Thank you so much @chocmagma....If you want to see the rest of his photos (most especially those from the Red Carpet where he looked so suave like a Japanese James Bond, here is the link to the Sato Takeru Soompi thread)

“Rurouni Kenshin” hero, Takeru Sato and Song Kang Ho, filled with excitement in their photo
translated by Pechumori
10/6/15

“Rurouni Kenshin” hero, Takeru Sato and Song Kang Ho, filled with excitement in their phototranslated by Pechumori10/6/15Handsome and famous Japanese actor, Takeru Sato from the movie “Rurouni Kenshin” was invited to the Busan International Film Festival, ending his schedule of 3 days and 2 nights.On the afternoon of Oct. 5, 2015, Takeru Sato participated in the Casting Board of the Asian Casting Market of the 20th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) together with Korean actor Kim Woo Bin and actress Kim Go Eun, Taiwanese actor Mark Chao and actress Sandrine Pinna and Japanese actress Masami Nagasawa, after having been selected as the young and promising actors who could represent Asia and move into the international arena.On that day, Takeru Sato had a short meeting with the Korean fans during the outdoor stage greeting. This was followed by the Casting Board event. The most awaited event by the fans was the Red carpet event, where the stars who visited Busan walked a distance of about 150 meters along the street of Haeundae. They walked leisurely along the way, shook hands and smiled to the cheering audience. Afterwards, the invited guest actors and film industry officials ended their formal schedule with a networking reception. More than anything, Takeru Sato cannot forget his surprise encounter with Korean actor, Song Kang Ho who was chosen to be this year’s “curtain call” star. Takeru Sato talked about Song Kang Ho, “He is a very respected actor. I’ve seen a lot of his work.” and “It was an honor that I actually met you now in this film festival. I wanted to have a chance to meet you. I want to try and work together with you later” delivering a moving comment that left an impression.After completing his official schedule in Korea, Takeru Sato is expected to go back to Japan to focus on the promotional activities of the movie, “Bakuman” which has just been released. Takeru Sato  co-stars in the movie with Kamiki Ryunosuke who recently won the Asia Star Award at the 10th “Seoul Drama Awards 2015” held last Sept. 10, 2015 in Korea.credit: http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=955270&year=2015Note:  Award winning actor, Song Kang Ho appeared in the films, “Snowpiercer,” “The Attorney,“, "Thirst”, "Hindsight”, “The Face Reader” among others

Handsome and famous Japanese actor, Takeru Sato from the movie “Rurouni Kenshin” was invited to the Busan International Film Festival, ending his schedule of 3 days and 2 nights.

On the afternoon of Oct. 5, 2015, Takeru Sato participated in the Casting Board of the Asian Casting Market of the 20th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) together with Korean actor Kim Woo Bin and actress Kim Go Eun, Taiwanese actor Mark Chao and actress Sandrine Pinna and Japanese actress Masami Nagasawa, after having been selected as the young and promising actors who could represent Asia and move into the international arena.

On that day, Takeru Sato had a short meeting with the Korean fans during the outdoor stage greeting. This was followed by the Casting Board event. The most awaited event by the fans was the Red carpet event, where the stars who visited Busan walked a distance of about 150 meters along the street of Haeundae. They walked leisurely along the way, shook hands and smiled to the cheering audience. Afterwards, the invited guest actors and film industry officials ended their formal schedule with a networking reception.

More than anything, Takeru Sato cannot forget his surprise encounter with Korean actor, Song Kang Ho who was chosen to be this year’s “curtain call” star. Takeru Sato talked about Song Kang Ho, “He is a very respected actor. I’ve seen a lot of his work.” and “It was an honor that I actually met you now in this film festival. I wanted to have a chance to meet you. I want to try and work together with you later” delivering a moving comment that left an impression.

