YW's chemistry is just superb and in order to continue the momentum of the drama.

I believe that they are slowing infusing some politcal aspect of the drama, it is just that this is not the normal saeguk which is full of polical stripe so I don't really expect a Jumong like political script.

No offense meant but honestly, during the first three episodes, I have not been able to really appreciate the young YW. Not even the butterfly scene. It is only at the start of the 4th or 5th episode when she fell sick that I have been able to see how good she is. The coffin scene doesn't moved me that much either but I must admit that in all the flashback scenes, the PD managed to make all the childhood scenes even better and more emotional.

Just my observation but I really hope that they will capture those emotional scenes longer. Just like when Wol saw HWon during the procession, I am just starting to feel the emotions then suddenly I saw them running. Same with the first day in the palace, I just feel that they are someone in a hurry to show another scene without considering the viewers emotion, so there are times I really regret not seeing much of those beautiful moments.

There are so much anticipation for next week's episode, I don't know if I can be able to work diligently considering that until now, my head is so full of Wol and Hwon.

Guest truong.michelle

i couldn't agree more what u mention there.. i 'm so happy they decided to take HGI for this role ! cause i couldnt find any rookie or younger actress nowadays fits the "strikingly beautiful"/ goddess . cause everybody would turn their heads for this lady! HGI acting really improve alot!sometimes she can talk with her eyes, n she look so young!

Hi! As soon as I read this, I wanted to challenge myself to find someone strikingly beautiful in the younger age group, and it jumped out at me. IU!

She sang once with Song Sam Dong in Dream High, how awesome it would have been to reunite them. Though acting experience wise, not sure if she could pull off the heartache either. Especially when the memory returns.

Hi everyone.

I've translated the next part of the book, after Hwon opens his eyes, and pushes her down, from the last scene of ep 8..

If you're interested in spoilers you can read it here.

Part 1: tl.gd/fim37d Part 2: tl.gd/fim3pp

If you are going to share it anywhere else, please credit me ^^.

Have fun reading!

Btw, it's just a rough translation, so please don't mind my mistakes and all.

akkk .Thank you so much ka .now i'm imagine to far with the bed scene after Hwon on top.555

Han Ga In is so beautiful I don't even care that she is a bit disconnected and a bit too wide-eyed and dazed. i'm developing a girl-crush on her right now. every scene w/ her just looks like art. I just stare at her and think to myself, what perfect nose and perfect eyes and also perfect dot on her nose.

Han Ga In is breathtaking i can watch her the whole day.lol No wonder lots of male idols had a crush on her. She is too pretty to watch i dont even mind if she underacts some parts.lol

Finally done watching episode 7 and 8 in one sitting and i screamed everytime Kim So Hyun was on the screen. Also that part with Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In meeting..damn that was really something. METS have the ability to make me lose my mind but i have to agree with some points shared on this thread that Kim So Hyun over acted on certain scenes, i somehow thought that he was going loony because of it. Not really hard to believe specially what he has gone through.

60f286c9gw1dph52if33fj.jpg

THE chemistry between Han Ga In and Kim So Hyun burned my screen. Goodness~! i saw the cap before i watched the whole episode and i already shrieked LOL.  Its not hard to imagine that they'll be having lots of babies lol

77e99298jw1dph5d4ktbgg.gif

I so cant wait to watch episode 8 again with subs! and of course for Wednesday to come quickly.ack!

Guest gilerkore

I wanted to be a silent reader till the end of the show, but so much negativity in this thread toward Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In made me crawl out from a lurker mode.

You guys say how much you love this show, but you don't show support to other actors/actresess apart from your favorite.

Kim Soo Hyun owns the show, there's no doubt about it. I admire him since Will it snow for Christmas day, I knew about him way before Dream high craze began. I had no doubt he would be superb as Hwon and he's not disappointing me. Though in some scenes he's maybe too forceful in using his deepen vice. But he's just like that. Even in DH, a teenage drama, he was way too serious and tragic sometimes. But all over I love him to bits. He's going to be one of the most respectable Korean actors in few years.

But as much as I love KSH I feel you guys are so unfair to JIW. He's equally talented and skilled actor, but you guys forget that he's a SECOND LEAD. Second leads usually don't lead the show, their roles is to support main leads. Before you start comparing him to KSH, have you realized that

1. KSH had approximately about 3 months to prepare for his role while JIW has about 3 weeks?

2. It's not just about their skills, but also how their characters are written. If their roles were reversed, would you still be rooting for KSH?

