Does the Cactus Club (restaurant) hire chinese people?

Guest aimeelinluvyunhojung

They hire beautful people a lot of the time lol
So! I've been trying to find a job recently and im not having very good luck with that.. I was just wondering..

Does the Cactus Club hire chinese people?

Also, will they hire chinese girls with dyed hair? (brown) cuz i guess it makes me look more fob T.T

I am chinese and im not ugly or anything but i just feel like i wouldnt be able to get hired just because im not caucasian. (i think they usually hire girls who are really gorgeous)

So do u guys think that I could get hired?

btw i live in Burnaby, British Columbia if that helps at all haha cuz i know the cactus club is only located in ontario, alberta and b.c (maybe in the u.s? i dont think so tho)

Guest Starblazerbon

why do you think brown hair on an Asian would be an indication that they might be a fob?

I also wonder... Do Chinese restaurants hire white people? 

Guest hobobear

I think I have been served by an asian girl in the Richmond location. But usually in these types of restaurants (Cactus club, Earls, Milestones), they hire really pretty girls. 

Guest Starblazerbon

I think I have been served by an asian girl in the Richmond location. But usually in these types of restaurants (Cactus club, Earls, Milestones), they hire really pretty girls. 

So cactus club is basically a Canadian hooter...

So cactus club is basically a Canadian hooter...

Not really. Just a higher end restaurant.

I know a girl who's Chinese who works at the Burrard location and one Chinese (might be Vietnamese, can't remember) at the Burnaby location. My ex who's Vietnamese also says his restaurant on Cambie has a couple of Asian girls working there. They are generally good looking and have long black hair, though...

Why are you trying for Cactus Club if you aren't confident? You have to be really open, flirt a lot, and not only look 'sexy' but FEEL 'sexy' because the vibe bounces off coworkers and customers. I hate having downbeat servers.

Try Red Robins or White Spot -- they hire anyone and everyone and you make in tips about the same as Cactus (it's POOLED tip at Cactus, not solo tip, btw. Both my friend and ex make tip equal to the hours they work. Example 30 hours = $30, 20 hours = $20)

and this really shouldn't belong in L&R, but the Canada networking section and/or job thread, and so I'm moving it. Sorry!

I could agree with CC or Earls, but Milestones? Really? Which ones are you going to? :ph34r:

Guest c0lap1nada

Yes... Cactus Club will hire Chinese people. Not too sure why you'd want to work there since the food doesn't taste great... and tbh, not all the girls there are that pretty... Perhaps its just their confidence.

employers aren't supposed to base their hiring decisions on race

if they do, then its to the human rights tribunal

i.e. a caucasian girl wants to work at a chinese restaurant but is refused employment due to lack of skills essential for her duties, speaking fluent canto/mando. --> legit reason to refuse employment

i.e. a caucasian girl wants to work at a chinese restaurant but is refused employment, although her language skills are adequate for her duties, and makes a perfectly competitive candidate with necessary experience etc. --> ILLEGAL.

thanks everyone!!

I didnt get hired =\ what i mean is they never called me haha either that or i didnt get their call (they said they would call if there were any positions open)

Btw when I went to hand in my resume I got an interview right on the spot.

And i also noticed the waitresses werent THAT pretty haha :P

but it doesnt matter that i didnt get this job cuz i got hired at the old spaghetti factory a few days ago!! WOOT and to be honest i love it more than the cactus club :P

Guest PapayaSeed

thanks everyone!!

I didnt get hired =\ what i mean is they never called me haha either that or i didnt get their call (they said they would call if there were any positions open)

Btw when I went to hand in my resume I got an interview right on the spot.

And i also noticed the waitresses werent THAT pretty haha :P

but it doesnt matter that i didnt get this job cuz i got hired at the old spaghetti factory a few days ago!! WOOT and to be honest i love it more than the cactus club :P

congrats on getting hired at old spaghetti factory!!! so..umm....any discount for Soompiers? lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PapayaSeed

another grand Soompi Meeting at the Old Spaghetti Factory! lol

Recommendations on the menu :P , I'm gonna be spending a lot of time at one.. Jk jk.

sounds good! I'd be up for a grand Soompi meet @ OSF..haha

Archived