[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest Megamissy

I had a question:

If they find out YW is still alive, what will they do? I mean Hwon? Can he divorce BK? and marry YW?? Or is it forbidden???

According to the novel BK committed suicide.

that's why when yeom don't want his sister to become join the selection of crown princess... because he afraid she won't be chosen...

Rather the reverse. He knew that if she were a candidate, and if the selection process was fair, which it is, precisely because of Hwon's intervention with his father, inspired by Yeom's teaching about the need to put the needs of the nation before the traditions of protocol, then she would most certainly be chosen. And that was the fate he wanted to save her from above all else (as did her mother, and, to a lesser extent, her father). But he can't save her from it, precisely because it is indeed her fate, in every sense of the word.

Rather the reverse. He knew that if she were a candidate, and if the selection process was fair, which it is, precisely because of Hwon's intervention with his father, inspired by Yeom's teaching about the need to put the needs of the nation before the traditions of protocol, then she would most certainly be chosen. And that was the fate he wanted to save her from above all else (as did her mother, and, to a lesser extent, her father). But he can't save her from it, precisely because it is indeed her fate, in every sense of the word.

thanks for that!!! w00t.gif w00t.gif i guess i misunderstood a bit... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Everyone providing recaps and translations, thank you very much!

I was actually a bit surprised that Hwon would forget YW's writing because he loved her so much. But now that I think about it, it's precisely because he loves her that he pushes the thoughts of YE's death away and rather not see or remember anything which remiss him of all the pain and guilt. I wonder what happened to the lettuce...

Can some one be kind enough to explain how Woon got the letter? He couldn't have randomly gone to Wol's quarters to search on his own...did I miss something? And Woon, you're such a tease! Siding with Wol when you're usually poker faced hahaha!! There's more to you than meets the eye. I wonder if he suspected anything from the jade beads he found at her old home.

I have another question: why is Hwon's mother not from the Yoon family? It seems that a Yoon heir is very important to the grandma so I wonder how Hwon's mum became queen at that time.

Anyone with spoilers for next week? Like from the novel or something? I need at least something to imagine about or I'll go nuts from the wait. Somebody plsssssass!!!!!! :D

Thank u all for answering my question :) I guess its not a problem for Hwon, if only he finds YW then everything is allright...Stupid MY why did he have to come at that time?? But I think he will offer himself for his brother and YW to be able together and this is why he will die in the end///So sad :(

The buttons  are for playing one type of  traditional korean chess (forgotten the name) is for 2 players therefore you need 2 type of colour button.Woon also pick up one button from the cottage when Hwon asked Woon to look for Wol in the ep 7 or 8.

When Yeom open the box with the button in upper drawer and lower drawer the letter, if i am not wrong the top of the box is for playing korean chess with  square marking.

Thank you so much.

Omg...! Kim soo Hyun could melt the polar ice caps with those eyes. His stolen glances were just so amazing as well as his unshed tears as he tries to confront wol of her identity and especially the way he held her...! If they were to kiss, I think they wound spontaneously combust..!

And when he cried, I swear I think I felt physical pain for him...!

Everyone I this episode was superb...!

Daebak...!

Wonder how the rating came for this episode...!

Guest joinsung4ever

Can some one be kind enough to explain how Woon got the letter? He couldn't have randomly gone to Wol's quarters to search on his own...did I miss something?

I have not watch this episode yet, but I remember from yesterday ep that Yeom found the letter. Probably he is the one who give the letter to Woon. His intention is of course that Woon will pass it to Hwon.

Guest MR. LEE'S

just recently watched this and man, this drama is good. i can't wait for it to end so that i won't have to wait for the upcoming episodes. -___- that's why i reaaallly hate watching on-going dramas. i think i'm gonna kill myself now. kim soohyun is so freaking hot being a king. for real. i like him now. i used to dislike him on dream high. this drama is so good. i don't know what to expect. ahh. and the young actors are so good. especially the young yeonwoo. she's so pretty!

Guest CaroleL

I have not watch this episode yet, but I remember from yesterday ep that Yeom found the letter. Probably he is the one who give the letter to Woon. His intention is of course that Woon will pass it to Hwon.

