[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

ginny_potter, HS 's just one of those supporting characters you can't help but to love! :lol: just like seol and janshil,a breath of fresh air me thinks to release the on going tension of the drama.

i don't think there'll be any skin revealing scenes in this drama tho..but i hope they build up the intimacy between the leads someway or the other!hehe!

I am a JIW fan but more of a KSH fan. And I can say that he is so Yang Myung in this episode! Although I must say that this episodes and the previous ones, whenever KSH is around he just owns the screen.

@ginny... about H being conservative, i believe it was a custom at that time to wear a bathrobe when taking a bath. try checking it out at Blue's book summary in www.belectricground.com

I guess everyone can relax now that after seeing HGI along with KSH, the age difference is not noticeable and she looks really young for her age. I do wish UEE would be the mean queen but the current queen is acceptable though. Can't wait for next episode, i never feel excited for a drama for a long time.

Guest puddingkancho

ginny_potter, HS 's just one of those supporting characters you can't help but to love! :lol: just like seol and janshil,a breath of fresh air me thinks to release the on going tension of the drama.

i don't think there'll be any skin revealing scenes in this drama tho..but i hope they build up the intimacy between the leads someway or the other!hehe!

HS:)

a686c9177f3e670951bb554d3bc79f3df9dc55cc.jpg

aa64034f78f0f7367e825fb30a55b319ebc41307.jpg

Ratings over 37% at peak???! Woot woot!!

Hwon surely can stir people's emotions.... Here are gifs of Wol and Myung when seeing Hwon in a paladin.

yangmyunghwon.gifgain.gif

EDIT:

@jebabe19

I agree and don't agree with you. I agree that Soo Hyun looks handsome in hanbok, because he's already pretty, he can wear anything :D

But I can't agree with you that Il Woo doesn't look good in hanbok. You probably  haven't watched Return of Iljimae. If you watched it you wouldn't say this :D 

Each of them rock hanbok costume in a different way. I think Il Woo looks more mature in hanbok and he really gives vibe of hyung. 

Guest ginny_potter

This series has inspired me to keep a blog post containing my thoughts after each episode. :) Hopefully I can sustain this until the finale. For now, here's what I thought of Episode 7... most of it have been posted here a few hours earlier.

Guest KhunTorian

the rating was over 37%?

OMG!

I'm still a newbie at Korean drama but reaching 30% are like mission impossible!

The casts and storyline are just so amazing...

and how could Kim So Hyun looks so HAWT just by sitting on the paladin...*swoon*

TMETS are freaking awesome!!

=]

edit : thanks ERPJ for sharing the ratings!

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

This series has inspired me to keep a blog post containing my thoughts after each episode. :) Hopefully I can sustain this until the finale. For now, here's what I thought of Episode 7... most of it have been posted here a few hours earlier.

wow ! if you don't mind, ill include this in our blogroll in the sunNMoon tumblr. i have been consolidating all reviews and recaps for this drama. worth keeping !! hope to see your reviews until the end .. :D

my quick insights about episode 7: reposting from sunnmoon fb

I just love the metaphors in this story! Love the details when it comes to the representation of the TWO SUNS. As mentioned a while ago, the palanquin of King Lee Hwon is golden yellow, as well as his garb motif. Interestingly, Prince Yang Ming garb is in the yellow class too, but not as striking as his brother's. In the story, this representation of the Joseon's Sun (Hwon) and the Sun who can't shine (Ming) denotes by their costumes.

Meanwhile, the Moon , Yeon Woo may be wearing a simple hanbok but her beauty exudes what the a moon must be defined. Han Ga In is a natural exquisite beauty. Definitely, she owns the character of Yeon Woo / Wol after episode 7. ♥

425822_175424755896930_152170751555664_237200_1703955735_n.jpg

AND THE RATINGS!!! OMO!!! DAEBAK INDEED! *fireworks and confetti* CALLING EUNUCH :w00t: !

383901_168138363292236_152170751555664_220121_1839834428_n.jpg

I like the changes they did in Wol's character and her meeting with Hwon. In the book, from Blue's summary, Hwon first met with Wol at the cottage and her face was hidden. he then asked her to show her face and she knew his identity because she's a shaman.it was more mysterious and poetic. 

here, its funny and cute how Wol thinks the memory that comes to her is Hwon's and that she's getting psychic power LOL she seems so proud to have the psychic ability which in reality is just her own memory hahaa. i like that they insert this lighthearted vibe into the plot. it can be exhausting if the drama is all serious and melo. so Wol THINKS she's a shaman now instead of being a real shaman like in the novel. i hope i'm getting this right haha. anyway, funny aside, their meeting is just heartbreaking. how Wol suddenly cried seeing Hwon without knowing why. and Hwon seeing the little Yeonwoo that led him to Wol.. 

My streaming was so bad so i need to watch it again before saying anything more. but from the little bits i saw, HGI was not bad as Wol. Yay! but i do agree, she can tone down her eyes widen shock expression. i like that Wol in the drama has a cute side to her and HGI is cute pointing her finger to her head to get psychic power heh.. and KSH is just LOVE. 

OMO, the rating! Congrats to the adult casts!!

luve OST.part 3 so much

휘성 - 눈물길 / Wheesung - Trail Of Tears [Hwon and YM's Theme]

~ Drama : The Moon That Embraces The Sun (해를 품은 달) OST Part.3

Singer : Wheesung

Date : 26 January 2012

Daum : http://music.daum.net/album/main?album_id=592752

credit: @Jae_AsianDream

Trail Of Tears

But I can't agree with you that Il Woo doesn't look good in hanbok. You probably  haven't watched Return of Iljimae. If you watched it you wouldn't say this :D 

Each of them rock hanbok costume in a different way. I think Il Woo looks more mature in hanbok and he really gives vibe of hyung. 

aisling--first time posting on this thread.  Just wanted to say that I totally agree with you...anyone who has seen JIW in Return of Ilijimae knows he looks great in hanbok.  Although I like him here,  he looks much better with a flowing mane of glory.  I never found JIW "hot" or "sexy"  (he's pretty not handsome)--But when watching  ROI, which I saw at least 2 times, I found JIW's face breathtaking.  There were times that I literally could not stop watching his face.  

OTOH, he does have a face that can occasionally look awkward/funny when he makes goofy expressions.  His look also changes a little with the haircut.  I like him best with a bit of long hair/bangs.  So I hope he goes rugged later on in this drama and pulls out the mane of glory.

as for KSH--he looks boyish here but can also look pretty hot, as he did in a couple of his photoshoots.  He has great intensity in the eyes.  KSH looks great in hanbok and has transitioned to the saeguk drama exceptionally well.

taizhu

Guest alicechen

Episode 1-7 have been reuploaded (this is our last resort blush.gif)

Direct Download links (rapidshare/bayfiles) are here. *crosses fingers*

Hubby is masculine despite his youthful looks. :D