kim soo hyun is stil the most fascinating to watch so far though

young hwon is so evident in him

and just love the aura he has as the king

I know han ga in is being bashed by k netizens but she's ok for me atm

maybe give her more time and she will blend in as well

i guess theyre changing bits and pieces fromt he book here and there

but it's not too bad!

looking forward to tongiht's ep!!

aisling--first time posting on this thread.  Just wanted to say that I totally agree with you...anyone who has seen JIW in Return of Ilijimae knows he looks great in hanbok.  Although I like him here,  he looks much better with a flowing mane of glory.  I never found JIW "hot" or "sexy"  (he's pretty not handsome)--But when watching  ROI, which I saw at least 2 times, I found JIW's face breathtaking.  There were times that I literally could not stop watching his face.  

OTOH, he does have a face that can occasionally look awkward/funny when he makes goofy expressions.  His look also changes a little with the haircut.  I like him best with a bit of long hair/bangs.  So I hope he goes rugged later on in this drama and pulls out the mane of glory.

as for KSH--he looks boyish here but can also look pretty hot, as he did in a couple of his photoshoots.  He has great intensity in the eyes.  KSH looks great in hanbok and has transitioned to the saeguk drama exceptionally well.

taizhu

i agree he looked so good in iljimae

but i think maybe he needs some hair to cover his face

Guest weetziebat

MY BODY IS READY FOR EPISODE 8 :D

I just finished watching episode 7!!! I'm soooo dang happy that the scriptwriters didn't drag out the meeting between Wol and Yang Myung or Wol and Hwon. I thought I would be satisfied as long as I saw them together, but this episode only left me wanting for MOARRR!!! Darn that cliff hanger ending. I'm confused though. Why did the men that kidnapped Wol decide to choose HER specifically? Okay, I read Koala's recap, and I understand now.

Oh yeah, and I heard that in the novel, Yeom (Yeon Woo's older brother) actually harbors a deep love for Seol. I think this love line will also develop in this drama since I remember little Seol having a secret crush on Yeom in the early episodes. I can't wait to see this love line develop, since the last time Yeom saw Seol, she was like a little sister. I'm excited to see how this calm, serene man will be intrigued and then moved by Seol. I hope she gets a lot of kickass scenes.

And while I'm excited for that, I also feel sorry Princess Minhwa. She's so adorable. Maybe she'll get together with Woon or something, lol. However, though Minhwa as a child was impetuous, spoiled, yet endearing, as an adult, she's coming off as a bit simple, if you know what I mean. Nam Bora is very pretty, but her inability to act seriously will be her biggest obstacle in becoming a better actor.

Kim Soo Hyun is JUST PURE PERFECTION. I was a MAJOR fan ever since I saw him in Will it Snow for Christmas.

Jung Il Woo is a bit disappointing. I have just been too won over by Lee Min Ho's portrayal of warmth, sweetness, and sadness. I'm still excited to see more scenes between him and Wol, though.

Han Ga In was alright, neither amazing nor disappointing. I guess I was satisfied since, for some reason, I have always been partial to her. It may sound really shallow of me, but she's soooo pretty, lol.

Bokyung is doing alright, in that she's fun to hate. But one thing that annoys me is that I still can't fathom why she supposedly likes him so much. A little more back story between them would have helped.

Guest ginny_potter

wow ! if you don't mind, ill include this in our blogroll in the sunNMoon tumblr. i have been consolidating all reviews and recaps for this drama. worth keeping !! hope to see your reviews until the end .. :D

Cutting your post but yes, please do. That would be no problem at all. It would be great to share my thoughts with fellow MoonSun fans. I just decided to place it all in my blog to be able to track it better. :) Crossing my fingers that I'd really get to finish this until the last episode. Hehe!

Guest gilerkore

I've watched ep 8 preview and the first scene was heart stopping. Really, JIW and his fingers can make me feel shortness of breath. Lol.

And I feel like Han Ga In with JIW somehow have better chemistry. No, I'm not biased.

But at the moment Yeon Woo/Wol & Hwon give off this 'dark' vibe.