After completing his official schedule in Korea, Takeru Sato is expected to go back to Japan to focus on the promotional activities of the movie, “Bakuman” which has just been released. Takeru Sato  co-stars in the movie with Kamiki Ryunosuke who recently won the Asia Star Award at the 10th “Seoul Drama Awards 2015” held last Sept. 10, 2015 in Korea.

credit: http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=955270&year=2015

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Woo Bin "I want to act with Takeru Sato...His eyes look really good"
translated by Pechumori
10/5/15

Kim Woo Bin “I want to act with Takeru Sato…His eyes look really good”translated by Pechumori10/5/15Actor Kim Woo Bin cited Japanese actor, Takeru Sato as one of the actors that he would want to act together with.On the afternoon of Oct. 5, 2015, the Casting Board event of the Asian Casting Market in the 20th Busan International Film Festival was held in the BEXCO exhibition hall. Actors Kim Woo Bin, Kim Go Eun, Mark Chao, Sandrine Pinna, Takeru Sato and Masami Nagasawa participated in the event. On that day, Kim Woo Bin was asked to name an actor that he would like to act together with and he said, “I want to act with Takeru Sato. I have not seen any of the Rurouni Kenshin movies yet, but a little while ago, I saw a short video clip. His eyes look really good.”Kim Woo Bin added “I’m going to watch your movie as soon as it reaches Seoul” and Takeru Sato replied by saying “Thank You” in Korean.The Asia Casting Market is a place to connect the actors representing Asia with the global film industry officials to revitalize international joint productions. The Casting Board chose young and promising male and female actors from Korea, China and Japan not only for their talent but also for their foundation to advance to the international stage.credit: http://news.kukinews.com/article/view.asp?arcid=0009927722&code=41181111&cp=nvNote: Kim Woo Bin is best known for his appearance in the drama, “Heirs” and in the movie “Twenty”.No wonder the two actors bowed deeply to one another when they did this handshake, showing mutual respect. ^^photo credit as tagged.

Actor Kim Woo Bin cited Japanese actor, Takeru Sato as one of the actors that he would want to act together with.

On the afternoon of Oct. 5, 2015, the Casting Board event of the Asian Casting Market in the 20th Busan International Film Festival was held in the BEXCO exhibition hall. Actors Kim Woo Bin, Kim Go Eun, Mark Chao, Sandrine Pinna, Takeru Sato and Masami Nagasawa participated in the event. On that day, Kim Woo Bin was asked to name an actor that he would like to act together with and he said, "I want to act with Takeru Sato. I have not seen any of the Rurouni Kenshin movies yet, but a little while ago, I saw a short video clip. His eyes look really good."

Kim Woo Bin added "I'm going to watch your movie as soon as it reaches Seoul" and Takeru Sato replied by saying "Thank You" in Korean.

The Asia Casting Market is a place to connect the actors representing Asia with the global film industry officials to revitalize international joint productions. The Casting Board chose young and promising male and female actors from Korea, China and Japan not only for their talent but also for their foundation to advance to the international stage.

credit: http://news.kukinews.com/article/view.asp?arcid=0009927722&code=41181111&cp=nv

Note: Kim Woo Bin is best known for his appearance in the drama, "Heirs" and in the movie "Twenty".

tumblr_inline_nvtyzw4ADW1t29qy4_500.jpg

No wonder the two actors bowed deeply to one another when they did this handshake.
photo credit as tagged.

You're welcome @chocmagma, hope you can join me and Hiranade in spazzing about Takeru at his Soompi thread. :D

@hiranade, The LA Eigafest happened before the Busan International Film Festival.

Here's a picture posted by Director Keishi Otomo on his twitter account when he and Aoki arrived in LA on Sept. 25

CPtVfx5UEAA5y7k.jpg

Takeru Sato and Kamiki Ryunosuke were busy promoting their new movie "Bakuman" last Sept. so he could not join them in LA.. The LA Eigafest happened in the last week of Sept while the Busan International Film Festival was held on the first week of October.

Director Otomo is supportive of Takeru and Ryunosuke's new movie, "Bakuman" because he even posted a photo of the movie's poster on his twitter account, @TeamOTOMO.

Takeru Sato, "Rurouni Kenshin Festival" to be held for 3 consecutive Fridays! The TV premiere of Kyoto Inferno and The Legend Ends!
translated by Pechumori
151009 (excerpt)

tumblr_nw23bcKaOk1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

The "Rurouni Kenshin" live action blockbuster series starring Takeru Sato will have a "Friday roadshow!" via the NTV channel in Japan. For 3 consecutive weeks, the uncut version will be aired starting on Oct. 23. The climax of the trilogy, "Kyoto Inferno" and "The Legend Ends" will have their first television broadcast.