When Woon was outside the room ( where Hwon and Wol was in ) a guard gave it to him. Probably found on Wol during body search before Wol is brought to the King.

The other letter ( written by YW before she "died" ) was the one Yeom found which he personally gave to Hwon.

Can some one be kind enough to explain how Woon got the letter? He couldn't have randomly gone to Wol's quarters to search on his own...did I miss something? And Woon, you're such a tease! Siding with Wol when you're usually poker faced hahaha!! There's more to you than meets the eye. I wonder if he suspected anything from the jade beads he found at her old home.

You mean the 'new' apology letter? :) Yes you missed something.

http://youtu.be/M0bAkR-MChw Check this... at around 3:29

Woon goes out of the King's chambers then sees a guard standing there. The guard says he was ordered to stand by there. Woon saw the letter in the guard's hand so he asked what it was. The guard said Wol brought it and she might give it to the King... so they took the letter. Then Woon took the letter and gave it to Hwon. HTH.

Check the recaps, usually the answers are there... softy, jaejoongstolemyheart recap them :D

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

Yeon Woo’s Posthumous Letter to Lee Hwon English Translation

In episode 10 of The Moon that Embraces the Sunbroadcast on February 2nd, 2012, Heo Yeom (Song Jae Hee) passes the letter which wrote by Heo Yeon Woo (Kim Yoo Jung) before her death to the king Lee Hwon (Kim Soo Hyun).

When Lee Hwon heart-brokenly read the Yeon Woo’s letter, he ultimately discovers that writing style of characters on the note of apology wrote by Wol (Han Ga In) to him is similar to the writing style of characters on Yeon Woo’s letter.

Yeon Woo’s letter is written in Hanja. Here’s the translation of the content of the letter which was written by Heo Yeon Woo right before her ‘perceived’ death:

Your Majesty, I exhausted all my strength to write this last letter for you, may be you can see it, or may be you won’t see it, just let it stay here, it doesn’t matter. After writing this letter, father will bring over the drug, and I afraid that I will part with Your Majesty in this life. Originally I thought I would never see Your Majesty before leaving the palace, but able to meet you for one last time is already my greatest happiness. Please do not blame yourself, the thing between Your Majesty and me, is enough for me to recall this whole life. Please forget me, I will use my remaining days of life to pray everyday, praying that Your Majesty is healthy, eternal peace, everlasting imperial king.

sunnmoon-yeon-woo-letter-600x450.jpg

asiandrama

I really loved the whole Go/Baduk chess plotpoint in today's episode! I must say, I never realized the whole significance of Yeonwoo leaving her letter in her chess box until today, when Yeom flashbacks to what Yeonwoo had told him previously - that Yeom had taught her in Baduk that once you place the Baduk stone down, you cannot take back the move (일수불퇴/一手不退). Like how she can't take back her feelings for Hwon. Really loved the whole significance of Yeonwoo putting her letter to Hwon in the Baduk box. (Even though the letter contents were really heartbreaking...)

Guest CaroleL

I really loved the whole Go/Baduk chess plotpoint in today's episode! I must say, I never realized the whole significance of Yeonwoo leaving her letter in her chess box until today, when Yeom flashbacks to what Yeonwoo had told him previously - that Yeom had taught her in Baduk that once you place the Baduk stone down, you cannot take back the move (일수불퇴/一手不退). Like how she can't take back her feelings for Hwon. Really loved the whole significance of Yeonwoo putting her letter to Hwon in the Baduk box. (Even though the letter contents were really heartbreaking...)

Yes, I really love this significance as well. For those unfamiliar with Go or Baduk, it is called Weiqi in Chinese. In fact it originates from China some 2000 years ago.

Kim Soo Hyun's acting in Ep 10 was really par excellence. He has improves tremendously since acting in Giant where he played elder brother to Yeo Jin Goo. Jin Goo was already fantastic then. Both played younger suffering versions of the main leads.

For those that read the novel i would really like to know if Hwon will ever consummate his marriage to BK now that the date is near?? I think he will come up with something to avoid the date but what excuse will he use, will it be enough to prevent the nightmare from happening?? Just the idea of him and BK being together makes me shudder...

okay, Yang Myung have the ill-fated ending in the book, and if the PD won't deviate, he will die in the end..

but this OTP doesn't hurt. i want a decent ending of him.  :(

*quoted image*

What time now .. ~sigh 2;00am in the morning and I'm keep refreshing and reading all the comment posted tonight.