If you know what I mean..

When they were young, they were adorable to boot.

Sigh.

In Ep 6, BK got her first skinship with Hwon. He basically sort of hugged her. We could see that BK longing for that. Only that Hwon didn't share the same feelings. 

And in Ep 8 tonite, YM will have his fingers around Wol, but I bet the feelings will be the same. Since Wol's and Hwon's hearts are very much tied to each other not only by LOVE, but also by FATE. 

So, we can expect greater chemistry when the fateful Sun & Moon share their touch. Heh. Believe me. It's. Gonna. Be. EPIC wub.gif

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

Bokyung is doing alright, in that she's fun to hate. But one thing that annoys me is that I still can't fathom why she supposedly likes him so much. A little more back story between them would have helped.

This is purely my observation but i have seen no indication that Bokyung like Hwon romantically.

Yes, she want his heart as well, but to me, it is only because it's part of the package (of her being the Queen), she feel justify that she should also have his heart.That does not mean that she necessarily in love with him. As you said, there is no reason for her to be. Unless, she just like him because he's an A-hole to her and she has a masochistic streak.As she said a couple times, Yeonwoo is dead and she 'belong' here (her position as Queen). That means, she want whatever YeonWoo had with Hwon because she feel "it" belong to her.

I don't think she even know the feeling of love. She's queen because her father programmed her to desire that. I actually pity her in an ironic way. She's evil just because she doesn't know otherwise. She want things that she think she 'suppose' to have. Her desire is, in a sense, not even real because it doesn't really come from her. It's not like her dad sit her down with a pep talk about dreaming to become a great person some day. She is, every sense, only her dad's tool to power. But I'm not saying her hand is clean or that she is not responsible for her actions. I just find that her character is rather 2-dimensional and could have developed more. But too much complexity doesnt make for good entertainment to some, so they rather keep her in a simple cut-out antagonist wayt. She is just because she is.

P.S Hi~ sorry i'm new here. just couldnt help myself. Not much of a poster before but this drama have me hooked and i'm on board

The Moon that Embraces the Sun Inches Closer to Exceed 30% Ratings

Other than maintaining the record of getting its own highest ratings on every new episode, MBC Wednesday and Thursday drama The Moon that Embraces the Sun is also about to break the 30% viewership ratings barrier.

According to AGB Nielson media research company, the episode 7 of The Moon that Embraces the Sun broadcast on January 25th, 2012 achieved the rating of 29.7% to rank the first in ratings nationally.

The rating is 0.4% higher than rating of the broadcast on January 19th, 2012, maintaining the record that the drama is breaking its own highest ratings record on every new episode aired since the drama started its broadcast, and exceeding the 30% mark is right under the nose.

In the episode 7 broadcast on January 25th, 2012, Han Ga In becomes the shaman Wol who lost her memory. Her official debut attracted attention. The story tells about both persons falls into deep confusion after Wol encounters Lee Hwon by chance on a royal passage, and again when Lee Hwon goes out temporarily.

At the same time slot, KBS2′s Wild Romance rated 6.2%, while SBS’s Please Take Care of Us, Captain rated 7.1%.

via Joynews24

credit: asian-drama

"The Sun and The Moon" Jeong Il-woo, "Yeon-woo is dead"

Kim Soo-hyeon-I lowered his head at Jeong Il-woo's thought.

Lee Hwon (Kim Soo-hyeon-I) listened to what Yang Myeong-gun (Jeong Il-woo) had to say about the deceased Yeon-woo on the latest episode of MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon", aired on January 25th.

Lee Won and Yang Myeong-gun hugged and caught up with each other for a long time. While enjoying drinks, Lee Hwon suddenly said, "Do you still think about that child?" Yang Myeong-gun answered, "Even though I still do, she is dead. It's only a person's choice to call her forgotten, if I put my mind to it she isn't. I think of her as non-existent in this world now". Hearing his serene confession Lee Won bitterly repeated his words, "Non-existent in this world".