3. Also most importantly, KHS is a main lead. He has about 40 minutes of the screen time (of 70 min). While JIW has about 8-10 min of the screen time.

Is it really fair to compare? Second leads have more difficulty in winning viewers hearts because of a lack of screen time. JIW is definitely a main lead actor right now, but still he humbly accepted this role even though he knew he would have limited screen time to show off his talent. I'd say...at least he likes being challenged if nothing else. Were are all JIW fans? I thought he was popular right now. I'm honestly amazed that no one has defended the guy a little.

As for HGI, she's doing just fine considering it's her first sageuk drama. And she had about 2 weeks for preparations, for god's sake. It's not her fault they cast her with KSH whose acting is just on a different level.

OMG. THIS. I want to marry this post.

Thank YOU.

Seriously speaking, JIW did a fantastic job in emoting Yang Myung's character.

You want to see even more awesome acting chops from him, get him to play the king then.

We'll see which actor you guys will be rooting then.

@ fomhar

LOL, who said there aren't any Il Woo fans? I'm right here, posting to this thread since December 12th expressing my love for my precious prince Myung :D But I agree with you, he has limited screen time which upsets Il Woo fans quite a lot.

@ aroma83

Like lyra_brillantez I'd like to read those overpraising articles too. I'm confused too, because I read more about KHS being praised in this thread. Maybe you have that impression because ilwoo_aein is very active in posting every Il Woo/Moon&Sun related news. 

@ flowerboyramyunshop_FB

There's no doubt KSH is talented and can lead the show very well, but I feel so sad that our precious prince doesn't have enough time to show off his own acting skills.  And honestly writers are starting to... focus more and more on main leads (KHS and HGI) and they forget about others characters. Not only Yang Myung, but also Yeom,Seol, Minhwa and even Bo Kyung (who is soooo one dimensional, it's just ridiculous). Yang Myung as character is starting becoming kind of flat to me as well. The writers definitely developed his character more in first episodes!! I don't know if Korean viewers feel the same way too... He started this project right after FBRS without any rest, so it's going to seriously richard simmons me off if his character fall flat mad.gif

---------------------

Just finished OCKOALA's recap. Wow... she's kinda harsh to Ga In :/

Both guys are trying very hard, she’s just not connecting back. Especially with Kim Soo Hyun. When he does a scene with Han Ga In (when he’s not playing asleep), it’s like he’s dancing in circles around her while she stands still. 

---------------------

heeeee well just an opinion though.It does seem Ockoala have her trend of not so favorable actresses and Gain's one of them. I am grateful for her recaps but i find Dramabeans less harsh.

Guest *lyrynne*

I went to the bookstore today to buy the second book and omg there were a lot of people reading and purchasing the book! I swear the there were only 4 copies left!!

GOOD NEWS!

Translated version of the book will be published throughout Asia!!!!!!

I swear it gave me a heart attack! I will buy the translated version too!

fwk7yh.jpg

s4xnbc.jpg

I'm not sure when it will be published but I hope anytime soon!!!

No preview yet? I'm sooooooooooooooo impatient gahhhh~

Guest Greenrose934

I wanted to be a silent reader till the end of the show, but so much negativity in this thread toward Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In made me crawl out from a lurker mode.

You guys say how much you love this show, but you don't show support to other actors/actresess apart from your favorite.

Kim Soo Hyun owns the show, there's no doubt about it. I admire him since Will it snow for Christmas day, I knew about him way before Dream high craze began. I had no doubt he would be superb as Hwon and he's not disappointing me. Though in some scenes he's maybe too forceful in using his deepen vice. But he's just like that. Even in DH, a teenage drama, he was way too serious and tragic sometimes. But all over I love him to bits. He's going to be one of the most respectable Korean actors in few years.

But as much as I love KSH I feel you guys are so unfair to JIW. He's equally talented and skilled actor, but you guys forget that he's a SECOND LEAD. Second leads usually don't lead the show, their roles is to support main leads. Before you start comparing him to KSH, have you realized that

1. KSH had approximately about 3 months to prepare for his role while JIW has about 3 weeks?

2. It's not just about their skills, but also how their characters are written. If their roles were reversed, would you still be rooting for KSH?

