How Many Casually Wear Heels?

Guest asthua

Guest mopwns

I love wearing heels casually.

My best friend and I wear heels casually probably 3 times a week.

I live in Montreal and not many people wear heels around, but lately I think with the summer season and shoe stores filled with heels, I'm started to see more girls wearing heels. That or I'm just starting to notice it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest treeshaa

I would love to wear heels casually, but unfortunately, me being restless all the time prohibits me from actually wearing heels (and walking gracefully in them after a couple of hours).

Then again, like other Californians, I love the comfortable, laid back look. It's just much easier to be walking around in flip flops, sandals, or sneakers. For the most part, 10-20% of the people I see around in San Jose wears heels.

But definitely during occasions or winter time, I would love to add to my height factor whenever possible. Besides, heels are really cute. :)

It's funny because I realized this when I visited Korea during my middle school years. And it still happens. Korean girls like to wear heels both casually and formally.

I personally don't like to wear heels casually, because I am already considered "tall" xD I would probably wear them more often if I were about 2" shorter though lol. And because I'm not used to wearing them so often, it gets uncomfortable at times..I need more practice >< hehe..And most girls around the Bay Area (where I live) wear heels more for formal events (prom, dates, clubbing, etc). I see girls wear more sneakers, flats, or flip-flops around here.

Guest nauticalblue

I've never really thought of wearing heels in a casual outfit as something unusual. It's maybe not the most common thing around where I live, but it's not unheard of. But usually when I see someone wearing heels casually, it's usually grown women or those in a professional environment rather than a student. I'm still only in high school, so it's not that often that you see a girl wearing heels to school, but I do still know some girls that do wear heels probably twice a week. I also know a few girls that wear heels on a daily basis (but now that I think about it, most of them are Asian, and a lot of them are quite petite and short). My Vietnamese friend is well under five feet tall, but she also wears 5+ inch platform heels every single day. Although it's not too common at my school, I do see some women who wear heels casually often. Then again, I might just think that because my mother wears heels practically every day, and I don't think she even owns a pair of shoes that don't have at least 3-inch heel.

I probably need the extra height as well since I'm kind of short, but I don't find heels to be the most comfortable, so I just wear flats a lot. I don't wear heels unless it's a formal or nice event that I'm getting dressed up to go to. I'm so jealous when I see girls that can pull off wearing heels casually so well and so effortlessly, haha.

Guest Smelly Tofu

All these problems with heels...honestly you get what you paid for.

I wear heels all the time now. my friends would question if I don't wear them.

I'm short so its reasonable

Guest Midnight-Sun

I'd like to, haha...

the feeling when you wear heels is just so great! lol~

I really like wearing them, but...

I'm pretty tall, so my friends all hate it if I do . _ .''

Plus... at my school, it's not really common... only a few girls do, and mostly the short ones.

So I don't really... once in a while, but I usually get comments from friends ("why are you wearing them???")

:P

And they aren't even that high... - -

Guest bbaumgul

ME.

I'm a midget.

I need all the help I can get.

Wearing heels will help bump me from a 5'2 to a 5'4 or more so HEY.

Guest hydraskylar

how do you guys wear heels? I've heard all the rave about Dr. Scholl's insole and Heavenly Heelz but despite using both of them, my feet still slide down and my heels slip out of the shoes. Any secrets or tips, anyone?

Guest taerts

Mhh, quite a lot of girls in my school wear low heels, like 2.5inches?

(with the occasional skimpy-outfit girl sporting 4inch heels).

I prefer my comfy converse though :3

Guest littlemisssavvy

i love wearing heels but i live in new york and i can't possibly imagine how i would run around the city in anything but flats. people at work usually just commute in flats and change into heels at the office.

Guest rachilde

how do you guys wear heels? I've heard all the rave about Dr. Scholl's insole and Heavenly Heelz but despite using both of them, my feet still slide down and my heels slip out of the shoes. Any secrets or tips, anyone?

It kind of sounds like you might be buying the wrong size heel, so check that first and try a variety of different sizes to get one that truly fits. You will also need heel grips, which essentially lay against the back of the shoe to provide some extra padding against your heel. This will keep your heels from slipping out when you walk. Aldo sells cheap ones. All in all, though, it's really about finding the right shoe and breaking that shoe in. How you walk in the shoes will influence your experience as well. I personally find that I walk a lot faster and better in shoes when I 'walk with my hips.' That is to say, you use the momentum of your hips swinging to swing out your legs with each step. Try it out and see if that helps your heel issues.