The reason Lee Hwon suddenly asked about Yeon-woo was because while he was traveling in disguise, he ran into someone looking like Yeon-woo, who had lot her same memories. She was a nameless shaman but he couldn't help but be surprised at how she spoke and looked like the dead Yeon-woo.

As a show of appreciation for the shaman who helped him find the road in the dark night, he gave her a name, Wol.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120126n02058( Korean )

credit:HanCinema

DRAMABEANS RECAP for EPISODE 7 is OUT: The Sun & The Moon DRAMABEANS EPISODE 7 RECAP

Official pic update for Yang Myun Gun :)

sunnmoonphoto1201261134.jpg

We can see Iljimae again this time? :D

sunnmoonphoto1201261148.jpg

Falling in love with the grown up Hwon. So beautiful to see how much he is longing for Yeon Woo. Whether it be him imagining Yeon Woo in the forest or desperately hoping that Wol was Yeon Woo. You can totally feel his desire for it to be true. Even after all these years, his heart really only belongs to Yeon Woo even if she is meant to be not of this world.

I totally cracked up at the bath scene. A little disappointed that he was fully dressed.(1Crazynyt, was thinking of you) Seriously could of gave us some fan service with some skin but that's okay. Loved the comical bromance undertone between Woon and Hwon. Such a prankster. The old Hwon is still in there!!

Poor Yang Myung. Always a step too late. Even if Yeon Woo never regains her memory, she would have still fallen for Hwon.

As for Bo Kyung I think she is permanently just a rotten amulet that poses a major health risk to our Hwon the Hottie! They should definitely never ever have any romantic encounters or she will literally kill him off. As for our wonderful Wol, can't wait till she acts as an amulet. Hwon did tell her that she was the Moon that embraces the Sun. Just because she can't remember doesn't change who she is. Her aura of the Moon follows her no matter what.

ERPJ Thanks for the awesome pics. He is so cute!!! But then again he even looked good in a potato sack in DH right?? Can't recall exactly what he was wearing but it wasn't anything like what he is wearing in this pic.

does anyone have the download link to the drama's chinese subbed episode?Been looking everywhere! :sweatingbullets:

hoping han ga in makes a good impression today,just like the male leads :) im loving the pace of the drama,tho i can understand since they don have time to waste.its on ly 20 episodes!

I have nothing to post everything is already posted here.. and im not good in talking especially in writting too lazy to write to be exact..hahahaha..

Well from last night episode I can say nothing. I dont see any mistakes yet, but then in acting they are all good but why other viewers criticizing them??? especially Han Ga In acting skills??

Watch this and listen...

Han Ga In Acting skills controvercy

this just a short trans using google.

Flay Viewers of [the media of news] Han Ga actor has received severe criticism from the viewers: the 25th broadcast MBC drama seven episode two of the adult Kim Soo-hyun and Han Ga-in The fateful reunion neundeyo drawn appearance. But in this scene 'concealment of Han Ga-in was carrying that emotion "leads the viewer's plain are viewers after the broadcast TV on board, "Han Ga-in the smoke of disappointing," "drama The challenge seems to be nervous as much as "has shown that such reactions.

^

hmm i thought there was negativity but not enough to make it into the news..downside of being in such a high profile drama i suppose.i'm kinda sad because though first impressions are always strong,people should have at least waited for a few more episodes to make it into such a big deal.Heard korean sites are also voicing out strong complaints.looking at it from another angle its because the young cast were purely amazing and had set a certain standard,same with the two male leads.I understand there can be disappointment but i'm still hopeful for HGI.

lets just not let it ruin the fun from watching the drama's episode tonight.

positivity :wub:

Guest *lyrynne*

^I read the whole article last night after the show and some netizens are disappointed with HanGain's portrayal. They think that she didn't study her role well, that she's lacking depth that it became a problem for her to connect to the audience. Some said that maybe she's nervous because it's her first time acting in a sageuk drama. Aren't they being too harsh? I mean, HanGaIn did well in last night's episode! Give her a chance! Gahhh~ ㅠㅠ Am I the only one being sensitive about this? ㅋㅋㅋ