[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

All I can say is when Hwon

says to Wol about his feelings for Yeon Woo that "he liked her very very much", I hope those words will be some sort of trigger to get this amnesia flash back torture to come to an END once and for all.

I am glad that Hwon is slowly opening up to Wol but I am sort of torn between whether I want Hwon to fall in love with Wol or keep his love for Yeon Woo intact. Yes it is the same person but in Hwon's mind he has to let go of his love for Yeon Woo to love another and accept Wol into his heart. Just like Wol said to Yang Myung, he has to empty part of his heart to let someone new in. I just don't know if I want Hwon to let go of his love for Yeon Woo. I think maybe I am being totally selfish but I want his love for Yeon Woo to remain true. Yeon Woo was given the hairpin with the significance of The Moon Embracing The Sun. It was a promise he made to Yeon Woo that from that moment on, he is giving all of himself to her and in his heart there will only be one True Queen and True Love. This will and always be Yeon Woo and her alone.

Some of us might be completely okay with it because we as a viewer know that she is Yeon Woo. But for me I would at least want Hwon to know without a doubt that Wol is Yeon Woo before he gives his heart to her. I want him to recognize her first (just like what he said when he was visiting Yeon Woo at her place before she passed "it doesn't matter as long as I recognize you")I think this will tie very nicely in trying to help Wol regain her memory and have Wol/Yeon Woo fall in love with him all over again. That just seems easier for me to accept since it keeps it consistent that Hwon was always true to Yeon Woo.

I know I am being a total CHEESEBALL. KEKEKE!! :D

Overall, I think this episode will be another emotional roller coaster for our threesome. Hwon, Wol and YangMyung. Tears of Joy and Sorrow. Better brace myself.

Guest sweetann

I love the scene in the preview where Wol is crying in front of Hwon... Tears streaming down her cheeks but she doesn't make a sound... Wow that is heartache right there!!! Great acting from HGI!!

Another meaningless conversation sweatingbullets.gif (Maybe rated 15?)

Date :: 8th Feb 2012

Time :: Lunch Hour

Venue :: Office Cubicle

Communication Method :: Microsoft Communicator

Subject :: Persuading Stone Guy 

Me :: Did you have your lunch?

Hubby :: Yerp. With A & B. Just got back from cafe. Did you?

Me :: Eating here. Got board meeting at 2pm. Had to skip lunch.

Me :: Did you watch the preview MoonSun Ep 11 I emailed to you this morning ?

Hubby :: I did. Very pretty scenery. Han Ga In is a sweetheart. Seems like he's confessing ? 

Me :: Watch with me tonight?

Hubby :: Nay. I better stick to my reading. I'm a stone guy anyway.

Me :: Awww. You really took it seriously ? Don't tell me you're sulking now?

Hubby :: What ? A guy cannot have a broken heart?

Me :: OK, according to my Soompi friends, there is a 50-50 chance of kissing happening tonight. I need someone to hug in case the kissing happen and someone to hit if the kissing didn't happen. And you said I'm a pillow-abusive-monster. I'm trying to save another pillow here.

Hubby :: Fine. I'll watch. But I'm bringing my book along. And I get to say Han Ga In is beautiful more than twice.

Me :: Deal! 

Hubby :: See you at 5.30pm. Lobby. Traffic is crazy after 6.

Dear gorgeous people, can we please have a kiss tonight?  wub.gif

Another meaningless conversation *quoted image* (Maybe rated 15?)

Hubby :: I did. Very pretty scenery. Han Ga In is a sweetheart. Seems like he's confessing ? 

Me :: OK, according to my Soompi friends, there is a 50-50 chance of kissing happening tonight. I need someone to hug in case the kissing happen and someone to hit if the kissing didn't happen. And you said I'm a pillow-abusive-monster. I'm trying to save another pillow here.

Hubby :: Fine. I'll watch. But I'm bringing my book along. And I get to say Han Ga In is beautiful more than twice.

Dear gorgeous people, can we please have a kiss tonight?  *quoted image*

you guys are romantic waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaa

*quoted image* Or if he's disappointed that so many of those "steamy scenes" from the book won't be included. I wonder if when they filmed the running-away scene last week if he was thinking "okay, now in the book we hide and then kiss - a tongue kiss, right?"  *quoted image*

*quoted image* We all need to take ice cold showers. 

you bad..bad...naughty person.. and I love it!! hahahaha...

oohh..btw, don't worry..we're not the only noona who need to take ice cold showers...i hv bunch friends (halmoni) ..they're crazy with KSH, ready and willing to do botox injection or plastic surgery for him ...LOL

*quoted image* Or if he's disappointed that so many of those "steamy scenes" from the book won't be included. I wonder if when they filmed the running-away scene last week if he was thinking "okay, now in the book we hide and then kiss - a tongue kiss, right?"  *quoted image*

HAHAH I have a feeling our principal is going to come and punish us soon sweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gif

Another meaningless conversation *quoted image* (Maybe rated 15?)