3. Also most importantly, KHS is a main lead. He has about 40 minutes of the screen time (of 70 min). While JIW has about 8-10 min of the screen time.

Is it really fair to compare? Second leads have more difficulty in winning viewers hearts because of a lack of screen time. JIW is definitely a main lead actor right now, but still he humbly accepted this role even though he knew he would have limited screen time to show off his talent. I'd say...at least he likes being challenged if nothing else. Were are all JIW fans? I thought he was popular right now. I'm honestly amazed that no one has defended the guy a little.

As for HGI, she's doing just fine considering it's her first sageuk drama. And she had about 2 weeks for preparations, for god's sake. It's not her fault they cast her with KSH whose acting is just on a different level.

The Moon that Embraces the Sun

So ..... we will see the SUN & the MOON .... then KSH & HGI they are both main leaders... of course (He has about 40 minutes of the screen time ) but we still want more and more ... I do love both of them KSH & HGI

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

---------------------

oh after reading this i was like ...  ohmy.gif

because for me, the chemistry between KSH and HGI was a blast come episode 8 .biggrin.gif

from mbc nest

the cold weather is challenging the whole Production..

417935_176453969127342_152170751555664_239428_1788918511_n.jpg

so is this episode 9-10 maybe? because here's one of the clips from episode 7 BTS which was filmed january 20.wow. almost a live shoot then.

영상스케치120127 <---- Hwon and Eunuch are so cute together. biggrin.gif

by the way, Hwon's sarcasm here is deadly. ohmy.gif

398437_176438222462250_152170751555664_239401_1162832915_n.jpg

*lyrynne  TRANSLATED BOOK!!! OMO !!! Thanks for the info!

I went to the bookstore today to buy the second book and omg there were a lot of people reading and purchasing the book! I swear the there were only 4 copies left!!

GOOD NEWS!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

It's will be on English? I hope so, then I definitely buy one!!!

---------------------

Just an observation, she does have a trend of her not so favored actresses hehe i guess each of her own.I do appreciate her recaps but i find Dramabeans nicer.lol

92c219e0gw1dph7ojhowyj.jpg

^hehe DC peeps are just LOVE

Nok-young seals the deal with the addition of good news: An heir will soon be on its way, and she will take up her place at Seongsucheong for good, if the queen will have her back. The queen is satisfied, while Nok-young thinks to herself that the heir will not come from Bo-kyung.

"for good" means Yeon Woo will finally take her place as THE QUEEN?? hmmm damn this will be so exciting!

Il Woo in action! Love him as a kick richard simmons hero :) Brings back Iljimae memories... :) His high kick skills amaze me!

test.gif

Untitled-1-4.gif

And this scene between Minhwa and Yeom is so cuuuute... wish we could see more scenes between Yeom - Seol - Minhwa.

Untitled-3.gif

I'm still wondering if Janshil falls in love with Yang Myung...? 

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

Any Woon fans here?

I translated a small part of his from the book, cause my heart went all out to woon reading his parts, and his love for wol as well.

Here it is.

tl.gd/fiqko4

It shows how much Woon yearns for Wol, makes me so hurt. Don't know if they will show it in the show.

Hope they do, yet i hope they won't, since it will be so heartbreaking to see Woon in pain.

Can't wait for next wed, only 1 day has passed.

Any Woon fans here?

I translated a small part of his from the book, cause my heart went all out to woon reading his parts, and his love for wol as well.

Here it is.

tl.gd/fiqko4

It shows how much Woon yearns for Wol, makes me so hurt. Don't know if they will show it in the show.

Hope they do, yet i hope they won't, since it will be so heartbreaking to see Woon in pain.

Can't wait for next wed, only 1 day has passed.

Jeejoongstolemyheart you surely stole the hearts of everyone in this forum with your meaty spoilers! :w00t:

Kamsahamnida and please keep it going! We really wanted to read the novel but to no avail.

Can I have a request? Can you translate also the part when they runaway? kekkeke! :wub:

-------

COUNT ME IN!!! I wanna buy the book too! How long are we going to wait before it will be officially launched????

Guest wizengamot

GOOD NEWS!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

thanks. I'M EXCITED!!! I'LL BUY THE TRANSLATED VERSION NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE ME IF ITS ALREADY OUT...

NOW I'M INSPIRED TO DRAW... OMG HOPE I'LL FIND A GOOD MOONSUN PIC TO DRAW...