What an intriguing episode. I love it badly. I wonder what Jansil told Yang Myung. Did she told him like "I know wol and where is she is ..." OR did she include with .... " ..... Wol is Yeon Woo .. she did not remember herself or any her past .." ..

both are telling who is Wol but the outcome would be totally different ...

~sigh again ... 40% of me do not want to know what was in the book .. just watch the drama version and enjoy it ..

but the other 60% of me .. really really wanna know what was in the book .. but it's very limit information in english .. thanks to soulmate in this thread who keep updating and posting summary, translation of the books .. fill up my hunger ... thank you ..

off too bad .. unless i keep dreaming the next episode ..  .. ^^

edit: Anyone noticed the baduk stone at Yeon-Woo was same colors with the one Woon found at Wol's house (during their first meet)

could it already a hint and actually Woon sense something about Wol too ..??

amamoonembracessune0712.jpg

You mean the 'new' apology letter? :) Yes you missed something.

http://youtu.be/M0bAkR-MChw Check this... at around 3:29

Woon goes out of the King's chambers then sees a guard standing there. The guard says he was ordered to stand by there. Woon saw the letter in the guard's hand so he asked what it was. The guard said Wol brought it and she might give it to the King... so they took the letter. Then Woon took the letter and gave it to Hwon. HTH.

Check the recaps, usually the answers are there... softy, jaejoongstolemyheart recap them :D

how do i see the recaps? do i have to make an account and login to see the list?? Thanks!

Guest dramaok

For those that read the novel i would really like to know if Hwon will ever consummate his marriage to BK now that the date is near?? I think he will come up with something to avoid the date but what excuse will he use, will it be enough to prevent the nightmare from happening?? Just the idea of him and BK being together makes me shudder...

no. he does not. once, on the date of the consummation he grabs his heart and collapses. like a heart attack. so Bokyeong freaked out and had all the doctors come and treat him and then later Hwon is like 'i'm fine now' . . . when the doctors were wondering if he was pretending to be sick (yet again), Hwon was like look at my cold sweat how could i fake it? no, he never sleeps with BK.

however he is not impotent.

What time now .. ~sigh 2;00am in the morning and I'm keep refreshing and reading all the comment posted tonight.

What an intriguing episode. I love it badly. I wonder what Jansil told Yang Myung. Did she told him like "I know wol and where is she is ..." OR did she include with .... " ..... Wol is Yeon Woo .. she did not remember herself or any her past .." ..

Jansil merely said i can help you meet the person you are looking for

and i think so too. Woon is a character who says the littlest but senses everything.

g'night. ^^

------------

todays' episode was gripping. i think next week's going to be explosive.

i was kinda of paying attention to all the men's hands. lol.

aigo i have been corrupted by all the scholars in this forum.

in the ending shot, HGI looks so beautiful. her eyes her nose and her lips are all on the big side, it makes her supernaturally beautiful.

like animation.

Guest show2007

[

'alexus' date='02 February 2012 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1328163277' post='17600373']

There are so many ways, but they were a little silly showing his FEET then now with this spoiler photo of his HANDS?? Seriously I think they are intentionally teasing the viewers with subtle moments of gutter infusion. Of course being a graduate of the GUTTER ACADEMY for Greatest Love and Lie TO ME, picking up on these things are a cake walk. LOL. Just like [b]flowerboyramunshop_FB[/b] said, it seems like this is a mandatory trait to be part of this Academy even with Principal [b]BADUY[/b] approving this behavior so let's just try to get an [b]A+ [/b] OMG did you just post more pics of KSH??? YOU are killing me here!!! Don't you think he has really kissable lips too??? He is YUMMY!!! 

[/code]

Lol...hey girls..."Easy" "Easy"...it's too early for me to start day dreaming from all the sexy pics and gustures from our OTP. The truth is we all being a graduate of the so called "Gutter Academy" from previous "mature/adult" dramas, these little things really can't do too much on us but hey...it gives me "a lot of rooms" of imagination...just so Yummy...hahaha...I am bad real bad....