"Rurouni Kenshin" will be aired on Oct. 23, (21:00 to 22:54), "Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Inferno" will air on October 30 (21:00 to 23:44) and "Rurouni Kenshin The Legend Ends" will air on November 6 (19:56 to 22:54).

credit: http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0077162

Guest hiranade

Thanks for your info @pechumori^^ dunno the LA eiga fest ended in sept...

It'll interesting to watch rurouni kenshin uncut version via NTV , hope overseas fans can watch it too

Guest chocmagma

Already following that link, @pechumori! I'm gonna find a way to drop by there often hihi :w00t:

Thanks for your info @pechumori^^ dunno the LA eiga fest ended in sept...

It'll interesting to watch rurouni kenshin uncut version via NTV , hope overseas fans can watch it too

Yeah I hope we can watch it too :wub:

@chocmagma, thank you for following the Sato Takeru thread. Drop by and chat with us about Takeru san anytime over there.

@hiranade, i hope we can watch a live streaming of those uncut versions too.

Takeru Sato "Rurouni Kenshin, I cannot avoid the action"
translated by Pechumori

tumblr_nw94drlrZG1u0s9l5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nw94drlrZG1u0s9l5o2_540.jpg

Takeru Sato conveyed at the Casting Board event that he received worldwide love as "Rurouni Kenshin".

On the afternoon of Oct. 5, 2015, South Korean actor Kim Woo Bin and actress, Kim Go Eun, Chinese actor Mark Chao and Sandrine Pinna and Japanese actor Takeru Sato and actress, Masami Nagasawa participated in the Casting Board event of the Asian Casting Market in the 20th Busan International Film Festival which was held at the Bexco hall.

Takeru Sato who was well known in Korea as "Rurouni Kenshin" said "because Rurouni Kenshin is a famous masterpiece in Japan, I know that I cannot avoid the action if I were to play the main character. I had a lot of training for the action scenes."

He added "I liked action (movies) since childhood. My action was really nothing compared to Kim Go Eun's action in hitting people to pressure them, as shown in the video a little while ago. (He was referring to her movie, Coinlocker Girl). I want to try and do an action movie together with Kim Go Eun. I want to match up with her action" he said, which evoked laughter.

From Korea, Kim Woo Bin and Kim Go Eun, from China, Mark Chao and Sandrinne Pinna and from Japan, Takeru Sato and Masami Nagasawa were chosen to participate in the festival of stars in the Casting Board event of the Asian Casting Market, not only because they are young and promising actors, but their future move is more noteworthy.

credit: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201510051442111127&ext=na
http://news.joins.com/article/18796816

P.S. This is the last meaty news article written about Takeru Sato during the 2015 BIFF, the rest are just descriptions of how he looked, specially during the red carpet.

In line with the Rurouni Kenshin roadshow presentation via the NTV channel in Japan, featuring the Rurouni Kenshin series which will be aired for three consecutive fridays starting on Oct. 23, a Rurouni Kenshin special exhibition is being held at the Shiodome store. The costumes of Kenshin and Shishio in the movie are worn by life sized mannequins that were placed on the entrance to greet the people and give them a chance to stand in between the costumed mannequins and have their picture taken with them, The weapons used in the movie have also been showcased in the exhibit.
credit:  ‏@nitteleya twitter

tumblr_nwggmjfbiN1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwggmjfbiN1u0s9l5o2_540.jpg

tumblr_nwggmjfbiN1u0s9l5o3_540.jpg

THE RUROUNI KENSHIN ROADSHOW

tumblr_nwgl4jA6YK1u0s9l5o1_540.png

Rurouni Kenshin on Oct. 23 at 9 pm.

tumblr_inline_nwgku827QK1t29qy4_540.pngtumblr_inline_nwgkuz8r9n1t29qy4_540.pngtumblr_inline_nwgkvlttKk1t29qy4_540.png

Rurouni Kenshin - Kyoto Inferno on Oct. 30 at 9 pm

tumblr_inline_nwgkgc2o011t29qy4_540.pngtumblr_inline_nwgkgzIyEZ1t29qy4_540.pngtumblr_inline_nwgkhojnP41t29qy4_540.png