Dear gorgeous people, can we please have a kiss tonight?  *quoted image*

Your husband is so awesome!!! :D

Poor Hwonnie, feeling so torn between YW and Wol because they are the same person but he doesn't know it. SHOW! Hurry reveal that Wol is YW and let Wol have a memories back! Throw is a "romantic" scene too kekeke :wub: :wub:

I wonder what the scene with the snowman is about!

Annyeong MoonSun chingus :)

I have fun everyday coming in here to read all of your comments and postings. Thanks for the translations, pics and preview vid.

Cant wait for tonite to read what you guys going to share here about episode 11. Not going to watch streaming LIVE cos internet connection is slow. Prefer to read the happenings from you chingus :).

Actually this is my first time watching Kim Soo Hyun in action. I didnt watch Dream High 1 cos I dont wanna watch how Taec acting falling in love with Suzy and off-screen, his closeness with T-ara - Eunjung. hehehehehhe

But its not too late for me to know this fine good looking smexy young actor, Kim Soo Hyun, in this drama. I know Han Ga In since her earlier drama "Rookie" with Eric. Shes a beautiful lady with no plastic surgery.

In the preview for episode 11, I like the last part, the way Hwon spoke to Wol about his "very much like" for Yeonwoo. I would prefer that "very much like" is for Wol.

Kim Seon-ah: ""The Sun and the Moon" is everywhere"

Kim Seon-ah showed how big a fan she is of the drama "The Sun and the Moon".

She posted on her Me Today homepage, "Although the sun and the moon can't be in the sky at the same time, they can be reflected in a pond. Did you ask to be forgotten? Do you wish to be? I am sorry that although though I tried to forget you, it cannot be done. It's so awesome. When the moon is up we sleep and when we wake up the sun is there. I wish for a warm sun tomorrow".

She then continued, "Shut that mouth, because I don't want to see it. Stand around for the time being. Everywhere I go it's about the sun and the moon".

Kim Seon-ah revealed that she is a fanatic of the current MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" and she repeated the highlights of the drama. Last week's episodes of "The Sun and the Moon" took in 40% of viewers and is becoming the national drama of the season.

Those who have read Kim Seon-ah's "The Sun and the Moon" say, "You watch it too? Me too! I don't know anyone who doesn't!", "You should act in a historical drama like "The Sun and the Moon" too!", "You noted the highlight-worthy lines, I will be waiting for your next project" and more.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120208n08440?mid=e0101 ( Korean )

Credit: HanCinema

EDIT

Omo! Even top actress like Kim Seon Ah become fan of "The Moon Embracing The Sun"..This drama is really popular in Korea right now ^_^

Kim Seon-ah: ""The Sun and the Moon" is everywhere"

Kim Seon-ah showed how big a fan she is of the drama "The Sun and the Moon".

She posted on her Me Today homepage, "Although the sun and the moon can't be in the sky at the same time, they can be reflected in a pond. Did you ask to be forgotten? Do you wish to be? I am sorry that although though I tried to forget you, it cannot be done. It's so awesome. When the moon is up we sleep and when we wake up the sun is there. I wish for a warm sun tomorrow".

She then continued, "Shut that mouth, because I don't want to see it. Stand around for the time being. Everywhere I go it's about the sun and the moon".

Kim Seon-ah revealed that she is a fanatic of the current MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" and she repeated the highlights of the drama. Last week's episodes of "The Sun and the Moon" took in 40% of viewers and is becoming the national drama of the season.

Those who have read Kim Seon-ah's "The Sun and the Moon" say, "You watch it too? Me too! I don't know anyone who doesn't!", "You should act in a historical drama like "The Sun and the Moon" too!", "You noted the highlight-worthy lines, I will be waiting for your next project" and more.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120208n08440?mid=e0101 ( Korean )

Credit: HanCinema

Omo! Even big actress like Kim Seon Ah become fan of "The Moon Embracing The Sun"..This drama is really popular in Korea right now ^_^

This project is really worth all the hype!!!! I've been always wondering before why drama ratings are so low nowadays compared years ago. If the drama achieved at least 15% now, it means that it is already a hit! After seeing MoonSun achieving as high as almost 40% I start to realize that the ratings are low because people don't watch or not interested to watch the drama and prefer to sleep or do some other chores that watching tv as late as 10pm. Imagine those people beginning to regain interest in the drama and sacrificing their much needed rest because of MoonSun is something to be proud of! :D

BTW, LDW must be jealous right now because KSA is following TMETS.. hehhehe!