Guest fuzibunni

^ Aldo also sells some but I tend to get mine at places like Longs, CVS, Walgreens, etc. because they go on sale time to time and they're not half bad. The ones I get are the foamy grey ones and not the tan ones because those actually end up hurting me.

I'm in California and I consider myself of average height since I'm about 5'5". I wear heels casually although most of the girls that I know around me don't. I usually pick the shoes that I wear depending on how much walking I know I'll be doing that day. If I know I'll be walking a mile then I would pick flats or converse or low heels but if it matches my outfit and I'm not walking a ton then I'll go with 3-4 inch wedges/heels (usually wedges). Maybe around 10% of the girls I see around me wear heels casually?

Guest stellaxtine

I'd say it's about 10% of women wear heels casually.

At my university, I only ever see "real" asian girls (the transfer ones from Asia) wear heels casually. At the hospital where I work, I only know of one doctor who does, and I can hear her coming a mile away because of her heavy heel-step on the tile. I don't really see anyone wear heels when I go out, either, unless it's a business or higher-class woman. Most people around here wear flip flops because it's so dang hot all the time.

I like to wear heels because they make me feel like my outfit it more put-together and less like a high-schooler, because I still wear a lot of my high school clothes. I end up wearing sneakers or flip flops a lot of the time, though, just because it's convenient.

Also, I'm considered "tall" (5'8-9") but I like wearing heels because then I get to tower over everyone and feel like a model. I heard a quote somewhere, "heels are a woman's confidence." That and those annoying mall vendors or street solicitors don't want to talk to me when I wear heels. It's a win-win.

Guest likelovers

At my university, there'll be a few girls (very few though) that'll wear heels to class.  Most people would still look at them a little strangely though.

At my friend's university however, since she's a business major and they're required to dress somewhat formally, she wears heels all the time.

My other friend did tell me that in Korea, almost all the girls at his university wear heels o___o;;

I sometimes wear wedges on normal days, but I think wedges are less dramatic than heels.

• 3 years later...
Guest vanamandaa

In high school I used to wear heels everyday . I liked putting together different outfits that went well with heels because to be honest heels made my outfit looked more put together and it made me stand out . The teachers always admired how I dressed older than my age and my classmates and the people at my high school were always complimenting me on what I wear everyday . This to me helped boost my self esteem because I never really felt confident to begin with so when I started to get more into fashion I began putting in more effort on how I looked and yes I know looks aren't everything but it made me feel good that I represented my appearance well . When looking good you feel good . However, now that I am in college and im actually in my junior year of college I've noticed that I've become very laid back with what I wear . I feel like my surroundings at school have made me decide that wearing heels would be best outside of campus . I only wear heels like once or twice to school every semester or so just because I feel that I can't completely cut myself off from wearing heels to school but I just don't have the time to really go all out anymore and plus walking around more on a college campus compared to a high school really tires me out and not all my classes are close by together . I only wear heels now when I'm not at school and it has been a weird transition only because the majority of my "shoes" are heels so I've been feeling very limited on what I can wear that I think would look good for me . I'm still adjusting to wearing shoes, sandals, and flats but I still try to be as fashionable as possible if not than something that suits me well . I've been dressing like I don't care for awhile now though but overall I think that wearing heels is great I would love to go back to wearing them everyday .... Someday (: Just got to focus on my studies right now and eventually I'll have that motivation to get back to putting in effort with how I look .

Guest glamazon21

Heels are super cute, but my feet always hurt after an hour or so. I live in Canada and I just find them incredibly inconvenient especially with all the snow, slush, and ice combined with my constant tripping when I'm walking around at school. If I'm not at school, I'm at work and since I work in a jewellery store and stand on my feet for 5-9 hours at a time I find it's very impractical if my shoes have heels that are too high and I walk too slowly. Also I find that when I wear heels I look like....I'm trying too hard?? Not a lot of people I know wear high heels so I always feel out of place wearing them.Add in the negative effects of regularly wearing heels and they really turn me off. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wish more people wore heels casually. Usually when I see heels, the people wearing them look very dressed up, like they might be on their way to dinner or something similar. I practically never see people just hanging out or doing casual shopping in heels. Part of the area I live in has a very high population of Koreans though, so if I do see heels it's usually there.

I'm only 5'3" and chubby so heels help a lot. They make me feel more confident too. You don't have to wear very high heels! My go-to shoes have a thick two inch heel and they work great for casual wear - I can easily wear them shopping for four hours before I start to feel any discomfort at all. I want to start wearing more dressy, higher heels, but I worry I'll look too dressed up.

Archived