Rurouni Kenshin - The Legend Ends on Nov. 6 at 7:56 pm

tumblr_inline_nwgkl29ijE1t29qy4_540.pngtumblr_inline_nwgknsqtlR1t29qy4_540.pngtumblr_inline_nwgl2l2Unl1t29qy4_540.png

to be aired on NTV channel in Japan
First TV broadcast of Kyoto Inferno and The Legend Ends
screen shots from the TV ads credit: Rei

tumblr_nwibz4NbaB1s68ogmo5_540.jpg
tumblr_nwibz4NbaB1s68ogmo4_540.jpg
tumblr_nwibz4NbaB1s68ogmo3_540.jpg

Takarazuka Revue, Japan’s all-female musical theater troupe, will challenge the first ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ musical.
The Snow Troupe’s top star of male roles, Sagiri Seina, will play as the main character, Himura Kenshin and top star of female roles, Sakihi Miyu, will portray the other main character, Kamiya Kaoru. Other cast are Hōshō Dai as Sanosuke Sagara, Daigo Seshiru as Takani Megumi, Ayanagi Shō as Takeda Kanryu, Ayakaze Sakina as Saito Hajime, Tsukishiro Kanato as Shinomori Aoshi, and Nozomi Fuuto as Kanō Sōzaburō. (Note by Hana Angel: I’ve made a research about Kanō Sōzaburō and it turns out he’s a part of Shinsengumi from an old film or drama. So, maybe he’s a new original character to be a part of the play).
Screenplay and director is Koike Shūichirō.

Takarazuka Grand Theater
Performance period: February 5, 2016 (Friday) ~ March 14, 2015 (Mon.)

General Advance ticket release: January 9, 2016 (Saturday)

Tokyo Takarazuka Theater
Performance period: April 1, 2016 (Friday) - May 8, 2016 (Sun)

General Advance ticket release: February 28, 2016 (Sun)

For ticket prices and schedule, go to their official website: http://kageki.hankyu.co.jp/revue/2016/rurouni/index.html

Sources: 1 |

Additional photo credit to どラ ‏ via twitter.

credithana-angel

Here are some of the original Rurouni Kenshin cast, side by side with their musical counterparts.
credit: @mai_pfpf twitter

tumblr_inline_nwirx02knm1t29qy4_540.jpg

stephany-310:  stephany-310:  Cinematoday : About BIFF  ~translation~ Sato Takeru, who appeared with Nagasawa Masami as Japan’s representative on the stage of the new project ‘Casting Board’ of the 20th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) held for ten days from Oct 1st, talked about his realistic thought as an actor and 26-year-old youth. (Photo: Sato Takeru, quite popular with Asian stars!) This is the second time after three years (Rurouni Kenshin) for him to take part in BIFF. ‘I feel honored to be chosen as a member. This experience will increase my sense of responsibility toward the works I’ll be involved in. But what if Masami-chan were not here’, Sato said with wry smile. ‘It is kind of special this time and I feel somewhat fluffy. I walked on the red carpet and communicated with the fans. Movie folks from all over the world have gathered here, so at night, drinking with directors and staffs might be the best way to enjoy this international film festival’, he said.  During the event, he was appointed to costar by Mark Chao from Taiwan and Kim Woo-Bin from Korea. ‘As expected, Japan’s manga is very popular I feel. Especially men like films filled with actions like ‘Rurouni Kenshin’, don’t they? I had a renewed sense how significant it was to have a chance to appear in ‘Rurouni Kenshin’, he said making sober analysis. ‘You can enjoy an action film without any line. So it makes a kind of weapon to get a toehold in the world’, he continued facing the world calmly.  In order to increase his weapons, he has been studying English every day, he said. ‘At film festivals abroad, it has become common for Asian actors to make a speech in English, right? Not only for business reasons, is it really regretful to be unable to communicate with my foreign friends. It is better to ‘do it now’ than to think, ‘I wish I could speak English’ in ten or twenty years.’ He chose fantasy as a genre he’d like to challenge, and dreamed of collaborating with Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan. ‘At the very beginning, I’ll make Japanese films as usual. It will be wonderful if many more people overseas watch them, I think’, he said, showing no pressure. Finally he said with a smile, ‘Before as an actor, as a man, I want to have a lot of knowledge. I want to read novels and manga. Simply because I like entertainment. I want to be in tough with artworks, such as paintings. I’d like to value friends as a human being. And I’d like to value play as a man’, he revealed with a smile. (Shibata Megumi:柴田メグミ)  Translation added :)   Thank you for the translation. ^^