6 more hours to go! :wub:

Guest rintintintin

My brother is watching Moon Sun and I told him that watch it from the very start then when his boss is out, he sneaks out in the computer to watch Moon sun hahahaha!!! I can't imagine if Kim Soo hyun is not in that drama too.... A lot of people are watching that drama later. :D

Jung Il Woo Plays Sword – Snow Seems to Be Severed

Prince Yang Myung (played by Jung Il Woo) is showing his hidden sword skill in MBC TV Wednesday and Thursday drama series The Moon that Embraces the Sun, staging Yang Myung plays to his strength to point the sword to Woon.

On February 7th, 2012, the agency of Jung Il Woo published photo of Jung Il Woo in long hanbok robe and looking at the camera. The photo captured the moment of Yang Myung is unscrupulously pointing his sword at imperial guard of the King, Woon (played by Song Jae Rim), showing a leadership charisma.

In the photo, the sharp eyes’ expression of Jung Il Woo holds the sword on his hand, and just blending together with the floating snow in the sky.

20120207085819431851.jpg

The action of Jung Il Woo lets people think of previous drama of Jung Il Woo, The Return of Iljimae, who looked glamorous when playing sword, instantly catching the attention of the crews on the set.

Netizens who saw the photos said, “What’s happened between Yang Myung and Woon, so scary!” “Be safe Yang Myung, good fit holding the sword,” “Are him rescuing Yeon Woo?” “Like a picture,” “Yeah, looks very like when time in The Return of Iljimae, long time no see,” and so on.

On the other hand, the future development of Yeon Woo, Hwon and Yang Myung is under the spotlight.

via Chosun

Credit: asian-drama

thank you all moonsunners for all the updates and news !i love how everyone's fantasizing the kiss,pdnim 3 at the least ,or i guarantee the consequences will be unbearable :lol:

hoping Wol finally realizes that those were her own memories soon,and the realization that there was a plot to kill her!Excited to see how HGI will play it out...anger and anguish?Theres still time for her to add on a lil dynamic to her character.

And we need to show some love for kim min seo ,i might not like her role in the drama but she is indeed a good actress!

Counting down, few more hours to go for the airing of the episode!! :wub:

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

Chrysanthemum Tea Kiss from Novel

"내가 마시라고 하였다. 거역하는 것이냐?"

"I told you to drink it. Do you remember?"

이곳은 단둘이라는 주술이 범접할 수 없는 공간이었다.

그렇기에 월은 왕의 엄포에도 불구하고 액받이 무녀의 모습에서

벗어나지 않았다.

This room was a place where the magic of being alone together could not exist. (Not sure about this part)

In spite of the King's strict instructions, Wol could not deviate herself from the appearance of a powerless shaman.

"그렇다면 별수 없구나."

"Then i have no choice."

훤이 체념한듯 차를 들이켰다. 그리고 입안에 머금은 채로 월의 입술에 겹쳤다.

따듯한 차는 훤의 입에서 더욱 따뜻해져서 월의 입으로 흘러들어 갔다.

차를 삼킨 걸 확인한 훤이 입술을 떼어 냈다. 월의 얼굴에 표정이 나타나 있었다.

그것은 끝을 알 수 없을 만큼 깊은 슬픔이었다. 훤이 다시금 눈앞에 사발을 들이밀었다.

Hwon starts drinking the tea. He puts his lips on Wol's lips with the warm tea inside.

The warm tea flowed into Wol's mouth from Hwon's, getting warmer as it flowed.

After Hwon confirmed that she swallowed the tea he took his lips off. Wol had a expression on her face.

It was a deep sadness that had no end. Hwon had pushed the tea cup to her again.

"네 손으로 사발을 들어 마시겠는냐, 아니면 또다시 내 입술을 사발로 삼겠느냐?"

"Do you want to drink the tea yourself or do you want to drink it using my lips as a cup, again? "

월이 손을 뻗어 사발을 받았다.

Wol stretched her arms and took the cup.