Cinematoday : About BIFF 

~translation~

Sato Takeru, who appeared with Nagasawa Masami as Japan’s representative on the stage of the new project ‘Casting Board’ of the 20th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) held for ten days from Oct 1st, talked about his realistic thought as an actor and 26-year-old youth.

(Photo: Sato Takeru, quite popular with Asian stars!)

This is the second time after three years (Rurouni Kenshin) for him to take part in BIFF. ‘I feel honored to be chosen as a member. This experience will increase my sense of responsibility toward the works I’ll be involved in. But what if Masami-chan were not here’, Sato said with wry smile. ‘It is kind of special this time and I feel somewhat fluffy. I walked on the red carpet and communicated with the fans. Movie folks from all over the world have gathered here, so at night, drinking with directors and staffs might be the best way to enjoy this international film festival’, he said.

During the event, he was appointed to costar by Mark Chao from Taiwan and Kim Woo-Bin from Korea. ‘As expected, Japan’s manga is very popular I feel. Especially men like films filled with actions like ‘Rurouni Kenshin’, don’t they? I had a renewed sense how significant it was to have a chance to appear in ‘Rurouni Kenshin’, he said making sober analysis. ‘You can enjoy an action film without any line. So it makes a kind of weapon to get a toehold in the world’, he continued facing the world calmly.

In order to increase his weapons, he has been studying English every day, he said. ‘At film festivals abroad, it has become common for Asian actors to make a speech in English, right? Not only for business reasons, is it really regretful to be unable to communicate with my foreign friends. It is better to ‘do it now’ than to think, ‘I wish I could speak English’ in ten or twenty years.’

He chose fantasy as a genre he’d like to challenge, and dreamed of collaborating with Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan. ‘At the very beginning, I’ll make Japanese films as usual. It will be wonderful if many more people overseas watch them, I think’, he said, showing no pressure. Finally he said with a smile, ‘Before as an actor, as a man, I want to have a lot of knowledge. I want to read novels and manga. Simply because I like entertainment. I want to be in tough with artworks, such as paintings. I’d like to value friends as a human being. And I’d like to value play as a man’, he revealed with a smile. (Shibata Megumi:柴田メグミ)

(Source: m.cinematoday.jp)

translation credit: http://stephany-310.tumblr.com/post/131275948709

Today is the start of the Rurouni Kenshin roadshow on Japanese TV via NTV channel. The series will be shown on three consecutive Fridays starting today, Oct 23. Let's enjoy seeing this somersault to celebrate the ocassion! ^^
credit: satoh takeru holic

tumblr_nwo13jJdNm1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwo13jJdNm1u0s9l5o2_250.gif

Prior to the airing of "Rurouni Kenshin" in the Friday Road Show program of NTV Tokyo channel last Oct. 23, 2015, Takeru Sato appeared in the NTV Zip morning news show to promote the Rurouni Kenshin Festival starting that evening. Takeru san, who was then wearing black, held the Friday Road Show NTV Tokyo mascot Stanley, the black rabbit, and the FB post described them as being perfect for wearing the same color of outfit. Stanley also wore a Rurouni Kenshin costume and had an X scar placed on its face, then posed next to the RK brochures to promote the festival. The Friday Road show featuring the Rurouni Kenshin festival will air the series for three consecutive fridays which started last Oct. 23.

credit: https://www.facebook.com/kinro.ntv
https://twitter.com/kinro_ntv

tumblr_nwqhi6x3ZQ1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwqhi6x3ZQ1u0s9l5o2_540.jpg

tumblr_nwqhi6x3ZQ1u0s9l5o3_540.jpg

tumblr_nwqhi6x3ZQ1u0s9l5o4_540.jpg

Archived