I hope this scene is included in the drama. I really want to see this between Hwon and Wol!

tumblr_lz2dt1cCoi1r82xs0o1_500.jpg

wow, because of that i started to become curious about the flower.  i made a post via tumblr:

Trivia: Chrysanthemum

Hwon's favorite flower, according to Yang Myung , is the chrysanthemum. 

Later on, Yeon Woo sent Hwon a potted plant. Hwon was ambiguous then branded it as lettuce plant even. But we all know what it is, right? 

At the course of the novel, a chrysanthemum tea kiss took place. 

But what does the flower symbolize ?

A red chrysanthemum means I love you.

A white one stands for truth.

And a yellow chrysanthemum means love “is not returned”.

This flower also symbolizes "hope for the future."

The word chrysanthemum comes from the Greek words “chrysos” (which means gold) and “anthos” (which means flower).

This flower is native to the Far East.

The chrysanthemum’s flowers resemble powder puffs growing in the fields. They bloom naturally in the fall of the year but horticulturists of today can force them to bloom year-round by using artificial lighting and greenhouses.

Daisy-like with a typically yellow center and a decorative pompon, chrysanthemums symbolize optimism and joy.. In Japan, there’s even a “Festival of Happiness” to celebrate this flower each year.

A symbol of the sun, the Japanese consider the orderly unfolding of the chrysanthemum’s petals to represent perfection, and Confucius once suggested they be used as an object of meditation. It’s said that a single petal of this celebrated flower placed at the bottom of a wine glass will encourage a long and healthy life.

i wonder what is the outcome of the plant given by Yeon Woo. could be a yellow chrysanthemum ..:D

Guest CaroleL

And we need to show some love for kim min seo ,i might not like her role in the drama but she is indeed a good actress!

Yes, she is very good actress. She is able to demonstrate the wide range of emotions so far.

Thank goodness they gave the role to KSH. The scene where Hwon was whispering to the Queen's ear about what he said on their wedding day was so damn sensual sweatingbullets.gif:unsure:sweatingbullets.gif

Chrysanthemum Tea Kiss from Novel

"내가 마시라고 하였다. 거역하는 것이냐?"

"I told you to drink it. Do you remember?"

이곳은 단둘이라는 주술이 범접할 수 없는 공간이었다.

그렇기에 월은 왕의 엄포에도 불구하고 액받이 무녀의 모습에서

벗어나지 않았다.

This room was a place where the magic of being alone together could not exist. (Not sure about this part)

In spite of the King's strict instructions, Wol could not deviate herself from the appearance of a powerless shaman.

"그렇다면 별수 없구나."

"Then i have no choice."

훤이 체념한듯 차를 들이켰다. 그리고 입안에 머금은 채로 월의 입술에 겹쳤다.

따듯한 차는 훤의 입에서 더욱 따뜻해져서 월의 입으로 흘러들어 갔다.

차를 삼킨 걸 확인한 훤이 입술을 떼어 냈다. 월의 얼굴에 표정이 나타나 있었다.

그것은 끝을 알 수 없을 만큼 깊은 슬픔이었다. 훤이 다시금 눈앞에 사발을 들이밀었다.

Hwon starts drinking the tea. He puts his lips on Wol's lips with the warm tea inside.

The warm tea flowed into Wol's mouth from Hwon's, getting warmer as it flowed.

After Hwon confirmed that she swallowed the tea he took his lips off. Wol had a expression on her face.

It was a deep sadness that had no end. Hwon had pushed the tea cup to her again.

"네 손으로 사발을 들어 마시겠는냐, 아니면 또다시 내 입술을 사발로 삼겠느냐?"

"Do you want to drink the tea yourself or do you want to drink it using my lips as a cup, again? "

월이 손을 뻗어 사발을 받았다.

Wol stretched her arms and took the cup.

I hope this scene is included in the drama. I really want to see this between Hwon and Wol!

Hahaha, love it...but i think they have to ask first a permission to "Mr. Vampire the Prosecutor"....a lip-lock is i think the only allowed but a steamy scene using his lips to let her drink the tea!!!! is so much to imagine. That is why i think she better grab the cup or else!!!!

4 more hours to wait...oh what an agony!!!

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

The Moon that Embraces the Sun Episodes 1 to 10 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

theMoonThatEmbracesTheSun.jpg

The Moon that Embraces the Sun 1-10 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about 

FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

LMAOOOOOOOO KIM SO HYUN does that to us righ?? oh lordy open mouth kiss??? seems impossible for a saeguk but we'll see hihihi

I loved reading the "tea kiss" i hope they include that but wont the drama get skinned by TV authorities for being vulgar?lol...